Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Challenge 35 - Out of Africa

vCash
    I was eyeing this up for a future attempt. Looking at the Original Post, is there a reason why Uganda is the only country not named on the map ? (the purple bit between DR Congo and Kenya) or am I just a pedantic bugger ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash

Couldn't tell you mate, think I just googled Africa and picked one of the pics under images.

vCash
    Guinea Bissau as well (although that is so small nobody would notice)
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Season1

Spoiler!

Season2

Spoiler!

vCash
    Season 3

Spoiler!

Season 4

Spoiler!

vCash
    Season 5

Spoiler!

Season 6

Spoiler!

Summary

vCash
    World Cup

Spoiler!

World Cup: 200 points
    Club: 2,955 points

Total: 3,195 points

Thank you official challenge team for such a fun challenge

vCash
    Back on this after nearly a year

7 signings made during the season, 5 in pre season with another two made during the season, the biggest signing that of Ivorian centre midfielder Cheick Kouassi for 500k from Africa Sports, while a name you may be familiar with was that of Sammy Ameobi joining from Lobi Stars for 300k in November.

League - Winners!

A lot easier this time, finishing 20 points ahead of Genk, and it in fact took till game week 29 till we lost, as Anderlecht beat us 1-0 at home. We soon bounced back though as a 6-0 away win the following week at bottom side Eupen saw us defend our title, with our 87 goals a new league record (breaking our own 86 goals from the 2004/5 season).

Cup - Winners!

Lierse (3-0), Genk (2-0) and Dender (3-0) were all swept aside to set up a semi final against Standard Liege and we demolished them 6-1 in the first leg away, which allowed me to field a second string side for the 2nd leg, and they didn't let me down winning 2-1. Anderlecht awaited us in the final, the only side to defeat us domestically this season, and revenge was on our minds, and that's what we got with a resounding 3-0 win, even sweeter with the final being in their stadium.

Belgian Super Cup - Runners Up

Once again it would be Club Brugge we played, but unfortunately this time we could not lift the trophy losing on penalties despite us going 2-0 up, as we drew 2-2 in the 90 mins, and with no extra time it was straight to the lottery of penalties.

Champions League - 2nd Group Stage 3rd Place.

After finishing 2nd in our 1st Group stage with 8 points (5 behind 1st placed Juventus, one ahead of PSV and two ahead of Leverkusen) we were drawn in another tough group against Barcelona, Man Utd and Porto. We never really got going in the group taking till the fourth game to record our first win (although we lost the first game 4-3 at home to Barcelona) and despite beating Man Utd at home in the last game with a second string, we were already out by then when we lost 4-1 at the Nou Camp in game 5, a game we were actually 1-0 up at half time in. Once again we're the team with no name

European Super Cup - Runners Up

Just like the Belgian Super Cup, penalties were our undoing against Champions League holders Manchester United. Over the 120 mins we were marginally the better side (more shots and more on target) but at the end of normal time and extra time we couldn't be seperated at 1-1, and despite Utd missing their first two spot kicks we still managed to lose

Apart from a new Goalkeeper (got my eye on one but he's not interested) I won't be making any more signings for the club I don't think unless I have to replace some players that may retire, but we shall see, who knows if another Drogba or Eto'o may appear plying his trade in Africa. I may also aim for the Europa league instead of the Champions League later rounds, reaching the semi finals seems a big ask when competing with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and the likes.

We've also got the FIFA World Club Championship starting in July, with our group containing Guangzhou Evergrande (who have Malcolm), River Plate and JS Kabylie of Algeria, were at least the semis have to be the aim.

Points this season

Belgian Pro League - 200 pts
    Belgian Cup - 100 pts
    Belgian Super Cup - 20 pts
    European Super Cup - 200 pts
    7 signings made - (-)35 pts

Total for season = 200 + 100 + 20 + 200 - 35 = 485 pts.

Total points on challenge so far =
    485 pts + 1,135 pts = 1,620 pts.
    Last edited by AMC; 21-01-18 at 08:50 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789