Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Until 2050

Barcelona

Season 2042/2043-Touching the sky

I was preparing the season, when I received a very tempting invitation from Juventus. A very interesting project indeed which was to make the Turin club a dominant team, not only in Italy but also in Europe. Having already won everything for Barcelona, I still pondered a bit, but a frank conversation with my directors and even with the chairman made me choose to stay in Catalonia for the 4th consecutive year. I had a great team, fantastic supporters and a board delighted with my work, realistically I had no reason to leave the club. Of course the fact of having many competitions to play (and consequently the opportunity to win more titles) weighed on my final decision to stay in Barcelona. Later this season, the manager of Benfica was fired, but again this situation came at a time when I could not do anything. Fully committed to and focused on the competitions where my club was still involved, it was impossible to leave Barcelona at that exact moment. I can not deny that I was mentally aware that this would be my last season commanding Barcelona (by my choice) but without doubt that only at the end of the season, I would think about my next step.
    In such a winning club it is difficult to improve. But that was precisely what I had in mind.I hired two new elements(coaches) for my staff and I also made some changes on the squad. 14 new players arrived for free, with Prince Adjei being the most known player. 23-year-old Ghanaian international a prolific striker who in the previous season at Mirandes had been the top goalscorer in La Liga. I still spent 3.2M(well above the real value) on a player who had been recommended to me by my scouts. Nascimento, U21 Brazillian international midfielder from Santa Cruz. He would have to work hard to get game minutes on my team, but he had all the conditions and the potential to do so. In the opposite direction, also 14 players left the club. Marat Miroshnnichenko ended his contract and I chose not to renew (because of his 35 years, yes I admit). Curiously also Asier Carrión had finished his contract and was already 34/35 years, but in this concrete case I opted to renew for another season. Steve Montgomery was in the same situation as the two I mentioned, but in a surprising decision he decided not to accept another year of contract I offered him I was sad to see him leave(I can not deny the special connection with this player), but happy with what he had offered to the team in this 3 years that we worked together here in Barcelona. In 138 official games with the "Blaugrana" shirt he scored 57 goals, made 12 assists, was 18 times MoM and the average rating was 7.62. In January 2043 another important player left the club (at his own request)
    I do not like having players upset and when Padovani asked to leave, I decided not to oppose his will. He went to Gillingham of Premier League in return for 17M.
    Anyway, let's see how it went this season

Pre-Season-I like to vary and choose different destinations when I'm planning the pre-season games. I took the team a few days to South Africa where we played two games, Orlando Pirates (2-4) and Kaizer Chiefs (1-0) Next we went to Amsterdam to face Jong Ajax (0-1) Taking advantage of the proximity, we went to Belgium for another friendly match, Cercle Brugge(0-3). To end, the usual presence in our own tournament, Leo Messi Cup where we faced and we beat Benfica through penalties(3-2) after a 1-1 draw. In the final game against Internazionale, after a 2-2 at the regular 90 minutes, this time we were the ones losing in the penalties lottery(2-4). In 4 years in Barcelona, ​​it is funny that the trophy that I won the least ... was the Leo Messi Cup. The last 3 finals we always lose against Inter

Spanish Super Cup- 1st leg - Atlético Madrid 1-1 Barcelona. I have to admit that the draw was a flattering result for us. They were really better than us. A goal from Carrión within the final 15 minutes, canceled the advantage of the home team. 2nd leg - Barcelona 3-0 Atlético Madrid (Saad, Fischer and Adjei)Completely fair result due to our intense dominance during the whole game. Atlético did not make a single shot at our goal! The novelty was that Carrión did not score against his former team. It is very curious that he scores almost always against Atlético. Anyway, what interested was the achievement of another title

Intercontinental Cup- Barcelona 0-1 Colo Colo. Disputed in Japan (in Saitama) unfortunately we let this trophy escape. I do not need to say who was the best player on the field (you can guess easily) we played well, we tried to score but we could not. I do not like to apologize (because I can not always win) but the fact that I played with some B players did not help either. I did not do it for mere technical option but due to the super tight calendar in August (17/08 Atlético Madrid, 20/08 Colo Colo, 22/08 Adanaspor and 24/08 Atlético again)I tried not to sacrifice any competition, but unfortunately this trophy we could not win.

European Super Cup-Surprisingly Adanaspor had beaten Chelsea in last year's UEFA final. Yet I knew we had no easy task ahead of us.
    60 680 in Wembley Stadium- Barcelona 3-2 Adanaspor The Turks opened the scoring, Adjei made the equalizer but still before the end of the 1st half we suffered a second goal. In the second half in just 7 minutes (between minute 61 and 68) Goran Kolar made two decisive goals. It was not easy, as I had predicted,but fortunately we managed to take this cup to Catalunya

Fifa World Championship-As you can guess, my ambition to win for the first time this competition was very high. From 29 November to 14 December we would be in the Netherlands playing in this event. Barcelona were only playing in this competition (as it should be, learn how to do it, Football Association )
    1st game - De Kuip, Rotterdam(63 282) - Biduest Wits(I know, who?! South African team) 0-2 Barcelona. Nascimento and Kolar were the scorers.
    2nd game- Amsterdam Arena(72 980) - Barcelona 3-0 Ulsan(South Korean team). One goal from Adjei and 2 from Carrión.
    3rd game - De Kuip(63 272)- PSV 0-1 Barcelona. A goal from Kolar in the 51st min gave full justice to the result. In fact, if we did not score more goals, it was because of their goalkeeper(MoM)
    Semi-Final - De Kuip(only 47 377?!)- Adanaspor 0-3 Barcelona. Two goals from Saad and another from Carrión ensured our presence in the final.
    Final- Amsterdam Arena(74 582)- Morelia(Mexican team)0-3 Barcelona. An own goal, a goal from Adjei and another from the inevitable Carrión gave color to a victory that was never in question. We were so superior throughout the competition that we even finished our participation without a single goal conceded!! Twelve goals scored and none conceded just brightened our whole performance. My players have been brilliant, but I have to praise the "old man" Carrión. He was always very inspired and undoubtedly was essential to our success.

Copa del Rey-1st round- Alcoyano 0-2 Barcelona (Padovani and Tassi a young italian midfielder from our B team); Toledo 1-4 Barcelona. Adjei, Luckassen(young dutch striker from our B team and 2 from Padovani. It was his last goals for Barcelona before moving to England. From 2034 to January 2043 he netted 178 goals for Barcelona.
    With me he scored 70 goals and made 20 assists. He left because he wanted to, all I could do was wish him good luck; 3rd round, 1st leg - Reus 1-2 Barcelona(Tassi and Cvetkovic), 2nd leg - Barcelona 2-1 Reus (Tassi and Desmet); Q-Final, 1st leg - Barcelona 2-1 Zaragoza( 2 from Luckassen), 2nd leg- Zaragoza 1-1 Barcelona. The 1-0 through a penalty put us in trouble, we were saved by a fulminant header from Luckassen (hero of the tie) 5 minutes from the end; Semi-Final, 1st leg- Barcelona 1-0 Cadiz(Nascimento), 2nd leg- Cadiz 0-5 Barcelona 2 from Kolar, 2 from Adjei and 1 from Telmo Pina(Young portuguese defender from B team); FINAL- Almost 96 000 people at the Bernabeu- Barcelona 3-0 Alavés. Thirsty for victories, we face the game with great professionalism and a huge will. Two goals from Adjei and one from Weissenberger made the story of this final. It had been 4 years since I left Real Madrid. Fortunately the Copa del Rey gave me the opportunity to continue to win trophies at this stadium

La Liga-Maybe because we were involved on so many fronts, this season was the most complicated of all. Cadiz who made a fabulous season managed to suffer less goals than we (only 26) and was always a strong and competent opponent. Proof of that was the 2nd place in the table with 74 points. We won again, but clearly without the brilliance that characterized us. 38 Games 24W 8D 6L(too many) 72GS-33GC and 80 points. Here are some of the results of our campaign, Barcelona 3-0 Sevilla(Medina, Monterde, Adjei), Barcelona 2-1 Villarreal(Adjei and Kolar), Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona(Kolar jumped from the bench to rescue a point), Cadiz 1-2 Barcelona(Medina and Fischer), Barcelona 5-0 Almeria(2 Kolar,Carrión,Saad and Monterde), Mallorca 1-4 Barcelona(Monterde, Kolar, Medina and Fischer), Barcelona 5-0 Atlético Madrid (2 Padovani, Fischer, Medina and E.Veloso), Barcelona 1-0 Real(Fischer), Barcelona 1-0 Cadiz(Cvetkovic),Atlético Madrid 1-2 Barcelona(Weissenberger and Kolar),Barcelona 5-1 Zaragoza( Kolar, Adjei,Monterde,Fischer and Medina) and finally the game which confirmed our 4th consecutive title, Barcelona 4-2 Alavés(2Adjei, Cvetkovic and Telmo Pina) Personally it was my 6th consecutive La Liga.

Champions League-Even considering that we were the holders of the throphy at no time did we underestimate this competition. It would be tough, far from easy, but we would do everything to achieve new success. Here what we did, Tottenham 0-2 Barcelona(Medina and Saad), Barcelona 4-0 Besiktas(2 from Kolar, Fischer and Saad), Oostende 0-1 Barcelona(Kolar), Barcelona 2-1 Oostende(2 from Monterde), Barcelona 4-1 Tottenham(2 from Monterde and Kolar), Besiktas 2-2 Barcelona( With 2 goals down, Carrión and Desmet saved the point), Genoa 2-3 Barcelona( at minute 23 we were already losing by two, Nascimento reduced and two goals from Kolar put us ahead),Barcelona 3-0 Stuttgart(Fischer, Padovani and Cvetkovic), Arsenal 3-1 Barcelona(Cvetkovic), Barcelona 1-3 Arsenal( Nascimento scored and one awful performance from Woodhouse against his former team), Barcelona 4-0 Genoa(Medina,Dufour,Fischer), Stuttgart 1-1 Barcelona( Carrión); Quarter-Finals,1st leg- Tottenham 0-2 Barcelona(Milan and Fischer), 2nd leg Barcelona 2-1 Tottenham( Desmet and Adjei); Semi-Final, 1st leg- Arsenal 3-1 Barcelona(losing by 3, Medina made the goal of honor in the 2nd half) The matches with Arsenal this season were a real nightmare. Three games, three defeats by the same result. I confess I was very worried for the 2nd leg game in Camp Nou. We would have to work hard to cancel a 2-goal deficit, but I was confident that it was possible. 2nd leg- Barcelona 4-1 Arsenal Very hard game as we expected, the support of our fans was essential to consummate the epic turnaround against the 4 times in a row English Champion. The london team made the 0-1 too early in the game. This result was maintained until the end of the first 45 minutes. At minute 61 Saad did the equalizer. At the entrance of the last 15 minutes, Fischer made the 2-1. Only two minutes later Nascimento made it 3-1 to tie this exciting semi-final. In the additional 30 minutes of the game we continued on top of them and in minute 114 Fischer made the goal that took everybody in the stadium to madness. I think we did enough to solve in the 90 minutes, we were better and we deserved to decide the game sooner. But the most important thing was guaranteed, our passage to the final game. Last year we had to face the German teams, this year we beat English opponents.The only thing that remained of last season was the opponent of the final, again a 100% Spanish final against a tough Villarreal FINAL- Copenhagen, Telia Parken( 54 987)- Barcelona 2-1 Villarreal. Comparing both finals, I have to recognize that this one was much more complicated. We made it 1-0 just after 10 minutes of play by Kolar, still in the first half they tied the game through a goal from a former player of ours (which I had sold to Roma right at the end of my 1st year at the club). In the beginning of the second half, Nascimento scored the goal that turned out to be decisive. Barcelona managed to revalidate the Champions League title I have to leave a word to Woodhouse, if it is true that he was miserable in that home game against Arsenal, I can not fail to mention that in this final he was at a very high level (MoM)

My heroes-Before mentioning the numbers of my players, mention the fact that I was for the 5th time in a row distinguished as the best manager of the year. Still, Luis Enrique between 2022/2023 and 2027/2028 did even better (with 6 in a row) But let's see now the numbers of my huge and well deserved champions
    Connor Woodhouse-40Games 32GC 1MoM and 7.58 rat. Individually he was still considered the 2nd best European goalkeeper
    Marcos Sanz-33Games 29GC and 7.27 rat. Even in the shadow of Woodhouse, he was called to the Spanish national team
    Edgar Veloso-34Games 1G 7A 1MoM and 7.09 rat.
    Roberto Medina-49(3)Games 8G 2A and 7.04 rat. In 2042 he was part of World Cup Dream Team.
    Camillo Milan-38(11)Games 3G 6A 2MoM and 7.27 rat.
    Bernard Saad- 41(2)Games 9G 4A 2 MoM and 7.53 rat.
    J.Weissenberger- 35(12)Games 3G 8A and 7.17 rat.
    Monterde-41(9)Games 9G 5A 3MoM and 7.36 rat.
    Cvetkovic-35(16)Games 11G 6A 1MoM and 7.41 rat.
    Nascimento-33(14)Games 8G 8A 1MoM and 7.41 rat. Good numbers for debut season in my opinion
    Fischer-41(6)Games 17G 16A 10MoM and 7.66 rat. 2nd Spanish Player of the Year He was at a top level and was one of our key players
    Desmet-23(16)Games 6G 8A 6MoM and 7.33 rat.
    A.Carrión-25(11)Games 8G 8A 2MoM and 7.06 rat. Already a veteran but crucial in our squad.
    Prince Adjei- 47(7) Games 18G 10A 5MoM and 7.74 rat. Very good, but a player of his quality has to score more goals.
    Padovani- 11(5)Games 10G 3A 6MoM and 7.88 rat. He only played until December, but it was still very useful.
    Goran Kolar- 34(11)Games 24G 3A 7MoM and 7.96 rat. He won a lot of collective trophies, but on an individual level he can not complain either, Player of the year for our supporters, European Striker of the Year, European Footballer of the Year and 3rd place on Fifa World player of the Year award.

Barcelona really had a very powerful team, full of world-class players. Believe it or not, most of the players I mentioned were star players in their national teams. Of course I do not want to relativize my own merit for the many titles we have won this season,but having a team with so much quality, having a squad with excellent choices in all positions makes everything easier or less complicated. I do not like this kind of comparison, but in almost 30 years of career this Barcelona was perhaps the best team I had the honor of guiding. Still, my time at the club was now over. There was nothing more to do, to conquer there and as such I felt that it was the right time to embrace a new project
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 18-12-17 at 12:56 PM.

2 perfect or almost perfect years at Barcelona... too bad that the wc with Argentina didn't went that well. Now I'm curious about your next project! What there is left for you to do? You still don't have a Libertadores on your CV, right?

Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    2 perfect or almost perfect years at Barcelona... too bad that the wc with Argentina didn't went that well. Now I'm curious about your next project! What there is left for you to do? You still don't have a Libertadores on your CV, right?
    With Barcelona everything went beautifully indeed Unfortunately for Argentinha I could not reach the objectives and I was rightly dismissed. Soon I will write right here what happened next. Libertadores? With all due respect for South American clubs, leaving Europe is surely something I will not do.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigoazevedo View Post
    With Barcelona everything went beautifully indeed Unfortunately for Argentinha I could not reach the objectives and I was rightly dismissed. Soon I will write right here what happened next. Libertadores? With all due respect for South American clubs, leaving Europe is surely something I will not do.

Cheers
    That's something I also haven't done on CM: being manager in south america.

Back to England

Where do you go after leaving probably the best club in the world? There are certainly not many desirable destinations for sure. I was in a very comfortable situation in Barcelona, ​​I had already won a lot, I was almost unanimously adored by all the fans, the players were by my side, the board was also absolutely delighted with my work. So staying in Barcelona would be the easiest thing to do. There was still the advantage of being very close to my home country. My family for a long time insisted that it was a mistake to leave Barcelona, ​​I had already a certain age and better situation than the one I had in the city of Barcelona, ​​would hardly find elsewhere. But after four very good years, especially the last two, in my head it did not make any sense to continue. I needed to change, a new challenge was exactly what I wanted. Maybe the last before returning to Portugal definitely.
    I respected my contract with the Catalan club until the end, I did not want to be the one to present the resignation, my intention was to move to another club. Fortunately, that's exactly what happened The job offer that appeared to me was from a big English club. I liked the proposal they made me (both financially and sporty) and we easily came to an agreement. Of course going from Barcelona to this club, it's a bit like going from horse to donkey as we say in Portugal, however the idea excited me and I felt I could really help the club in question. In season 42/43 they had been in a disappointing 10th place on the Premier League table. Which meant there would be no European football for me in season 43/44, but that did not matter to me. For the past 7 years, the man at the helm had been Gianluigi Donnarumma. In my modest opinion and even knowing that he had been sacked, I believe he did a decent job. In 2036/2037 he won the Champions League and in the following season he won the European Super Cup and also the Intercontinental Cup. During these 7 years he was still 2 times runner up in the Premier League and in 2038/2039 he help the club reached the finals of Fa Cup and League Cup, losing both. Some European success but bad luck at domestic level. Since I started my managing career I have seen this great club win some more titles(not many, it's true). In 2022 they won both Uefa Cup and Fifa World Championship and a few years before in 2016/2017 they won the League Cup. In the historic Fa Cup the maximum they did was to reach the final and lose. Talking about Premier League, Donnarumma had two second places, but for registration there were still three more in the time period I mentioned. In 2035 they had conquered the much sought-after 1st place(the only one they had). After that achievement, Chelsea won 4 consecutive titles. After this feat of Chelsea, it was the turn of Arsenal to win also 4 titles in a row(They were therefore the current holders of the title). Funny that the last two winners of the Premier League were two clubs where I had the privilege of working

But enough talking about the past, what mattered now was precisely the present and the future. I was anxious and eager to start working at my new club.
    On 29 June 2043 I was announced as Liverpool's new manager. From this day on, I would give everything for Liverpool. I was confident that my arrival would have a positive effect on the team and also on the supporters. The important thing is that they would not let me walk alone

Liverpool

Preparing the new season

The club's board asked me just to maintain Liverpool out of troubles,ensuring the club in the Premier League was my task, according to them. Something I confess I did not understand, especially because of the dismissal of their previous manager A 10th place is in the light of this type of request, a reasonable classification.Of course in my mind, the main goal was to go as far as possible in the competitions to eliminate and try a place in the league that would ensure a presence in Europe the following year. If possible in the main European competition, the Champions League. Analyzing coldly the squad, of course I found some gaps, but still with the right signings surely would be improved. In Barcelona I had at my disposal a set of world-class players. I was perfectly aware that the reality of the Merseyside club was quite different. It takes time to build a competitive team and I knew it would not be easy. But I was enthusiastic about the idea and this challenge was precisely what I wanted for my career. Even before looking with all the attention to the necessary changes in the squad, my priority was to look at the tecnical staff at my disposal. Oddly I found a very short staff (maybe they left with the previous manager) which in any case, did not affect me minimally. I like to be surrounded by people of my confidence and above all competent in their work. A staff so short like this one i found, allows me to hire without having to worry about sending people away. It was then with naturalness that entered the club, 6 new scouts, 4 new coaches and one new assistant manager. Of these new faces, two guys I knew very well from the past, Renato Sanches(came as a coach) who was now 46 years old and came from my beloved V. Setúbal. Nuno Kikas who was now my new assistant had been my player in Benfica. His first call up to the Portuguese National team when he was 26 was also promoted by me.
    Looking at the squad more deeply, two names stand out, Torsten Rahn 26 years, forward with more than 30 calls ups by the German national team.After 4 good seasons at PSG had been hired last season by Liverpool. With me, surely he would improve his 1st year records(46(1)Games 14G 7A 4MoM and 7.13 rat).The other star player of the squad, Bruno Rodrigues 28 years with more 60 games with his national side, Brazil(Won everything, World Cup,Copa America, Confederations Cup) he was already in the club for 4 seasons. He was also the team`s captain. Defender/Attacking Midfielder(Left/Centre) reminded me of Real Madrid's old Marcelo. With Brazil he was used as a left back and it was in that specific position that I also intended to use him. Due to the club's last poor seasons, it was not easy to convince some of the big players we tried to bring to Liverpool. The club had money to spend, but the hard part was has I said before attracting players who wanted to integrate the project I had for the club. I had no choice but to bet on youth and I confess that hiring young players is something that pleases me. Of course they are inexperienced players, but they compensate for having a lot of potential and being very promising.
    To enter new faces, there was a need to slim the squad, therefore some players were invited to leave the club. Altogether between sales and players leaving for free, 11 players left Liverpool. The financial allocation we made with some sales was 17.75M. Not wanting to mess around with the club's finances at all (despite the stable situation at that level) I channeled more or less that amount of money(I spent 16.75M) to use in new hires. For season 43/44 twelve were the players that I managed to take to the club. Eleven already in the summer transfer market and one that only entered in January (But of this concrete player I will talk later). Of the players who came already in July/August, 3 came from Barcelona B and other 3 from Real Madrid. From Portugal I also brought two players. A quick look at some of the new names:
    Kazimierowicz-I spent 4M in this 26 years old Polish midfielder. I knew his qualities very well for obvious reasons, after 5 seasons playing regularly at Real Madrid, in 42/43 he had only participated in 8 games. For what I intended, he would be one of my indisputable players.
    Ander Fidalgo-He cost less than 1M (900k) and as the previous player also came from Real Madrid.A defensive midfielder of 28 years, he came from 3 seasons of little use. If in the first 3 seasons in Madrid he played with a lot of regularity(two of them with me) in the following 3 he had less and less minutes of game. Maybe not good enough for his previous team, but I knew he would be useful to me.
    Catello Tassi-Italian midfielder with just 21 years old, came in exchange for 700K from Barcelona B.Young product of Juventus academy went to Barcelona for free at the beginning of last season. I put him on B team (to grow and develop) but still I had to use him a few times for the main team. Due to injuries and also to the numerous games that Barcelona had, being involved in so many competitions. These were his numbers on the main team(playing mostly in Copa del Rey)10(8)Games 3G 3A 2MoM and 7.07 rat. If he worked well, he could take place on my initial 11.
    Marco Filipe-22-year-old Portuguese central defender who came from Porto for 2M.Born and raised in Setúbal, he spent 4 seasons in that club that tells me so much. After a single season playing for Porto(not even a good season in my view), I decided to bet on him. He has tremendous potential and I intended to get the most out of it for Liverpool. Another detail, was called by me with only 21 years for the main Portuguese National team.
    Marco Rodrigues-Portuguese as the other Marco I mentioned before. 21-years-old striker. Let me speak a little longer about this particular player. Believe it or not, he did not have a single minute played in the main Portuguese League. Cristiano Ronaldo was born on one of the Portuguese islands, Madeira. Marco Rodrigues on the other hand was a native of Azores, the other Portuguese island. Maybe there was a pattern here, who knows In the club of his small town, Rabo Peixe, he only played two games and as a substitute(Season 39/40).Ferreiras a club in Albufeira, Algarve decided to bet on him and for only 20K hired him for the next season. In 2040/41 these were his numbers in the new club 9(7)Games 5G 1MoM and 7.31 rat. In 41/42 the club decided to lend him to Tondela. He was crowned champion of the 2nd division B(center zone)in that same season with some interesting numbers 28Games 19G 2A 5MoM and 7.79 rat. Returning to his club in 2042/43 he was absolutely essential to Ferreiras, helping them to achieve the 2nd place in 2nd league final classification(and consequent promotion to the main portuguese division), 38Games 22G 10A 7MoM and 7.82 rat. Individually he was also awarded with several prizes, Ferreiras player of the year, Second League Team of the Year, 3rd best 2nd league Topgoalscorer, 3rd place Most Man of the Match award and for last and the most important in my opinion, 2nd League Player of the Year. During this particular season(42/43),midway through the European qualifying matches, Portugal played a friendly game at Wembley against the home team. As he was scoring goals and his good performances were drawing attention, I decided to take him for the first time and at the age of 20 for this Portuguese national team match. Marco Rodrigues who had never even been called to the U21, was now at the mythical stadium of Wembley prepared to debut for Portugal. In this type of games, I like to see all the players in action, unfortunately I can only see 11 at a time. Marco was immediately thrown for that first 11. It is true that Connor Woodhouse was absolutely unrecognizable (bad nights happen) but we did our job well and we won by 2-4. Two of our goals in this game were scored by ... Marco(two powerful headers) So this young man,in his debut game with Portugal, against the powerful England making already his mark. I was truly impressed. In my long managing career, I have seen many players and I can better observe the faults and virtues of each one (because of my experience). In Marco Rodrigues, it was his enormous determination that made me advance to his signing (for 625K)

With the squad we had been able to build, I knew we would not have an easy season ahead. However, for the objectives I had (Europe) I felt that this was perfectly within reach.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 21-12-17 at 02:49 PM.

Empty-handed or ... maybe not

Needless to say, I prepared very carefully the preseason. I have always enjoyed being the one dealing with the aspects involving the team and here at the Merseyside club it would not be different. Already in the last days of July, I took the team to Portugal where we spent some time. We played against Caldas(1-4) and we went to Mafra (0-6), a result that even though it was from a friendly game, made me received a memorandum from the board saying they were delighted Our last game on this little tour was at the legendary Stadium of Light against the biggest club in the World, Benfica (1-2). I chose not to organize any tournament for Anfield, but still because of my contacts, I managed to bring the almighty and fearsome Barcelona to a friendly in our home. It was great to review so many known faces, and I almost injured myself from so many hugs I gave. As for the game, Kolar and Adjei gave a 2-goal lead to the Catalan club. On an inspired afternoon, Kazimierowicz with two goals, set the 2-2 that remained until the end. Even before the season started, we still went to Dortmund (1-0) and Toulouse (1-0) I was able to see lots of players in action and I knew now what to get out of each of them for the benefit of the team.Above all I felt that my players were ready for the demanding season that we would face.

League-Cup-Personally this was the only trophy I had not yet won in England. My ambition was to win it already this year with Liverpool...if there was such a possibility. Unfortunately not only were we not successful as we were still completely humbled!! 2nd round- Liverpool 0-4 Wigan I almost have no adjectives to describe something so bad. In our own stadium we were completely destroyed by a championship opponent. We were really ashamed. It's true that I did not play with my best 11, but it's still no excuse for such a disaster. The only good thing I pulled out of this day was the opportunity to review Grant Heald, who had been my player at Arsenal. At the end of the competition, Wolves, another championship team beat Man Utd and won this cup.

FA Cup-I had the privilege of winning this historic competition in my 1st year in England. Maybe it could happen the same this season. Ambition was present, but again our participation did not go well. 3rd round- Sheff.Wednesday 1-0 Liverpool Once again,a championship team took us out of the competition on the first try. Losing the game, I still threw to the match from the bench, Tassi, Rahn and Kazi ... but it was too late to stop our early elimination. Contrary to the game against Wigan, this was a much more balanced game and we might deserve better luck. But none of that mattered now ... Farewell to the FA Cup was a hard and sad reality. Definitely the Manchester teams did not laugh at each other in this particular season, in the much-desired final at Wembley Man City was defeated by WBA.

Premier League-Our first game was in a stadium I knew well, Chelsea 2-0 Liverpool.A week later we faced Man Utd in Anfield. The goalless draw prevailed to the end. Our first victory would take place the following week in another stadium where I had already been happy, Arsenal 0-1 Liverpool.Marco Rodrigues in a beautiful header made the only goal of the game in minute 6. In the 10th minute, Ander Fidalgo was sent off.The pressure we were subjected to, was immense, but somehow we were able to hold our precious win. Until the end of December we did some more interesting results, Liverpool 0-0 Man City, Stoke 3-4 Liverpool(2 from Marco Rodrigues, Bruno Rodrigues and Rahn), Man Utd 1-2 Liverpool( 2 from Tassi in a game we ended with only 10 men, against Man Utd is incredible how this situation was always happening with my teams), but it was clear that we did not have the consistency to reach a top-six place. In this period I mentioned we also had some negative results between home draws and even home defeats. In the last game of the year 2043, we played in Anfield, against Arsenal and we lost 1-2(We were winning, but the Gunners were actually stronger than us).
    In January by only 2.9M entered a new midfielder in our squad. A 27-year-old player, I knew him extremely well and knew that he would unquestionably raise our playing quality. His name, Johannes Weissenberger who in the first half of the season had only played two games with Barcelona. For Liverpool he would be a great boost. From January until the beginning of April, we made a sequence of 11 games without losing! Our best of the season. 8 wins and 3 draws that suddenly made us a few points behind the league leader. Our climb in the league table was so impressive, that even with the differences between me and the FA that I will talk about later, I was named in February and March the best manager of the month. Some of the results of the period I mentioned, Liverpool 2-2 Chelsea(1Rahn), Liverpool 5-2 Everton( 2from Kazi, Tassi, Bruno Rodrigues), Yeovil Town 3-3 Liverpool( 2 from Kazi and Marco Rodrigues), Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool(Fidalgo and Marco Rodrigues), Liverpool 4-1 West Ham( Weissenberger, Kazi and Marco Rodrigues), WBA 0-3 Liverpool( Tassi and 2 from Rahn), Everton 2-4 Liverpool( 3 from Rahn and Marco Rodrigues). After the 1-0 defeat in early April against Man City, Liverpool 3-0 Brentford(2 from Marco Rodrigues), Leeds 2-2 Liverpool(1 from Rahn),Liverpool 3-2 Stoke(Rahn, Weissenberger and Kazi). In this second half of the season, we were always between 3rd and 4th place. But always very close to the first two.With just two games to go, we had a difficult trip to Watford. The fight with Tottenham for 3rd place was open and anything could happen. Unfortunately we lost a game where we were much better (9-15 on goal shots) by 3-1. I have nothing against Watford, but what happened in that game was in my humble opinion ... an incredibly scandalous performance of the referee . I felt so annoyed because I really felt during the game that we were playing against 14, that sadly this was my last game for Liverpool. But my exit was not only due to this game, it was an accumulation of unfair situations that created me a huge frustration. In the last game (already without me) Liverpool 2-2 Crystal Palace( Kazi and Marco Rodrigues). Arsenal won the league for the 5th time in a row with 77 points, followed by Man City with 75 points and Tottenham with 71 points. Liverpool finished in 4th place with 68 points. Comparing Liverpool's final numbers 38G 20W 8D and 10L(After January only 3) 73GS-50GC with Arsenal`s final numbers 38G 24W 5D 9L 69GS-33GC we concluded that the details made all the difference. In a Premier League played at a low level (in my opinion) perhaps the title was not the mirage that initially I had thought. Liverpool made the best league classification in 4 years and with(only)73 goals, was the most scoring team in the competition. I do not say that the title was not well delivered, because I think Arsenal deserved it, what I think is that they did not let Liverpool go any further, they prevented us from doing better.
    Before explaining my departure better, the numbers of the most influential players:

Torsten Rahn 24(6) 15G 5A 2MoM and 7.53 rat (Liverpool player of the year) I expected more, I have to confess.
    J.Weissenberger 16(2) 2G 5A 2MoM and 7.33 rat. Crucial in improving our game
    Bruno Rodrigues 30 3G 12A and 7.23 rat. Our captain could have done far better (He had all the capacity for that)
    Catello Tassi 27(4) 7G 1A and 7.06 rat. For a young man, I think he was not bad.
    Marco Filipe 22(2) 3G 1MoM and 6.92 rat. I expected more from him, yet the potential for improvement was there.
    Kazimierowicz 32(5) 11G 6A 4MoM and 7.08 rat. He just needed to be more consistent. But I was pleased with him.
    Ander Fidalgo 26(4) 2G 3A 2MoM and 6.93 rat. He helped us with his experience. For his debut year in England, he reached a satisfactory level.
    Marco Rodrigues 27(8) 11G 4A 3MoM and 7.14 rat. Involved directly in 15 goals, I knew he would be useful. Very young, can only improve.

My sad goodbye to Liverpool-The last time I`ve been in a club where I left without any title conquered, it was already in the distant year of 2023 when I've only been 13 days managing Paços de Ferreira(despite having contributed to their promotion).Obviously leaving Liverpool without any title won, makes me a bit unhappy and very sad The 4th place achieved, however, makes me happy because it meant the goals I had planned earlier in the season had been partially fulfilled. Those who know me well have the notion that I rarely talk about referees. Of course, a team of mine has already been benefited and harmed before, but nothing very relevant. What happened this season (especially after January) was too bad to be true. My first two or three contests about the awful work of the referee, especially full of bad decisions and gross errors in that specific game, the FA even gave me reason. The worst came later. When I realized that there was a clear intention to harm Liverpool with often disallowed goals, or too much not given penaltys in different matches I just could not keep my mouth shut. Even after the punishments that I began to take from the FA through fines and games without being able to sit on the bench (7 games throughout the season) that did not make me slow down with the protests and the complaints. You may not believe it, but I was really hopeful and enthusiastic about my work in Liverpool. After that completely surreal game at Watford, I pondered a lot about the decision to take.
    At the press conference after that game, the Liverpool`s chairman Victor Anschutz surprised everyone and decided to sit next to me. He was known for his ambition to see the club as the best in the country and also for being a very impatient man. I was visibly angry and I was not gentle in the words I used, I even mentioned that the FA since my time at Chelsea (that famous confrontation between me and the FA because of the complaints I made after the Fifa World Club Championship)made me a target to shoot down. However if I was upset, the chairman was pissed completely angry , went even further in the criticism. He said that the FA had all the interest to see London clubs achieve success. He pointed out that he would not allow Liverpool to be disrespected in that way. It was at this same conference that I launched the bomb I had a real job offer from another club, and in the light of recent events, I would possibly leave England. I did not want to leave Liverpool (I told the truth) but I was too old to be deceived.

A day or two later, after convincing the chairman that the best for everyone, the club, me and even him, was for me to leave. The departure of Liverpool was then inevitable. I agreed to move to a club that had only 3 games to make in the 2043/2044 season and yet could win two titles !!
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 23-12-17 at 02:15 AM.

I didn't see that one coming!

In the right place at the right time

Again, I really wanted to stay in Liverpool. Unfortunately for the factors I have already mentioned, I ended up leaving. I was a bit taken aback by the invitation that came up, but it was really very tempting. Especially because in the eventuality that I say yes, I would only play 3 games and could still add two more trophies to my vast curriculum.
    Chelsea making a season far behind of the expected, decided to go and get Bayern Munich`s Emanuele Sembroni, 57-year-old Italian manager. I swear I will never be able to understand these "wise" decisions to abandon a project that is heading for success With the German club in the fight and very well positioned to aim for the achievement of the shield of Bundesliga and still in the UEFA Cup final, leaving the club is just stupid Okay, it's true that the Premier League is probably the best league in the world but who in his right judgment with only 2 or 3 games away from glory, decides to go somewhere else?! Curious, I went to look with a little more attention to the career of this crazy Italian. Manager since 2029, had started in Siena. A little bit to my image(apart from the lack of titles) he had already gone through several clubs, Bologna, Udinese, St Pauli, Milan, Atalanta, Real Madrid, Rayo Vallecano, Latina and Tenerife right before Bayern Munich. In all these years, the greatest achievement of this "genius", was a second place in the Serie A manager of the Year award (with Udinese), With such decision-making as this one of exchanging Bayern for Chelsea, no wonder he was seeing others guys winning with regard to titles. Curious the fact that in 2039/2040 he was chosen by Real Madrid to replace me

A club of the greatness of the Munich giant, it is very difficult to refuse, so when the very strong possibility of achieving immediate success is at stake, evidently that only if I called myself Emanuele Sembroni would I say no to the invitation they made me. On 13 May I was then announced as the new helmsman of Bayern. The last title that this club had conquered, had already been in the season 2041/42, the German League Cup. As for the Bundesliga, we have to go to 2035/2036 to see the last title conquered. After that season, Hamburg won two leagues, Stuttgart another 2 and finally Hamburg with 3 in a row.
    It had been a long time since I'd been in Dortmund, so the Bundesliga was really a league I knew very little about. In Bayern only two guys were not strange to me, Sergio Parodi a 27-year-old forward who had been for the first time called to the Argentine team by me (in 2041 when he was in Rubin Kazan) and Samuel Adjei 31-year-old Ghanaian striker who had the peculiarity of being the elder brother of my former Barcelona player, Prince Adjei.

In just 7 days, Bayern would play all his season, so there was no time to lose. I arrived on 13 May and began to prepare the demanding week ahead. Already on the 14th (Saturday) we received Stuttgart, on 18th we would play the final of the Uefa Cup and finally the last game of the Bundesliga on May 21 in Berlin.
    The situation was favorable in the Bundesliga, missing only two games and Bayern had a 4-point advantage over Hamburg. In other words, a home victory against Stuttgart meant there would be a tough party in Munich.

May 14, Allianz Arena (93 189 people), Munich - FC Bayern 0-2 Stuttgart Worst debut game was impossible. The bottles of champagne were already prepared, the champion's shield was already in the stadium as well and we could not win the game. A strange game, where we were clearly better (11-3 on goal shots) with both teams ending up with 10 men and deciding only with two penaltys(Will the influences of the FA reach Germany ?!). Luckily in the other crucial game for the league accounts, Hamburg went to the Mainz stadium to tie 1-1. Which meant we had a tricky trip to Berlin on the last day, but we were still 3 points ahead.

Uefa Cup Final-The only European missing trophy in my long career. 18 May, Ernst Happel (46 703 people),Wien - Bayern Munich 2-1 RKC Waalwijk An opponent who proved to be more difficult than I expected and that was very motivated by the unprecedented achievement of the Dutch title in this same season. They fought hard and were a team that made us sweat, but in the end our best quality prevailed and I think we were deservedly the winners. At minute 17 Adjei opened the scoring, in the second half they made the momentary 1-1 draw and in minute 88, already very close to the end of the game, we made the 2-1 that made us take the trophy to Munich. But there was no time for many festivities, in a few days we had a very important commitment ahead.

21 May, Olympiastadium (65 604 people), Berlin - Hertha Berlin 0-0 Bayern It was close(too sweaty) a Hertha goal and the title had slipped out of our hands(Curiously in the UEFA Cup semi-finals these same two teams had played each other. Bayern in the two-legged games went into the final with a 5-0 score).Game where our goalkeeper was the MoM I believe the final result was fair still. Few chances of goals from both sides. Hamburg beat Borussia Dortmund in the 90th minute (with a penalty) in the other important game of the day, but that was not enough to prevent us from winning the Bundesliga. Bayern's final numbers, 34G 20W 4D 10L 51GS-31GC and 64 points?!?(the lowest score ever in the Bundesliga)just reflect how this season the league's competition was so low. Which by the way explains how Sembroni was about to(finally)win something.

Funny that I did two games in the Bundesliga, I did not score any goal and still I also received the German Champion's medal Being a little more serious, even if this title is attributed to me, I did not actively participate in its conquest,on the contrary, I almost managed to make the improbable happen.
    So after a week leading the German team, three games, a win a draw and a defeat and ... 2 titles won!!I was preparing myself to finally have a season without gold(with Liverpool), and suddenly I added two more trophies to my title gallery.
    I do not like to brag, it's something that is not part of my way of being but even I have to recognize that my record is something that really impresses. The last year of my career that I failed to win the league where my team was involved, it was already in 2027 when I was in France(with Toulouse) Of course to be more precise and because I was Liverpool`s manager in this same season, the most correct is to say, finish a season without the league won. Even before the brainless Sembroni started his managing career, I was already winning

Fortunately this long and exhausting season had not yet ended for me. It was now time to focus 100% on the Euro 2044 to be played in Denmark. It would be my third Euro with Portugal and once again I would do everything to give my people a big joy and happiness.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 24-12-17 at 01:59 PM.

Road to Denmark

Since I started my career, I have seen almost all the European national teams become champions of Europe,Germany, Belgium, England, Italy, Croatia, Spain and the current holder of the gold trophy,Netherlands. In 2028 (Italy won) and 2032 (Croatia won) I had the privilege of having participated with my national team,Portugal. I know perfectly well that it is a hard competition and very unforeseeable, but still the hope of winning it was very present in me. Shortly after the tragic 2042 World Cup(for me and for Portugal)was over, the draw for the qualifying round of the European Zone meant that Portugal were in Group 3 together with Bosnia, Malta, Iceland, Estonia and Slovenia. With all due respect that these national teams deserve, Portugal had more than an obligation to overcome these opponents and secure a ticket for Euro 2044. With work and with a lot of competence, that's exactly what Portugal did
    In 2042 we made four qualifying matches, Portugal 3-1 Bosnia, Malta 0-6 Portugal, Iceland 0-1 Portugal and Portugal 2-0 Estonia.
    The remaining qualifying games were held in 2043, Slovenia 0-1 Portugal, Bosnia 0-2 Portugal, Portugal 4-0 Malta, Portugal 6-1 Iceland, Estonia 1-0 Portugal(The stone in the shoe, even already qualified and with a team of newcomers,we should have won)and finally Portugal 3-0 Slovenia. Naturally we finished the group in 1st place(10G 9W and 1L, 28GS-3GC)with 27 points. Eleven more points than the 2º place,Slovenia that thus earned the right to dispute the qualifying playoffs.During this campaign, I used nothing less than 51 players!! 5 goalkeepers and 46 field players were the players who contributed to our success. Of course, if I count on the friendly games, this number rises considerably. The headaches(which are good) was now to choose the 23 to board with me to Denmark

the chosen ones

As in Argentina, I can not complain about the players at my disposal. Super stars at the level of Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Figo or Eusébio was something I did not have. However,with the right players and working mostly together(always thinking about the team above all)the results could be favorable. It was not easy to leave some names out, but it's an unpleasant task that has to be done.
    In my final list, there was only one player who had already been with me playing for Portugal. Ricardo Nuno,34 years old, Lorient`s goalkeeper. In 2030 with only 20 years, he debuted in the main team against Argentina. Marco Filipe,Marco Rodrigues,Adriano Leitão, Telmo Pina, Edgar Rocha, Luis Viana(Atlético Madrid and Inter) and António Rodrigues all of them had already worked with me at club level. The case of Marco Rodrigues was perhaps the most curious. He had only played for Portugal in that awesome game at Wembley and then another friendly against France. He had not been called in, to any qualifying game. When we were both in Liverpool, I was very clear with him.I told him that I would not favor anyone at all. But if he scored 10 or more goals for Liverpool in his first ever Premier League season,the chances of him being in the final 23 for Denmark would be very high. That was what happened. He deserved it.
    Apart from these players I mentioned, still highlight some names that were in the 23,António Saavedra(Arsenal),Luis Miguel Moreira(Hamburg),Odiquir Barbosa(Latina), Joaquim Pinheiro(Man Utd), Tiago André Gaspar(Stoke City) and Joaquim Silva(Roma).

We were ready for the competition. Ambition and great desire I did not lack for this Euro 2044. Maybe living up to the old saying, the third time is for once

Glory days

Euro 2044

Group 2 - Portugal, Germany, Scotland and Russia. Group not easy but we would fight a lot to get through to the next stage.

12/06,Brondby Stadion(28 997) - Portugal 2-0 Germany Nothing better than start the competition winning. Especially against such a powerful opponent.A goal in the first half of Marco Filipe and another in the second half by Marco Rodrigues made all the difference. Match with opportunities from both sides, perhaps the very good performance (MoM)of our goalkeeper Ricardo Nuno was decisive. On the German side, Torsten Rahn, Intek and Mathias Fischer were in their starting eleven. In the other group game, easy victory of Russia by 3-0 against Scotland.

18/06, Holstebro Stadion(14 983)- Scotland 1-2 Portugal Two years earlier still with Argentina, I had suffered at the hands of these brave Scots. Hard game as I predicted, we started losing the game. Our goalkeeper always had a lot of work to do throughout the game. He did very well just like in the previous game. Also important was another goal by Marco Filipe that restored the draw in the scoreboard. The 1-1 was perhaps a result adjusted to what was happening. Marco Rodrigues had other ideas and made question to decide the victory in the game (and consequent qualification for the second phase of the competition) with the goal that made the 1-2. So the two Portuguese players that I took to Liverpool, with a huge influence in the first two games In the other game of this group, Germany beat Russia 3-2

21/06, Holstebro Stadion(14 969)- Russia 1-3 Portugal Match more important to them than to us, we did what we competed and we managed to make the full of victories at this stage. We made the 0-1 and at minute 58 our left back, António Rodrigues saw the red card. A few minutes later came the 1-1 that sparked the uncertainty as to what could happen. Perhaps the Russians have accused the pressure of having to win the game, because even in numerical inferiority, it was my team who scored twice. Germany also moved into the quarter-finals by beating Scotland 1-0

Sometimes you get that feeling that the stars are aligning in your favor. I honestly felt those good vibes. Not only because of our 3 wins, but also because I saw Spain, Italy, France and England surprisingly being kicked out of this Euro 2044 in the group stage. Neither the serious injury suffered by António Saavedra(one of the most influential and experienced players in the team)in our second game and that sent him off the pitch for about 2 months took away my optimism. Anyway, we had to keep working to get as far as possible.

Quarter-Finals

25/06 - Brondby Stadion(28 995) - Denmark 0-2 Portugal Playing against the host country is never an easy task. I knew that despite the obvious difficulties we would find, if we were at our level, we had enough arguments to get through Denmark. Fortunately that's what happened. Luis Miguel Moreira and Joaquim Silva were the scorers. In the other games, Belgium beat Croatia after extra time(3-2),Netherlands beat Ireland (3-1) and Germany also needed extra time to eliminate Turkey (1-0).

Last 4

29/06, Brondby Stadion(28 957)- Portugal 3-1 Belgium One-way game, we deservedly guaranteed the passport for the final game. 1-0 by Luis Miguel Moreira, 2-0 by O.Barbosa and 3-0 by the Azorean kid, Marco Rodrigues. Already in the final moments of the game, Belgium scored the goal of honor. In the other semi-final in a classic Netherlands-Germany was the orange team who took the best out of it(2-1). For the first time, I had the opportunity to play the decisive match of a competition of this dimension, with Portugal. Most important, I overflowed with confidence.

Euro 2044 FINAL

03/07, Telia Parken( 54 987), Copenhagen - Portugal 3-2 Netherlands PORTUGAL WAS NOW THE NEW EUROPEAN CHAMPION Very intense game against the Netherlands who defended his own title and who did everything to win this final. It was a hard battle that we fought, but fortunately everything went well for us. Joaquim Silva made it 1-0, Nélson Morais(central back from Freiburg) made it 2-0 and everything seemed well underway. Obviously a team with the quality of our opponent, reacted and managed to make it 2-1. With chances of goals to happen for both sides, it was Portugal who scored another goal making the 3-1 through O.Barbosa that gave us more comfort. Then in the beginning of the second half at minute 49 they made it 3-2. With plenty of time to play, anything could happen. I never gave up on our idea of game and did not want to send my team to the defense in order to insure the result. On the contrary, we continued to try to score more goals. None of the teams re-scored and as soon as the referee finished the match, we madly celebrated our conquest

Finally, success at the national team level has arrived. I could not be more pleased. Especially because it was with the colors of my country that I conquered this achievement.
    My job requires many hours of dedication and work, but now it was time to celebrate

Great Congrats on winning the euro!

Now we want to know if you'll take Portugal to the World Cup!

Hell of a last couple of seasons with Barcelona, I thought you may have hung round a couple of months just to land that Intercontinental Cup. Disappointed in you leaving Liverpool so early, and without a trophy to your name at the least, but I suppose the chance to get a quick double with Bayern Munich was a tempting offer.

Conflicting stuff internationally, a poor World Cup with Argentina but a great Euros with Portugal. One more season with Bayern and then hopefully a fairy tale return to Benfica to close out your career managing them and Portugal.

Another good conversation with my friend Jonathan

On 9 August, a week before starting another season in the Bundesliga, I had the pleasure of meeting my good friend Jonathan Woodgate in Athens. It was quite by chance that we met in the beautiful Greek city I just mentioned. BBC Sport was doing some work on the historic 1st time ever Olimpiakos relegation to Greek B National division and Jonathan was the reporter in charge of covering those news. I had been visiting some people at my greek former club. To be a bit more specific, I took Bayern to a friendly game against Trikala(0-0). When Jonathan learned that I was there, he invited me to a conversation(interview) in Athens in a very symbolic place, in the imposing and historic Parthenon.I did not have much time (I had to go back to Munich and prepare the team for the Bundesliga start) but I was glad to talk with Jonathan. After the greetings, the strong hug we gave and after we talked a little bit off record, the lights were pointed at us.

A huge pleasure to have you here with me, Rodrigo Azevedo!
    -It's my pleasure, I always like to talk to you,my friend. You were not young when you were my player, but you helped me a lot at the beginning of my career. Therefore, I will always be grateful to you.
    How does it feel to be a European champion with your national team?
    -It's unbelievable. It is not at all easy to describe the sensations we feel after a conquest of this dimension.It was something that I had been chasing for some time and fortunately happened just a few weeks ago. Normally I'm not a very expansive person, but believe me when I tell you that I'm truly happy.
    World Cup of 2046 to be played in Sweden and Norway. What are your expectations? Do you believe that you can also achieve success in that event?
    -Winning a World Cup for Portugal is another dream I have. Obviously I will do everything to achieve it, even though I know that the difficulties are immense.The best teams,the best players, incredibly competent managers, all this we find in this type of competition. In fact, even before we think so far ahead, it is necessary to achieve and ensure our presence on the WC. We are now well on the way to achieving that, but we can not be distracted at all. I know I'm boring with this conversation, but only if we stay focused and continue to work, we can achieve our goals.As European Champion, we have increased responsibilities to have a good participation. It went well in Denmark, maybe in the Nordic neighbors we can repeat our good performance of Euro 2044
    Speaking in World Cup,what went wrong with Argentina?I must confess I did not expect you to take up that challenge,especially after our last conversation. But even more surprised I was,to see that you could not leave a mark for Argentina
    -You're right. That invitation to lead Argentina was completely unexpected. I told you that I did not want any more national teams action, but the truth is that I could not refuse that project for several reasons that do not matter now. I will not try to make excuses for what happened, things just did not work out between me and Argentina. It was a sad ending, no one likes being sacked but there was no other way out, given the poor results I had.Copa América started well for us but ended up terribly bad and the World Cup was in my opinion a disaster from the beginning to the end. I do not run away from my responsibilities and I assume without any problem that I failed as a manager with Argentina.
    If time went back, would you have refused that job?
    -I do not think so. I would say yes again. I was treated very well and I can only say good things about everyone I worked with. Even for the fans I was very cherished. I'm sorry it did not go well, but life is not always perfect. I wish the best luck in the world for Argentina. That they lose only when they play against Portugal.
    Some press speaks of your Midas touch. You arrive at Bayern Munich, you only play five games and suddenly you have 3 more titles!!How do you do that?
    -There is no secret, not even a magic formula.Everything I have achieved in my career is always based on work. You know, somebody once said that even luck you only have it with work and I believe it. I have never sat in the shadow of what I have conquered in the past, I always look for more and better. Now, of course, in a club like Bayern Munich you are always closer to success.I can not deny also that when I arrived in Munich, the club was already very close to getting their hands on two trophies. I was just one more person to help. Let's just say I gave the final push!
    Do you plan to stay in Munich for a long time? Is this your last job? Is there any hope of returning to your Benfica?
    -I just arrived in Munich a few months ago. I only signed for two years. But we'll see what the future holds for me. Time has taught me that nothing is taken for granted, anything can happen. The career of a football manager is very unpredictable. I really like this project, we have good expectations for this season that will start now and at the moment I only think about Bayern. And of course, Portugal. I honestly do not believe this is my last job at the club level. The goal is to finish in 2050, which means that I do not have many years to go. To return to Benfica is something that I long for and that could have happened already, but unfortunately it does not depend solely on me. If my wish really comes true then yes will be the perfect end to my career. But now, I repeat, focused on my work with Bayern.
    Why did you exchange Real Madrid for Barcelona?
    - Ahahahah, good question Jonathan! I knew you'd talk about it.I spent three very good years in Madrid with Real. Everything went well and I must say I was treated very well. I feel a great honor to have managed to revitalize that huge club. In fact, not only did I help to rebuild the club, I also helped the club to win titles again. I am not lying when I say that it was a great pleasure to have worked at Real. Maybe today, my name is not very well seen in Madrid, but the happy times I lived there, that nobody takes me away. I am part of the recent history of Real and that is something that can not be erased. As for Barcelona, ​​when the invitation came ... I just could not refuse. I loved the project they introduced to me and I felt I had to take that step in my career. When I was a kid, I was about 15 or 16 years old. I was there for the first time(in the city of Barcelona) and I was delighted with what I saw. Perhaps I was also influenced by my good friend Leo, who insisted that I take the job at that club. It's never easy to swap a giant club for another giant club, especially when it comes to its biggest rival. I took that risk and fortunately things went wonderfully well for me and also for Barcelona.
    Did you expect to win so many trophies in Barcelona?
    -The old question, if I say no, I'm being modest if I say yes I'm being arrogant. Of course I did not expect such success. Especially the last two seasons where we only missed the Intercontinental Cup. The absurd amount of trophies I won in Barcelona surprised everyone and even myself. In a club as powerful as Barça you are always closer to the victories,to the trophies, but still those last two seasons were really impressive. I spent four fantastic seasons in that club, which required me a lot of effort, dedication and work. But the reward was worth it without any doubt.
    I imagine it was not easy to leave the club!Are you sorry for that decision?
    -It was very difficult to make the decision to leave.But sometimes you get to the point where you find that you need to change, you need new challenges in your life. I was in a super comfortable situation. Staying in Barcelona would always be the easiest step for my career. However, deep down I knew I needed a new project, a new challenge. I was very cherished and everyone made a lot of effort to keep me in the club, but the desire to change and to find a new club eventually prevailed.I am not at all sorry about the decision I made. Knowing myself as I know, I'm absolutely sure I would do exactly the same thing if time went back.
    Which player impressed you the most in Barcelona?
    -I do not want to individualize at all. I prefer to highlight the collective.In Barcelona I had an exceptional set of players.World class players of huge quality which were absolutely decisive for our success as a team. I could talk about player A or player B, but I prefer to praise the group.
    You come to Liverpool with great expectations and delusions. In England some social media says that you left the club by the back door. What do you think about what happened in Liverpool?
    -Regardless of what is being said or written, and of all the speculation that exists about my departure from the club,what really interests me is that the truth be known I have already talked about this, and I speak again without any problem, I never hid the real reasons that led me to leave Liverpool. A man at my age, no longer has the pacience to play with serious things, and unfortunately I felt that they were positively playing, fooling around with Liverpool. The referees have every right to make mistakes, mistakes can happen, now what can not and should not happen are constant bad decisions always harming the same team. I felt on the skin, that they were premeditatedly deceiving us. And that, my friend, is something I simply do not tolerate. Believe me when I say that I was really committed and very satisfied with what I was doing at the club.
    I'm sorry I'm sticking my finger in the wound, but would it have been the same if Bayern's invitation has not come up?
    -I can see where you want to go. Maybe I had not left at that exact time, the possibility of going to Munich might have sped up a little bit my exit.However, the decision to leave Liverpool was irreversible. Me and the FA have a lot of disagreements and if I stayed in Liverpool would not be good for the club.
    I assume that in the short time you have as football manager, you will not return to work in England
    -I've already learned my lesson, never say no. Although realistically that possibility is a scenario almost impossible to happen.
    With so many trophies won, you have to have one more special than another. Euro 2044 aside,what was the most tasty trophy you won?
    -Tough question! You make me think a little about it. I do not want to get into comparisons, my three Champions League wins were very high and unforgettable moments.I also remember the immense pleasure that was that almost perfect game of Charity Shield with Arsenal. I do not know, is hard to say which was the most tasty. If it is in the sense of being tasty because it was the hardest conquest, the most complicated trophy I ever got has most likely been the Copa del Rey with Atlético Madrid. Our journey to the final and the victorious match at the Bernabéu against Barcelona marks my career. It really was an incredible feat.
    Rodrigo, it's always a pleasure to talk with you. Good luck for this new season that will start soon and thank you for the time you have given us.
    -The pleasure is mine. Always good to see old friends, thank you and see you next time.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 08-01-18 at 12:23 PM.

Got to fancy your chances in the World Cup even more with it in Scandinavia like your Euros win.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Got to fancy your chances in the World Cup even more with it in Scandinavia like your Euros win.
    I thought the same. It might be that a World Cup in Scandinavia could be a good sign for my team. Let's see what happens

Nice post to wrap up everything. Do you have a list of everything you've been able to win until now?

Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    Nice post to wrap up everything. Do you have a list of everything you've been able to win until now?
    Thanks I have all the data of everything that I have already conquered in almost 30 seasons!! When I get to the season 2049/2050 I will make a slightly more complete summary. At this moment and about to start the season 2045/2046 I have 24 leagues won, 33 cups won and 21 individual awards I hope I can increase these numbers until the end of my career.

Bayern Munich

Working for immediate success

When I got to the club, I hardly had time to think of anything other than to prepare the players available for the games that we would have to face. Bayern´s future would have to stay for later, the focus was exclusively the immediate results. Luckily we managed to snatch the two trophies in dispute.
    The reality of this huge German club was something that really impressed me. The Youth Academy was fully operational, working conditions were among the best I had seen in my career and financially I have to recognize ... I've never seen anything like this. The financial director warned me not to go crazy and spend only what was necessary for new signings, but believe it or not the club had enriched so much in recent years that had generated revenues of more than 1.50B?!?
    The squad had some good players, but for what I had in mind, I needed to necessarily bring reinforcements. Bundesliga was a priority objective, but my ambition does not allow me to stop fighting for other competitions. And fortunately Bayern would play many competitions this season
    For my staff, arrived at the club 4 new scouts, 2 new coaches and 1 assistant manager. One of the coaches I hired was again Renato Sanches. He had the advantage of having spent many years in this club and spoke fluent German. As for the squad, I made the changes that I felt were necessary.
    12 players left (2 in January only). While not obviously a priority or a necessity to the club, we still manage to achieve 40M in sales. In the opposite direction, 17 new players entered Bayern (2 only in January also). I brought some young players thinking about the future(some for free). But as my plan was mainly to point to short-medium term success, I spent some money on players already with a name. 66M was the amount spent in total. A quick glance at some of the new names that have come to Munich,
    Nascimento- Brazilian midfielder of 24 years who came from Barcelona in exchange for 5.5M (plus variables)
    Marcos Sanz-28-year-old Spanish goalkeeper who also came from Barcelona for 5.5M
    Davide Buondonno-22-year-old Italian defensive midfielder who came from Barcelona by 2.1M He had practically only played for Barcelona B. But I trusted him.
    Roberto Bermejo-25-year-old Spanish right-back came from Barcelona for 2.5M In my last season in Barcelona,​​this was one of the few ones that was already in the club even before my arrival. With me in 4 seasons he made 116 games, 6 goals,9 assists, 2MoM and 6.94 rat.
    Marco Rodrigues-Okay, I recognize that this portuguese striker I hired more on a whim than anything else He left Liverpool for 3.3M
    Andreas Andreasen-25-year-old Danish central defender who came from FC Kobenhavn for 1.9M Although already advised by my scouts, I had seen him in action at Euro 2044 and I was very pleased.
    Two more players arrived in the deadline, on the last day of the summer transfer market
    Damien Baret- 25-year-old French international midfielder came from Zaragoza by 32M! Very expensive, but a huge quality player
    Sebastian Salas-U21 Argentine international midfielder from River Plate for 3M I always keep an eye on this Argentine club, so many were the players that I already fished at River Plate I might not need him, and he came well above its real value, but his tremendous potential made me bet on him.

Unfortunately the Bundesliga starts very early, which does not give me much time for pre season games. In fact, not only did I have to worry about the League, but also about the German League Cup. With time running against us, I went only a few days to Madrid(Real Madrid B 0-4 Bayern and Atletico Madrid B 0-3 Bayern)
    and after the first official competition already played(German League Cup) we went to Trikala for a friendly game (0-0)
    We were prepared for the long season and eager to achieve success.

A few Barca players you should know very well as well as Marco Rodrigues, but all eyes will be on Baret for that fee!

A few Barca players you should know very well as well as Marco Rodrigues, but all eyes will be on Baret for that fee!
    I only brought 4 players from Barcelona because I could not conclude any other deal with the Catalan club. I've tried more players Damien Baret is a player I have been following for some time, I tried several times to hire him when I was in Barcelona but for various reasons the deal was never done. When I got to Bayern, I thought about this French player. After weeks of hard and intense negotiations with Zaragoza, on the last day of the market I finally managed to bring him to work with me. Here is a brief summary of his career,
    He appeared in 2036/2037 in Marseille where he only played in 3 official matches. In 2037/2038 he went to Dunkerque in return for 1.1M where he stayed for four seasons, 137 Games 25 goals and 22 assists. In 41/42 he chose not to renew with the French club and went for free to Zaragoza. When I tried to intrude on this deal, it was too late. In that Spanish club he made 3 good seasons, 101 Games 20 goals and 23 assists. To mention also that since his 22 years, he has been a regular presence in the French national team squad

Bayern Munich

Season 2044/2045-German machine

In a short time, I managed to change this German team a little bit. The team was now much more solid and consistent. Not wanting in any way to belittle the work done by my predecessor ,I assure you that this Bayern was stronger and played much better than last season. Let's see then what happened this season

German League Cup- Semi Final -Mercedes-Benz Arena(81 192),Stuttgart - FC Koln 0-2 Bayern / Final - Signal Iduna Park(120 854),Dortmund -Bayern 1-0 Hamburg Game that we ended up dominating naturally because they were reduced to 10 men at the 13th minute, Bermejo made the only goal of the match with approximately 15 minutes still to play. In only 5 games, I won my 3rd trophy for Bayern. Ironic of that happening in my former german club's stadium.

European Super Cup- Cadiz surprisingly(or maybe not) had succeeded Barcelona last year as European champion. They won the final against Stuttgart and therefore it would be against this Spanish opponent that I would dispute this competition. I expected a tough game and that's what really happened.
    Santiago Bernabéu(69 373),Madrid - Bayern 1-1(3-2)Cadiz Oh, it was close. Very resilient team we faced. The luck of the game seemed to be on our side, but honor be made, our opponents did not make it any easier. At 18 minutes, a straight red card for a player from Cadiz. Even with 10, they endured and managed to withstand our strong offensive line. At minute 64 and even with one less player, they opened the scorer. We were now in trouble. In the 79th minute, Adjei made the 1-1 that makes us breathe with relief. Until the end of the 90 minutes and during the 30 minutes of extra time we tried in every way to break their resistance. We simply were not able to avoid the lottery of the penalties to decide the winner. Luck ended up smiling at us or we were more competent(depending on the point of view) because we made 3 goals and they only made 2. Once again, in a stadium where I had already been happy in the past, another trophy won.

German Cup- High expectations for a trophy I had not achieved with Dortmund.1st Round - Altenholz 1-3 Bayern. Against a team from lower divisions, I chose to bring the less-used players and even some of the reserve team to the game.2nd Round -Bayern 1-2 Energie Cottbus We were out.It hurts even more to have been in our own home. We should have done a lot more, although I recognize that the circumstances of the game made our task much more harder. Early in the game (min.7) we were with one less man(red card) we managed to make 1-0 by Adjei but unfortunately they reacted and managed to reverse the result.Later this team, Energie Cottbus went to the final of this competition where they were beaten by Karlsruhe

Fifa World Championship- Played in Ukraine from 5 to 18 December. On 3 December we went to Mainz (0-2) for the Bundesliga and only two days later we were playing this competition. Personally I had won this competition before, but the desire to win again was very high and we faced this event with the sole aim of winning it.
    05/12 Donbass Arena(52 499)Donetsk -Bayern 2-1 New York Metrostars.Scarce result in view of the many opportunities we have had throughout the game. Only in minute 93, Baret scored the winning goal.
    12/12 Donbass Arena(52 477)Donetsk -Wellington Phoenix 1-6 Bayern Two goals from Parodi and one from Kuhn among others.Match too easy for us!!
    13/12 NSC Olimpiyskiy(79 795)Kiev -MC Alger 1-4 Bayern.Two more goals from Baret and one from Nascimento helped to overcome a very accessible opponent.
    Semi-Final
    14/12 Butovsky Vorskla(24 945)Poltava -Al Jazira 0-3 Bayern.One goal from Kuhn and 2 from our wonder kid, Seba Salas. We were in the final. Still, I was really mad Who was the "genius" who organized this competition? Three games in three days?!A little more and they had scheduled a game for the morning and another for the afternoon!! Luckily my squad besides having immense quality was also extensive.
    Final
    18/12 NSC Olimpiyskiy(56 491)Kiev -Bayern 2-2(4-3)Cadiz Hell,this Spanish team was really a hard nut to crack. The opponent that I did not want(I knew it would be very tough) in this final.Adjei made it 1-0, they made the 1-1.Nascimento has again put us ahead with the 2-1. Once again, they canceled our advantage and made the 2-2. With 78 minutes played, professional foul and Cadiz reduced to 10 men. With the history of the European Super Cup happening again, we were not able to re-score any goal. Penalty shootout to decide the winner! Nascimento started and failed. They also failed. Andreasen missed his shot. Cadiz scored and we were now behind 0-1. Adjei scored. They didn`t score, 1-1. Buondonno made 2-1 ,advantage cancelled soon after they scored the 2-2. Marco Rodrigues failed. Fortunately, they also failed. Baret did not shake and made the 3-2. Cadiz player made the 3-3. Bermejo(player more than accustomed to winning trophies)made it 4-3.Cadiz player could not fail next. If he did, the party would be ours. He kicked, Marcos Sanz guessed the side where the ball went and Bayern was the new holder of this title

Champions League- Group A , Midtjylland 1-2 Bayern,Bayern 4-0 Espanyol( 2 from Nascimento, Bermejo and Marco Rodrigues), Nice 2-1 Bayern (Salas scored. In the French team it was nice to see again two former players,Padovani and Monterde) Bayern 2-0 Nice(Baret, Adjei), Bayern 3-0 Midtjylland(Kuhn and Parodi) and Espanyol 0-0 Bayern (Marcos Sanz being MoM)
    Group D -Death group with Juventus, Man City and ... Barcelona
    Bayern 1-1 Barcelona( Baret made it 1-0 and already after the 90th min, Milan made the final 1-1), Juventus 0-1 Bayern(Nascimento), Man City 1-1 Bayern(Kuhn's winning goal canceled already near the end), Bayern 4-0 Man City( 2 from Parodi and 1 from Marco Rodrigues), Barcelona 1-0 Bayern(Woodhouse being the MoM and again their winning goal appeared after the 90th minute)and Bayern 3-2 Juventus( Parodi and Seba Salas). For the next phase, Barcelona qualified in 1st place and we naturally in 2nd.
    In the last eight teams, Cadiz, Adanaspor, Freiburg, Bayern and four teams I knew very well, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Inter and Barcelona.
    Quarter Final,1st Leg - Inter 1-2 Bayern. Parodi and Baret were our scorers. The Italian team finished the game with only 9 players. We should have solved this tie right away. 2nd Leg - Bayern 6-1 Inter My good friend Lucarelli. We crushed without mercy my dear Inter. Two goals from Marco,two from Nascimento one from Salas and one from Kuhn. We have given a great proof of strength here and we came to be seen as one of the candidates for final victory. In the other quarter final games, Barcelona dropped Arsenal, Cadiz eliminated Real and the Turkish team passed by the other German team still in the race.
    Semi Final, 1st Leg - Bayern 4-0 Adanaspor Two goals from Seba Salas,one from Parodi and one from Adjei left us very close to the final. I felt the team very confident and I knew that with these players success would be just around the corner.
    2nd Leg - Adanaspor 4-1 Bayern I take the blame here, I played with the fire and almost got extremely bad. I took to this game, a completely modified team.I was punished for my audacity, but luckily it was us who got the ticket to the final.They were winning 2-0, Rossbach made the crucial 2-1, they made it 3-1 and when they made it in the 90th minute 4-1, it was too late for them. I longed for a Bayern-Barcelona final, it would have been perfect for me. But the annoying Cadiz had other ideas and it was against them that we had to play.They won brilliantly 1-2 at Camp Nou(after a goaless draw in the 1st leg) and deserved a place in the final.
    This German giant had won the Champions League long ago in 2021 against Real Madrid.In 2029 they lost the final against Chelsea and only one season later, they lost again. This time against Toulouse. I knew that although we were playing against a very hard team(and Champions League Trophy holders),favoritism was on our side.We only had to prove within the four lines, that we were stronger. This season would already be the third final against this team and remember that in the other two we only prevailed after the penalty shoot-out.
    FINAL- Hampden Park(46 856),Glasgow -Cadiz 0-1 Bayern No penalty kicks this time. We were always better, of course they are a good team and would never make it easier, but thanks to our higher quality we managed to reach the victory deservedly. In the 50th minute, with an essential assist of Buondonno, Seba Salas made the only goal of the match. After winning the UEFA Cup last season, Bayern reached the biggest European club trophy.
    Curious that I also got to the conquest of my fourth Champions League and all of them had been against Spanish opponents.

Bundesliga- Even before the start, I knew of the difficulty I would encounter in this league. It was like that with Dortmund and it would be no different with Bayern. We ended up winning , but Hamburg gave us a tremendous fight. We started the competition with an exciting good win against Schalke 04,4-0( Adjei, Kuhn and Parodi).Curious that after that game,we had 4 games in a row without knowing the taste of victory, Hertha Berlin 2-1 Bayern, Leverkusen 2-1 Bayern, B.Dortmund 1-1Bayern(Nascimento) and Hamburg 2-2 Bayern(Kuhn and Marco Rodrigues). Because of our bad start and because of the games delayed by our participation in the FIFA World Championship only on Matchday 21 we started to fight seriously for the 1st place in the table. Always with Hamburg. Some of our most relevant results, Bayern 4-0 Magdeburg(2 from Marco and 1 Adjei), Freiburg 1-2 Bayern(Buondonno),Bayern 4-2 FC Koln(Adjei, Salas and 2 from Andreasen), Bayern 1-0 Stuttgart(Nascimento),Bayern 5-0 Bochum(Kuhn,Salas,Adjei and Buondonno),Bayern 3-1 Hertha Berlin(2 Kuhn, Marco Rodrigues),Schalke 04 0-2 Bayern(Adjei, Buondonno), Bayern 3-2 Hamburg(Nascimento,Bermejo and Adjei), Bayern 5-0 Leverkusen( 2 Andreasen and 2 Salas), Bayern 1-0 B.Dortmund( Salas), Bayern 5-1 Energie Cottbus( 2 Marco, 1 Andreasen),Bochum 0-4 Bayern(2 Marco, Adjei and Salas). We were the most regular team, we played better, we were the team that scored more goals and conceded less goals. We could not do better than Ancelotti`s Bayern (2017/2018)but we did 79 points. It was the 4th time that happened after the glorious season I mentioned. Bayern 34 Games 25W 4D 5L 79GS 29GC and 79 points. Hamburg 34 Games 23W 6D 5L 71GS 30GC and 75 points. Spectacular season of our opponent indeed, but fortunately it was not enough to take from us the Bundesliga champion's shield.

My players- It was now only 4 days after our final game in Glasgow. So I have no idea about individual end-of-season distinctions. Anyway, I leave here the numbers of players that were decisive for the collective success,
    Marcos Sanz 49 39GC 1MoM and 7.33 rat. Without the shadow of Lucarelli and Woodhouse, finally the number 1 of his team.
    Roberto Bermejo 36(1) 3G 8A and 7.08 rat. I brought him to Bavaria precisely for his regularity.
    Andreas Andreasen 52(1) 8G 5A 1MoM and 7.25 rat. He scored all his goals in the Bundesliga, mostly through direct free-kicks. Solid central back, I was very pleased with him.
    Davide Buondonno 46(5) 4G 7A 2MoM and 7.41 rat. Pleasant surprise, he was one of my two distinguished players with the prize of the best of the month.
    Damien Baret 33(8) 8G 7A 7MoM and 7.54 rat. Good numbers, but both me and him, we know he can and will give more in the future.
    Lukas Kuhn 40(2) 14G 15A 6MoM and 7.55 rat. The other player who won the prize I mentioned above. Making his tenth season at the club at age 30, this very good midfielder had only 10 call ups for Germany. Unfairly as it is easy to see.
    Nascimento 41(4) 14G 11A 5MoM and 7.62 rat. I really do not know how Barcelona let him out. Now it was not my problem for sure. The only player that the board says to be indispensable in the squad
    Sebastian Salas 36(7) 20G 7A 3MoM and 7.63 rat. Bayern's top scorer, a young player with tremendous potential.
    Samuel Adjei 38(6) 16G 5A 4MoM and 7.80 rat. Good performances, but few goals in my opinion.
    Sergio Parodi 28(9) 13G 4A 4MoM and 7.51 rat. One of the few disappointments I've had. I expected much more from this Argentinean forward
    Marco Rodrigues 31(1) 14G 7A 5MoM and 7.30 rat. He did not disappoint me, he was useful, but like the other players of my offensive line, I expected more.

So,another incredible year for me, with many achievements. But only 4 days after the end of the season, something can happen ... again
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 05-01-18 at 06:29 PM.

What should I do next?

At this moment and after a glorious season(one more) I have several possibilities open for my career. Objectively I am under contract with Bayern, I have a real job offer from a big club and I have 3 other clubs that I can go to if I want to. Honestly and despite what I just wrote, I'm only really considering two options.
    Anyway, here's what I can do at this point in my career.

Besiktas-Return to Istanbul through the "black eagles". They finished the Turkish League in 14th and the last time they won it, it was already in 2031. I was happy in that city with Fenerbahce, but it is very unlikely that I will return there.

Espanyol-When there is still a day to finish La Liga, the Catalan club is in 8th place. Ever since I started my career, I've never seen this club win anything at all.
    Because of my recent "Blaugrana" past, I will hardly return to Catalonia through this door.

Chelsea- Another year seeing Arsenal celebrating the Premier League title, they finished in a modest 9th place. They are without a manager because Sembroni decided to leave this London club to take over ... UCAM Murcia?!?! club that is still struggling to escape relegation in La Liga. This Italian genius who just can not stop surprising me So stupid that it hurts I was relatively happy when I was with Chelsea, but it is certainly a closed chapter in my career.

Barcelona- The concrete job offer I have in my hands right now. They just fired Nicolas Lombaerts and of course they thought about my return to the club. Logically I must say. In the two years following my departure, the club won the Spanish Super Cup, the Intercontinental Cup and the European Super Cup. Not bad if you ask me...to any other club. For Barcelona of course it is manifestly a poor record. In La Liga Real Madrid is already two-time champion and in Copa del Rey last season Seville won, and in this one that is about to end the winner was Real Madrid. In La Liga still with the last game of the season to make, Barcelona is in 5th place and can only go down. Climbing to a Champions League place is no longer possible. So if I eventually decide to come back, I will not play Champions League with Barcelona the next season. I confess that it is a very interesting challenge the possibility of return to the Catalan club. I won many trophies in 4 years and of course it is a club for which I have a lot of sympathy. But because I have won so much and expectations are so high, I do not know if it is a good idea to go back. Because it was so fantastic, so incredible, I do not want to ruin everything I have done in this big club.

Staying in Munich- Usually when faced with various possibilities, I have chosen to leave. At this moment and being as sincere as possible, I think I'm more inclined to stay.Of course I have a strong sentimental connection with Barcelona, ​​but I'm really enjoying the work I'm doing in Munich. It's not even the fact that next season I have another handful of competitions( and titles ) to play

So, what should i do next ?!

I’d definitely be moving on after a fantastic season with Bayern, the only blemish that German Cup defeat.

Saying that the options aren’t that great, I certainly wouldn’t return to Barcelona, while Espanyol and Besiktas are rivals of your previous jobs (not that would stop you), so that leaves a return to Chelsea maybe.

I’d definitely be moving on after a fantastic season with Bayern, the only blemish that German Cup defeat.

Saying that the options aren’t that great, I certainly wouldn’t return to Barcelona, while Espanyol and Besiktas are rivals of your previous jobs (not that would stop you), so that leaves a return to Chelsea maybe.
    I see your point of view. It makes sense what you wrote Still, I decided to stay in Munich for another year. It was very hard for me to refuse Barcelona's job offer, but I feel that if I returned, I would hardly do what I did before. I will stay with Bayern this year, I will try to win as many trophies as I can and then I will look for another club to continue my career.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast