Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Until 2050

vCash
    Montgomery will soon be unhappy there and in League 1 his value won't be that much for you to try and sign him again.

Just read the season right up, promotion to the big time secured with that Liga 2 win, and a great run in the Cup too, shame about that Semi Final.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Montgomery will soon be unhappy there and in League 1 his value won't be that much for you to try and sign him again.

Just read the season right up, promotion to the big time secured with that Liga 2 win, and a great run in the Cup too, shame about that Semi Final.
    Maybe he's unhappy, yes, but I do not think I'll hire him for Real Madrid. Simply because I do not need him. Shame about that final (I believe is what you mean) I hate to reach the final and lose, but I have to recognize that Deportivo's victory was fair.

vCash
    Indeed I did mean the final!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Covered with honey

When I left Inter to join Real, I knew I would suffer a big tumble in the top world manager ranking. I was just in 1st place with Inter ,but as soon as I finished the season already in Madrid (where I only played two games) I left the top 10. It's not something that worries me, because very honestly what really interests me is winning titles. Throughout the 2036/2037 season I received so many, but so many job offers from other clubs(Without ever having even applied for the job) that it is almost unbelievable. Just so you have a notion what Im talking about, I decided to split the proposals I had in 3 different categories:

Are you fuc**** kidding me?!- Valladolid, Real Sociedad and Almeria from La Liga2 ; Mirandés, Osasuna, Tenerife from La Liga; Sedan and US Créteil-Lusitanos from French Ligue 1 ; Palermo and Cesena from Italian Serie A; Southend Utd from Premier League

Maybe some other time- Sevilla from La Liga, Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke 04 from Bundesliga

Very, very tempting- PSG from French Ligue1 ; Bayern Munich from Bundesliga ; Tottenham and Manchester City from Premier League

But to all of them ... I said thank you but no. Even though I managed to reach the main goal of the season, I was determined to stay in Madrid and as such, it made no sense to embrace another project.I know that I've changed a lot of clubs throughout my career, but I felt good in Madrid, I was enthusiastic about the future and looking forward to finally playing in La Liga. I was honored to have received so many job offers, but my commitment to Real is 100%.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 25-09-17 at 03:19 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can't believe you didn't join Southend Utd

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can't believe you didn't join Southend Utd
    Eheheheheh
    Even being a modest team, Southend Utd deserves all my respect.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    The unexpected achievement

Season 2037/2038

In more than 20 years of career, I would finally have the chance to play in the main league of Spain. In my debut year in La Liga I was expecting a very tough opponent (possibly the most dominant team in European football in the last two decades). From 2015/2016 to 2036/2037 Barcelona had won the title on 18 occasions! Real won 3 (the last in 2028/2029) and the outsider Celta de Vigo won the unexpected title in 2034/2035. I knew perfectly well that I had a difficult task ahead of me. However, I felt confident and what I wanted was mainly a good qualification that would allow us a place in European competitions (preferably in the Champions League) the following year. I was pleased with the squad at my disposal, but still, I tried to improve the team with some new players.
    Five new and promising players came in for free, Ander Fidalgo came for 1.5M from Cadiz (defensive midfielder) Kazimierowicz a 19 year old Polish midfielder and already with more than 10 appearances by the his national team came by almost 1M from Legia Warsaw and Gastón Villagra a 21-year-old Argentine playmaker came from Santamarina for about 230K. As for the exits, 11 players were either dispensed or sold. One player who was sold and I was very displeased, was Claudio Acosta who was transferred to Villarreal by 11.25M. He had been a key player for us the year before, but when he said he wanted to leave, I had no choice but to let him go. In the middle of the season, we also lost Battaglia, which despite playing less often was a very experienced and important element in the squad. He finished the career of player and was to assume the technical command of Carrarese of Italian Serie B. But let's see what happened this season

Pre-season- With the league only starting in the middle of September, once again I scheduled numerous friendly games /tests for my team. We spent a few days in the south of France, where we played Saint Etienne (0-0) and Lyon (1-2). After we went to the south of Italy to face my old team, Napoli (3-3). Back in Madrid, we played Di Stefano Cup in our own stadium with two bad results, 0-2 against Real Sociedad and 0-3 against Feyenoord. We went to make the presentation game to the supporters of the biggest club in the world Benfica 0-1 Real. We still had time to spend almost a week in China (competing and making money at the behest of the sponsors) playing with Tianjin Quanian (0-2) and Shanghai SIPG (2-1). A week before the opening game of the new season, we still played against another old team of mine at the Bernabeu. We beat B.Dortmund 4-1.

Copa del Rey- As a runner-up in the previous season, of course I wanted this year to do better. Unfortunately, in the first round and against an opponent of La Liga2 we were early kicked out of the competition. Real Sociedad 2-1 Real Madrid I will not make excuses to try to justify our elimination, even playing with less used players, we had an obligation to do much better. It was a competition that I really wanted to win again, but I would have to try again the following year. Osasuna took the trophy in the end.

La Liga- 1st- Real Madrid 38 games 26W 8D 4L 75GS-32GC and 86 points, 2nd- Barcelona 38g 22W 5D 11L 67GS-44GC and 71 points. Paradoxically, the early elimination in Copa del Rey and the absence in both UEFA competitions I believe that was even beneficial for us. In terms of team freshness and focus, playing only in the league turned out to be our only goal. I think we have taken advantage of that factor. In contrast Barcelona and being a much more experienced team than ours( but also more aged), ended up not being able to stay in all the fights that was involved, giving up unexpectedly(or maybe not) in this particular competition. To finish with 15 points more than Barcelona, ​​not even in my best dreams. But it happened and the entire " blanco" universe was delighted, with me obviously included. Perhaps fueled by the feeling of revolt after the painful defeat at San Sebastian (Real Sociedad) the truth is that the spectacular sequence of 11 victories in a row followed shortly after the fateful elimination in the cup was absolutely fundamental to our triumphant walk in La Liga. I leave here some of the most relevant results of this dream season: Bétis 0-2 Real(Falcón and Keith), Deportivo 0-1 Real ( Kazi), Real 3-1 Alavés( 2 from Keith, 1 from Falcón), Real 4-2 Barcelona ( 2 from J.A Diaz, 1from Keith and 1 from Kazi), Real 4-0 Tenerife ( 1 Falcón, 1 Villagra, 1 Keith), Villarreal 0-3 Real ( Falcón, Kazi and A.Fidalgo), Atlético 0-0 Real, Eibár 0-4 Real ( Falcón, Beltran, Keith and Fidalgo) Real 3-0 Nastic( Falcón, Villagra, Ruud Salden), Réus 2-5 Real ( 3 Falcón, Villagra and Ruud Salden), Barcelona 0-1 Real ( Falcón), Alavés 0-3 Real ( 2 Beltran, 1 J.A.Diaz), Real 3-0 Celta ( Beltran, Kazi and Villagra), Real 4-2 Villarreal( 2 Kazi, Falcón and Villagra), Real 1-1 Atlético ( Falcón) and with 5 games to the end, the game that crowned us new La Liga champions, Real 3-1 Oviedo( I.Ramirez, 2 from Falcón).

My players stats- Beltran 23(5) 7G 4A 3MoM and 7.25 rat.
    Kazimierowicz 25(7) 7G 6A 2MoM and 7.28 rat.
    Gastón Villagra 24(10) 12G 3A 4MoM and 7.50 rat.
    Ruud Salden 26(1) 2G and 7.11 rat.
    Adriano Leitão 9(6) 1G 1MoM and 6.87 rat. - Maybe I was not very fair to a player who had been so good the year before, but sometimes we have to take the options we think are best for the team.
    J.Weissenberger 21(8) 8A 1MoM and 7.24 rat. - Even without scoring any goal, he was an important player for the team.
    Keith McLaughlin 31(3) 8G 10A 6MoM and 7.44 rat. -Very good season season for this Scottish midfielder.
    António Rodrigues 22 5A and 7.36 rat.
    Ander Fidalgo 31(1) 4G 5A 3MoM and 7.31 rat.
    J.A.Diaz - 13(10) 7G 2A and 7.13 rat.
    Nuno Quintas - 10(3) 1A and 6.38 rat.
    Roberto Falcón - 27(3) 19G 1A 4MoM and 7.93 rat. - He was in my opinion the key player of the season. He was rightly considered the Spanish player of the year and of course the best player for our fans. Of course, among his own team-mates, there was no shortage of people who considered him the star of the team and some (especially the younger ones) who said it was an honor to play in the same club as him.

After 2 titles in 2 years with Real Madrid, the press began to speculate about my staying in Madrid. This year, I received only 3 job offers, Celta, Alavés and Nástic which I evidently refused. Of course if I wanted to, I could very well embrace a new project. I was happy, glad with my young team and above all I wanted to win more with Real. Contrary to the history of my own career, I decided to stay in Madrid. I was exactly where I wanted it and I desired new conquests with this team (which I think was built by me). The giant was now awake

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well done on the title mate, shame about the Cup but possibly a blessing in disguise really.

Bring on Europe now!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Back to National teams action

After the title conquered with my Real, I rested a little but I was following with much interest the World Cup that took place in England (I sent two scouts to this competition). The home team fell in the semi-finals, and without any surprise Germany won the World Cup by beating Brazil 2-1 in the final. It was already mid-July and with me committed to finalizing preparations for my club's pre-season when I received a contact from the Argentine Football Federation. Argentina had fallen to the feet of England in the WC quarter-finals and they decided to abdicate of their manager. They wanted me to take over the vacant post. I honestly did not feel like accepting the proposal, I already had a lot of work in my club and I did not want to divert my attention to another project. I was really inclined to refuse the good proposal I received, however a conversation I kept in my office in Madrid (at the Bernabéu) with the great Leo Messi ... made me change my mind. I did not really want to travel constantly between Madrid and Buenos Aires, but the fact that Argentina will organize the Copa America in 2039 and also the World Cup in 2042 (There were no qualifying matches for Argentina in both competitions so that was a good and ideal situation for me ) Of course Real was always aware of the conversations that I have been having with the Argentine Federation and perhaps for being delighted with the "rebirth" of Real Madrid, they did not put me any obstacle. As long as I kept focused on the work at the club, they did not care that I also took over the Argentinian national team.

On July 22, 2038, I was announced as the new headcoach of Argentina. Curiously, and already after I had committed (signed a contract) only one day later, on July 23 the Portuguese Football Federation appeared on the scene and offered me the opportunity of returning to a position that I knew well. Regrettably I had to refuse, if the proposal had come a few days earlier, I might have accepted it

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You can manage Portugal again at the end of your career, hopefully when you're at Benfica as well.

Argentina is a great opportunity, some huge pressure with them hosting the Copa America and World Cup to win both, not sure Messi should be in the offices of the Bernabeu though!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You can manage Portugal again at the end of your career, hopefully when you're at Benfica as well.

Argentina is a great opportunity, some huge pressure with them hosting the Copa America and World Cup to win both, not sure Messi should be in the offices of the Bernabeu though!
    To finish my career leading Benfica and also the Portuguese national team is really an idea that fascinates me. It could happen, you never know.
    Logically the pressure is enormous, especially because I know well how demanding and fanatical Argentinian fans are. To play at home in these two competitions, of course the goal can only be to win. At least I'll try.
    Even Real Madrid fans (including those ultra defenders of CR7) recognize the greatness of Leo. In addition, as my guest of honor, I can assure you that he was very well received and treated

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Goodbye to Madrid

Season 2038/2039

For the new season, I decided to invest a little more to further strengthen the team. There were only 4 new faces. Saulo a brazilian midfielder from Dunkerque by 2.4M, Manlio Stefani a defensive midfielder(with more than 50 presences in the Italian national team) from Internazional by 17M, Tomislav Brncic a 23years old central defender from Real Sociedad and Diego Gutierrez also from Real Sociedad. They both cost 16.25M. I've been all the previous season trying to bring these two from the Basque club. The Croatian defender I knew would be a plus, but I had never worked with him. Gutierrez had been my player in Atlético and at age 25 he was in excellent shape. He had been enshrined in the previous season the best La Liga2 topgoalscorer with 28 goals (In 104 games for Real Sociedad had scored 57 goals). As for exits, 7 players left Real, being the most notorious case the one of Asier Béltran.He was 34 years old and even contradicting the direction of the board ... I chose to let him leave freely. After, for some months I was receiving information from some directors that Beltran would be an asset to the squad. Needless to say, I completely ignored the recommendation Let's see how my last season in Madrid went. During the year I was always focused and never thought about leaving, but I'll talk about it later.

Pre-season- In chronological order, here's what happened. Of course I have to mention that I adapted the preparation of the pre-season for the beginning of the league but above all in view of the 1st competition that we were going to play ... the Spanish SuperCup. We went to Portugal a few days, where we faced and beat Caldas (0-2) and Mafra (0-3). A trip to Amsterdam where we won Ajax for 1-3 before the traditional Di Stefano Cup which we won by beating Inter Milan 3-0 and River Plate 2-0. We traveled to Greece to play against Trikala (draw without goals) and we ended up receiving and winning Benfica 2-0 at Bérnabeu.

Spanish SuperCup- Personally I do not agree with a two legs games decision in this type of competition, but luckily in this particular case it turned out to be the best that could have happened to us. 1st leg - Osasuna 1-0 Real Madrid (well played and with opportunities from both sides, but unfortunately we lost)
    2nd leg - Real Madrid 4-1 Osasuna In min 15 already we were losing 0-1. With 34 minutes played Gutierrez made the 1-1 and 2 minutes from the end of the first half Falcón scored the 2-1 that was recorded at half-time. With a result that still did not interest us, I feared the worse when with just 17min played in the 2nd half, Ruud Salden was shown a red card. I did not give up trying to score more goals even though I had to adapt the team to the fact that we were playing with only 10 men. Fortunately in minute 74, a double punishment for the opponent helped us a lot. A penalty kick for us, and red card for Osasuna. Falcón did not shake and made the 3-1 that finally made us move to the front of the tie.Inigo Ramirez made it 4-1 before the game ended. We suffered, but at the end I sighed in relief that we had won the trophy.

Copa del Rey-1st round - Hercules 0-1 Real Madrid ( I.Ramirez 89min) ; 2nd round - Real Madrid 2-2(4-3 PEN)Sevilla, 3rd round, 1st leg- Real Madrid 2-1 Osasuna; 2nd leg- Osasuna 1-3 Real Madrid (3 from Gutierrez); Q-Final, 1st leg-Málaga 3-2 Real, 2nd leg- Real 4-0 Málaga(3 from I.Ramirez); Semi Final 1st leg - Real Madrid 2-1 Deportivo La Coruna, 2nd leg - Deportivo 1-0 Real Those kind of ties in which the result and mainly the incidences of the 1st game leave you with bad sensations. Gutierrez scored a goal in the Bernabeu, but we still had 15 shots on goal against only 3 of the opposing team. 2-1 was a meager result and would regrettably prove to be very bad for our pretensions. No use crying now, because football happened in the away game. They had 3 chances and they made a goal, we in 11 shots to the goal we could not make any, so we were out ( I will not even say who the man of the game was, you should guess). Deportivo eventually won the trophy, beating Barcelona in the penalty shoot-out.

Champions League- I confess I had high hopes for this competition. 1st phase Group G - Celtic 3-2 Real, Real 1-1 Genoa, Real 2-0 Liverpool ( Stefani and J.A.Diaz), Liverpool 0-1 Real (Falcón), Real 2-0 Celtic ( Villagra and A.Rodrigues) and Genoa 4-2 Real. 2nd phase Group B - Real 1-0 Everton ( J.Weissenberger), Hamburg 4-1 Real, Latina 0-1 Real( Falcón), Real 2-1 Latina, Everton 3-0 Real and Real 4-0 Hamburg (2 from Villagra, Kazi and I.Ramirez). Quarter-Final 1st leg- Real Madrid 4-0 Dunkerque (1 Kazi and 3 from Gutierrez), 2nd leg-Dunkerque 0-1 Real (A.Fidalgo). Semi-Final, 1st leg- Real Madrid 1-2 Chelsea (After only 3 minutes of play, Weissenberger put us ahead, unfortunately in 15 minutes, between 70min and 85 min the London club reversed the result) 2nd leg - Chelsea 2-1 Real( When Keith scored, we were already losing by 2).Contrary to what happened in the Copa del Rey, I have to recognize that Chelsea were superior in the set of both games and therefore deserved to go to the final.I feel we had the team to win the title, but unfortunately we did not get it. In the final game, Chelsea won by a clear 3-0 against Stuttgart.

La Liga- We had an intense year and I believe we have shown a very high competitive spirit.I think that did not help us make so many games during the season.For example, Falcón was affected on more than one occasion by injuries, and just as happened with Villagra he had a serious injury that kept him off the pitch for more than a month and a half. Still, at the end of the competition ... we were the champions! But it was a very tough battle against Barcelona, ​​yes it was. Real Madrid 1st - 38g 25W 7D 6L 77GS-31GC and 82 points. Barcelona 2nd - 38g 24W 8D 6L 88GS-42GC and 80 points. Incredible as it may seem, on the last round we had several minutes without the title in our hands. In Balaidos against Celta, we drew 0-0 (In a game where because of a stupid sent off of Ruud Salden, we played more than 55 minutes in numerical inferiority)and we put our destiny in our Catalan opponent hands. Barcelona played at home against Osasuna and in the 85th minute was comfortably winning 3-1. I do not know what happened (maybe the Gods of CM) but in just 5 minutes Osasuna made 2 goals and despite the final effort of Barcelona the 3-3 score has not changed anymore. Disaster at Camp Nou and party announced to the sides of Madrid Some of our most relevant results, Tenerife 1-3 Real(2 from A.Leitão and 1 Gutierrez), Barcelona 1-2 Real ( Weissenberger and Gutierrez), Atlético 2-1 Real (Gutierrez), Real 5-1 Villarreal( 3 from Gutierrez and 2 from J.A.Diaz), Huesca 1-2 Real( 2 from A.Leitão), Sevilla 0-4 Real (1from Falcón and 1 from Brncic), Real 2-0 Espanyol( Falcón and Gutierrez), Real 4-1 Tenerife( Villagra 2, Gutierrez and A.Leitão), Real 1-1 Atlético ( Gutierrez), Betis 1-2 Real( 2 from Falcón), Real 0-1 Barcelona, Villarreal 0-2 Real ( 2 from Villagra) and Real 4-0 Deportivo( A.Fidalgo, Kazi, Gutierrez and I.Ramirez).

My player stats- Manlio Stefani - 41(3) 2G 8A 5MoM and 7.55 rat. - He fulfilled what I expected and added quality to our midfield.
    Tomislav Brncic - 51 3G 2A and 7.08 rat. - Player of recognized quality, which in my opinion could have played better.
    J.Weissenberger - 29(10) 3G 5A 1MoM and 7.10 rat.
    Gastón Villagra - 29(3) 9G 7A 4MoM and 7.38 rat. - Massacred by a serious injury, he still helped us a lot.
    Adriano Leitão - 31(8) 7G 8A 3MoM and 7.26 rat. - Maybe I was unfair to him the previous season and I'm glad he made his point on the field.
    Kazimierowicz - 40(9) 6G 15A 1MoM and 7.16 rat. - Who has had interference in 21 goals, can only have had a very positive season.
    Ruud Salden - 37 1G 2A 1MoM and 7.03 rat. - the champion of indiscipline in my team, but still a man of my confidence.
    António Rodrigues- 45 1G 5A 2MoM and 7.22 rat.
    Keith McLaughlin - 40(7) 5G 4A 1MoM and 6.96 rat. - He's been worried about rumors about transfers all year round, and that has of course affected his game production
    Ander Fidalgo - 23(14) 3G 5A 2MoM and 7.24 rat. - Even losing the place in the team for Stefani, was extremely useful for us.
    Nuno Quintas - 12(3) and 6.47 rat. - It was I who hired him, but possibly if I stayed in Madrid his time at the club was counted.
    J.A.Diaz - 22(13) 9G 3A 3MoM and 7.34 rat.
    I.Ramirez - 24(19) 14G 2A 1MoM and 7.28 rat. - Hired to Sevilla by 4.1M when he was only 22 years old. He fulfilled his second season in the club very well. The previous season he had made about 20 games, scored 3 goals and had made 2 assists. By his own merit, was now the 3rd striker of the team (I only play with 2 in my tactic)
    Roberto Falcón -31(4) 13G 5A 4MoM and 7.91 rat. - He has never been 100% fit (a lot of injuries) and this has ultimately affected the performance of the team.
    Diego Gutierrez - 51(6) 37G 9A 11MoM and 7.98 rat. -Player of the year for our supporters (understandably) 3rd best player in La Liga and La Liga topgoalscorer ( La Liga stats, 34(2) 24G 7A 5MoM and 8.08 !! rat) I was amazed at the season he did with me at Atlético, but what he achieved this year at Real, was absolutely brilliant.

There was the strong possibility of continuing a fourth consecutive year ahead of the club. But (later I'll reveal the reasons) this would be my last year at Real Madrid. Now it was time to focus on the Copa America. Together with me, Falcon, Villagra and of course Diego Gutierrez, we flew to Buenos Aires.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Copa America 2039

The last time Argentina had won this competition, it had already been in 2027. After that, both in 2031 and 2035, it was the great rival Brazil to keep the trophy. Playing before our own fans, the pressure was huge on our shoulders, but I was confident we could undoubtedly win the title. In addition to my 3 Real Madrid Argentinian players that I mentioned, the 23-player squad also had Hernán Blanco and Miguel Angel Carranza. We were all very optimistic and ready for the start of the competition.

1st game -Buenos Aires, La Bombonera (59 963) - Argentina 2-1 Colombia ( Falcón made it 1-0, Colombia equalized already in the 2nd half and in the last minute, a powerful header from Falcón almost " burned" the party in the stadium.)

2nd game - Avellaneda, El Cllindro (64 974) - Argentina 3-0 Paraguay ( 1 goal from Cocca and 2 more from Falcón)

3rd game - La Bombonera (59 987) - Argentina 3-0 Peru ( Menseguez, Gutierrez and H.Blanco were the scorers)

Quarter-Final - Buenos Aires, El Monumental (61 461) - Argentina 3-1 Paraguay ( Two goals from Cocca and another from Alba were enough to ensure the passage to the semi final)

Semi-Final - El Monumental (61 499) - Argentina 0-1 Brazil (A single goal in extra time has killed our chances of winning the trophy. I could apologize with the fatigue, with the enormous pressure, with the lack of luck ... but the truth is that during the 120 minutes, Brazil was always better than us. It was a hard blow, but they deserved it because they were stronger )

Last place on the podium game - La Bombonera (59 973) - Argentina 0-1 Colombia (In a strange game, with some substitutions caused by injuries for both sides, any of the teams could have won. Of course psychologically my team was not in the best conditions and probably this may explain this new defeat)

In the final of the competition at El Monumental, Brazil revalidated the title by beating Mexico 3-0 (2 goals from Márcio Lira. With 8 goals was the topgoalscorer of the competition and in my opinion, the most decisive as well). As for us, not only did we fail completely the great goal, but we had to see the greatest rival party in our own house.

No one was satisfied (far from it) but still the Argentine Federation gave me the vote of confidence to continue to lead the team. And I, annoyed by our performance, wanted very much to continue this work and try to improve our results already in the 2042 World Cup, also to be played in Argentina.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Forget about Luis Figo

The first contacts between me and Barcelona took place during the season. Again (well thought out) Lionel was the first to tell me about the possibility. He called meand encouraged me to leave Madrid for Barcelona at the end of the season. It was already public that Andrea Stramaccioni would retire and therefore there would be necessarily a need for the Catalan club to find a substitute. The rumors in the press were already impossible to stop, even when I guaranteed that I was 100% focused on my work with Real. I had a meeting with some directors of Barcelona (including Leo Messi) in a restaurant in Buenos Aires and I was very sincere with them. It would not be logical for me to even think about assuming the position of manager of Barcelona, ​​with the season running. In addition, Barcelona was our main opponent and I would do everything in my power to beat them. However, I pointed out that at the end of the season (at club level) we would speak better, leaving clearly the door open.

From the beginning of my managing career, I only met two men ahead of Barcelona, ​​Luis Enrique from 2015 to 2033 and the already mentioned Andrea Stramaccioni from 2033 to 2039. In 18 years, Luis Enrique filled the museum of the club with trophies after trophies. The Italian manager (in less years, it is true), won 3 La Ligas and 3 spanish supercups. Unfortunately in the last year of his career, not only did he lose the league against my team, but he still lost(on penalties) the Copa del Rey. I confess that I think he deserved better luck. But we all know how football can be cruel at times.
    As for my relationship with Barcelona, ​​not only had I won two La Ligas over Barcelona, but I had already beaten them in a Champions League final (2036) with Inter. Not forgetting of course my famous victory in the Copa del Rey final with Atletico at their expense. Maybe I was already in debt to this club

I had another year of contract with the Madrid club and for a long time I only thought of staying, but I confess that when I revalidated the title (with luck, it's true) the challenge of going to the historic Barcelona, ​​left me very enthusiastic and very willing. It was decided, Barcelona would be my next destination. Convincing Real Madrid`s chairman Rafael Camino to let me leave, would be very complicated. How do you accept an exceptional manager like me the 2038/39 Spanish Manager of the year to leave you for your biggest rival? It was a very hard conversation and it took hours, but with concessions from each other, we reached an agreement. Goodbye Madrid

On July 11, 2039, I was already the main man in Barcelona's football. The new manager.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Glad to read a story about a guy who has the guts to leave a club. I never really managed to do that as I fall in love with the club I train and the players I have (yes, it is hard for me to see my star decline to the point where I can't use them).

Yet I'm doing a game with Benfica (original database) and I already won everything that there is to win (to make history, I can only look for the penta or hexa or more champion's league... and I'm trying to have my B team reach the UEFA cup) am I'm thinking about leaving... when Ronaldinho retires ahaha... or should I go back to my Roma game and play in the post-Totti era? ahaha.

Still, great work with the story. Simple and yet entertainment!

(about Benfica in the second division... it has happened to me a game that I played with Barreirense for more than 50 years... It is also so sad... and the manager that got the team relegated was Rui Costa... oh well).

About your game: good luck with your new job at Barcelona! Just call Figo to know what it is like to be in that position.

One question: what patches are you using to have invitations to be the manager on another clubs? That sounds interesting
    Last edited by troza; 20-10-17 at 03:15 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to troza For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    Glad to read a story about a guy who has the guts to leave a club. I never really managed to do that as I fall in love with the club I train and the players I have (yes, it is hard for me to see my star decline to the point where I can't use them).

Yet I'm doing a game with Benfica (original database) and I already won everything that there is to win (to make history, I can only look for the penta or hexa or more champion's league... and I'm trying to have my B team reach the UEFA cup) am I'm thinking about leaving... when Ronaldinho retires ahaha... or should I go back to my Roma game and play in the post-Totti era? ahaha.

Still, great work with the story. Simple and yet entertainment!

(about Benfica in the second division... it has happened to me a game that I played with Barreirense for more than 50 years... It is also so sad... and the manager that got the team relegated was Rui Costa... oh well).

About your game: good luck with your new job at Barcelona! Just call Figo to know what it is like to be in that position.

One question: what patches are you using to have invitations to be the manager on another clubs? That sounds interesting
    About your question, Im using the October 2016 Data updated and the Tapani 2.21.1 Patch.
    It's true that I like to jump from club to club, I can not deny it. I love the challenge of winning by different teams. I admire your ability to get motivated after so many years in the same club (50 years in Barreirense?!? WOW) Good luck in your save with Benfica (whether in real or virtual, Benfica is always to WIN)

Thanks my friend
    Cheers

30. The Following User Says Thank You to rodrigoazevedo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks for the answer... I still only get invitations when I apply for a job... ahaha

32. The Following User Says Thank You to troza For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just caught up, I hope you have good security guards after moving to Barcelona! Hard luck in the Copa America, must be some pressure on you going into the World Cup next year now after failing on home soil and your biggest rivals winning the competition.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234