Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Messed up Editing the Database

vCash
    Yeah didn't make any difference. I'd say there was something edited with a Filter on but wasn't cancelled correctly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you anyways! However I can click past it and then continue as usual, is there going to be any problems with the game further in or can I just continue?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearthepenguinz View Post
    Thank you anyways! However I can click past it and then continue as usual, is there going to be any problems with the game further in or can I just continue?
    try it

vCash

Problem with editor and also starting new game.

Hey,

I only found this site a few days ago. Sorry for my lack of knowledge... I have tried to find the answers to my problems on the forum, but can't find anything.

Downloaded the game and I was playing it on a clone drive. Everything was working grand until I decided to tweak the editor. (I remember doing this back when I used to play the game years ago - so thought I knew what was doing)

Anyway, now I seem to have messed something up. After making some changes within the editor, I clicked on the "save - as" option, and gave the database a new name. I thought this was what you were meant to do so you could have a separate database for the new version alongside the original database.

Now I cannot enter the editor anymore. (just gives me an error message). I also can't start a new game either. (another error message).

I can still load saved games and quick start games. But also what I don't understand is that I've un-installed the game completely and re-installed it... but yet the problems still persist. And also my saved games and tactics are all still there - even after a fresh install. (which I really don't understand? How can I completely un-install the game components and still have saved games & tactics?)

Any help appreciated guys! Thanks in advance!

vCash
    You need to uninstall and delete everything to do with the game before reinstalling.

Save games, tactics etc you can save to a different location, but everything else must be deleted before reinstalling.

vCash

vCash

Database base 95/96 error

Hi all,

When i load a new game all player positions are set as FC.. However in the editor they are correct.

What could be wrong and how to rectify?

i posted an earlier thread about a different issue, however i resolved this and cant seem to close it.

vCash
    What had you install before? If it was a Tapanified Database e.g. 3.xx database, you can't copy over it.

A clean install is the best suggestion. Just rename the old folder then reinstall the game, 3.9.68 patch and add the 95/96 data

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks Dermo! Is it possible to retain the colored attributes after a clean re-install and the 95 database? How about amending the year to reflect 1995?

vCash
    any idea Dermotron about coloured attribute and start yea? could you create a patch for me?

vCash
    anyone know if this is possible and can assist?

vCash

Messed up Editing the Database

hi there guys,

Im using windows 7, ive done compatability and run as admin etc!

Im having problems with data loading into my database, i dont know wether its a memory thing or not! Ive done cmdbsort and validated database.

I have added loads of chairmans onto the game and deleted loads so its not as if theres more data than before on the game, infact probably less!

So, when i load my game some of the chairmen dont load, ive got it on max database and selected all the leagues apart from Argentina, Northern ireland and Rep Ireland.

Please could u help me so i can have all data load.

thanks.

vCash
    Have you done compatability and run the editor as Administrator ?

I suspect that your changes have been saved in Users - User - AppData - Local - VirtualStore. (it might be a hidden folder)

VirtualStore is some Microsoft bollocks to piss you off and stop you saving in Program Files if you are not admin.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Have you done compatability and run the editor as Administrator ?

I suspect that your changes have been saved in Users - User - AppData - Local - VirtualStore. (it might be a hidden folder)

VirtualStore is some Microsoft bollocks to piss you off and stop you saving in Program Files if you are not admin.
    thanks for reply, i did say that i had checked compatibilty. must be something else

vCash
    I'd still check the virtual store. It does look as if you are picking up the unaltered database.
    Alternatively make another change, say a change in a teams colour, and see if you pick that up. If you do, then it is something in the loading of the data that I doubt that anyone will be able to sort. If you don't then you need to find where the editor is saving your data.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    ive managed to sort the issue out by choosing less leagues. all my data loads into the game now, however now theres another problem.....

the Chairmans attributes are different to what they are in the editor every single time i load the game,

any ideas guys?

vCash
    Different as in lower by 1/2 points?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fods View Post
    Different as in lower by 1/2 points?

no different as in i put 20 as resources and it comes out as 1 or 2 lol

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    I just had this error in my Pool/Swans game - no idea why - have never used an editor!

Seemed to have clicked through ok though

vCash

The game suddenlly shuts down with no errors...

Just like the topic says.

I am using march update with 2.21 patch along with the CM3editor.
    It's installed on a win 10 machine.
    So I managed to play the full season starting year 2015.
    When I click "CONTINUE" on a 1 july of 2016, the game just crashes with no errors whatsoever.

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Might be something you did with edirotr?

Can you use March uodate and start in 2015?

Tried holoidaying past the crash?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Might be something you did with edirotr?

Can you use March uodate and start in 2015?

Tried holoidaying past the crash?

I used CM3Editor, not a in game editor.
    It was stuck on that date.
    When I used Holiday mode, it went past the date and now its stuck on august 1. But still, every time I click on news and contiune it just shuts down. I did used the tapani starting in the year 2015 with march update.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 13