Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Messed up Editing the Database

victor040190 Unattached

Data table not aligned

Hi. I work in a enhancement project from the original database (not an update) and yesterday an error ocurred when saving data. Although the game can be started normally, I cannot save again with the editor and through validation process the following ocurred:

// ------------------------ //
    // Step 8: Table alignments //
    // ------------------------ //

Data table (common_names) was not aligned.
    Fix failed: Table still not aligned! (1 items re-aligned)

Can anyone help me on how to fix this problem? For example, when I load the DB, common names appear normally at the editor. When I try to reorder them, they appear randomly. I use cm0102ed for editing

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    One of the 1st, 2nd or Common names will have created a rogue version on itself. Filter the names until you find a blank one and delete it. Also find any 1st, 2nd or Common names with 0 in the Count and delete them.

Make a back up by using the Distribute option in the Editor first

victor040190 Unattached
    I'll try it here, thank you very much

victor040190 Unattached
    Well, I tried what Dermotran said but it would endlessly wait for deletion of a blank common name. If by any chance anybody wants to help me, I have uploaded data at 4shared - http://www.4shared.com/zip/MTmTeNFC/...ase_Upgra.html

As far as I remember, there was an access violation message after entering 1st name 'Stephane' (nation Gabon) and it does appears as a 1st name with count 0

vCash
    anyway to bypass signing up for 4shared?

or upload it to Sendspace if ya can mate

victor040190 Unattached

vCash

victor040190 Unattached
    Thanks a lot mate

vCash
    For some reason all Gabon players got a 'hidden' common name. I added the common name '123' to them all then deleted it from them.

Weird error, nothing worse to ruin a few hrs updating!!

victor040190 Unattached
    Yeah, the "access violation" message appeared just after I entered the first name of a Gabonese player, probably that new player was the cause of it all. Once again, thank you very much for all help

vCash
    Please could you give me instructions on how you fixed this? I think I have the same issue.

vCash
    Whatever you have the issue with (first name, second name or common name) filter the problem area but dont enter anything for the filter. You will have loads of blank names for different countries, delete them. Then press Staff. Go to Tools, Validate Database. It will take awhile at 1st but then it will show no errors for whatever area the issue was for

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Whatever you have the issue with (first name, second name or common name) filter the problem area but dont enter anything for the filter. You will have loads of blank names for different countries, delete them. Then press Staff. Go to Tools, Validate Database. It will take awhile at 1st but then it will show no errors for whatever area the issue was for
    Thanks. When I try this I get the message "error: Id existed in filter but not proper container"

vCash
    Yeah, keep deleting and when done, do the rest that I posted

vCash
    Ok it works for the ones with low counts but if I try to delete any with count 100 it just stalls at the delete stage. I left it overnight but it was still deleting when I returned (and there are several of these)

vCash
    Go to Tools, Data Distribution Wizard, rename the file, upload to sendspace and I'll fix it for you

vCash
    Go to Tools, Data Distribution Wizard, rename the file, upload to sendspace and I'll fix it for you
    Thank you very much. I'll do that tonight.

vCash

vCash
    Sorry mate, have never fixed that issue on that scale. Normally its either first, second or common name not 10 or so of each (nearly 50 for Common Names). There's also something wrong with the staff configuration file too

Since it's just the ODB data, you can download it again from here - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...do=file&id=119

vCash
    Sorry mate, have never fixed that issue on that scale. Normally its either first, second or common name not 10 or so of each (nearly 50 for Common Names). There's also something wrong with the staff configuration file too

Since it's just the ODB data, you can download it again from here - http://www.champman0102.co.uk/downlo...do=file&id=119
    Thanks anyway. My plan was to edit the ODB so the players resemble how they actually turned out in real life with hindsight. Are there any in circulation like this?

vCash
    Well today I did a full reinstall. Loaded up the editor and it's the ODB but all the blanks are still there. I think I'll stick to a patch!

vCash

Index issues

Guys I have been editing the database recently and I have gotten two errors, its pissed me off as I have been making something that I have spent hours upon hours doing.

The following has occured

v3.9.68 ger_second..cpp 74

v3.9.68 ger_cup..cpp 77

Now I havent changed any teams around all I did was move players about.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

vCash
    I reckon you have overwritten 1.FC Koln by mistake, are they still in the DB? If they are not there is not much you can do. You'll know when you open the Editor, click Comp tab and see how many clubs are in 2nd division. I reckon it will say 17/17 instead of 18/18.

You can try add them back in but don't think it will work

vCash
    Yep spot on, bloody hell your right I did delete them, how on earth did I do that?

I tried to add them in, but it says club comp is full.

Ahh bollox lucky for me I did save it but most of the changed I did today are lost now, bollox.

I think I better upload what I have, you see I was making a 91-92 database - I have been working on it since the start of the World Cup, I have done shit loads of work.

I am currently on Germany, i have done Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Partially Brazil, England, France, Italy.

vCash
    You could using Tri-Wasano Editor to add them back in perhaps? It might work. Needs to be exact Long Name and Short Name

Yes there is a flaw with the filter in cm0102ed.exe, you need to reset the filter after you use one. The only guaranteed way to do this is press a different tab to the one you are using. So Club, press Pers. to reset, Nation press Club. (doesn't matter, just make sure it's a different tab)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 22