Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

vCash
    Well done on the double mate, and also getting through the first group stage of the Champions League especially managing to beat Real Madrid! Hard luck on the 2nd Group stage though, hopefully that run has done wonders for your finances now though!

vCash
    Aye - 13m (aussie dollars) in the bank at start of next season

Still struggling to find cracking midfielders

GK, Defence and Strikers all sorted for rest of challenge though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Aye - 13m (aussie dollars) in the bank at start of next season

Still struggling to find cracking midfielders

GK, Defence and Strikers all sorted for rest of challenge though

Next to Aniefiok I've got a new midfielder for this season. I believe his name is Salem (didn't play for the whole weekend), will look it up tonight. But he's perfect for this challenge. My current season I'm still fighting for the championship and the cup. Again was unsuccesfull in reaching the knockout fase for the CL, and so pissed with that one that I couldn't play anymore Will give a bit more feedback tonight.

Well done Redknapp69 with the double. AMC massive performance, wow really impressive to win that cup!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vunky View Post
    Next to Aniefiok I've got a new midfielder for this season. I believe his name is Salem (didn't play for the whole weekend), will look it up tonight. But he's perfect for this challenge. My current season I'm still fighting for the championship and the cup. Again was unsuccesfull in reaching the knockout fase for the CL, and so pissed with that one that I couldn't play anymore Will give a bit more feedback tonight.

Well done Redknapp69 with the double. AMC massive performance, wow really impressive to win that cup!
    05-03-2019 - Champions League Phase 2 Group B

1. Chelsea 6 points (+2)
    2. Ajax 6 points (-2)
    3. Waasland Beveren 5 points (0)
    4. Napoli 5 points (0)

I had to play against Ajax (away). At home I've beat them, and I had a really good feeling about going to Amsterdam. My team was fit and ready to perform. But this kind of matches, it's why they calling them Lucky Ajax I believe.

The player with the red card, is my new signing, where I am (most of the time) absolutly thrilled about.

vCash
    very unlucky there mate - how bizarre - cannot find that guy - what ws his previous club?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    very unlucky there mate - how bizarre - cannot find that guy - what ws his previous club?

I believe it was Al Ahly, but he's not from the first year in the game. But I think he's a bit to old for a regen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vunky View Post
    I believe it was Al Ahly, but he's not from the first year in the game. But I think he's a bit to old for a regen?
    Ow now it makes me nervous, because when it's really Al Ahly, I didn't look good at which continent is was.
    But probably I made a mistake in the club, or CM does see al Ahly as a major Africa club?

vCash
    I don't know what you mean mate?

There's Al Ahly in Egypt and I think there maybe one in Saudi Arabia as well, just go on his previous club and club info and it'll tell you what continent the club is from.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I don't know what you mean mate?

There's Al Ahly in Egypt and I think there maybe one in Saudi Arabia as well, just go on his previous club and club info and it'll tell you what continent the club is from.

Well that could be the good news. I'm searching for my new players where I open all the clubs from the continent Africa (Major Clubs and Other clubs), also I look at the under 21 teams for the national teams.

I believe it was Al Ahly, and I know only Al Ahly in Saudi Arabia. Because Saudi isn't in Africa that would mean I have a squad that would not pass the terms of this challenge. Now that you say there is also an Al Ahly in Egypt, I think that would be the club where he's from. So I do have a squad that is OK for this challenge. Didn't know the existing of two Al Ahly's.

vCash
    To be fair I knew of the one in Egypt not Saudi

That's why I said early on the best way to make sure you don't sign anyone ineligible is to filter based by region and Africa.

vCash
    I've already started with season 2019/2020. Just this season and the next to reach the CL knock-out stage, after winning everything I want to win (and what realistic*), that's my goal to reach.

New season was a hard start, with a lot of injuries from my starting eleven I've lost two games in a row. The board update was already not happy with that losing streak. With some luck in the following matches and my best players available again, I haven't lost in the competition. Again I'm back in the position where my team belongs, top of the league. In the CL I had a poule with Atletico / Man. Utd / Basel and finished second. Now in a poule with Man City / Real Madrid / Wolfsburg. Again a hard poule, but still hoping to get the job done.

Cup in the sixth round an away game against Club Brugge. Couldn't get a worse draw and lost the match with a typical Championship Manager match. With a late equalizer I thought I get a replay, but already the text was just Club Brugge blue and they scored a 2-1 winner. Maybe the necessary rest for my team to get to bigger achievements later in the season???

Think I've to sell some unhappy players, some of the first team a complaining about the lack of harmony. Never had that, but didn't want to sell the unhappy. Because the Africa Cup is coming again and most of the players playing in Africa aren't better.

*AMC showed that winning the EL is possible and maybe it's better to go for that achievement because of the poins for that cup. But always want to win the highest price, I believe everybody does

vCash
    Doing well so far mate - Cup was a blow and looks like a real tough CL group

Sounds like League is going well though

Not sure about unhappy players though - that doesn't sound well

vCash
    I've 3 players the board want me to get rid of, one is out of contract now so he'll be going but the other two won't be going anywhere for now.

Hopefully this year I manage to get to the 2nd Group Stage, but from a points perspective the Europa League is probably a better bet as I can't see us making the semis of the CL.

vCash
    OK finally finished my second season. Whats the best way to take and upload screen shots?

vCash
    postimage.org

I use "hotlinks for forums" (see my pics above)

vCash
    To take a screenshot just press alt & print screen then copy the image into paint and save it, then like Red says upload it to an image site, tiny pic, photobucket, postimage etc and then copy across the link.

vCash
    Ok cool will hopefully get an update up tonight!

vCash
    after finishing my first season second in the league i got rid of the remaining player (losing lots of cash by releasing them on a free...) and signed a bunch of african players (until now 31 at the end of season 3). I play my usual 3-1-4-1-1 formation

starting the second season with playing the

Super Cup

Disappointing penalty performance...

League

a tight race until the end but we managed to win the league with a 4 point margin

Champions League

after qualifiying for the group stage Madrid and Arsenal turned out to be too good to overcome although we won our home game against arsenal. but they showed us that we still have a lot to learn at their grounds.

i think this is the most humiliating loss i ever experienced since i play CM LOL

UEFA Cup

fourth round exit

Cup

tight cup games 0-0 and a late 0-1 loss in the replay game

Score

31 players signed -155
    SuperCup Runner Up 20
    League Winner 200
    Cup Runner Up 50

Score 115

vCash
    Season 3

Super Cup

told my coaches to train penalties...

League

dominated the league this season. just one loss 89 points.

Cup

won the double! easy cup win against Gent

Champions League

managed to win the group in stage one on goal difference. all teams with 9 points

finished second in stage two

and lost to Real in the quarter finals

i seriously doubt that i can ever win the CL with my team.

Score

League 200
    SuperCup Runner Up 20
    Cup 50

Last season 115

Score 385

vCash
    10-0 Loss is epic

vCash
    10-0 with four red cards, unbelievable. Save that screenshot

Well done with your league performance, really high scoring in your third season. Also the first (I believe) manager who manage to reach to the quarter finals in CL. I also doubt if its possible to win the CL with this challenge, because I think it's already a big achievement to reach this stage of that competition. Good luck in the next seasons.

vCash
    Did I already mention that I really hate that *(&*( Africa Cup. Again 11 players gone for that championship, my total defence gone for important competition and CL matches.
    Don't know if it was the main reason, but knocked out of the CL and in the league anything is possible again, because the lead of several points (8) is back to a one point lead. Terrible, in the end I'm glad this was my last year with an African Cup in it. A little bit Africa 'tired', if you want to win the CL but can't find the eleven players to really compete, argh frustrating.

vCash
    Ok so first season finished second in the league and signed 18 players, left myself with a heafty 7 million budget for transfers going into the second season. Far too much really I think the most I have spent on a player so far is around 200k

Second Season

Signed a further 10 players to take the total number of players in to 28

Super Cup

Dont know what you have to do to qualify but I seemingly didnt so no points in the second season for that.

League

Pretty much walked it, no real challenges, won by 20 points

screen shot
    uploading pictures

Belgium Cup

Won that

photo hosting

Champions League

Had a bit of a nightmare, includingn a 5-1 hammering at home to Juve, thought id scrape 3rd but Sporting scraped a draw against Arsenal so I finished bottom.

image upload no size limit

Read a lot in this thread and signed a load of players that people recommended. Have a squad of 28 players with 1 more coming in next season. I guess I need a top top keeper but thats about it. Cant see me ever winning the Champions League.

Couple of my stars

screen capture

photo uploading

Daka was signed for 20k and hes banged them in. Worth nearly 2 million now.

League Win - 200
    Belgium Cup Win - 100

Players signed - 28 (-140)

TOTAL POINTS - 160

vCash
    Good work guys - nice write ups

I'll be back on this at the weekend!

vCash
    Season 4

brought in 4 new players. sold my DM because he wanted to move on... could have been a club hero but he went for the money.

Super Cup

and again - we seriously need to train penalties!!! 3 Super Cup penalty losses in a row!

League

new goal record ,easy win

Cup

i don't want to talk about it.

Champions League

tough group, managed to leave Atletico behind us

somehow we won the group in stage two. seems like the guys adapt to playing european games!

quarter final draw Real Madrid - just like last season. started the series with a 1-4 upset victory at Bernabeu

semi final draw Barcelona - lost at Camp Nou won at home...

Score

signed 4 players -20
    League winner 200
    SuperCup runner up 20
    ChampionsLeague semi 200

last 2 seasons 385

Score 785

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast