Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AI Tactics (How to Convert)

vCash
    Here is a link to download a zip file with both tactics that I converted already (451 Norwat and 451 Defensive)
    https://ufile.io/sljxs (link valid for 30 days hosted on Uploadfiles.io).

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Okay, that version all up and running - which do I change now, as the reverse numbers are not there
    The procedure is in the thread I linked. It's literally the reverse of what @giopos wrote several replies earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by KL1; 20-05-17 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Adding reference / spelling

vCash
    You bloody gem - it worked, and turned out to be real simple in the end. Many thanks to you and others for the help and support

vCash

AI changing to WibWob mid-game

Weren't 100% sure where to post this

Okay, something that's come up before, and can't for the life of me understand why or how to sort this

I've recently completely uninstalled the game, (start a fresh) even deleated the CM folder after uninstall to ensure its all gone totally, Ive then installed the game, 3.9.68 update then the April 2017 update and have applied the 2.21 Patch.

All ok so far, however,

having started a new game, my first game, i check my opponents mid game, and all 100 players are moved to wibwob, which I just cant work out. I understand Keeper being wibwobbed as its part of default tactics, but after a fresh install, so no AI Harder Tactics anywhere, the AI Teams still move to wibwobbed during a match, pretty much from kick off, and of course at the end of the game, when you re visit the game stats, the tactics doesnt show this, only when playing the game

I did have the AI harder tactics installed ages back, but have got rid of them, and hence making a fresh reinstall to ensure this issue doesn't happen, but it still persists

Could it be I've the AI Tactics somewhere else on the computer and whilst they are there, they have an effect on the game, even though they're not in the CM directory?

Could I have a dodgy copy of CM that when Installing the game, its pre-set in there? hence always having the issue

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    I've noticed this some time ago even before I ever knew of the existence of the harder AI pack. Sometimes all the players change in WW during the game and sometimes only a few like midfield and attack, but not the defence.

I think this is a feature of the game. I doubt the AI wibwobs his tactic in a good manner (if it would wibwob to lets say Iodine, you would be fucked) so it won't make the game that much harder. You still destroy the AI without the harder AI pack if you use a wibwob tactic, so I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you.

vCash
    Its just a bugbare of mine

Yeah, sometimes, they switch just selected players to WW, I've seen that too, but am pretty sure this never used to happen

vCash
    Go to Data folder and you can see pct files there. Those are the tactics AI uses.

Yes, they are wib/wob by Sports Interactive.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3bcwd...ultTactics.rar

And it's legit feature of a game. AI DOES not however, wib/wob on their own. The AI can however, add arrows to wib/wob formations, but negating the original wib/wob of the formation.

Hope this helps.

vCash
    I tried everything, even just uninstalled, reinstalled etc... used default PFT tactics, played as Arsenal, 1st game against Man Utd, 2 players RW and ST start wibwobbed, then by 45min, all 10 outfield players are wibbed and they're using the 451_Norway formation

Cant get my head around it

vCash
    I tried everything, even just uninstalled, reinstalled etc... used default PFT tactics, played as Arsenal, 1st game against Man Utd, 2 players RW and ST start wibwobbed, then by 45min, all 10 outfield players are wibbed and they're using the 451_Norway formation

Cant get my head around it
    Possibly because you did not delete everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Possibly because you did not delete everything.
    Defiantly got rid of EVERYTHING after uninstall, even did a file check on the PC to ensure there was nothing CM related on it

vCash
    451_Norway is one of CM0102 original AI tactics. You don;t need to get rid of it, it's part of the game and part of AI tactics. I don't see your problem at all mate... -.-

You're just facing default AI tactics SI put in. Most of ATL, OTL tactics beat them easily as fook ;].

vCash
    I have done a lot of testing lately and discovered that if you install a strong tactic pack for the computer to use (for instance my pack in the download section: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=221) then you can only be successful if you have quality players.

What I mean to say is, you do need a good tactic, but more importantly you need quality players. In my current Rovers story I am finally successful with a fairly good 4-2-2-1-1 tactic, and not because the tactic is so fantastic but because I have such good players for that specific tactic.

If you have time, start reading my story here (on page 81) and read a few pages and see what happens:

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...t=9072&page=81
    Last edited by samsami; 27-12-17 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Download the file the link, extract it and add it to your Editor folder

https://www.sendspace.com/file/y8te6c

Since it works with CM0001 it should be fine on CM0102 .60
    Can you please reupload the files? I want to try the 3.9.60 AI tactics.

nvm. I have found a 3.9.68 instalation on my laptop.
    Last edited by Dermotron; 13-01-19 at 09:30 AM.

vCash

AI PCT tactics

If I was to create all my current tactics to PCT format, and place them in my Data folder, (getting rid of all existing PCT files) would it work? more the question - would AI then be only able to choose from those PCT tactics, being the same ones I'm using? if that makes sense

vCash
    If I was to create all my current tactics to PCT format, and place them in my Data folder, (getting rid of all existing PCT files) would it work? more the question - would AI then be only able to choose from those PCT tactics, being the same ones I'm using? if that makes sense
    If you convert your tactics to pct format (not just rename them) and then give them the exact names as the existing PCT files so that they overwrite the existing ones, then yes.

That's just what the AI packs do, like mine

But it only works for new games, not for existing save files. These have the tactics embedded in them.

vCash
    Is yours the hardest AI pack samsami?

vCash
    Yes, but I created a new tactic pack (6th April 2018) which has a greater variety of tactics and is equally strong:

Note: Once you have copied the files to your data folder the computer will use this pack but only for new games. So not for existing save games.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

ViK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    If you convert your tactics to pct format (not just rename them) and then give them the exact names as the existing PCT files so that they overwrite the existing ones, then yes.

That's just what the AI packs do, like mine

But it only works for new games, not for existing save files. These have the tactics embedded in them.
    I've got your pack mate, its great. How many default tactics are imbedded? so I'd need to rename them all to them, that sounds.. I think, quite straight forward

vCash
    I've got your pack mate, its great. How many default tactics are imbedded? so I'd need to rename them all to them, that sounds.. I think, quite straight forward
    Well, you can use my pack to start with and then replace any number of them with any of yours.
    My pack replaces all 40 default computer tactics by 40 strong AI tactics for the computer to use, but some are the same as the text file shows.

vCash
    On your new pack Sami - how come player specifics, its every other player i can change and not every player, like pressing, marking etc...

vCash
    Got it up and going and will have a play with that later on, cheers - and you recently made this again a few days back?

Also, specific player instructions - should it be every other player? as oppose to every player?

vCash
    Scrap that mate, as think it was only on default tactics that its every other player, on loaded ones, its every player

vCash
    Scrap that mate, as think it was only on default tactics that its every other player, on loaded ones, its every player
    Yeah, it's a bit odd. When you convert a tactic (TCT) to a computer tactic (PCT) and you then load that "default" computer tactic for your own team you see only every other player's playing instructions. Not sure why that is.

vCash
    Got it up and going and will have a play with that later on, cheers - and you recently made this again a few days back?
    The initial pack dates from 2015 and can be found under Downloads - Tactics - Tactic Packs.
    I have used that for all of my stories and it's a struggle to win the title.

The updated version is what I gave you, from last week, but it has not been added to downloads yet. It has a greater variety of tactics, but isn't necessarily harder/stronger than the 2015 pack. Still, more variety is more fun.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The updated 2018 version is now also available under Downloads - Tactics - Tactic Packs.

I hope there's no bug in it. If there is, and you get an error message, let me know by PM and I will correct it.

The main reason for the new pack is that the 2015 version resulted in the computer operated teams overusing one or two tactics. So there's more variety now.

vCash
    Hi mates, here are my suggestions for preset AI tactics.
    I will be happy if all mates write here your all suggestions.

442_default = 442tapani_6e (legend)
    442_defensive_default = 4411_ailton vik mode (one of cult)
    442_attacking_default = i need passing (legend)
    442_diamond_default = Lobanovsky_v4 (worth to put)
    442_push = 442CJF (one of cult)
    442_v1 = 442 MHZ2 - superstranger (this tactic is great, symmetric, worth to put here)
    442_v4 = DestroyAll_v1.1 (solid tactic by info0)
    442_v8 = TU-160M2 zionmaster (one of best)
    442_v10 = 442_DG Dilson8 (one of best in 442) or 4-2-3-1 mod which 442 with #10 AMC
    442_wide = 4-4-2 tot. (trixie based which is really wide)
    343_default = 3-4-3 att (based on nagoya grampus, monster in full play by attemps)
    343_defensive = Pipedown27 3-2-4-1 (one of the most solid)
    352_default = 3-5-2 con
    352_defensive_default = 3-5-1-1 dna (best defense)
    352_attacking_default = looper352 (long time leader)
    352_v1 = 3-5-2 cla (very wide and classic)
    352_v2 = 352conWC
    41212_default = 4-1-2-1-2 ^jack^ (best records all over ever)
    424_default = 442_att ^jack^ (best in this shape)
    424_v1 = 4-2-4 frw
    433_default = 4-3-3 era (the latest,the modern, and the most realistic one)
    451_default = 4-1-4-1 tapani_iodine (legend)
    451_defensive = 4-1-4-1 dna
    451_norway = Norgebus (atomicant)

Here are so much reduntant 5-3-2 versions,so i suggest renovations, lets use different shapes!

532_default = 3-5-2 passage-KTM (solid version by desp).
    532_defensive_default = Ultimate iodine (monster from nurishi)
    532_attacking_default = MM or testiranje (one of most scoring)
    532_v1 = 3-6-1 antoka_bella (one of the best and unique by atomicAnt)
    532_v2 = WM -symmetrized iodine version
    532_v3 = 5Front (a version of great xaxa tactic by minusmf)
    532_v4 = MW - symetized iodine version.
    532_v5 = 3-4-1-2 ^jack^ (monster scoring tactic)
    532_v6 = DWSv2 or another DWS versions... (legend, nothing to say)
    532_v7 = Latin_iodine
    532_v9 = IodineCF (another legend) or Mushroom
    sweeper_default = 3-3-3-1 gua (without 3-3-3-1 iodine - no worth to play this game i think.... )
    sweeper_v1 = 1-8-1 nurio or rhombus.
    4132 = 4132CF or #1 4132 from the 4132 tactic contest.
    4312_v1 = 4-3-1-2 car (i hold life full-play record based on nagoya grampus)
    defensive_counter = christmas tree,nagoya grampus (this is my love, i can't imagine this game without him)
    Last edited by scemoka; 17-11-18 at 11:03 PM.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scemoka For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast