Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Until 2050

Montgomery will soon be unhappy there and in League 1 his value won't be that much for you to try and sign him again.

Just read the season right up, promotion to the big time secured with that Liga 2 win, and a great run in the Cup too, shame about that Semi Final.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Montgomery will soon be unhappy there and in League 1 his value won't be that much for you to try and sign him again.

Just read the season right up, promotion to the big time secured with that Liga 2 win, and a great run in the Cup too, shame about that Semi Final.
    Maybe he's unhappy, yes, but I do not think I'll hire him for Real Madrid. Simply because I do not need him. Shame about that final (I believe is what you mean) I hate to reach the final and lose, but I have to recognize that Deportivo's victory was fair.

Indeed I did mean the final!

Covered with honey

When I left Inter to join Real, I knew I would suffer a big tumble in the top world manager ranking. I was just in 1st place with Inter ,but as soon as I finished the season already in Madrid (where I only played two games) I left the top 10. It's not something that worries me, because very honestly what really interests me is winning titles. Throughout the 2036/2037 season I received so many, but so many job offers from other clubs(Without ever having even applied for the job) that it is almost unbelievable. Just so you have a notion what Im talking about, I decided to split the proposals I had in 3 different categories:

Are you fuc**** kidding me?!- Valladolid, Real Sociedad and Almeria from La Liga2 ; Mirandés, Osasuna, Tenerife from La Liga; Sedan and US Créteil-Lusitanos from French Ligue 1 ; Palermo and Cesena from Italian Serie A; Southend Utd from Premier League

Maybe some other time- Sevilla from La Liga, Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke 04 from Bundesliga

Very, very tempting- PSG from French Ligue1 ; Bayern Munich from Bundesliga ; Tottenham and Manchester City from Premier League

But to all of them ... I said thank you but no. Even though I managed to reach the main goal of the season, I was determined to stay in Madrid and as such, it made no sense to embrace another project.I know that I've changed a lot of clubs throughout my career, but I felt good in Madrid, I was enthusiastic about the future and looking forward to finally playing in La Liga. I was honored to have received so many job offers, but my commitment to Real is 100%.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 25-09-17 at 03:19 PM.

Can't believe you didn't join Southend Utd

Can't believe you didn't join Southend Utd
    Eheheheheh
    Even being a modest team, Southend Utd deserves all my respect.

The unexpected achievement

Season 2037/2038

In more than 20 years of career, I would finally have the chance to play in the main league of Spain. In my debut year in La Liga I was expecting a very tough opponent (possibly the most dominant team in European football in the last two decades). From 2015/2016 to 2036/2037 Barcelona had won the title on 18 occasions! Real won 3 (the last in 2028/2029) and the outsider Celta de Vigo won the unexpected title in 2034/2035. I knew perfectly well that I had a difficult task ahead of me. However, I felt confident and what I wanted was mainly a good qualification that would allow us a place in European competitions (preferably in the Champions League) the following year. I was pleased with the squad at my disposal, but still, I tried to improve the team with some new players.
    Five new and promising players came in for free, Ander Fidalgo came for 1.5M from Cadiz (defensive midfielder) Kazimierowicz a 19 year old Polish midfielder and already with more than 10 appearances by the his national team came by almost 1M from Legia Warsaw and Gastón Villagra a 21-year-old Argentine playmaker came from Santamarina for about 230K. As for the exits, 11 players were either dispensed or sold. One player who was sold and I was very displeased, was Claudio Acosta who was transferred to Villarreal by 11.25M. He had been a key player for us the year before, but when he said he wanted to leave, I had no choice but to let him go. In the middle of the season, we also lost Battaglia, which despite playing less often was a very experienced and important element in the squad. He finished the career of player and was to assume the technical command of Carrarese of Italian Serie B. But let's see what happened this season

Pre-season- With the league only starting in the middle of September, once again I scheduled numerous friendly games /tests for my team. We spent a few days in the south of France, where we played Saint Etienne (0-0) and Lyon (1-2). After we went to the south of Italy to face my old team, Napoli (3-3). Back in Madrid, we played Di Stefano Cup in our own stadium with two bad results, 0-2 against Real Sociedad and 0-3 against Feyenoord. We went to make the presentation game to the supporters of the biggest club in the world Benfica 0-1 Real. We still had time to spend almost a week in China (competing and making money at the behest of the sponsors) playing with Tianjin Quanian (0-2) and Shanghai SIPG (2-1). A week before the opening game of the new season, we still played against another old team of mine at the Bernabeu. We beat B.Dortmund 4-1.

Copa del Rey- As a runner-up in the previous season, of course I wanted this year to do better. Unfortunately, in the first round and against an opponent of La Liga2 we were early kicked out of the competition. Real Sociedad 2-1 Real Madrid I will not make excuses to try to justify our elimination, even playing with less used players, we had an obligation to do much better. It was a competition that I really wanted to win again, but I would have to try again the following year. Osasuna took the trophy in the end.

La Liga- 1st- Real Madrid 38 games 26W 8D 4L 75GS-32GC and 86 points, 2nd- Barcelona 38g 22W 5D 11L 67GS-44GC and 71 points. Paradoxically, the early elimination in Copa del Rey and the absence in both UEFA competitions I believe that was even beneficial for us. In terms of team freshness and focus, playing only in the league turned out to be our only goal. I think we have taken advantage of that factor. In contrast Barcelona and being a much more experienced team than ours( but also more aged), ended up not being able to stay in all the fights that was involved, giving up unexpectedly(or maybe not) in this particular competition. To finish with 15 points more than Barcelona, ​​not even in my best dreams. But it happened and the entire " blanco" universe was delighted, with me obviously included. Perhaps fueled by the feeling of revolt after the painful defeat at San Sebastian (Real Sociedad) the truth is that the spectacular sequence of 11 victories in a row followed shortly after the fateful elimination in the cup was absolutely fundamental to our triumphant walk in La Liga. I leave here some of the most relevant results of this dream season: Bétis 0-2 Real(Falcón and Keith), Deportivo 0-1 Real ( Kazi), Real 3-1 Alavés( 2 from Keith, 1 from Falcón), Real 4-2 Barcelona ( 2 from J.A Diaz, 1from Keith and 1 from Kazi), Real 4-0 Tenerife ( 1 Falcón, 1 Villagra, 1 Keith), Villarreal 0-3 Real ( Falcón, Kazi and A.Fidalgo), Atlético 0-0 Real, Eibár 0-4 Real ( Falcón, Beltran, Keith and Fidalgo) Real 3-0 Nastic( Falcón, Villagra, Ruud Salden), Réus 2-5 Real ( 3 Falcón, Villagra and Ruud Salden), Barcelona 0-1 Real ( Falcón), Alavés 0-3 Real ( 2 Beltran, 1 J.A.Diaz), Real 3-0 Celta ( Beltran, Kazi and Villagra), Real 4-2 Villarreal( 2 Kazi, Falcón and Villagra), Real 1-1 Atlético ( Falcón) and with 5 games to the end, the game that crowned us new La Liga champions, Real 3-1 Oviedo( I.Ramirez, 2 from Falcón).

My players stats- Beltran 23(5) 7G 4A 3MoM and 7.25 rat.
    Kazimierowicz 25(7) 7G 6A 2MoM and 7.28 rat.
    Gastón Villagra 24(10) 12G 3A 4MoM and 7.50 rat.
    Ruud Salden 26(1) 2G and 7.11 rat.
    Adriano Leitão 9(6) 1G 1MoM and 6.87 rat. - Maybe I was not very fair to a player who had been so good the year before, but sometimes we have to take the options we think are best for the team.
    J.Weissenberger 21(8) 8A 1MoM and 7.24 rat. - Even without scoring any goal, he was an important player for the team.
    Keith McLaughlin 31(3) 8G 10A 6MoM and 7.44 rat. -Very good season season for this Scottish midfielder.
    António Rodrigues 22 5A and 7.36 rat.
    Ander Fidalgo 31(1) 4G 5A 3MoM and 7.31 rat.
    J.A.Diaz - 13(10) 7G 2A and 7.13 rat.
    Nuno Quintas - 10(3) 1A and 6.38 rat.
    Roberto Falcón - 27(3) 19G 1A 4MoM and 7.93 rat. - He was in my opinion the key player of the season. He was rightly considered the Spanish player of the year and of course the best player for our fans. Of course, among his own team-mates, there was no shortage of people who considered him the star of the team and some (especially the younger ones) who said it was an honor to play in the same club as him.

After 2 titles in 2 years with Real Madrid, the press began to speculate about my staying in Madrid. This year, I received only 3 job offers, Celta, Alavés and Nástic which I evidently refused. Of course if I wanted to, I could very well embrace a new project. I was happy, glad with my young team and above all I wanted to win more with Real. Contrary to the history of my own career, I decided to stay in Madrid. I was exactly where I wanted it and I desired new conquests with this team (which I think was built by me). The giant was now awake

Well done on the title mate, shame about the Cup but possibly a blessing in disguise really.

Bring on Europe now!

Back to National teams action

After the title conquered with my Real, I rested a little but I was following with much interest the World Cup that took place in England (I sent two scouts to this competition). The home team fell in the semi-finals, and without any surprise Germany won the World Cup by beating Brazil 2-1 in the final. It was already mid-July and with me committed to finalizing preparations for my club's pre-season when I received a contact from the Argentine Football Federation. Argentina had fallen to the feet of England in the WC quarter-finals and they decided to abdicate of their manager. They wanted me to take over the vacant post. I honestly did not feel like accepting the proposal, I already had a lot of work in my club and I did not want to divert my attention to another project. I was really inclined to refuse the good proposal I received, however a conversation I kept in my office in Madrid (at the Bernabéu) with the great Leo Messi ... made me change my mind. I did not really want to travel constantly between Madrid and Buenos Aires, but the fact that Argentina will organize the Copa America in 2039 and also the World Cup in 2042 (There were no qualifying matches for Argentina in both competitions so that was a good and ideal situation for me ) Of course Real was always aware of the conversations that I have been having with the Argentine Federation and perhaps for being delighted with the "rebirth" of Real Madrid, they did not put me any obstacle. As long as I kept focused on the work at the club, they did not care that I also took over the Argentinian national team.

On July 22, 2038, I was announced as the new headcoach of Argentina. Curiously, and already after I had committed (signed a contract) only one day later, on July 23 the Portuguese Football Federation appeared on the scene and offered me the opportunity of returning to a position that I knew well. Regrettably I had to refuse, if the proposal had come a few days earlier, I might have accepted it

You can manage Portugal again at the end of your career, hopefully when you're at Benfica as well.

Argentina is a great opportunity, some huge pressure with them hosting the Copa America and World Cup to win both, not sure Messi should be in the offices of the Bernabeu though!

You can manage Portugal again at the end of your career, hopefully when you're at Benfica as well.

Argentina is a great opportunity, some huge pressure with them hosting the Copa America and World Cup to win both, not sure Messi should be in the offices of the Bernabeu though!
    To finish my career leading Benfica and also the Portuguese national team is really an idea that fascinates me. It could happen, you never know.
    Logically the pressure is enormous, especially because I know well how demanding and fanatical Argentinian fans are. To play at home in these two competitions, of course the goal can only be to win. At least I'll try.
    Even Real Madrid fans (including those ultra defenders of CR7) recognize the greatness of Leo. In addition, as my guest of honor, I can assure you that he was very well received and treated

Goodbye to Madrid

Season 2038/2039

For the new season, I decided to invest a little more to further strengthen the team. There were only 4 new faces. Saulo a brazilian midfielder from Dunkerque by 2.4M, Manlio Stefani a defensive midfielder(with more than 50 presences in the Italian national team) from Internazional by 17M, Tomislav Brncic a 23years old central defender from Real Sociedad and Diego Gutierrez also from Real Sociedad. They both cost 16.25M each. I've been all the previous season trying to bring these two from the Basque club. The Croatian defender I knew would be a plus, but I had never worked with him. Gutierrez had been my player in Atlético and at age 25 he was in excellent shape. He had been enshrined in the previous season the best La Liga2 topgoalscorer with 28 goals (In 104 games for Real Sociedad had scored 57 goals). As for exits, 7 players left Real, being the most notorious case the one of Asier Béltran.He was 34 years old and even contradicting the direction of the board ... I chose to let him leave freely. After, for some months I was receiving information from some directors that Beltran would be an asset to the squad. Needless to say, I completely ignored the recommendation Let's see how my last season in Madrid went. During the year I was always focused and never thought about leaving, but I'll talk about it later.

Pre-season- In chronological order, here's what happened. Of course I have to mention that I adapted the preparation of the pre-season for the beginning of the league but above all in view of the 1st competition that we were going to play ... the Spanish SuperCup. We went to Portugal a few days, where we faced and beat Caldas (0-2) and Mafra (0-3). A trip to Amsterdam where we won Ajax for 1-3 before the traditional Di Stefano Cup which we won by beating Inter Milan 3-0 and River Plate 2-0. We traveled to Greece to play against Trikala (draw without goals) and we ended up receiving and winning Benfica 2-0 at Bérnabeu.

Spanish SuperCup- Personally I do not agree with a two legs games decision in this type of competition, but luckily in this particular case it turned out to be the best that could have happened to us. 1st leg - Osasuna 1-0 Real Madrid (well played and with opportunities from both sides, but unfortunately we lost)
    2nd leg - Real Madrid 4-1 Osasuna In min 15 already we were losing 0-1. With 34 minutes played Gutierrez made the 1-1 and 2 minutes from the end of the first half Falcón scored the 2-1 that was recorded at half-time. With a result that still did not interest us, I feared the worse when with just 17min played in the 2nd half, Ruud Salden was shown a red card. I did not give up trying to score more goals even though I had to adapt the team to the fact that we were playing with only 10 men. Fortunately in minute 74, a double punishment for the opponent helped us a lot. A penalty kick for us, and red card for Osasuna. Falcón did not shake and made the 3-1 that finally made us move to the front of the tie.Inigo Ramirez made it 4-1 before the game ended. We suffered, but at the end I sighed in relief that we had won the trophy.

Copa del Rey-1st round - Hercules 0-1 Real Madrid ( I.Ramirez 89min) ; 2nd round - Real Madrid 2-2(4-3 PEN)Sevilla, 3rd round, 1st leg- Real Madrid 2-1 Osasuna; 2nd leg- Osasuna 1-3 Real Madrid (3 from Gutierrez); Q-Final, 1st leg-Málaga 3-2 Real, 2nd leg- Real 4-0 Málaga(3 from I.Ramirez); Semi Final 1st leg - Real Madrid 2-1 Deportivo La Coruna, 2nd leg - Deportivo 1-0 Real Those kind of ties in which the result and mainly the incidences of the 1st game leave you with bad sensations. Gutierrez scored a goal in the Bernabeu, but we still had 15 shots on goal against only 3 of the opposing team. 2-1 was a meager result and would regrettably prove to be very bad for our pretensions. No use crying now, because football happened in the away game. They had 3 chances and they made a goal, we in 11 shots to the goal we could not make any, so we were out ( I will not even say who the man of the game was, you should guess). Deportivo eventually won the trophy, beating Barcelona in the penalty shoot-out.

Champions League- I confess I had high hopes for this competition. 1st phase Group G - Celtic 3-2 Real, Real 1-1 Genoa, Real 2-0 Liverpool ( Stefani and J.A.Diaz), Liverpool 0-1 Real (Falcón), Real 2-0 Celtic ( Villagra and A.Rodrigues) and Genoa 4-2 Real. 2nd phase Group B - Real 1-0 Everton ( J.Weissenberger), Hamburg 4-1 Real, Latina 0-1 Real( Falcón), Real 2-1 Latina, Everton 3-0 Real and Real 4-0 Hamburg (2 from Villagra, Kazi and I.Ramirez). Quarter-Final 1st leg- Real Madrid 4-0 Dunkerque (1 Kazi and 3 from Gutierrez), 2nd leg-Dunkerque 0-1 Real (A.Fidalgo). Semi-Final, 1st leg- Real Madrid 1-2 Chelsea (After only 3 minutes of play, Weissenberger put us ahead, unfortunately in 15 minutes, between 70min and 85 min the London club reversed the result) 2nd leg - Chelsea 2-1 Real( When Keith scored, we were already losing by 2).Contrary to what happened in the Copa del Rey, I have to recognize that Chelsea were superior in the set of both games and therefore deserved to go to the final.I feel we had the team to win the title, but unfortunately we did not get it. In the final game, Chelsea won by a clear 3-0 against Stuttgart.

La Liga- We had an intense year and I believe we have shown a very high competitive spirit.I think that did not help us make so many games during the season.For example, Falcón was affected on more than one occasion by injuries, and just as happened with Villagra he had a serious injury that kept him off the pitch for more than a month and a half. Still, at the end of the competition ... we were the champions! But it was a very tough battle against Barcelona, ​​yes it was. Real Madrid 1st - 38g 25W 7D 6L 77GS-31GC and 82 points. Barcelona 2nd - 38g 24W 8D 6L 88GS-42GC and 80 points. Incredible as it may seem, on the last round we had several minutes without the title in our hands. In Balaidos against Celta, we drew 0-0 (In a game where because of a stupid sent off of Ruud Salden, we played more than 55 minutes in numerical inferiority)and we put our destiny in our Catalan opponent hands. Barcelona played at home against Osasuna and in the 85th minute was comfortably winning 3-1. I do not know what happened (maybe the Gods of CM) but in just 5 minutes Osasuna made 2 goals and despite the final effort of Barcelona the 3-3 score has not changed anymore. Disaster at Camp Nou and party announced to the sides of Madrid Some of our most relevant results, Tenerife 1-3 Real(2 from A.Leitão and 1 Gutierrez), Barcelona 1-2 Real ( Weissenberger and Gutierrez), Atlético 2-1 Real (Gutierrez), Real 5-1 Villarreal( 3 from Gutierrez and 2 from J.A.Diaz), Huesca 1-2 Real( 2 from A.Leitão), Sevilla 0-4 Real (1from Falcón and 1 from Brncic), Real 2-0 Espanyol( Falcón and Gutierrez), Real 4-1 Tenerife( Villagra 2, Gutierrez and A.Leitão), Real 1-1 Atlético ( Gutierrez), Betis 1-2 Real( 2 from Falcón), Real 0-1 Barcelona, Villarreal 0-2 Real ( 2 from Villagra) and Real 4-0 Deportivo( A.Fidalgo, Kazi, Gutierrez and I.Ramirez).

My player stats- Manlio Stefani - 41(3) 2G 8A 5MoM and 7.55 rat. - He fulfilled what I expected and added quality to our midfield.
    Tomislav Brncic - 51 3G 2A and 7.08 rat. - Player of recognized quality, which in my opinion could have played better.
    J.Weissenberger - 29(10) 3G 5A 1MoM and 7.10 rat.
    Gastón Villagra - 29(3) 9G 7A 4MoM and 7.38 rat. - Massacred by a serious injury, he still helped us a lot.
    Adriano Leitão - 31(8) 7G 8A 3MoM and 7.26 rat. - Maybe I was unfair to him the previous season and I'm glad he made his point on the field.
    Kazimierowicz - 40(9) 6G 15A 1MoM and 7.16 rat. - Who has had interference in 21 goals, can only have had a very positive season.
    Ruud Salden - 37 1G 2A 1MoM and 7.03 rat. - the champion of indiscipline in my team, but still a man of my confidence.
    António Rodrigues- 45 1G 5A 2MoM and 7.22 rat.
    Keith McLaughlin - 40(7) 5G 4A 1MoM and 6.96 rat. - He's been worried about rumors about transfers all year round, and that has of course affected his game production
    Ander Fidalgo - 23(14) 3G 5A 2MoM and 7.24 rat. - Even losing the place in the team for Stefani, was extremely useful for us.
    Nuno Quintas - 12(3) and 6.47 rat. - It was I who hired him, but possibly if I stayed in Madrid his time at the club was counted.
    J.A.Diaz - 22(13) 9G 3A 3MoM and 7.34 rat.
    I.Ramirez - 24(19) 14G 2A 1MoM and 7.28 rat. - Hired to Sevilla by 4.1M when he was only 22 years old. He fulfilled his second season in the club very well. The previous season he had made about 20 games, scored 3 goals and had made 2 assists. By his own merit, was now the 3rd striker of the team (I only play with 2 in my tactic)
    Roberto Falcón -31(4) 13G 5A 4MoM and 7.91 rat. - He has never been 100% fit (a lot of injuries) and this has ultimately affected the performance of the team.
    Diego Gutierrez - 51(6) 37G 9A 11MoM and 7.98 rat. -Player of the year for our supporters (understandably) 3rd best player in La Liga and La Liga topgoalscorer ( La Liga stats, 34(2) 24G 7A 5MoM and 8.08 !! rat) I was amazed at the season he did with me at Atlético, but what he achieved this year at Real, was absolutely brilliant.

There was the strong possibility of continuing a fourth consecutive year ahead of the club. But (later I'll reveal the reasons) this would be my last year at Real Madrid. Now it was time to focus on the Copa America. Together with me, Falcon, Villagra and of course Diego Gutierrez, we flew to Buenos Aires.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 15-12-17 at 12:49 AM.

Copa America 2039

The last time Argentina had won this competition, it had already been in 2027. After that, both in 2031 and 2035, it was the great rival Brazil to keep the trophy. Playing before our own fans, the pressure was huge on our shoulders, but I was confident we could undoubtedly win the title. In addition to my 3 Real Madrid Argentinian players that I mentioned, the 23-player squad also had Hernán Blanco and Miguel Angel Carranza. We were all very optimistic and ready for the start of the competition.

1st game -Buenos Aires, La Bombonera (59 963) - Argentina 2-1 Colombia ( Falcón made it 1-0, Colombia equalized already in the 2nd half and in the last minute, a powerful header from Falcón almost " burned" the party in the stadium.)

2nd game - Avellaneda, El Cllindro (64 974) - Argentina 3-0 Paraguay ( 1 goal from Cocca and 2 more from Falcón)

3rd game - La Bombonera (59 987) - Argentina 3-0 Peru ( Menseguez, Gutierrez and H.Blanco were the scorers)

Quarter-Final - Buenos Aires, El Monumental (61 461) - Argentina 3-1 Paraguay ( Two goals from Cocca and another from Alba were enough to ensure the passage to the semi final)

Semi-Final - El Monumental (61 499) - Argentina 0-1 Brazil (A single goal in extra time has killed our chances of winning the trophy. I could apologize with the fatigue, with the enormous pressure, with the lack of luck ... but the truth is that during the 120 minutes, Brazil was always better than us. It was a hard blow, but they deserved it because they were stronger )

Last place on the podium game - La Bombonera (59 973) - Argentina 0-1 Colombia (In a strange game, with some substitutions caused by injuries for both sides, any of the teams could have won. Of course psychologically my team was not in the best conditions and probably this may explain this new defeat)

In the final of the competition at El Monumental, Brazil revalidated the title by beating Mexico 3-0 (2 goals from Márcio Lira. With 8 goals was the topgoalscorer of the competition and in my opinion, the most decisive as well). As for us, not only did we fail completely the great goal, but we had to see the greatest rival party in our own house.

No one was satisfied (far from it) but still the Argentine Federation gave me the vote of confidence to continue to lead the team. And I, annoyed by our performance, wanted very much to continue this work and try to improve our results already in the 2042 World Cup, also to be played in Argentina.

Forget about Luis Figo

The first contacts between me and Barcelona took place during the season. Again (well thought out) Lionel was the first to tell me about the possibility. He called meand encouraged me to leave Madrid for Barcelona at the end of the season. It was already public that Andrea Stramaccioni would retire and therefore there would be necessarily a need for the Catalan club to find a substitute. The rumors in the press were already impossible to stop, even when I guaranteed that I was 100% focused on my work with Real. I had a meeting with some directors of Barcelona (including Leo Messi) in a restaurant in Buenos Aires and I was very sincere with them. It would not be logical for me to even think about assuming the position of manager of Barcelona, ​​with the season running. In addition, Barcelona was our main opponent and I would do everything in my power to beat them. However, I pointed out that at the end of the season (at club level) we would speak better, leaving clearly the door open.

From the beginning of my managing career, I only met two men ahead of Barcelona, ​​Luis Enrique from 2015 to 2033 and the already mentioned Andrea Stramaccioni from 2033 to 2039. In 18 years, Luis Enrique filled the museum of the club with trophies after trophies. The Italian manager (in less years, it is true), won 3 La Ligas and 3 spanish supercups. Unfortunately in the last year of his career, not only did he lose the league against my team, but he still lost(on penalties) the Copa del Rey. I confess that I think he deserved better luck. But we all know how football can be cruel at times.
    As for my relationship with Barcelona, ​​not only had I won two La Ligas over Barcelona, but I had already beaten them in a Champions League final (2036) with Inter. Not forgetting of course my famous victory in the Copa del Rey final with Atletico at their expense. Maybe I was already in debt to this club

I had another year of contract with the Madrid club and for a long time I only thought of staying, but I confess that when I revalidated the title (with luck, it's true) the challenge of going to the historic Barcelona, ​​left me very enthusiastic and very willing. It was decided, Barcelona would be my next destination. Convincing Real Madrid`s chairman Rafael Camino to let me leave, would be very complicated. How do you accept an exceptional manager like me the 2038/39 Spanish Manager of the year to leave you for your biggest rival? It was a very hard conversation and it took hours, but with concessions from each other, we reached an agreement. Goodbye Madrid

On July 11, 2039, I was already the main man in Barcelona's football. The new manager.

Glad to read a story about a guy who has the guts to leave a club. I never really managed to do that as I fall in love with the club I train and the players I have (yes, it is hard for me to see my star decline to the point where I can't use them).

Yet I'm doing a game with Benfica (original database) and I already won everything that there is to win (to make history, I can only look for the penta or hexa or more champion's league... and I'm trying to have my B team reach the UEFA cup) am I'm thinking about leaving... when Ronaldinho retires ahaha... or should I go back to my Roma game and play in the post-Totti era? ahaha.

Still, great work with the story. Simple and yet entertainment!

(about Benfica in the second division... it has happened to me a game that I played with Barreirense for more than 50 years... It is also so sad... and the manager that got the team relegated was Rui Costa... oh well).

About your game: good luck with your new job at Barcelona! Just call Figo to know what it is like to be in that position.

One question: what patches are you using to have invitations to be the manager on another clubs? That sounds interesting
    Last edited by troza; 20-10-17 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    Glad to read a story about a guy who has the guts to leave a club. I never really managed to do that as I fall in love with the club I train and the players I have (yes, it is hard for me to see my star decline to the point where I can't use them).

Yet I'm doing a game with Benfica (original database) and I already won everything that there is to win (to make history, I can only look for the penta or hexa or more champion's league... and I'm trying to have my B team reach the UEFA cup) am I'm thinking about leaving... when Ronaldinho retires ahaha... or should I go back to my Roma game and play in the post-Totti era? ahaha.

Still, great work with the story. Simple and yet entertainment!

(about Benfica in the second division... it has happened to me a game that I played with Barreirense for more than 50 years... It is also so sad... and the manager that got the team relegated was Rui Costa... oh well).

About your game: good luck with your new job at Barcelona! Just call Figo to know what it is like to be in that position.

One question: what patches are you using to have invitations to be the manager on another clubs? That sounds interesting
    About your question, Im using the October 2016 Data updated and the Tapani 2.21.1 Patch.
    It's true that I like to jump from club to club, I can not deny it. I love the challenge of winning by different teams. I admire your ability to get motivated after so many years in the same club (50 years in Barreirense?!? WOW) Good luck in your save with Benfica (whether in real or virtual, Benfica is always to WIN)

Thanks my friend
    Cheers

Thanks for the answer... I still only get invitations when I apply for a job... ahaha

Just caught up, I hope you have good security guards after moving to Barcelona! Hard luck in the Copa America, must be some pressure on you going into the World Cup next year now after failing on home soil and your biggest rivals winning the competition.

Barcelona

The first steps

I managed to reverse in just two years the trend of Spanish football. It was up to me now, the responsibility to bring the domain back to Barcelona. Football is sometimes a little bit irrational, because as soon as I got to Barcelona (I was so hated in this city, just a few weeks before) I was acclaimed and I was seen as the right man for the club.On the other hand, I came to be seen as a persona non grata in Madrid. Me,who had given so much to the club and who, above all, had helped to raise it from the ashes, was now a hated man in Madrid My new club advised me and they even wanted to hire two security guards to accompany me everywhere, but I refused. After all ... I would live in Barcelona and as such I felt that there would be no reason to worry. What I wanted was to get down to business as soon as possible. I was committed to achieving success in Catalonia and I knew exactly the steps to take.
    I knew I needed to hire new players, but before that I was worried about revitalizing my technical staff. A new physio, two new scouts and three new coaches joined my coaching staff. Between the coaches I would like to mention Jose Antonio Reyes and especially Jose Padrón that from 2025 to 2039 had been one of the goalkeepers of the club. He retired from playing but I offered him a job where I felt he could be useful. In all the clubs that I worked I try to have people of the club next to me, and in Barcelona where the mystique and the values of the club are essential, nothing better than old or/and former players to transmit them to the young ones. As for the squad, my biggest concern was obviously to strengthen it as much as I could. As in Madrid, the club having a B team is always a source of players for the main squad. So I not only hired thinking in the short term as I even brought new players (very young players) thinking about the near future.Players who, in my opinion, could grow and develop in the club so that they can be useful later. 18 players left the club and 16 players joined Barcelona. I was able to bring some young promises (all for free). Ivan Monterde 23 years, midfielder from Inter; Cleiton 24 years, central back from São Paulo; Camillo Milan 20 years, defensive midfielder from Roma and Dalibor Cvetkovic 22 years, striker from Partizan among others. Just between us, in fact some of these players were already committed to me when I was still in Real. I secretly managed to persuade them to join me in Barcelona instead
    The club did not swim in cash, but financially it had the strength to invest in the needed players. That's exactly what I did...in only 3 players. The three of them, who had worked with me before.

Roberto Medina 25 years, central back from Chelsea by 39.5M plus variables. Product of Espanyol`s youth academy, appeared in 2030/2031 and until 2033/2034 did 142 games in the B team of our Catalan rival. Without a single game with the main team, I did not hesitate to take him to Chelsea in 2033/2034 for 3M. He was still very young, but I bet on him and in good time I did it. At Chelsea he grew a lot and was now an unquestionably very good player. He had more than 50 caps for his Spanish team (in 2036 he was European champion with his nation) and in Chelsea he won everything, including two champions in a row. Among the many individual titles that he had already achieved, the 2038/2039 ones stand out, Fifa World player of the year and European defender of the year.

Connor Woodhouse 27 years, goalkeeper from Arsenal by 19.5M. Once someone said that the attacks win games but the defenses win leagues(titles). It was not by chance that I spent a lot of money on a central back of enormous category(the best in my opinion) and also on this goalkeeper of indisputable value. Of course I knew the value of this player well (since my time at Arsenal) and I did not hesitate to bring him to my project. In addition to the individual prizes (once the 2nd best and before that the 3rd best goalkeeper in Europe) he won numerous titles at Arsenal (where he already had more than 500 games) and even had been in 2034 the goalkeeper of the English national team who became world champion.

Steve Montgomery 29 years from Bristol Rovers by 2.8M. Of course, since I left Italy, I have never lost sight of this player. I even had an agreement with him to come to Madrid, but as I explained earlier, I canceled the deal.During these 3 years I've been with Real, Steve's career suffered a huge setback. After a gap year at Inter (where he only played one or two games) he decided to return to his homeland after his contract with the Italian club ended. I remember talking on the phone with him and I was one of many who never understood his decision to join a secondary club. Going to play in the Championship would already be bad (in my opinion),a division below even less understandable was. Anyway, Steve will have had his reasons. In season one in Bristol, he made 47 games, 3 assists and scored only 16 goals.Perhaps reflecting some demotivation, those numbers were far from matching his real value as a player. In the following season with "the pirates" (Rovers nickname) the good old Steve appeared in fashion, contributing decisively to the rising of his team to the Championship. He made 55 games,11 assists and...35 goals! Now, this indeed was the real Montgomery. He was already with 29 years and when I spoke with my board to hire him, I found a lot of resistance to the idea, but fortunately and maybe because of my huge status (conquered over many years with a lot of work) I was able to bring my former player, my partner in so many battles (won by the way ) to Barcelona.

With all these new guys, coming for the staff and also for the squad I was prepared and looking forward to the start of the season.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 29-11-17 at 02:49 PM.

Great to see Montgomery back, hopefully he repays you in goals for the faith you've shown in him.

Barcelona

Season 2039/2040

Old habits die hard, and once more time in my long career I took my new team to Portugal in order to prepare the upcoming season. We beat Caldas (0-2) and Mafra (0-3) and drew with Vitória de Setúbal (1-1). We came home to play for Leo Messi Cup, beating Roma (2-1) and Bayern (2-0). We made a small jump to Lisbon where we won my Benfica with three unanswered goals and finally we finished the pre-season in Vallecas, Madrid with a 2-2 draw against Rayo Vallecano. I chose to stay in the Iberian peninsula precisely because, rather than traveling from one place to another, the purpose was to properly analyze the real value of the squad. I used a lot of players, tested a lot of possibilities and even many young players from my B team were seen and analyzed by me in these friendly games.I was very confident, because the potential of the team was immense and because I felt that my players were thirsty to conquer things...above all, many titles as possible.

Copa Del Rey- By irony of fate, the draw made our inaugural game in this competition again in Vallecas, facing a La Liga2 team, Rayo Vallecano. I confess that I did not despise our opponent at any time, but obviously I took advantage of playing against a La Liga2 team to carry out my traditional rotation of the squad. Unfortunately ... it turned out to be bad. 1st round - Rayo Vallecano 0-0(4-2 Pen.) Barcelona Big upset indeed. That kind of matches in which you could be 3 hours playing and simply the ball would not enter the opposing goal! Of course in these games, the opponents goalkeeper looks like he has iman and stops practically all the shots on goals. In this "chapter" of the game we made 23 attempts ... but an astounding display of the opposing guardian (rightly awarded with note 10) frustrated our intentions. Even in the penalty shootout, the man was super inspired. Incredibly ... and a bit of scandal, we were out of the competition. Playing in a lower division with Atletico, in the first attempt I won this trophy. Curiously, with two super teams like Real or Barcelona, ​​I just could not get back to succed in this competition. The curse of Real Madrid continued and in Bernabeu, Málaga won the title by 0-1.

Champions League-I was fully confident that in UEFA's most important club level event, my team could eventually be successful. Unfortunately that was not the case, but I still think we did a good walk in this competition. Group G - Sporting 1-1 Barcelona (Padovani), Barcelona 1-0 Ajax (Soñora), Hajduk Split 0-1 Barcelona(Soñora), Barcelona 4-0 Hadjuk Split (Montgomery scoring one of the goals), Barcelona 1-0 Sporting, Ajax 2-1 Barcelona; Group D - Latina 3-2 Barcelona ( Soñora and Montgomery), Barcelona 3-0 Adanaspor, Barcelona 3-0 Arsenal ( Soñora, Monterde and Steve scoring again against his former team), Arsenal 1-1 Barcelona, Barcelona 5-1 Latina( 2 from Soñora, Medina and Monterde), Adanaspor 0-0 Barcelona; Quarter finals - 1st leg PSV 1-0 Barcelona ( We were better in this game, but a late penalty made us lose), 2nd leg Barcelona 3-0 PSV (Cvetkovic and 2 from Padovani); Semi finals-1st leg Barcelona 1-1 Arsenal ( Very well disputed, we scored in the first half but in the second half they cancelled our advantage) 2nd leg Arsenal 1-1 (2-1 pen) Barcelona Once again a Montgomery`s goal put us ahead but deservedly they did the 1-1. They were more competent than us in the penalty shootout and so it was the English team who secured the ticket for the final (Wich they won 1-0 vs Chelsea). Poor Woodhouse who saw his old team winning such important throphy without him. It was also the bitter taste, if we know that the European champion did not beat us a single game and yet they were the ones who got the gold. Still, I was proud of my team.

La Liga- I can not be a hypocrite and say that I was surprised by our campaign. I knew that there were very good teams, but realistically, I always knew that Barcelona(especially with the adjustments I made) was stronger and had better conditions to win the league. In fact, the final numbers are the living proof of my initial belief. We had 21 points more than our most direct opponent!! 1st Barcelona 38G 28W 6D 3L 86GS-31GC and 93 points. 2nd Atlético Madrid 38G 22W 6D 10L 57GS-41GC and 72 points. I never thought that it would be the "rojiblancos" to fight with us (if I may say so) for the spanish main title. In fact I have to admit that I was disappointed that it was not the other Madrid team to take on the role of our greatest rival. Anyway, what really mattered was our performance.
    Here are some of the most relevant results we have done...Barcelona 4-0 Celta Vigo (2 from Montgomery), Osasuna 0-4 Barcelona ( 2 from Montgomery and 1 from Medina), Barcelona 5-1 Atlético Madrid ( 2 from Soñora), Sevilla 2-3 Barcelona( Montgomery jumped off the bench to make the winning goal), Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona (a late goal at 86th min saved us from losing), Barcelona 2-0 Real (Padovani scoring one), Oviedo 0-3 Barcelona( Soñora,Padovani and Monterde), Nastic 0-3 Barcelona(2 from Monterde and another from Soñora) Barcelona 3-2 Osasuna( Cvetkovic, Padovani and again jumping from the bench for the winning goal, Steve Montgomery), Deportivo 0-3 Barcelona, Barcelona 3-0 Espanyol( Soñora, Padovani and Medina), Atlético Madrid 3-2 Barcelona( Medina and Montgomery) and with 5 games to the end of La Liga, Barcelona 2-0 Sevilla (Montgomery scoring one)

My players - I earned the distinction of being considered once again, the manager of the year in Spain. None of this would be possible without the fundamental contribution of my players.
    Connor Woodhouse - 42Games 28GC and 7.29 rat.
    Roberto Medina - 41(1)Games 4G 2A and 7.17 rat. It was not bad, but I confess I expected better.
    Ivan Monterde - 28(10)Games 8G 6A 6MoM and 7.37 rat. Still very young, I took him to Inter from Atletico and I always believed in his potential. That's why I brought him to the Camp Nou
    Bryan Soñora - 35(5)Games 19G 10A 7MoM and 7.80 rat. Barcelona player of the year (justifiably). This North American midfielder, already had 33 years but a vast experience in European football, always in good teams. Best debut season in Barcelona would be impossible to ask (he was already hired before my arrival)
    Cvetkovic - 20(1)Games 7G 7A 1MoM and 7.57 rat. He started in Barça B, but he was still in time to be useful for the main team.
    Camillo Milan - 29(3)Games 2G 3A and 7.34 rat
    Cleiton - 22Games 1A and 6.59 rat! I know, it's awful. But by having great potential, he has escaped my list of expendable players
    Steve Montgomery - 29(12)Games 15G 3A 1MoM and 7.59 rat. He could have done more, but I still do not think he's had a bad season.
    Mickail Padovani - 33(5)Games 14G 7A 6MoM and 7.87 rat. Absolute star player of the French national team, he was in Barcelona from 2034/2035 where in 236 games he had 108 goals and 32 assists. He was at 25 years an excellent striker but I believed he could score more goals.

Taking the big stumble in the Copa Del Rey, the balance of my 1st year in Barcelona was clearly positive (in my opinion). But in a club of this size ... one title per season is clearly not enough. Luckily my ambition was the same as the club's, I wanted more. I would fight for that already in the following season
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 02-12-17 at 02:06 PM.

Barcelona

Season 2040/2041

As I did mention before the club wasn`t swimming in money(good finances but not as super as what I found in 2044/2045 as you will see later), still Barcelona breathed financial health and in few clubs I found such a stable situation. However, at no time did I think about selling the players I did not count below their real value. Okay, one or another exceptional case may have happened, but as a rule I do not like to ease when I'm negotiating. At this particular season, 16 players left the club. Some because the contract would expire and I opted to let them go and some were sold to other clubs. In all, Barcelona made 44.5M in sales. We had won the title the previous year with some ease, but still I knew I could further strengthen the squad. That's what I did and we were active in the market. 13 new players entered the club. 10 of them taking advantage of the fact that they have finished the contracts with their respective clubs. The most relevant and that I knew would be a plus for the main team, Bernard Saad 25 years old, defensive midfielder coming from Sedan who was already a regular in the French national team; Marcos Sanz 24 years old, spanish goalkeeper that came from Inter. In 2034/2035 it was I who took him to Italy, still very young. Lucarelli's substitute would not have an easy task in Barcelona, but I needed a good competitor for that particular position. Marat Miroshnnichenko, 33 years old, midfielder with more than 100 caps with Russia. After 7 seasons of great level in CSKA Moscow, it was followed by 8 seasons in Arsenal where he was without any doubt one of the main players. Asier Carrión, 32 years old attacking midfielder from Atlético Madrid. In 2032/2033 I hired him for Atlético Madrid for free from Fenerbahce. Unfortunately we weren`t in Madrid at the same time because I went to London.In 7 seasons at Atlético, he had 243 games, 49 goals and 49 assists. As for players who forced me to go to the club's coffers, Jean Phillipe Dufour, 27 years old who came from Dunkerque in exchange of 15.5M. Very good central back with more than 30 international games with France. From Feyernoord by only 6.25M came Filip Desmet. Belgian offensive midfielder aged 21, of immense potential that would give more creativity to our team. Finally, for just 2.5M, from Real Madrid we rescued Johannes Weissenberger, 24-year-old Austrian midfielder that I knew very well. He had 4 seasons in Madrid, unfortunately after my departure he had only participated in 20 games last season. I had other ideas and I knew he would be very helpful to us. But let's see how the season went...

Pre-Season-This time I decided that the team needed to leave Europe. We spent a few days in the United States where we played only two friendly games, Chicago Fire (0-2) and Columbus Crew (0-1). We went to Mexico to face Cruz Azul (1-2) and we returned to Catalonia for the traditional Leo Messi Cup where we played against Borussia Dortmund(2-0) and Internazionale(0-3). We did a training match against our B team(3-0) and we finished the pre-season against Ajax at Camp Nou (2-2). We lost the Messi Cup at home, but the essential was achieved. We had the team more than ready for the demanding season.

Spanish Super Cup-I knew we were widely favorites for this competition, but still nobody wins anything before playing. 1st Leg - Barcelona 2-0 Málaga ( One-way game that allowed us to built a score that gave us some comfort for the 2nd leg game. Rookie Desmet scored one of the goals of this match) 2nd Leg - Málaga 2-1 Barcelona( When Carrión opened the game marker, we knew we already had a hand and a half in the trophy.A good reaction in the last minutes of the Andalusian team fortunately did not jeopardize our final victory ) We were delighted with this achievement, but we still had a lot of work to do.

Copa del Rey-After a disastrous campaign last season, this year we would do everything to clear the bad image of the previous year. 1st Round - Barcelona 4-1 Valladolid ( 2 from Weissenberger, 1 from Padovani and 1 from Bermejo); 2nd Round- Barcelona 3-0 Espanyol(A local derby always appetizing. Good win with goals from Weissenberger, Monterde and Montgomery); 3rd Round 1st leg- Jaen 3-2 Barcelona( A team of lower divisions that struggled hard to make life difficult for us. When Carrión made the 1-2, I never thought we would lose this game.But I am the first to recognize when you see three players from your team being sent off, Bermejo 20th min, Cleiton 57th min and Gimenez 66th min ... there is no team that can resist this) 2nd leg- Barcelona 4-0 Jaen (Playing 11 vs 11 from the beginning to the end, anything but a quiet win at our stadium would be bad. 2 goals from Carrión, 1 from Marat and another from Padovani); Quarter-final, 1st leg - Barcelona 3-0 Mallorca ( 2 from Padovani and 1 from Cvetkovic), 2nd leg - Mallorca 2-1 Barcelona ( More complicated game that I expected, fortunately that Carrión coming from the bench gave us the goal of tranquility at the 89th minute); Semi-final, 1st leg - Cadiz 4-2 Barcelona( I saw our life to walking backwards in this game. Padovani had already scored a goal but incredibly 5 minutes from the end we were losing 4-1.A goal from Desmet in the 90th minute coming from the bench, gave us some breath and hope for the game of the second leg. 2nd leg- Barcelona 5-0 Cadiz (An extraordinary performance of Carrión that netted the first goal of the match right at the end of the 1st half. He also made the crucial assist to the 5th goal. Padovani and Monterde also wrote down their names in the list of scorers. FINAL Santiago Bernabeu, Nearly 96 000 people seating on the stands. Real Madrid 0-2 Barcelona In minute 24 my compatriot António Rodrigues received a direct red card for a professional foul, leaving his team with just 10 men. After half an hour Carrión opened the scoring. At minute 63 a double yellow to the same Carrión left us also with 10 players. Still, after only two minutes, Padovani made it 0-2 and set the final score. The Copa del Rey was coming to Barcelona. Carrión even with the mistake made (the red card) was without any doubt the man in the spotlight of this competition, 9(2) Games 7G 4A 2MoM and 7.82 rat.

Champions League- If last year we had a meritorious participation (we were only stopped in the semi-finals by the lottery of penalty kicks) this season I believe we were only making tourism through Europe. We fall out of the Champions on the second group stage of the competition, which for a club of our size is manifestly very poor. These were our results, Barcelona 3-0 Gent(Marat, Montgomery and Padovani), Roma 1-2 Barcelona(Dufour and Montgomery), Barcelona 0-0 Creteil, Creteil 1-2 Barcelona(Padovani and Cvetkovic), Gent 1-0 Barcelona, Barcelona 1-0 Roma(Monterde), Barcelona 3-1 Nice(2 from Montgomery, 1 from Soñora), Hajduk Split 3-1 Barcelona(Padovani), Chelsea 3-1 Barcelona(Carrión), Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea(Carrión and Padovani),Nice 3-2 Barcelona(Padovani and Weissenberger) and finally already just keeping schedule Barcelona 4-1 Hajduk Split( O.G, Montgomery, Cvetkovic and Weissenberger) In the final game of the Champions League, PSV beat Chelsea and lifted the trophy.

La Liga-This year we did not win as easily as the previous season. The truth is that we still have a solid and quiet campaign and we did not give any chance to our opponents. 1st Barcelona 38G 26W 10D 2L 81GS-27GC and 88 points, 2nd Atlético Madrid 38G 22W 8D 8L 64GS-41GC and 74 points. Yes, only 14 points of difference Some of the most important results...Real 0-0 Barcelona, Barcelona 5-1 Nastic (Monterde, Soñora,Marat and 2 from Cvetkovic), Celta 2-5 Barcelona( Saad, Cvetkovic and 3 from Montgomery), Barcelona 5-0 Alavés(Monterde,Marat,Cvetkovic,Montgomery and Padovani), Atlético Madrid 0-3 Barcelona(Carrión,Cvetkovic and Padovani), Deportivo 1-6 Barcelona( 2 from Montgomery, 2 from Marat, Soñora and Cvetkovic), Barcelona 2-0 Sevilla( 2 from Montgomery), Mallorca 0-2 Barcelona( again a double from Steve), Barcelona 2-0 Villarreal(Steve and Soñora),Barcelona 2-0 Real ( Padovani and...Steve), Barcelona 5-0 Tenerife(3 from Padovani, Saad and Desmet), Barcelona 3-0 Atlético Madrid( Marat, Padovani and Carrión)

My players-Needless to mention who was the manager of the year once again But again I can not fail to thank the important contribution of my players.
    Connor Woodhouse - 45Games 40GC and 7.31 rat.
    Marcos Sanz- 16Games 15GC and 6.94 rat. He played mainly in the Copa del Rey.
    Bernard Saad - 36(4)Games 3G 7A 4MoM and 7.75 rat. This very good defensive midfielder turned out to be a huge asset to our team.
    Asier Carrión - 37(15)Games 17G 9A 5MoM and 7.52 rat. Best season from him I could not expected. Fabulous indeed.
    Marat - 34(8)Games 10G 10A 2MoM and 7.45 rat. A lot of experience and reaching the two digits from both goals and assists proves that in good time I bet in this player.
    Filip Desmet - 23(15)Games 8G 3A 2MoM and 7.18 rat. For a young player it was not bad, but both I and him knew he would improve.
    Johannes Weissenberger- 36(10)Games 8G 3A 3MoM and 7.22 rat. He was no good for Real, but he was very useful to me.
    J.Dufour - 42(2) 1G 3A and 7.02 rat. Maybe his adaptation process was slower than I expected, but still I wasn`t unhappy with his game.
    Roberto Medina- 46Games 2G 1A 1MoM and 6.98 rat. He oscillated a lot between great games and others less achieved. Yet he was one of the indisputable ones in my starting eleven.
    Bryan Soñora- 28(14)Games 7G 6A 3MoM and 7.33 rat. He did not repeat the previous season, but I could not ask him that either.
    I.Monterde- 27(9)Games 5G 6A 1MoM and 7.19 rat. Like Desmet, I knew he was growing and would improve.
    Camillo Milan- 22(8)Games 8A and 7.30 rat. Saad was my 1st choice for that specific place, but I totally trusted this young Italian.
    Cvetkovic- 27(11)Games 11G 7A 2MoM and 7.34 rat. Good numbers from this Serbian striker.
    Cleiton- 24Games 6A and 7.04 rat. He was the third central back of the team and this season he already presented decent numbers.
    Padovani- 38(5)Games 22G 4A 6MoM and 7.88 rat. He was voted the player of the year for our fans. Maybe he deserved it even though I had not chosen it that way. But he was undoubtedly a charismatic, respected player and one of the favorites to our supporters.
    Steve Montgomery -36(7)Games 24G 4A 12MoM and 7.88 rat. Only La Liga stats, 26(2) 18G 3A 9MoM and 8.07 rat. Unfortunately he had a serious injury in April that prevented him from further improving his fantastic numbers and especially that prevented him from fighting for the title of La Liga top goalscorer. Of course none of this was news to me. He was already 30/31 years old but me above all knew his full quality. He was chosen spanish player of the year, ranked 3rd in La Liga Top goalscorer list, was voted 3rd best European striker of the year and also 3rd best European player of the year. Now the more skeptical finally realized why I insisted so much on bringing him to Barcelona.

So in my second season in Barcelona ... 3 titles won . For the satisfaction to be total ... lacked the European glory. That was what I was hoping for next season and I would do everything I could to get it.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 16-12-17 at 12:54 PM.

Barcelona

Season 2041/2042-Another perfect year

The desire to win the Champions League was present in everyone's mind, from the chairman to the players, and of course all my staff included as well. Speaking of my staff, for this new season I hired Damian Monzón to be my new assistant manager.He had very little experience on the job, but he built a beautiful career in European football (especially in Italy) and above all had an excellent relationship with me. He had been my player in Ajax and Napoles and I knew him very well. As such I had complete confidence on him and I knew he was going to be one more doing everything to help the group. The squad has also undergone some changes,10 players left, including Soñora (it was me who chose not to renegotiate a new contract, because of his age) and Villanueva who was one of our right-backs and who went to Chelsea in exchange for 24M. For a 30-year-old player ... this deal was too good to be turned down. In the opposite direction, 9 players entered the club, among them Edgar Veloso 29 years old, brazilian right back for free from Chapecoense; Dennis Intek 30 years old German international multiplayer (all functions in defense and midfield)also for free from Sevilla(after 6 seasons at good level) and two players who very excited our supporters when they were confirmed in our club. Mathias Fischer 25 years old midfielder(playmaker)- Owner of a left foot capable of doing much damage, was hired by 35.5M from Stuttgart. Since very young age playing in Spain, Nastic and later in Mallorca, I failed to hire him for free in the previous year because of the limit of players of the squad(my stupidity that cost a lot of money). He ended up going to Germany where he had a good season in Stuttgart. He was one of the 23 of Germany who were crowned World Cup champions in 2038. Goran Kolar 21 years old. Already one of the main references of Croatia, had been in 40/41 the top goalscorer of La Liga. Awesome and lethal striker who forced us to pay 35.5M to Mallorca. Lots of money spent on these two, but I knew they would pay me back in the field. The squad was really stronger and more capable, but with that came more responsibility and demand. Nothing that frightened us, because more than anyone, we knew our real value and we were eager to demonstrate that on the field.

Pre-Season-- In order to moralize and above all inspire the troops, there is nothing better than to take the squad to Greece.It is true that much of the fascination and admiration that people have when they think of Greece, is because of the rich history of the powerful and advanced civilizations of ancient Greece, that enormous desire they had to conquer. It was this same desire that I intended to instill (or increase) in my players. In about a week, we made two friendly games, Panionos (0-2) and Asteras Tripolis (0-2). From Greece we made a jump to Istanbul where we faced an old team of mine, Fenerbahce (1-1).Back at home in the annual Leo Messi Cup, we crushed Ajax (5-0) and repeating the defeat of the previous year, we were beaten by Inter (0-1). Despite the last bad result I felt we were ready for the beginning of the season.

Spanish Super Cup-1st leg- Barcelona 4-1 Real Madrid An excellent display of the whole team, crowned with goals from Monterde, Fischer and two from Kolar. 2nd leg- Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona .We could hardly lose this cup, especially because of our very good game and of the first leg. Still, when Camillo Milan received the red card at the 16th minute, I feared that our strategy might not work. However we were solid and only in the 34th minute we were not able to keep our goal inviolable. 1-0 to Real.We kept the cold blood and the needed calm (we knew that we had a good advantage) and even with a man less, we tried to play our game. Of course they pressed very early in the second half. But with time passing by and the 2-0 not happening, we were getting more and more calm and confident and they instead more desperate and playing more with the heart than with reason. When the 77th minute saw Padovani scored the equalizer, no one doubted that the 1st official trophy of the season, would come to Barcelona. We made the party, but it would be a long season and it was up to me to keep the team focused on the goals.

Copa del Rey-As the holders of this trophy, I have demanded to my team to be fully committed and focused on this competition. It is true that we won the cup the year before, but I have not forgotten that we lost 3 times. This season I wanted to improve that poor record, if possible maintain the invincibility in this competition. Even with the team rotations, our squad offered me full guarantees of success. 1st round- Sporting Gijon 0-2 Barcelona( Steve M scoring one); 2nd round- Linares 1-2 Barcelona (Marat and Bermejo);3rd round,1st leg - Barcelona 2-1 Mirandés( Desmet and Padovani), 2nd leg- Mirandés 2-2 Barcelona( At minute 48 we were losing by 2-0 and out of the competition. In the 49 minute Carrión scored a very important goal and in the minute 70, Steve made the final 2-2); Q-Final, 1st leg- Rayo Vallecano 1-2 Barcelona(Carrión and Desmet),2nd leg- Barcelona 3-0 Rayo(Carrión,E.Alvaréz,Cvetkovic); Semi-Final, 1st leg- Barcelona 2-1 Real Madrid Padovani and Kolar had given us a good advantage. I confess that the goal of Adriano Leitão 15 minutes from the end, made us tremble. Fortunately we managed to keep the advantage, even though it was short. 2nd leg- Real Madrid 0-0 Barcelona The short result of the first leg turned out to be enough after all. They pressed and tried in every way, but we were competent and we bravely resisted ; Final - Barcelona 2-1 Atlético Madrid Back to Santiago Bernabeu, this time against the other Madrid team, we once again managed to prevail and win the competition with a lot of effort and sweat. Dufour opened the score early in the second half, the "rojiblancos" equalized in minute 81. Already with the extra-time taking place, a spectacular individual move by Camillo Milan, which resulted in a sensational goal sentenced the game in our favor. A few years ago I had been on the other side of the barricade and I helped Atletico winning the trophy, now it was time to give to Barcelona what I had taken before.

La Liga-As current two-time champions, the obligation was on our side. In addition, our squad was substantially stronger and capable than any other in La Liga. We may have already won leagues with more brilliance, yet at any moment we feel our first place in danger. 1st Barcelona 38G 26W 9D 3L 78GS-23GC and 87 points. Villarreal, who did a great job by the way, finished 2nd with 12 points less than us. Something that frustrated me a bit, our 3 defeats happened already in the last five fixtures of la Liga. Of course being in action both in the Copa del Rey and in the Champions helps to explain this situation. Some of our most relevant games in this victorious campaign, Barcelona 3-0 Alavés( Intek, Monterde, Fischer), Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid(Padovani), Valencia 0-3 Barcelona(2 Padovani and Kolar), Barcelona 1-1 Atlético Madrid(Fischer), Barcelona 4-1 Mallorca(Kolar and 3 from Steve), Barcelona 1-0 Villarreal(Cvetkovic), Cadiz 1-3 Barcelona(3 from Kolar), Barcelona 1-0 Sevilla( Steve M), Real Madrid 0-4 Barcelona ( Milan, Fischer, Padovani and Kolar), Barcelona 5-0 Oviedo(2 Carrión, Steve, Kolar and Padovani), Valladolid 3-3 Barcelona( We were down by 3, Steve at min 71, Milan at min 87 and Kolar at 91th min), Atlético Madrid 0-1 Barcelona( Carrión against his old team missed a penalty but still he made the only goal of the match already in the 2nd half), Barcelona 3-0 Real Sociedad(Desmet, Montgomery and Cvetkovic).

Champions League-- I can not deny it, I bet hard and I really wanted to get back to winning this tough competition. In fact, both the club and I have been very committed to this common goal. Group H - Barcelona 3-1 Lokomotiv Moscow ( 2 Kolar, Padovani), Stoke 0-0 Barcelona, Barcelona 2-0 Oostende(Monterde and Cvetkovic), Oostende 0-2 Barcelona( 2 Padovani), Lokomotiv Moscow 0-0 Barcelona and Barcelona 6-0 Stoke( 2 from Steve, Bermejo, Marat, Desmet and Carrión). 2nd phase, Group A- PSV 2-2 Barcelona(Padovani and Weissenberger), Barcelona 2-2 Bayern Munich ( Kolar and Edgar Veloso) These two first games, a lot of frustration we felt, in both games we were winning by two goals and we were unable to win. Arsenal 1-0 Barcelona, Barcelona 2-0 Arsenal( Steve and Milan), Barcelona 2-1 PSV(losing until the final 20 minutes, Saad at 70th minute and Kolar already at the 85th minute), Bayern 1-1 Barcelona (In minute 5 they scored, in minute 6 we were reduced to 10 men and in min18 Padovani made the equalizer); Quarter-Final, 1st leg- Hamburg 0-0 Barcelona. Luckily for us, they did not translate their superiority and their dominance in the game into goals. 2nd leg- Barcelona 4-0 Hamburg. Three german goals (two from Fischer and one from Intek) and another goal from Monterde and we were in semi final. Semi-Final 1st leg - Barcelona 5-0 Stuttgart. Definitely the German clubs did not get along well with Barcelona in this Champions League. Two goals from Padovani, Saad, Montgomery and Cvetkovic gave expression to an extraordinary collective performance. 2nd leg - Stuttgart 2-0 Barcelona. We knew that reversing a 5-goal deficit would be almost impossible, yet we could not avoid the defeat in a very difficult field against a tough opponent.However the most important was achieved ... the much-desired final game.
    Final - Stade Roi Baudouin, Brussels, Barcelona 3-1 Villarreal Against a difficult and very well organized opponent, we knew we would have to play at a high level. Of course we knew our Spanish adversary very well, but the same thing applied to them, our team had no secrets for them. I sincerely believe that the final result does not reflect the very good game that has been verified during the 90 minutes. They played incredibly well and perhaps deserved to lose by only one goal difference. In this type of games, usually the individualities end up making all the difference and in this aspect we have the advantage. Desmet, Kolar and Fischer were the authors of our goals and Barcelona was the Champions League winner

My players-Hardly the distinction of best manager of the year would not be won by me(again). However, as I always like to mention, the real guilty of the collective success of the team are my players. It was a dream season and fortunately it went very well. But none of this would be possible without the effort and work of all.
    Connor Woodhouse- 38Games 24GC and 7.37 rat. He was also distinguished individually with 2nd place in the list of best European goalkeeper.
    Marcos Sanz- 27Games 16GC and 7.52 rat. In my opinion, the second best goalkeeper in Spain ... was him.
    Edgar Veloso-35Games 1G 7A 2MoM and 7.56 rat. For debut season in European football, I could not ask for better.
    Dennis Intek-40(5)Games 2G 7A 2MoM and 7.13 rat.
    Roberto Medina-46(1)Games 3A and 7.17 rat. He was considered the 3rd best defensive player of European football, but I still expected more from my captain.
    J.P.Dufour-35(1)Games 1G 3A 2MoM and 6.89 rat.
    Cleiton-26(2)Games 1G 1A and 6.75 rat.
    Camillo Milan-32(13)Games 6G 6A 3MoM and 7.27 rat. Even though he was not a regular starter of my team, he was already a regular presence in the Italian National team.
    Bernard Saad-34(4)Games 3G 1A 2MoM and 7.60 rat. A key player for the balance of our team.
    Ivan Monterde-44Games 7G 12A 3MoM and 7.52 rat. He grew so much that he was now one of the undisputed players of the Spanish National team.
    J.Weissenberger-36(10)Games 2G 7A and 7.15 rat.
    Marat- 24(9) 4G 4A 3MoM and 7.21 rat.
    A.Carrión-31(15) 14G 11A 3MoM and 7.33 rat. Incredibly the years did not seem to go through this player. A lot of experience and especially a lot of quality made this player very important in the squad.
    Pilip Desmet-22(18)Games 9G 6A 1MoM and 7.35 rat.
    Mathias Fischer-36(10)Games 13G 8A 5MoM and 7.59 rat. He proved on the pitch that I did very well in investing in his signing. Very good player indeed.
    Cvetkovic -21(9)Games 6G 4A 1MoM and 7.20 rat. Season not easy for him, being the 4th option for the striker position. He could have done better, but still I kept wanting him with us.
    Steve Montgomery-36(18)Games 18G 5A 5MoM and 7.41 rat. Age forgives no one, he didn`t made a season as good as the previous one, but he was still very useful to us.
    Goran Kolar - 34(11)Games 18G 9A 7MoM and 7.87 rat. Man of some decisive goals, in the season of debut in Catalonia was not bad. Although I think he could have done a little more. Still he was considered the 3rd best striker of European football.
    Mickail Padovani-40(9)Games 24G 6A 7MoM and 8.00 rat In my 3rd season at the club, finally appeared the best Padovani. He was absolutely crucial for our successful year. On an individual level he was simply devastating. French player of the year for the 7th !! consecutive year. Player of the year for our fans. 2nd place on Fifa World player of the year award. Spanish player of the year. European striker of the year and also European footballer of the year.

Winning everything there was to win, this would normally be my last season at the club. However, after some thought, I decided that I would make an unprecedented 4th season in the same club. Everyone was delighted with my work (from the supporters to the board) and I was happy in Barcelona.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 14-12-17 at 09:08 AM.

For the first time ever

Argentina 2042 World Cup

Speaking only at club level I had lived an absolutely memorable year. That feeling of being so satisfied that we seem to be walking in the clouds. We can almost talk that all that happened seem too good to be true. However, sometimes we are hit hard by reality and that is exactly what happened to me only weeks after the dream season in Barcelona. Without playing any official game since the fateful Copa America of 2039, in 3 years I tried to develop and build a more competent Argentina team and more prepared for the challenges. In the friendly games that we did, many were the players that were observed closely. I lost count to the players I tested in this period. The recruiting area of players not being perfect, it was still in my opinion quite satisfactory. I've been in football for many years and sometimes we have to make hard decisions. Choosing the 23 players for Argentina home World Cup was one of those decisions. Falcón already getting older and with less time of game in Real Madrid unfortunately was left out.My great friend Miguel Angel Carranza (playing in Palmeiras) even older than Falcon was not called either.I am very grateful for what he gave me (Ajax,Napoli and Inter) but I had to be fair to him and above all to the team. Of course he was annoyed at being left out, but he understood that football does not sympathize with any kind of charity. Claudio Acosta despite the senseless rumors of a small revenge of mine(that exit from Real to Villarreal a few years ago) was also out of the final squad. Gaston Villagra, Hernan Blanco, Diego Gutierrez were in the 23 as well as Esteban Alvaréz, Barcelona player. Not being a starter in his club(far from it) was at age 23 a player who by being able to play both the central defender and the defensive midfielder ended up securing a place in the team. I hired him on 41/42 for free from Ajax and if I did not mention him earlier it's because he was far from making an impact. Medina, Dufour and Cleiton made him the 4th choice for the central back position. Just as Saad and Milan were well ahead of him for a defensive midfielder place. Yet I counted on him for this new adventure with Argentina.

Group C with Scotland, Egypt and China (With all due respect, even if we were asked for we wouldn`t have had a more accessible group)
    Friday 13 June. El Cilindro de Avellaneda with 64 977 people in the stands- Argentina 3-4 Scotland We were winning 2-0, then 2-1 and still 3-1. Unbelievably we conceded 3 goals between the 77th and 88th minutes. I was really bored and very annoyed with my players. In the other group game, Egypt beat China 2-1

Six days later at the Monumental of Buenos Aires. With about 61 500 people watching- Argentina 5-0 China. Game easier than I expected.It was crucial to win in order to erase the bad image of our first game. Gutierrez scored the last goal of this match. In the other game of the group Scotland was surprisingly beaten by Egypt.They were winning by 2-0 (well done,to see if they like it too) but they ended up losing by 2-3.

June 25th at the Libertadores de America in Avellaneda. Close to 55,000 in the stands - Argentina 3-2 Egypt. Winning by 3 with 20 minutes from the end, the African team still scared us with 2 goals (minutes 74 and 81). Fortunately we managed to hold the advantage and simultaneously secure the 1st place in the group. In the other group game Scotland beat China 1-0.

Last 16, June 30th at Gigante de Arroyito, Rosario, With 49 954 people watching the game - Argentina 0-1 Switzerland In my last game ahead of the "albiceleste", a painful defeat ended our aspirations. It was a game without clear dominion of any of the teams but unfortunately they made a goal and we did not.A game with few chances of goal, their goalkeeper (man of the match) was well in the few times that he was called to action, but ours was also at a good level. We had a better team than our opponents and in my opinion we should have done a lot more. A few days later, in the final of Buenos Aires to further worsen the situation, Brazil won the World Cup by beating Belgium 1-0. As in the Copa America, not only did we have a poor performance, but we still saw the main and historic rival to have the party in our backyard.
    I honestly believe that our squad was better than the results we got, but what really matters is that there was no going back ... the failure in both competitions was notorious. On July 13 and for the 1st TIME EVER in my long career ... I was fired!! I must add that I quickly reached an agreement with the Argentine Federation, I myself recognized the failure and was ready to face the consequences. In fact, assuming the bad results and not achieving the objectives proposed, I had already thought of resignation. They anticipated the decision that I believe was the only one possible.

I just can`t say no

I'm old enough not to get into new adventures, it just seems like I never learn It cost me a lot (sentimentally speaking) to have refused once the invitation to take charge of my national team. Unfortunately the invitation came already after I had committed to Argentina and therefore I had no choice but to refuse. Nowadays Portugal had been eliminated in the group stage in the World Cup just weeks ago. I thought that my career at the national teams level was now permanently over. I did not expect at all the invitation I suddenly had in my hands. It was very hard for me to say 2x NO to my own country, so on July 22(only 9 days after being fired by Argentina) I took up the post of Portugal`s manager. A job I knew well from earlier times. I was back and was very motivated to try to achieve success with Portugal. The goal was to qualify Portugal for the Euro 2044 to be played in Denmark.
    Obviously I had the authorization of my club to accept this new job. Even recommended by many people in Barcelona so I do not get involved in this commitment, I decided to accept it.
    But now it was time to start thinking about the next season in Barcelona. It would be difficult to do better ... but I love challenges

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast