Thread: strikers not scoring (enough)

strikers not scoring (enough)

Hey,

I recently started playing the game again after a break.
    I'm playing the normal game, no patches or anything.

Have played a few seasons with a couple of English & Belgian clubs and the same problem keeps happening.
    Tactic: 3-1-4-2 (with a defensive midfielder and pushing left and right midfielders)

The problem i'm having is that my defensive midfielder and some of my midfielders score more than my strikers.
    Doesn't matter which strikers i buy. (the highest i've gotten is 9 goals in 17 league matches by Chris Sutton in my second season as West Ham)

I'm from Belgium so i enjoy playing Belgian teams.
    If i pick another team than Racing Genk, their strikers Dagano and Sonck score loads of goals, but if i play as Racing Genk with the above tactic, they rarely score more than 15 goals/season.

Does anyone know a solution?

Sometimes the game engine just does it to piss you off. Not much you can do but grin and bear it. It will soon resort to a flurry of red cards against you and superkeepers and injuries to key players. The more you win, the harder it tries to beat you.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

Psmith Unattached
    In tactics that deploy two strikers (side-by-side) the strikers tend to score less than lone-striker formations.

On the other hand, with lone-striker formations the team becomes somewhat dependent on the form of the main striker.

I like to use NWW 442 formations (even though the strikers will score less) because the goals will be more evenly spread across wingers, strikers, and box-to-box midfielders.

Just my two cents.

QUICK EDIT: just to say you should check the Leicester challenge for ideas on how to get the most out of the strikers in a two striker formation.

I do agree an alone striker is much more efficient.

My Leonchik is the most goal-scoring player I've ever managed.
    He is supposed to score more than a thousand goals for Polkowice.

Psmith Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by mazli88 View Post
    I do agree an alone striker is much more efficient.

My Leonchik is the most goal-scoring player I've ever managed.
    He is supposed to score more than a thousand goals for Polkowice.

2064?! What does the world of football look like in 2064?

Anyway, I'm not sure it's more efficient, lone-striker formations get the most out of the striker but I wonder if it gets the most out of the whole team...

Having said that, that Leonchik fellow is definitely the 2064/65 Tsigalko

2064?! What does the world of football look like in 2064?
    Well, it isn't as challenging and competitive as first seasons on the original database.
    Firstly, I launched the game many ears ago. Thus, I can hardly recollect the beginning.
    Secondly, I used to have rather old hardware. I had to select only a few major leagues as the background.
    I admit that most of major clubs stopped managing wisely after 15 - 20 seasons.
    Now, their squads are based on youngsters and a few older players.
    The clubs are not active on the transfer market.
    However, until 2030 they had been able to purchase my players for a fortune. At least they had tried to get them.
    In fact, the abilities of available players round the world is apparently lower.
    It's possible to find a bunch of great talents, however the number of great players is limited.
    On the other hand, the decrease of abilities made the competition more cut-throat.
    I feel it especially during international games; Italy or Spain are not favorites against Belarus or Denmark.

Having said that, that Leonchik fellow is definitely the 2064/65 Tsigalko
    At the beginning I managed to buy Tsigalko. He played for Polkowice and scored less goals in comparison with Leonchik.
    However, Thsigalko used to play alongside the second striker.
    It's hard to compare them, but I do think Tsigalko alone would have scored a few more.

Anyway, I'm not sure it's more efficient, lone-striker formations get the most out of the striker but I wonder if it gets the most out of the whole team...
    I see what you mean. I have had lot of superior players assisting many times, but they have got outshone by Leonchik's goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Psmith View Post
    In tactics that deploy two strikers (side-by-side) the strikers tend to score less than lone-striker formations.

On the other hand, with lone-striker formations the team becomes somewhat dependent on the form of the main striker.

I like to use NWW 442 formations (even though the strikers will score less) because the goals will be more evenly spread across wingers, strikers, and box-to-box midfielders.

Just my two cents.

QUICK EDIT: just to say you should check the Leicester challenge for ideas on how to get the most out of the strikers in a two striker formation.
    in my 4231 formation, my lone striker and central midfielder score plenty of goals. gerard once scored 40+ goals in 40+ games as the central mid guy.

Which tactic(s)?

jbrv

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jobertil View Post
    Which tactic(s)?

jbrv
    mazli88, that is