Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Until 2050

Go back to spain... You trained atletico and real... Barcelona is the only team from that city that you trained... so...

Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    Go back to spain... You trained atletico and real... Barcelona is the only team from that city that you trained... so...
    I see your logic, but now it's too late. I decided to stay with Bayern for another season

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigoazevedo View Post
    I see your logic, but now it's too late. I decided to stay with Bayern for another season
    I was just kidding.

Yes, that challenge would have been a great challenge but a coach like you with that reputation is too big for Espanyol

Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post

...but a coach like you with that reputation is too big for Espanyol
    You are right, true sentence indeed

Bayern Munich

Further strengthening the German machine

As I decided to stay in Munich, the preparation of the new season was made with great care and with the clear objective of not slowing down our ambition. Of course we won a lot of trophies last season, but it was imperative that we not fall asleep in the shadow of our own success. Fortunately I had at my disposal a squad made up of players of great quality, but even when you have a well-oiled and calibrated machine there is always the possibility of making improvements. 9 were the players who left (profit of 18.25M) and 12 new players arrived at Bayern( 2 Brazilian U21s only arrived in January). I also hired a Portuguese scout, Luis Miranda for my prospecting department.
    I spent 71M on the new players that joined the club and once again, just like last season, it was in Barcelona I got some players I wanted. At least the best known and most important ones. For free, Jean Philippe Dufour, French central back 32 years old. He made in the Catalan club 217 games, 12 goals, 18 assists, 6MoM and 6.92 rat. I hired him mainly because of his experience playing at the highest level.
    Mathias Fischer- 29 years old. An operation that cost us 28.5M plus 9.5M after 40 games in Munich. In the two seasons in Barcelona without me,94 games 8G, 22A,5MoM and 7.25 rat. In 2044/2045 FIFA World Player of the Year award he was chosen for the third place. My midfield already had players of huge quality and a Seba Salas growing more and more, but I knew that this German international would add even more quality to our team. When Bayern announced his signing, many supporters gathered around the stadium celebrating the news. In fact, the same thing happened to the player I'm going to talk about next.
    Goran Kolar- only 25 years old. With this Croatian star, I spent 32M plus 9.5M when he reaches 40 games with Bayern. In the last two seasons in Barcelona, ​​he had 87 games, 30G, 11A,13MoM and 7.56 rat.Not so impressive numbers, but I have to highlight the fact that he had a serious injury that affected his performance last season. In 2043/2044 in the Spanish Player of the Year prize he was in 3rd place. I already had good strikers and forwards, but Kolar was definitely an upgrade for the team.
    For free we also went to get an excellent Argentine central back of 20 years, Franco Falcón. U21 International he came from PSG where he did 4 good seasons. Very young and with all the potential to develop even more.

The German League Cup is a competition that is played too early(in my opinion) which ends up ruining my plans for the preparation of the new season. However it is what we have and therefore we have to adapt to that. Already after having played and won the competition I mentioned I took my team to Buenos Aires, Argentina. We beat Argentinos Juniors(1-2) and also my friends from River Plate (1-5). We returned to Europe, where we went to Glasgow to play against Celtic (we lost 1-0) and we finished the pre-season in our Allianz Arena. In the Gerd Muller Cup,we beat Barcelona (3-2)and tied with Liverpool(1-1 We lost our friendly tournament in the penalty shoot-out 3-4).

My ambition is already well known. Regardless of what I have already achieved, I always try to win all the competitions that my team contests. For 2045/2046 Bayern Munich would play no less than 7 trophies! Now that I have the best team in Europe, perhaps in the World (in my modest opinion), of course, that the goal was to win everything.

Two stellar signings there mate, let's hope they do the business

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Two stellar signings there mate, let's hope they do the business
    I'm sure they will. Not only because they are both players of undeniable quality, but because they are accustomed to winning

Bayern Munich

Season 2045/2046- Fantastic ... but it could have been perfect

I can not lie, the squad I had was really very good. World-class players, young players of immense potential, experienced players, in short I could not complain about lack of solutions. Neither quality nor quantity. Theoretically we enter all competitions as favorites, as main candidates. It was our responsability to show why we had so many expectations on our shoulders.
    So let's see what happened...

German League Cup Semi-Final - 11 July, Allianz Arena (95 213) - Bayern 2-0 Freiburg( Bermejo and Parodi) ; Final - 14 July,Signal Iduna Park(120 851) - Bayern 2-1 Karlsruhe(Parodi and Osthoff) At a very early stage of the season, it was good to be able to revalidate our title.

Intercontinental Cup- August 15, Saitama Stadium (53 521) Internacional 1-4 Bayern( Baret, Fischer, Nascimento and Adjei) Brazilian opponents are always very unpredictable, I never know what to expect.But still, I knew we just depended on what we could do.After 90 minutes where we were really much better and stronger, the trophy could only come to our museum in Munich

European Super Cup- Wembley(89 986) Bayern 0-1 PSV I felt great frustration over this defeat. I honestly did not expect us to let this competition go away. The game was very balanced, no team could overcome the opponent clearly and the details turned out to be decisive for the outcome. Adjei was injured in the 44th minute, which was a setback, but we still had all the conditions to beat an opponent who despite their value, I believe to be inferior to our team. We had an obligation to do much more.

FIFA World Championship- De Kuip(41 907)Rotterdam - Bayern 2-0 RKC Waalwijk(Nascimento and Adjei) In a re-run of the UEFA Cup Final that we won,we were once again stronger; Amsterdam Arena(74 573)- Al Ittihad 1-3 Bayern(Adjei, Wendt and Salas) Easy win over a weak opponent; De Kuip(63 264)Rotterdam - Bayen 2-0 Club América(Kolar and N.Campos)We confirmed our status and finished the group stage 100% victorious. Semi-Final- De Kuip(63 293)Rotterdam- PSV 2-1 Bayern No revenge, contrary to my desire. Suddenly I felt on my skin what Cadiz felt the previous season. Analyzing coolly, I think it was a very balanced game. Just like the final of the European Super Cup. Maybe they were slightly better and so they ended up winning. The men of Eindhoven made it 1-0, Wendt re-established the 1-1 and when they re-scored,we just were not able to prevent the negative result. In the final of the competition, PSV beat Corinthians 3-1 and got the trophy that should have been ours

German Cup- I was very clear with my boys, this German Cup would have to be ours. Playing player A or B(I always do a lot of squad rotation in this type of competition), I demanded the greatest commitment from my players. 1st Round - Lotte 0-1 Bayern( Falcón); 2nd Round - Eintracht Braunschweig 0-2 Bayern( Rombach min.105 and 117). It is as difficult to write our opponent's name as it was to beat them Believe it or not, this striker from our academy, Rombach the only two goals he scored in the season was against this opponents of the amateur divisions; 3rd Round - Bayern 1-0 St Pauli( Baret at min 88); Q-Final - Borussia Dortmund 0-5 Bayern( Nascimento, Marco Rodrigues, Andreasen, Kolar and Parodi) Very heavy punishment to my former team that could have been much worse given what we played in this game.We were brilliant indeed; Semi-Final- Bayern 4-0 Freiburg(2 from Parodi, Falcón and Baret) Against a strong team, perhaps the true final in the eyes of many, another very good display of my team;FINAL- Olympiastadion Berlin (74 216) - Bayern 1-0 1860 Munich Against the opponent of our city who had recently been promoted to Bundesliga, a victory that took time to happen. We have always been the best team on the pitch and only our lack of efficiency justifies such a short result(20-6 goal shots) In minute 70, Kuhn made the 1-0. Seconds later the goal was canceled by the referee. We did not lower our arms and we kept pressing and trying to score. Unfortunately we did not stop the 0-0 after the 90 minutes. In extra time the one-way game remained. Our lack of effectiveness in finalization was the biggest obstacle. When everybody already thought that we would be punished for not scoring and the game would get to penalty kicks shootout, Buondonno in the 118th minute made the decisive goal. We won this competition deservedly. 6 games, 14 goals scored and not even a single goal conceded!! I could not be more pleased with my players.

Champions League- Redoubled responsibilities for being the holders of this trophy. Nothing that could frighten us, I might add. Group H - Bayern 2-0 Mechelen(Marco Rodrigues and Fischer), Porto 1-1 Bayern(Salas), Bayern 4-2 Anagennisi Karditsas( 2 from Marco Rodrigues, Buondonno and Fischer), Anagennisi Karditsas 1-1 Bayern(Adjei), Mechelen 2-0 Bayern and Bayern 3-0 Porto(2 from Nascimento and Kolar). Group B - Real Madrid 5-4 Bayern Awesome football match indeed. Real 1-0, Castañeda 1-1, 2-1, 2-2 Baret, 2-3 Marco Rodrigues, 3-3 by my compatriot Adriano Leitão, 3-4 Marco Rodrigues again, 4-4 and with only 3 minutes to play the final 5-4. We lost, but it was an incredible battle. Bayern 4-0 Mallorca(Kuhn, Salas, Adjei, Parodi), Bayern 3-0 Istra 1961( Marco Rodrigues, Buondonno and Salas), Istra 1961 1-0 Bayern, Bayern 4-2 Real Madrid Another crazy game with the giant of Madrid. Two goals from Fischer gave us a good advantage. In the second half they managed to respond and made the 2-2. At the 88th minute, Marcos Sanz was seriously injured. With all the substitutions already made, I had no choice but to put a field player in the goal. I chose Parodi. Playing with only 10 and with a forward acting as an improvised goalkeeper in the 90th minute, Salas made it 3-2. At the last minute of the game, a fabulous shot by Fischer who thus completed his hat trick, closed the game definitively. Absolutely epic. Mallorca 1-4 Bayern(Fischer, Kolar and 2 from Kuhn).
    Quarter Finals - 1st leg - Inter 1-1 Real Madrid ; PSV 5-0 Stuttgart; Palermo 1-1 Freiburg and Cadiz 2-1 Bayern I do not know how I'm surprised to have caught up with this team...again!!They left us in trouble when they made it 2-0, fortunately a goal from Kolar attenuated our disadvantage and left everything open for the second leg.
    2nd leg- Real Madrid 1-0 Inter, Stuttgart 1-0 PSV, Freiburg 1-2 Palermo and Bayern 5-1 Cadiz Two goals from Kolar, Adjei, Andreasen and Marco Rodrigues helped to build this expressive result that mirrors our superiority, although I have to emphasize the fact that they have played with one less player since the 53rd minute (goalkeeper sent off)
    Semi-Finals - 1st leg- Palermo 1-1 PSV and Real Madrid 0-3 Bayern Very different game from the previous two, this time we were clearly better. Goals from Kolar, Parodi and Fischer.
    2nd leg- PSV 1-2 Palermo( It surprised everyone.And so the desire to take revenge on the Dutch team in the final of the competition also died) and Bayern 1-1 Real Madrid. Baret made it 1-0 in a game we dominated and controlled well. When Filip Desmet (also do not know how Barcelona sold him to a rival) made the 1-1 already after the 90 minutes, there was nothing to do. We were in the final.
    FINAL- Stadion Rajko Mitic, Marakana( 55 521), Belgrade - Palermo 0-3 Bayern With 4 minutes played, one German player from Palermo lost his head and pushed Adjei resulting in a direct red card. If we were already favorites, we were even more now. Baret opened the score in the 26th minute. Salas in minute 42 made the 0-2. n the 62nd minute, a goal from Kolar, sealed an undeniable victory. Bayern Munich was now the two-time European champion.

Bundesliga- Honor be made to Stuttgart which fought fiercely until near the end. Unfortunately for them, in the last 4 League games they have not been able to keep up the fight with us. A draw and 3 straight losses in no way tweaks the beautiful campaign they made, 34 Games, 23W 3D 8L , 71GS-36GC and 72 points. An applause for them and an even greater applause for the champions, Bayern Munich 34 Games 27W 5D 2L 86GS-22GC and 86 points. I sincerely believe that no one can even challenge our incredible superiority. We were the best defense of the league, the best attack (in fact, with 86 goals we set a new maximum) and only the 2016/2017 season score(also Bayern with 88 points) has outperformed what we did this year.
    Some of the most relevant results...Bayern 4-1 Stuttgart ( Andreasen, Fischer, Adjei,Kolar) , FC Koln 2-4 Bayern( Wendt, Kuhn, 2 from Adjei), Bayern 4-0 Hamburg( Fischer, Marco, Dufour and Wendt), Freiburg 0-1 Bayern (Kolar), Mainz 0-4 Bayern(Fischer, Kolar, Baret,Nascimento) Bayern 5-0 St Pauli( 2 from Fischer, Nascimento, Salas and Parodi), Bayern 4-1 Karlsruhe( 2 from Salas, Adjei and Kuhn), E.Cottbus 1-4 Bayern ( 2 from Adjei, Fischer and Buondonno) - historical game because it represented my thousandth career victory in official matches , Bayern 5-1 B.Dortmund( 3 from Parodi, Wendt and Andreasen), Bayern 3-2 Koln( 2 from Kolar and Fischer) Hamburg 3-3 Bayern( Fischer, Parodi and Salas), Bayern 3-3 Freiburg( Salas, Parodi and Baret) Bayern 3-0 E.Cottbus( 2 from Salas and Parodi) and with 3 games remaining to the end, the match where we become champions B.Dortmund 0-2 Bayern( Kuhn and Marco Rodrigues).

My players- Needless to say, I was once again the manager of the year in the Bundesliga. It could have really been a perfect season, unfortunately we missed two trophies. Anyway, it would be impossible not to admit that what my players got this season was truly brilliant. I can only thank them for their indispensable contribution throughout the season.
    Marcos Sanz - 44games 30GC and 7.27 rat.
    Roberto Bermejo-36(1)games 1G 6A and 7.11 rat.
    Andreasen 40(1)games 6G 2A and 7.22 rat.
    J.P. Dufour 30games 1G 1A and 7.00 rat.
    Franco Falcón 45(1)games 3G 3A 2MoM and 7.30 rat. I knew he would not let me down.
    Torsten Wendt 40(5)games 5G 8A 3MoM and 7.62 rat. To fulfill the second season in the club, and being able to play several positions in the team (central back, left back, defensive midfielder) was with all the merit that he got a place in the team. His first season 19(13)games 2G 4A 1MoM and 6.97 rat. U21 german international, came very young to Munich at my request. Formed in Schalke 04, he was in Karlsruhe entering the third season when I noticed him. Karlsruhe came to buy me a Frenchman forward with whom I did not count and in a very good deal they paid 8.5M plus Wendt. Individually this season he was considered the German defender of the Year and ranked 3rd in the German player of the Year.
    Lukas Kuhn 27(17)games 9G 8A 5MoM and 7.50 rat. Maybe he deserved more minutes of play, but in my midfield of luxury, it was difficult to play more. He had been in 2044/2045 the player of the year to our fans. Already this season, he was in 3rd place in the German midfielder of the Year award.
    Nascimento 38(9)games 9G 13A 5MoM and 7.49 rat.
    Damien Baret 38(5)games 11G 11A 8MoM and 7.65 rat. I knew he would improve his record of the previous season
    Seba Salas 44(4)games 18G 8A 8MoM and 7.73 rat. It was speculated that the arrival of Fischer would take away protagonism from him, which was not at all proven.Quite the contrary, he was a fundamental player for us.
    Mathias Fischer 36(3)games 17G 9A 3MoM and 7.67 rat. I could only be satisfied with the contribution of the German player of the Year and also German midfielder ot the Year
    Marco Rodrigues 29(19)games 11G 5A 2MoM and 7.25 rat. Although some press saw him as the team's weakest link, I still trusted him.
    Samuel Adjei 30(10)games 19G 10A 4MoM and 7.72 rat. Won the African Footballer of the Year succeeding the three time in a row winner Prince Adjei (his brother)and he also won(with some surprise, I must confess) the World Footballer of the Year award.
    Sergio Parodi 29(7)games 18G 5A 6MoM and 7.58 rat. (7.94 talking only about Bundesliga). Since my arrival at the club, we have never had an easy relationship. Which only harmed him, who ended up playing less than he expected. Curiously just as in the previous year, it was in the second half of the season that he turned out to be more important for the team. Imagine my astonished face when I saw that he won the Fifa World Player of the Year Good player, star in the Argentine national team, but ahead of him I would choose about 10 players....talking only on his Bayern`s teammates
    Goran Kolar 37(8)games 16G 13A 7MoM and 7.98 rat (8.17 in Bundesliga) He could have scored more goals, but what he gave to the team was priceless. Bayern player of the year to our supporters, European striker of the Year, European Footballer of the Year and 3rd in the Fifa World Player of the Year.

It was now time to dedicate myself 100% with Portugal to the 2046 World Cup. I loved my time in Munich, I won a lot of titles, I joined an extraordinary lot of players but the decision to leave and not to return was already taken. My stage in Munich was over and the future awaited me elsewhere.
    But as I mentioned, now the focus was all on my national team.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 17-01-18 at 05:23 PM.

A near perfect season, and it would have been if not for PSV

Still a great final season in Germany, I hope that Benfica job is available but first the World Cup!

A near perfect season, and it would have been if not for PSV

Still a great final season in Germany, I hope that Benfica job is available but first the World Cup!
    PSV have a very good team. At this moment they are winning Dutch Leagues with more than 20 points from the 2nd. Still, I felt frustrated because Bayern are a better team. But the truth is that they won the two games against us with all merit. When the small(PSV)manages to beat the big one(Bayern)twice, we have to give them value. Who does not like to see the underdog prevail?
    The years are passing and unfortunately I can not return to Benfica. In the decisive phase of the season with Bayern, the managing seat at Benfica became vacant, but again I just could not leave Munich like that, fighting hard for the trophies. I hope it will still happen...it will undoubtedly be the perfect end to my career

Norway/Sweden 2046 World Cup

We promised a lot, but we ended up not being able to justify our status as European Champions
    The qualifying phase for the World Cup was indeed a real tour for us. Between 2044 and 2045, we made 8 relatively easy qualification games. Portugal 2-0 Cyprus, Iceland 0-5 Portugal, Portugal 3-0 Estonia, Romania 0-3 Portugal, Cyprus 0-3 Portugal, Portugal 2-0 Iceland, Estonia 0-3 Portugal, Portugal 2-2 Romania.That last game spoiled a clean record of 0 conceded goals. Curiously this time I only used 33 players(only one goalkeeper)throughout the campaign. We were playing well, the game processes were well assimilated and above all we were winning the games with some tranquility. We were optimistic for the World Cup.

The final choice of the 23 players called to the competition was once again a task that took me a few hours of sleep. I ended up taking a squad very similar to the one that had gone with me to Denmark(Euro)with some slight changes in some positions. So without further delay, I will show you what happened.

June 17, 2046, Brann Stadion(17,798)Bergen,Norway - Portugal 3-1 Holland We deserve this triumph because we were more competent and better.

June 23, 2046 Vangavallen(63 359)Trelleborg,Sweden - Guinea Conakry 1-5 Portugal Everything was going as we planned and the goals came very naturally.

June 29, 2046 Nya Parken(30 573),Norrkoping,Sweden - China 1-3 Portugal. Easy win even exchanging almost all players from my starting team.

Second phase of the competition, already in the last 16

July 1, 2046, Ullevaal Stadion(28 967)Oslo,Norway- Portugal 1-3 Italy We even scored first, but looking at what happened during the 90 minutes, I can not help admitting that the win of the Italians was eventually deserved. Ricardo Nuno(5 rat.) did not really have a good day in this game, but after the brilliant European he did, I just could not in any way blame him for the defeat.
    Later, in the final of Oslo, in the same stadium where my team had fallen, Italy was unable to overcome Holland, who thus succeeded Brazil as the new World Cup champion.

I could try to make excuses, I could complain about the weather, the poor performance of some players, one or another injury, the fatigue of a long season, but I would be fooling myself. Italy was simply stronger than us in the match and deserved to move on to the next stage.To catch a quality team like Italy right after the group stage is not easy,it's actually a bit of bad luck. The draw did not favor us. Perhaps also our sequence of victories(which came from the friendly ones,where we beat Brazil and Germany),including the victory in our first game of the World Cup against the powerful Holland left us very hopeful and deluded. Of course I was upset that I could not go farther in the World Cup but things do not always go the way we planned.
    The directors of the Portuguese Federation were unhappy and insisted on showing it publicly.There were moments of tension between them and me, but after a meeting in Lisbon between us everything was clear. Deep down they did not want me to leave and I had every interest in continuing. I was already determined on forgetting our participation in the World Cup, and focusing on the Confederations Cup to be played in 2047. In fact, not only in this competition but also in the qualification for the Euro 2048 of Poland.

Once the action at the national teams level was over and since I had decided not to stay in Munich, it was now time to think about my immediate future as club manager.

A disappointing exit from the World Cup after easing through the group stage, seeing Holland win the trophy after you had beat them 3-1 must hurt a bit too. Good to see you staying on though for the Confederations Cup and Euro qualifying.

Now let's see what club you'll be managing next season

Hey, you lost against a strong side. It could have been better? Sure, but it is not bad.

If you look to when you were eliminated, yes... but look at the team that won against you, and it went to the final.

About the Bayern Munich... PSV has your number but they couldn't reach the champion's league final and that is the most important competition.

Returning to Italy

After the World Cup and since I was no longer Bayern`s manager, I had a few weeks of total rest. I enjoyed my free time and did not even want to think about work.However a manager as credentialed as I am, hardly escapes the approaches of clubs seeking a new head coach. Bayern Munich has hired an Italian manager who has done quite a decent job at a certain Italian club. It was with naturalness and without any admiration that I received a phone call from my friend Paulo Bento(manager already retired).I was enjoying a well deserved summer vacation in Algarve with my family, but obviously the content of the conversation I had with Paulo Bento made me a bit curious. Three days later I went with Paulo Bento to the airport in Lisbon and from there we went to Italy where someone was waiting for us. The club in question, not being a traditionally strong club in that country, had in recent years a remarkable development.Since the beginning of my career, this club has been guided by names like Roberto Mancini, Ernesto Valverde, Brendan Rogers and two compatriots of mine(both already retired), Paulo Bento and Rui Vitória.The club had grown so much over the years that it was undoubtedly part of the Top 3 in Italy along with Internazionale and Juventus.
    In the Coppa de Italia was the current holder(already after winning in 2022),had 4 Italian super cups(2017, 2021, 2022 and 2033)and more importantly, the club had already in the museum (speaking only since the start of my manager career)five Serie A wins (2021, 2033 and three titles in the row from 2041 to 2043). At international level, the most relevant was being runner up in the 2041 Fifa World Club Championship.

I do not speak Italian as fluently as I would like, anyway my 3 years in Italy allow me to develop a good conversation in that language without any problem.Paulo Bento, who had finished his manager career at this club, introduced me to the chairman,Christian Pazzi. The man was truly thrilled to see me there,he could not even hide his big satisfaction.He proposed that we drive around the city and that we would talk better about what he really wanted. The immediate projects for the club he headed were the main subject.I had been several times in that city. With Inter, with Napoli also and the last time with Barcelona in a Champions League match that give me very good memories. Losing 2-0 in the 25th minute, we still got back to the game and we won by 2-3. In the game of Camp Nou we won by 4-0 So as I have always had been in this city at work, I have never been able to enjoy its beauty. I was impressed by what I saw. Located in the Ligurian Sea, this city has historically been one of the most important ports on the Mediterranean. When we finally went to see the stadium, I was even able to smell the sea. During the journey Paulo remained most of the time quiet. I confess that I was listening to what Pazzi was saying to me, but at the same time I was contemplating the beauty of the city. It was already in his office at the stadium that he made me a concrete offer. The salary he was offering me not being very high it was quite interesting and if I eventually said yes, I would have carte blanche to remodel whatever was needed,whether it was the technical staff or the squad. I replied laughing, that if I eventually accepted ...I would proceed quite possibly to changes in both What he was aiming for, especially for the new season,was a good performance in Europe(Uefa Cup) and to put his team among the top 3 in Serie A(Champions League access)
    It was agreed that I would think about it and would come back the next day with my decision.
    With the exception of Liverpool (for the reasons I have already mentioned) the last two clubs I have had the honor of directing are imcomparably bigger than this Italian club. It was as if I had driven two Ferraris for some time and now I had in my hands a ... Fiat
    After some consideration and thinking of the challenge that was proposed to me, the following day I communicated my decision to Pazzi

On August 10, 2046, on the front pages of the Italian sports newspapers, the great news appeared, Rodrigo Azevedo was back in Serie A. Genoa was my new club.

Best of luck back in Italy.

Genoa

Working fast and well

With time running against me, I arrived on 11 August and on the 19th of August I would play the Italian Super Cup against Juventus I knew I would have little time for what I intended. It was therefore necessary to work fast and well.
    Even before I look closely at the players, you are already tired of knowing that I like to surround myself with people who give me confidence and above all who are competent in their duties. So the first thing I did was to reshape my technical department, my staff.
    In the club I found 3 well-known assistant coaches, Julian Draxler, Frederico Bernardeschi and Leonardo Bonucci. For various reasons that do not matter now, only the former Italian defender remained in his job. For the two who left, came two new coaches. One of them,Tobias Strobl, who had already been with me for two seasons in Munich (I was the one who took him from Kaiserslautern).
    For the medical department, 3 new physiotherapists(including Tiziano Bagnoli who worked with me in Napoli) joined the club.
    For the important prospecting department, 4 new guys came. Two of them had also worked with me in Napoli, António Nocerino and Davide Ruggiero. Luis Miranda who was with me in Munich the previous season was also one of those new guys.
    Last but not least, Renato Sanches came with me to Genoa to be my new assistant manager.

The squad
    I knew that the team had quality players but I confess that in the first days of training sessions I was surprised by what I saw. The squad was better than I initially thought. The chairman had already warned me that the club was very well organized, that the youth academy was very well structured and that there were many quality players on the main team. From what I observed, he was quite right. I was really very pleased with the work group at my disposal.
    In a careful look at the squad, 5 players stood out from the rest
    Giancarlo Sorrentino- Italian 22-year-old goalkeeper. Former U21 Italian star who had 46 games for the club, 59 goals conceded and 6.93 rat. They were not impressive numbers, but with me he would be my No. 1 and would play better for sure.
    Camillo Milan- Surely you have heard of this player. In 2045 he had come from Barcelona by only 17M . A habitual presence where he was one of the star players in the Italian National team, he had made a good mark in his first season in Genoa 39Games 5G 10A 3MoM and 7.56 rat. I was very pleased to be working with him again. With me it would be Milan plus 10
    Nicólas Orellano- Argentinian midfielder of 22 years. Pure Fantasist with a very promising left foot. U21 international who was already knocking on the door of his main National team. In three seasons in this club, he had 62 games 8G 13A 4MoM and 7.17 rat. Potential to do much more did not lack him. I was going to take care of that for sure
    Gabriele Mannini- At 31, normally a player has to be very good to convince me to bet on him.This Italian striker no doubt it was. Strangely he began his career in my dear Vitoria Setubal where he remained for 9 seasons, 299Games 138G(breaking Komnen Andric record)49A 41MoM and 7.62 rat. In Portugal he won everything, 3 Portuguese leagues, 1 Portuguese Cup, 2 Portuguese Super Cup and he was once considered the best player in the league and once the league best Top goalscorer. In Genoa he had also already conquered in 5 seasons, two Serie A and 1 Italian Cup. 189 Games 66G 20A 22MoM and 7.57 rat. His ease in scoring goals and his experience would be very useful for the team.
    Davide Di Benedetto- In more than 30 years of career, it was not many times that I ran into such a player. I've been in big clubs,hundreds of players have passed through me, but a talent like this at the age of 18, I honestly can not remember. The idea that at 18 he can still grow more is unbelievable. So much talent he has indeed. U21 Italian star, this forward will undoubtedly have a prominent role in the team. He appeared in 2043/2044 in Spezia with interesting numbers 27Games 8G 2A 1MoM and 6.85 rat. Signed still very young by Genoa for an almost derisory value (575K) took some time to demonstrate his true value. Season one 6(8)Games 4G 2A 2MoM and 7.21 rat. In the previous season Di Benedetto was already closer than he can do 18(9)Games 11G 5A 5MoM and 7.74 rat. Believe me that he will give a lot to talk about in this season.

It does not happen often, but this time with Genoa I did not feel the need to sign a lot of players. The club provided me with about 67M to spend, but I did not need so much. Five new players came to the club(two of them only in January). Of the summer signings, two of them already knew very well my methods of work,
    Catello Tassi24-year-old Italian midfielder who came from Liverpool for roughly 1M. After my departure from Anfield, in two seasons he had only played in 16 games. For Genoa he will sure be much more useful. Carlos Castañeda22-year-old Spanish midfielder who came from Bayern by 2.2M. In the season 45/46 in the club of Munich he made only 8(8)Games 1G 5A and 7.13 rat. Believe me, in my dream midfield in the German club, he could hardly play more. He arrived at Bayern for free from Atletico Madrid(by my hands)where he played much more. Also highlight that in 2044 he won the Olympic Games with his Spain.
    We were ready for the new season and confidence was present throughout everybody in the club.

I was forgetting In January and already with the season running,I manage to bring to the club a heavy name of the current world football,Sebastian Gielen29-year-old Dutch striker who cost 33M(plus a Nigerian midfielder that I did not count)from Man City. It was a deal that fell from the sky, we were very quick to seize the opportunity and I believe that in good time we did it. He was upset with the English club for some reasons(that I do not know) and was placed on the transfer list at his request. When he arrived at our club, everybody was delighted, from the fans to the media itself. Look carefully why... Holland(Star player without any doubt)75Games 60Goals;Ajax(Where he started) Five seasons - 112Games 69G 28A; Man City in seven and a half seasons - 319Games 209G 54A 66MoM and 7.61 rat.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 24-01-18 at 12:23 PM.

Sounds a great squad you've inherited there mate, any chance of a closer look at Di Benedetto and Gielen at all?

Sounds a great squad you've inherited there mate, any chance of a closer look at Di Benedetto and Gielen at all?
    Of course What do you want to see?

- - - Updated - - -

Just their in game attributes/stats if you can, cheers.

Genoa

Not even in my wildest dreams

With no time to make the convenient and useful preseason, I had to focus necessarily on the official competitions. Both the Italian Super Cup and the start of Serie A. It was therefore already after the first two official games of the season that I decided to take my team a few days to Athens. I took advantage of that usual break of about 15 days because of the qualifying matches of the national teams. In the Greek city I mentioned, we made two friendly games,Olympiacos (0-3) and Panionios(0-3). It was mainly for me to see some of the younger players in action. My squad had many options, there was a good spirit of team and above all we were prepared for the challenges that lay ahead. I knew deep down that with these boys, there would be a strong possibility of achieving something. Luckily I was not mistaken, as you will see next

Italian Super Cup- Luigi Ferraris(41 853)Genoa, Genoa 1-0 Juventus A solitary goal from Camillo Milan was enough to make the 1st disputed trophy of the season stay in our home. Juventus, who had won Serie A last season, was a difficult opponent and fought hard to counteract our game. However, I think that in the face of what happened over the course of the 90 minutes, we won with justice.

Italian Cup- 1st Round, 1st leg -Spal 1-1 Genoa ,2nd leg -Genoa 3-1 Spal(3 from Roselli); 2nd Round, 1st leg -Genoa 2-0 Inter(2 penalty kicks),2nd leg Inter 3-1 Genoa We almost fell, but we moved on ; Quarter Finals 1st leg -Siracusa 0-1 Genoa ,2nd leg-Genoa 3-1 Siracusa; Semi-Finals 1st leg -Genoa 1-1 Roma A goal from Orellano in the 87th minute prevented our defeat. Still, we had a very complicated game in Rome ahead of us...or maybe not. 2nd leg -Roma 1-7 Genoa The poor team of the capital does not know what hit her so strongly. Milan, Orellano and Di Benedetto scored in this match. But the most significant was the spectacular performance of the entire team. Final1st leg - Juventus 1-1 Genoa A game that had some peculiarities, at minute 3 we were already reduced to 10 men even so we do not lose concentration and above all competitiveness. In the second half, at minute 66 Di Benedetto put us ahead. Three minutes later, it was the turn of the Turin team to be reduced to 10 men.When we were convinced that we would get a very important advantage for the game of the second leg, a bucket of cold water in the 90th minute, the 1-1. 2nd leg - Genoa 3-1 Juventus Juventus did not make life easier for us, they were in fact an opponent who valued our final victory even more. In the first half of the game, a goal from them put us behind the score. Mannini in the minute 60 made the 1-1. 8 minutes later Orellano made the 2-1 that gave us the advantage. And finally at minute 74, Gielen made the goal that sealed our victory and consequent conquest of the cup of Italy. Deservedly we made the party

UEFA Cup- One of the goals of the season. I really wanted to offer this club their first European title in their very rich history. 1st Round 1st leg- Astana 0-1 Genoa(Orellano), 2nd leg- Genoa 4-0 Astana( 3 from Castañeda); 2nd Round 1st leg- Genoa 1-0 Valladolid, 2nd leg- Valladolid 0-4 Genoa; 3rd Round 1st leg- Genoa 3-1 Mechelen, 2nd leg- Mechelen 0-2 Genoa ; 4rd Round 1st leg- Genoa 6-2 Everton( 2 from Orellano, 2 from Castañeda and Mannini), 2nd leg- Everton 3-0 Genoa(One more goal from them and we were gone...so close ) ; Quarter-Finals 1st leg- Genoa 1-1 Oviedo(Mannini), 2nd leg- Oviedo 0-2 Genoa( Milan and Di Benedetto); Semi-Finals 1st leg-Genoa 5-1 Glasgow Rangers (2 from Castañeda, 2 from Mannini and Di Benedetto), 2nd leg- Glasgow Rangers 1-0 Genoa; FINAL- Stade de France(81 313), Saint-Denis - Genoa 2-0 Internazionale A very special game for me, for being against a team where I had been very happy. Me,who have always longed to play in a final against a team I have already led , have to confess it was difficult to hide my emotions. Still as a professional and defending the colors of Genoa, I did everything to win this game. Inter, who had invested so much money in their team, had a very strong team. Playing against them forced us to have maximum concentration and to give our best was what was demanded. I have to congratulate my players because they were really very competent and played very well. Intense game and very balanced, only in minute 73 we managed to score through Giovanetti. With 5 minutes to go and with Inter tried everything to make the 1-1, Camillo Milan made the 2-0 that closed the game. We could not be more satisfied

Serie A- Internazionale, who had bet so much on winning the Italian title already this season, had a very good campaign. Their final numbers are proof of that, 34G 26W 3D 5L 67GS-22GC and 81 points. Unfortunately for them ... was not enough Because even though they tried harder, Genoa made an absolutely fabulous season. If someone told me at the beginning of the season that we would make a stunning season like we did, I probably would not believe it. Our journey was so amazing that we even set a new maximum of points obtained in this competition. 34G 27W 7D 0L 85GS-20GC and 88 points!! Not a single defeat!!! What after more than 30 years of career, I managed for the first time. Exceptionally I will leave here what we did in 2046/2047 Serie A
    Day 1 -Genoa 3-0 Cesena(3 from Mannini), Day 2-Atalanta 0-3 Genoa(Orellano, Di Benedetto and Mannini), Day 3-Genoa 5-1 Udinese(3 Orellano,Tassi and Mannini), Day 4-Empoli 1-4 Genoa(3Mannini and Di Benedetto), Day 5-Genoa 2-0 Entella(Milan and Mannini), Day 6-Genoa 3-0 Torino(Castañeda, Di Benedetto and Mannini), Day 7-Bologna 2-2 Genoa(Losing by 2,Orellano twice restoring the draw), Day 8-Genoa 4-1 Bari(2 Milan,Di Benedetto and Roselli), Day 9-Pisa 0-3 Genoa( 2 Castañeda and Mannini), Day 10- Milan 2-4 Genoa( 2 Di Benedetto, Vervoort and Roselli),Day 11- Siracusa 1-5 Genoa(2 Milan, Orellanom Mannini and Roselli), Day 12- Genoa 1-0 Roma(Mannini), Day 13- Napoli 0-0 Genoa, Day 14- Genoa 2-0 Inter( OG and Di Benedetto),Day 15- Juventus 0-1 Genoa(Vervoort), Day 16- Latina 0-0 Genoa, Day 17 -Genoa 2-1 Palermo( Milan and Tassi), Day 18- Cesena 0-3 Genoa( Giovanetti,Tassi and Di Benedetto), Day 19- Genoa 4-1 Atalanta(2 Castañeda, 2 Di Benedetto), Day 20- Udinese 0-3 Genoa(Roselli, Di Benedetto and Gielen), Day 21- Genoa 2-0 Empoli(Tassi and Orellano), Day 22- Entella 0-2 Genoa( 2 Di Benedetto), Day 23- Genoa 2-0 Milan( Gielen and Castañeda),Day 24 - Torino 0-0 Genoa, Day 25- Genoa 4-1 Bologna( Di Benedetto, Ricci, Vervoort and Orellano), Day 26 - Bari 1-3 Genoa(Tassi, Roselli and Gielen), Day 27 -Genoa 3-0 Siracusa( Castañeda, Gielen and Edu Prieto), Day 28-Roma4-4Genoa(2 Gielen, Roselli and on the last breath of the game Milan made the final 4-4), Day 29- Genoa 4-2 Napoli( 3 from Di Benedetto and Orellano), Day 30- Inter 0-0 Genoa( Lucarelli prevented our victory with awesome saves), Day 31 - Genoa 2-0 Juventus( Vervoort and Milan), Day 32- Palermo 0-0 Genoa, Day 33- Genoa 2-1 Pisa( Orellano and Gielen in the game that confirmed our Serie A won), Day 34 -Genoa 3-1 Latina(2 Gielen,1 Mannini)

Of course after this dream season, I was considered the best manager of the Year in the Serie A

One of the secrets of our incredible success was the solidarity and unity we had in our team. I did a lot of squad rotation(as usual) and I always felt that the players were truly committed to helping the team. Regardless of who played. I had the team playing really well, an attractive football indeed, the victories happened naturally and the motivation of everyone in the club was high. I imagine the happiness that our fans felt, the team was reaching trophies after trophies this season and in addition the great rival(Sampdoria)was immersed in a huge crisis. They were not even in Serie C
    The team behaved very well overall but of course there were players who excelled more...

My players

Giancarlo Sorrentino -39Games 26GC 1A and 7.54 rat. Serie A Goalkeeper of the Year, Serie A Young Player of the Year(2nd place)and Serie A Team of the Year.
    Camillo Milan -39(8)Games 12G 17A 10MoM and 7.85 rat. Serie A Team of the Year. Nothing that surprised me. Defensive midfielder was his natural position, but with me he played mainly as offensive midfielder. Very important player for us.
    Nicolás Orellano- 35(6)Games 18G 11A 2MoM and 7.83 rat. Serie A Young Player of the Year and Serie A Team of the Year. A very good player who was a key player in our success. He later helped Argentina win the Copa America in 2047 and in the 2048/2049 season he was sold to Bayern Munich in exchange for 49.5M
    Gabrielle Mannini- 32(10)Games 20G 4A 5MoM and 7.62 rat. He scored a lot of goals early in the season and his huge experience was essential for us.
    Catello Tassi - 29(8)Games 5G 14A 1MoM and 7.68 rat. He gave so much in the sights in his first season at Genoa, that at 25 he was for the first time called to play for his Italia. With all justice I must say.
    Carlos Castañeda- 36(9)Games 14G 6A 7MoM and 7.62 rat. For some reason I had taken him to Bayern. In UEFA Cup he was perhaps our most decisive player. Very good season of this young Spanish player
    Sebastian Gielen - 13(1)Games 9G 1A 1MoM and 7.71 rat. Genuine goal machine, he took some time to adapt to our game system. Unfortunately he could not participate in the UEFA Cup, but he was very useful in domestic competitions. Perhaps influenced by the amount of goals he scored in the first part of the season with Man City and also in the Dutch team, he won the World Footballer of the Year and also FIFA World Player of the Year. Strangely at european level he was in 2nd place both in the prize of European Striker of the Year and European Player of the Year. So he was the best in the world, but not in Europe
    Davide Di Benedetto- 38Games 22G 7A 4MoM and 8.16 rat(8.32 in Serie A) What about this young man? With only 19 years called to play for Italy he made a tremendous season. Serie A Team of the Year, Genoa Player of the Year for the supporters, Serie A Italian player of the Year, Serie A Player of the Year and also Serie A Topgoalscorer with 17 goals. And to think that he will grow even more as a player, it's almost insane.

I was so pleased with my players and I was so delighted with what we won that I decided to renew my contract for another year. But now, the focus was on the Confederations Cup where Portugal had strong ambitions.
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 25-01-18 at 04:27 PM.

An unbelievable season, topped off with that unbeaten Serie A campaign! Even if you left now you'd go down in history, but I suppose there is still a Champions League to win with Genoa.

Wow. What a 1st season in your new club!

Just their in game attributes/stats if you can, cheers.
    As I am already in 2049, I leave here what you asked for. So current Data of both players.

Davide Di Benedetto(Age 21)Italian(12Caps/5Goals) Acceleration 15 , Aggression 15, Agility 16, Anticipation 15, Balance 15, Bravery 14, Creativity 16, Crossing 15, Decisions 16, Determination 15, Dribbling 18, Finishing 19, Flair 15, Handling 1, Heading 14, Influence 20, Jumping 17, Long Shots 17, Marking 17, Off the Ball 17, Pace 12, Passing 18, Positioning 16, Reflexes 3, Set Pieces 14, Stamina 16, Strength 13, Tackling 19, Teamwork 14, Technique 13, Work Rate 10. Preferred Foot - Either. Forward(Centre) Career Games 194 72 Goals 31 Assists 22 MoM and 7.44 Av Rat.

Sebastiaan Gielen(Age 32)Dutch(92 Caps/66Goals) Acceleration 15, Aggression 13, Agility 20, Anticipation 19, Balance 9, Bravery 13, Creativity 15, Crossing 12, Decisions 16, Determination 11, Dribbling 12, Finishing 20, Flair 6, Handling 1, Heading 20, Influence 12, Jumping 18, Long Shots 14, Marking 12, Off The Ball 18, Pace 16, Passing 14, Positioning 14, Reflexes 4, Set Pieces 2, Stamina 16, Strength 17, Tackling 12, Teamwork 4, Technique 7, Work Rate 16. Preferred Foot - Right . Striker Career Games 543 331 Goals 99 Assists 113 MoM and 7.63 Av Rat.

Cheers mate, I thought you would have sent a picture of them, I didn't expect you to type out all their stats!

Cheers mate, I thought you would have sent a picture of them, I didn't expect you to type out all their stats!
    Im having troubles in saving pictures in my computer

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast