Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Until 2050

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    So you did, although they're back in La Liga I'd hardly say that's them back and ready to challenge in Spain again, with another manager I wouldn't be surprised if he undone all your hard work and got them relegated again.

It must mean a return to Benfica
    Unfortunately the return to Benfica has not happened yet

A sad goodbye

It was with immense pleasure that I led my National team. This job was always something that filled me with a lot of pride. Curious the fact that the first time I had the honour of leading the national team has been from 2026 to 2032 (6 years) and this second cycle in charge of Portugal had exactly the same length. From 2042 to 2048. Unfortunately my time with my beloved National team did not ended up in the best way, as you will see next. Still I am very pleased because I was able to help Portugal reaching the so desirable gold in Denmark in 2044

Poland 2048 Euro

In qualifying phase we managed to win a group formed by Iceland, Romania, Albania(ranked 2nd)Gibraltar and also Belarus. I do not say that I thought I would win again this competition, but I confess that I had hopes that at least until the semi-finals we could reach. We were the champions in title and obviously that brings more responsibilities. Unfortunately we were not able to make a good competition and we were just eliminated at an early stage. Maybe the squad I took was not as good as the 23 that I had taken four years ago, but still we had the obligation to do much more.
    Group 3 with Russia, Albania and Spain.

June 7, Inea Stadion (42 792) Poznan, Spain 2-0 Portugal - It's not worth trying to make excuses, our neighbors won with all merit. They were superior to us without any doubt.

June 14, Stadion Miejski im.Henryka Reymana (33 102)Kraków - Portugal 0-2 Albania - Goodbye to the competition.In a game where we had to win, we entered the game very apathetic and unresponsive. When we finally woke up, it was too late. We were beaten surprisingly by Albania, but I have to recognize that our opponent deserve it.

June 17, Stadion Miejski im.Henryka Reymana (33 102)Kraków - Portugal 4-2 Russia - The only thing that was still at stake was our honor, our pride. Also, I knew this would be my last game for Portugal.At least I had to come out with a win. It was not easy, but I think we won with justice.

In the final of Warsaw Spain beat Holland and succeeded us as new European champions.

I have been in charge of Portugal for 12 years ! It was an incredible journey ... but now it was time for me to leave. Even despite the failed goals, the Portuguese Federation wanted me to stay in the job. Yet I was determined to do what I felt was the right thing to do. On June 26, 2048, I said the final goodbye to Portugal.

Suddenly and with only two years of career ahead...I was unemployed. My next step would have to be something very thoughtful, possibly the last of my long career.

We know that you're only getting back to england in an incredible offer/challenge... so, as long as you don't manage Porto or Sporting, we know that we will all celebrate your titles with you!

One question: are you looking to keep going with 2 jobs at the same time or do you think you're too old for that?

Quote Originally Posted by troza View Post
    We know that you're only getting back to england in an incredible/challenge... so, as long as you don't manage Porto or Sporting, we know that we will all celebrate your titles with you!

One question: are you looking to keep going with 2 jobs at the same time or do you think you're too old for that?
    Im too old for that

Who would have thought my last step would be back in England

From 2039 to 2048, only in the season 2045/2046 Arsenal did not win the title of English champion( Man City won). So the Gunners' dominance was all too obvious. I have said here before that I really did not intend to return to England. In my memory, the failure I had in my passage through Liverpool was still very fresh. Well, I actually even think I did a good job. When I say failure, it is only in the perspective of the lack of titles won. Due to my advanced age, whatever the next step, it would surely be the last of my long career. So it would have to be a very thoughtful decision. I will not deny that at the moment of deciding, a project that would allow me to continue to accumulate trophies would certainly be the one chosen by me. I had several job offers, but when Man City came along ... I knew I was going to be a "citizen".

On July 17th, to the surprise of many English media, I was announced as Manchester City's new manager. It was not the first time Man City contacted me, but finally everything came together so that I signed for this club.
    My ambition to continue winning had not slowed down and I felt that the club had the same ideas as me.

Man City

Preparing the 2048/2049 season

In the previous season, City sadly did not get a place that gave access to European competitions. Which to me was one more proof that the squad did not offer me guarantees of immediate success. Obviously in such a rich club, money to change what I find necessary, is something I have a lot However, even before looking closely at the squad, I did what I always do when I come to a new club, I made myself surrounded by competent people to help me in my work. And many were the changes I made on my staff. 4 new coaches, 4 new scouts (including my former player Max Romero) 2 new physios and even a new assistant manager, Damian Monzon( another familiar face)

As for the squad, I allowed the exit of 12 players (the club profited about 32M) and I brought 17 new players. In fact it was only 14 , three of the new players were already hired before my arrival and still I allowed them to join the club. In the coming of these new boys, the club spent approximately 92M. Of the new names that have come to City, I would like to highlight these...
    Davide Buondonno- 27-year-old Italian midfielder who came from Stuttgart in exchange for 6.25M(Cheap in my opinion)
    Connor Woodhouse- 36-year-old English goalkeeper for free from Levante. Another well-known face who came to bring a lot of experience. It's not by chance that he has played 134 times for England
    Alain Rouxel- 25-year-old French striker who came from PSG in exchange for 38M.
    Gianpaolo Salvi- 19 year-old Italian striker who came from Setúbal by 13.25M( Very young but with numbers that impressed me, 51 Games 23G 9A 5MoM and 7.62 rat.)
    Ricardo Pinho- 24 year-old Portuguese midfielder from Marítimo in exchange for 13.25M ( Product of Benfica Academy, I knew him very well from my time with Portugal)
    Lutz Evers- 23 year-old German midfielder from Schalke 04 by 6.5M( Only arrived in January)
    Roberto Medina- 34 year-old Spanish defender for free from Arsenal( In two seasons at the London club, 92 Games 6G 5A 2MoM and 7.40 rat. And yes, another player who worked with me in other clubs )

Pre-Season

I did not have much time to plan the friendly games conveniently, but still I think we did a good pre-season. It was essential to see the new players in action, adapt them to the team and I believe that this goal has been achieved. More than the results, what I wanted was for the team to get used to my work methods, to my tactic.
    We went to Egypt, more specifically to Cairo where we played against Al Ahly (0-3) and Zamalek(2-2). Back to Manchester, we organized a tournament that we won after beating Genoa 3-0 and Barcelona 1-1(4-2 in the penaltys). Even before the start of the season, we still went to Dortmund(beating Borussia by 1-4) and in the last game of the preseason, we received and smashed Napoli by 5-0.
    I confess that the quality of the team, left me with enough optimism for the long season that was about to begin

Better than I expected

2048/2049 Season

Unfortunately we only played 3 official competitions. A club of the greatness of Man City, must also be involved in a European competition, especially the Champions League. The focus was mostly on the Premier League, I can not deny the obvious. However we would also try to achieve success in other domestic competitions. Indeed regardless of the players that I choose (throughout my career the squad rotation was something that characterized me especially in cup games) I always try to prepare my team to win.
    So let's see what happened in my first season in Man City

FA Cup- Competition I had the privilege of winning a few years ago with Arsenal and that has all my respect for being the oldest club competition in the world.
    3rd Round - Man City 2-0 Charlton ; 4th Round - Man City 2-0 Barnet ; 5th Round - Man City 0-0 Bristol Rovers ( We can only complain about ourselves. After 58 minutes of game one City man was sent off, and even playing with only 10 men we had a golden chance to win. In the 89th minute, Davide Buondonno missed a penalty ) 5th Round replay - Bristol Rovers 3-3 Man City(3-2 Pen) Sadly, we were out An intense game that unfortunately fell of to our opponent side. Our wonder kid Salvi, was just brilliant and scored 3 goals. Of course the fact that Ricardo Pinho received a red card in the 43rd minute (still in the first half)ended up influencing the final outcome. Having played so much time in numerical inferiority (both games) I think we deserved better luck. In the Wembley FA Cup final, Crystal Palace beat Plymouth.

League Cup- In my extensive list of trophies won , there was no achievement of this competition. It was time to change that.
    2nd Round - Norwich 0-6 Man City; 3rd Round - Southend 0-3 Man City(Strange game, we only scored in extra time at minute 108, 109 and 111...two of those goals for the inevitable Salvi); 4th Round - Man City 4-1 WBA; Q-Final - Liverpool 1-2 Man City( On my return to Anfield, they made the 1-0, we managed to tie and again in the extra time at min 100 the 1-2 by Salvi. In fact, it would be very unfair if we did not go forward as the 5-30 on goal shots explain our superiority) ; Semi-Final 1st Leg - Brentford 0-2 Man City(Their goalkeeper was sent off in the fourth minute, and that helped us a lot. Still we should have scored more goals) 2nd Leg - Man City 3-1 Brentford(Two goals from Rouxel and 1 from Evers stamped our ticket to Wembley. Once again, it helped us that they played only with 10 men since minute 17)
    FINAL- Everyone was convinced that we would play Tottenham in this final. Sensationally, Wigan (Championship team) beat Spurs in the other semi final and as such would be our opponent of the final. Football has funny things, when I was at Arsenal (in a memorable FA final) I also played against a Championship team Wembley( 89 971) Man City 4-0 Wigan Athletic (Seedorf, Salvi, Rouxel and Buondonno) We deserve to win because we were really too strong for Wigan.

Premier League - No one trusts my own team's capabilities more than I do, but I'd lie if I said I was waiting for what happened. From August 22, 2048 to February 3, 2049 my team had 30 games without knowing the taste of defeat !! I sincerely expected more from Arsenal, but the truth is that not even the podium they reached.
    The 3rd place was for our city rival, Man Utd with 38G 20W 7D 11L 68GS-47GC and 67 points. The 1st of the last , which is of course the 2nd place went to West Ham with 38G 21W 12D 5L 55GS-27GC and 75 points. I believe that for my debut year at Man City, the team was at a truly brilliant level 38G 30W 5D 3L 87GS-30GC and 95 points!!
    Some important results in our walk , Man City 1-0 West Ham( R.Pinho), Chelsea 0-3 Man City(2 from Salvi), Tottenham 1-4 Man City(1 from Buondonno and 2 from Salvi), Man Utd 1-1 Man City, Man City 3-0 Liverpool( Salvi, Rouxel and Buondonno), Man City 2-0 Stoke ( 2 from Rouxel), Man City 2-1 Arsenal, Everton 1-4 Man City, Arsenal 1-2 Man City( Pinho and Salvi), Man City 2-1 Tottenham( 2 from Rouxel), Man City 2-0 Chelsea(again 2 from Rouxel), Liverpool 0-4 Man City(2 from Pinho), Stoke 2-6 Man City, Man City 2-1 Man Utd( 1 from Salvi) and I can not forget on Matchday 33, Gillingham 1-2 Man City which made us win the title.

I was the manager of the month in September, November, March and May ... still believe it or not, the Manager of the Year award was not for me Jairo Riedewald from Arsenal was chosen for the 9th time. He was manager of the month in April, won the Charity Shield and also the Intercontinental Cup. Unfortunately for him, he lost the final of the European Super Cup, the Champions League final (for Bayern) and the Fifa World Club Championship final. I think I deserved the distinction for the fabulous season that Man City did, but unfortunately my bad relationship with the FA may have influenced the final choice. In any case, more than any individual distinction the success of the team is undoubtedly more important.

My players- I do not minimize my merit in our achievement, however I have to highlight the excellent contribution of my players. Without them none of this would be possible.
    Connor Woodhouse- 17G 18GC 1MoM 7.35 rat. He helped and fulfilled whenever he was called. Unfortunately for him, the number 1 of the team(Also nr 1 of the Spanish National Team) ended up playing more games. Godoy 29G 17GC 1MoM and 7.59 rat.
    Roberto Medina- 27G 1G 3A and 7.37 rat. Surprisingly he chose to leave at the end of the season for free.
    Davide Buondonno- 31(3)Games 6G 5A and 7.35 rat.
    Lutz Evers- 10(2)Games 3G 1A 1MoM and 7.33 rat. He arrived only in January and ended up not playing as much as he intended.
    Ricardo Pinho- 28(6)Games 9G 8A 6MoM and 7.53 rat. Coming from the Portuguese League (clearly less demanding)I did not expect a season as good as he did.
    Alain Rouxel- 23(9)Games 15G 7A 8MoM and 7.91 rat. I was expecting more goals from him, but I still can not be disappointed with what he offered to the team.
    Gianpaolo Salvi- 24(8)Games 19G 7A 5MoM and 8.03 rat What I wrote for R.Pinho, also applies to our wonder kid. Although due to his huge potential, I can not say I was totally surprised. Of course he was the Player of the Year at Man City. Salvi was also honored by the FA during the season (twice the young player of the month and once the player of the month).

I knew it would be hard to do better, but that was precisely what I had in mind for the next season. I was so excited about this City that I did not even think to leave this project. So I decided it was with Man City that my managing career would come to an end. My last job was this one indeed. Regrettably the opportunity to return to the GREAT Benfica did not arise and as such unfortunately that wish I had did not happen. It would have been a perfect career end, but things do not always happen as we dream. Maybe someday I'll return to Benfica as Chairman ... who knows

Now I'm sad... you're not going back to Benfica? I think you should do like Jupp Heykness and just be out of a job for a while to see if Benfica needs you ahah. You can't end on a team that has a blue shirt...

I like how you build something for manager of the year... we all know that the award on the game includes champions league and stuff like that... with those rules, you didn't deserve it ahaha. But yes, it should only include domestic competitions

Man City

Preparing the 2049/2050 season - My last season

I knew perfectly well that with the necessary signings for the squad, we could have a word to say about the Champions League. I honestly did not even think about my announced retirement, I was solely focused on winning with this City. In my staff, two scouts and a physio joined us. In fact, I have to praise the extreme competence of my staff. I've worked with so many quality professionals but I have to admit that at Man City this was one of the best staff I've encountered in my career.
    As for the squad, 16 were the players who left (gains of 82M) and 13 were the new guys who came to reinforce our team(we spent 71M). Unfortunately Godoy did not want to renew with us, and ended up leaving for free to Atletico Madrid. Of the new players who arrived, I would like to mention the following
    Stef Van Der Berg- 31 years old, goalkeeper who came from PSV (where he played more than 650 games since 36/37) for 7M. Also goalkeeper number 1 of the Netherlands national team.
    Giancarlo Sorrentino- 25 years old, the Italian national team goalkeeper. He came from Genoa by 13M. Obviously I knew his value very well from my time in that Italian city.
    Camillo Milan- 30 years old, another player I knew extremely well from other battles. We paid 15.5M to Genoa (+ 7.25M as soon as he reached 40 games)
    Michael Hartman- 24 year old, German central back from WBA in exchange of 19.75M. Already a starter in his National team.
    Hugo Esídio- 23 year old, Brazilian midfielder who came from Barcelona by only 5.25M!! Esídio who made a fabulous season with me in Barcelona, last season inexplicably only played 20 games (10 more in Barça B) With me no doubt he would regain his confidence and would produce much more.

Pre-Season
    We traveled to St. Petersburg where we played two games. Against Dinamo St Petersburg (1-2) and against Zenit (0-2). Then we went to France where we faced Toulouse (1-2). Back in Manchester, we have again won our home tournament beating Barcelona(2-1) and also Genoa(3-1). Before the Charity Shield and of course it had to be like this(being my last friendly)I went home to play against Benfica (1-2). I know these friendly games are only for preparation, to see the players in action but I can not fail to mention that in these two years with Man City, I have never lost a game

Great first season with City mate, shame about the FA Cup though.

Let's hope you can finish your career with a clean sweep of trophies!

One last ride

My last season as football manager

After so many years, finally my last season. Believe that it is not easy to say goodbye, especially something that we like very much, but like everything in life, there is always an end. I was aware that this would be my last job, but I tried to stay focused on the essential, my work. Fortunately I built a very beautiful career with many achievements and of course that in my head, I could only close this chapter of my life, in the best way possible...WINNING
    I had blind confidence in this set of players that I had at my disposal, a squad with an unquestionable quality. Man City that was in the eyes of many analysts, the main candidate to win everything. But let's see then what happened this 2049/2050 season

Charity Shield- With almost 80 thousand people in the mythical Wembley, Man City 2-1 Crystal Palace After 2 minutes of the match, Evers scored the opening goal. The London team reacted and got the equalizer a few minutes later. I believe we were superior and played better than our opponent and despite the good response they gave, Salvi`s goal in the 74th minute came to reflect what was happening in the game. We were satisfied, but there was still a lot to do. Our season was only in the beginning.

English League Cup- I would like to be here writing our success in this competition. Unfortunately we were not able to repeat what we did last season. 3rd Round - Man City 3-0 Stevenage; 4td Round - Barnet 4-1 Man City The game was well played, we had even more chances of goals, but one very bad day of Connor Woodhouse (5 rat)wasted everything. However, and because I always think this way, when we lose, we lose all. Guilt does not die single.

FA Cup- 3rd Round- Man City 4-0 Wigan( Salvi, Pinho, Esídio, Seedorf) ; 4th Round - Everton 0-1 Man City; 5th Round - Arsenal 0-1 Man City; Q-Final - Man City 2-0 Tottenham( 2 from Salvi) ; Semi-Final at King Power, Leicester - Stevenage 2-4 Man City ( 2 from Salvi, Rouxel and Hartman); FINAL - Wembley(89 964) Swansea 1-5 Man City( Evers, Salvi, Rouxel, Pinho and Di Vincenzo were the scorers. Salvi even missed a penalty kick!) Once again a final against a Championship team (later they finished in 3rd and were promoted) Curious the fact that it was again against Swansea, as it had already happened when I was at Arsenal. We made a spectacular competition, I think we deserve entirely this outcome.

Premier League- I could not ask for more to my players. Awesome work of the whole team throughout the season without any doubt. Just look at this...2nd Crystal Palace 38G 21W 9D 8L 72GS-46GC and 72 points. Manchester City 38G 31W 4D 3L 99GS( New record)-26GC and 97 points!!! This fantastic final numbers only prove all our power and strength. Amazing season indeed. I won 5 times the manager of the month award and of course that at the end of the season I also won the manager of the year award. I leave here some of the most relevant results we have made in this Premier League... Man City 7-2 Everton ( 3 from Evers, Milan, Seedorf and 2 from Rouxel) , Man City 2-1 Arsenal( Milan and Evers), Reading 0-5 Man City(2 from Pinho, Hartman, Esídio and Salvi), Crystal Palace 0-2 City( 2 Rouxel), Forest Green 1-5 City( Milan, Pinho, Esídio, Salvi, Rouxel), Liverpool 0-0 City, Man City 3-0 Man Utd ( 2 from Rouxel), Stoke 1-6 City( 2 Evers, 3 Salvi and Rouxel), City 5-1 Crystal Palace( 3 from Milan, Salvi and Rouxel), Arsenal 1-2 Man City( Esídio and Rouxel), City 3-1 Liverpool( Pinho, Salvi, Rouxel), Man Utd 1-2 Man City( Evers, Esídio), City 3-0 WBA( Esídio, Salvi and Rouxel), Man City 3-0 Tottenhan ( hat trick from Esídio).

Champions League- Could it be that in my final career year, the European glory arrived? Let`s see...Kukesi 0-1 City, City 4-2 Dunkerque( Rouxel, Salvi and 2 from Evers), Man City 4-0 Cadiz( Rouxel hat trick), Cadiz 0-2 Man City, City 2-1 Kukesi( Esídio and Buondonno), Dunkerque 1-2 City. 18 points and ready for the 2nd phase. Rubin Kazan 2-1 Man City, Man City 3-0 Inter, City 1-0 Nimes( Rouxel), Nimes 0-1 Man City, Man City 5-1 Rubin Kazan(3 from Esídio) and Inter 0-4 Man City( 2 from Esídio, Buondonno and Seedorf). Q-Final, 1st Leg - Man City 0-1 Cadiz ( very punitive result and above all very unfair) , 2nd Leg - Cadiz 0-4 Man City ( 2 from Salvi, Buondonno and Rouxel), S-Final 1st Leg - PSV 0-1 Man City( Esídio) , 2nd Leg Man City 1-0 PSV(Evers). FINAL- Telia Parken( 54 991) Copenhagen. Suddenly my last career game In a stadium where in the past I had a lot of joy, I was focused on getting one last victory. By irony of fate, against the team with which I won my 1st Champions. In the group stage, we had already won easily (both games) against the Italian team but in a final, anything can happen. In any other final I must add. Not this one ... this was the last one I would play ... it could only really have an outcome Man City 4-1 Internazionale We were stronger, but I think the final numbers are a bit unfair to what Inter did.They did not deserve such a fat disadvantage. When at minute 53, Milan was sent off ... we were already winning 4-1 with goals from Rouxel(two)Pinho and Esídio. I must also mention the excellent game of our goalkeeper, Sorrentino (9 rat). So ending my career, winning the Champions League I think it could hardly be better. I was a very happy man

I could not fail to thank my players. Maybe because they knew it would be my last year ... they did everything to make me say farewell with so many trophies won.
    Sorrentino- 29Games 14GC and 7.41 rat. - European Goalkeeper of the Year runner up
    Connor Woodhouse- 15Games 15GC and 7.07 rat.
    Van Der Berg- 20(1)Games 14GC and 7.48 rat.
    Michael Hartman- 43Games 3G 7A and 7.26 rat.
    Camillo Milan- 38(4)Games 8G 12A 3MoM and 7.69 rat. (7.92 rat. only talking about Premier League)
    Davide Buondonno- 31(16)Games 5G 5A 1MoM and 7.23 rat.
    Lutz Evers- 37(11)Games 22G 9A 6MoM and 7.65 rat. - European Midfielder of the Year runner up. Fantastic season he did
    Ricardo Pinho- 43(7)Games 10G 13A 6MoM and 7.62 rat. - Very happy to see a compatriot(and above all youth product of Benfica) to make such a good season.
    Gianpaolo Salvi- 40(4)Games 24G 6A 5MoM and 8.18 rat- So young and with so much talent to give to the world of football.
    Alain Rouxel- 42(2)Games 28G 13A 9MoM and 8.16 rat - I was not mistaken when I spent so much money on him last season. In a dream season for him, he was in 3rd place in the European Striker of the Year, European Footballer of the Year, World Footballer of the Year and also in the Fifa World Player.
    Hugo Esídio- 33(11)Games 24G 14A 11MoM and 8.23 rat(a club record) - Man City player of the Year and World Footballer of the Year. And to think that he was forgotten in Barcelona B?! Awesome player !! I have to thank everyone, but realistically I believe that the last three that I mentioned were absolutely decisive for our success. The proof of the great quality of my squad, for the World Cup of 2050, 15 players of Man City were called !!

I lived a dream season, but now it was time to go home ...
    Last edited by rodrigoazevedo; 27-04-18 at 06:35 PM.

Nicely done!

Great way to end your career. Now leave the game and go replace Rui Vitória

An outstanding last season indeed mate, enjoy your retirement, hopefully we'll hear from you again soon

Great way to end your career. Now leave the game and go replace Rui Vitória
    Thank you. I still would rather have finished in the GREAT Benfica. Unfortunately, this desire I had for the end of my career did not materialize

( O Rui Vitória na minha opinião apesar dos dois campeonatos que nos deu( sobretudo por causa da excelência do plantel) não é o treinador adequado para nós. Sei que o LFV vai mantê-lo no cargo, mas eu preferia outro treinador para a próxima época. Outra coisa, tu não comentas de vez em quando no blog Visão de Mercado ?! )

Quote Originally Posted by rodrigoazevedo View Post
    Thank you. I still would rather have finished in the GREAT Benfica. Unfortunately, this desire I had for the end of my career did not materialize

( O Rui Vitória na minha opinião apesar dos dois campeonatos que nos deu( sobretudo por causa da excelência do plantel) não é o treinador adequado para nós. Sei que o LFV vai mantê-lo no cargo, mas eu preferia outro treinador para a próxima época. Outra coisa, tu não comentas de vez em quando no blog Visão de Mercado ?! )
    Yeah, ending at your club would be perfect.

(E sim, comento muito de vez em quando. Eu não sei se ele é o treinador ideal ou não mas recuso a ideia de que ganhámos só por demerito dos outros e tal... a verdade é que este ano tivemos muitas lesões - como sempre e acho que aqui temos sem dúvida de mudar alguma coisa - e foi preciso mudar coisas a meio da época - na minha opinião devido à saída do Mitroglou - e ainda os nossos adversários contaram com muitas ajudas - basta ver o jogo de andebol na primeira mão contra o Sporting e o amarelo do Almeida vs o penalti não assinalado sobre o Zivkovic no último clássico. No entanto admito que gostava que nós conseguissemos jogar um bocadinho melhor como equipa quando faltam o Jonas, o Pizzi em forma, o Krovinovic... e que o Rui Vitória fosse mais inteligente com as substituições. E para mim ele é o treinador ideal até me apresentarem alternativas... aí sim, podemos comparar e tomar uma decisão... até lá, eu não sei se as hipóteses faladas são ou não verdadeiras hipóteses. Mas tu eras sem dúvida uma boa hipótese, com um currículo fantástico!)

Retirement at last

No one wanted me to leave Man City. The players, the fans, the board, everyone wanted me to stay at the club for least another year. I knew that if I stayed I would further increase my extensive list of achievements. I could not remain indifferent to the appeals of everyone around me, yet my decision was taken and I decided to put an end to my long managing career. It was time to go back to my hometown and prepare my future as a sports director. I also decided that I would run for the presidency of my beloved Benfica when the opportunity appeared.

Earlier I mentioned Sembroni's weak career. Just out of curiosity after being able to relegate UCAM Murcia, he jumped to Mallorca where the maximum he achieved in 4 seasons was to lose an Intertoto final in 49/50 season Believe me when I say that my son in just 3 seasons will do much better

I want to thank everyone who has been following this simple story and I hope you have enjoyed it
    Before I say goodbye, let's look at the "Until 2050" in numbers.

Leagues Won 28
    Cups Won 46
    Awards Won 35
    Games Played 1876 Games Won 1213, Games Drawn 338, Games Lost 325, Goals Scored 4042 Goals Conceded 1864. Players signed 398(843M) , Players sold 208 (635M).

Mafra - 2nd Division B title
    Vitória Setúbal- 2nd League title
    AO Trikala- Greek National B Division
    BENFICA- 3x Portuguese League, 1 Portuguese Super Cup, 1 Portuguese Cup
    Toulouse- 1 French Cup, 1 French League Cup
    Ajax- 1 Dutch Super Cup, 1 Dutch League
    Napoli- 1 Serie A, 1 Coppa Italia
    Fenerbahce- Turkish League, Turkish Cup
    Borussia Dortmund- Bundesliga
    Arsenal- Charity Shield, Premier League, FA Cup
    Atlético Madrid- La Liga2, Copa Del Rey
    Chelsea- European Super Cup, Intercontinental Cup, Premier League
    Inter Milan- 2x Serie A, 2x Italian Super Cup, 1 Coppa Italia, 1 Champions League
    Real Madrid- La Liga2, 2x La Liga, 1 Spanish Super Cup,
    Barcelona - 4x La Liga, 2x Champions League, 3x Spanish Super Cup, 3x Copa Del Rey, 1 European Super Cup, 1 FIFA World Club Championship
    Bayern Munchen- 3x Bundesliga, 1 UEFA cup, 1 European Super Cup, 1 Intercontinental Cup, 1 FIFA World Club Championship, 2x German League Cup, 1 German Cup, 2x Champions League.
    Genoa- 1 Serie A, 1 Coppa de Italia, 1 European Super Cup, 1 UEFA Cup, 2 Italian Super cups
    Manchester City- 2x Premier League, 1 Charity Shield, 1 FA Cup, 1 English League Cup, 1 Champions League.

PORTUGAL- 2044 European Champion

Very impressive. This was a nice one.

The only thing you missed was the world cup... but I guess that's just the hardest competition to win in the game! Well done!

Yeah, ending at your club would be perfect.

(E sim, comento muito de vez em quando. Eu não sei se ele é o treinador ideal ou não mas recuso a ideia de que ganhámos só por demerito dos outros e tal... a verdade é que este ano tivemos muitas lesões - como sempre e acho que aqui temos sem dúvida de mudar alguma coisa - e foi preciso mudar coisas a meio da época - na minha opinião devido à saída do Mitroglou - e ainda os nossos adversários contaram com muitas ajudas - basta ver o jogo de andebol na primeira mão contra o Sporting e o amarelo do Almeida vs o penalti não assinalado sobre o Zivkovic no último clássico. No entanto admito que gostava que nós conseguissemos jogar um bocadinho melhor como equipa quando faltam o Jonas, o Pizzi em forma, o Krovinovic... e que o Rui Vitória fosse mais inteligente com as substituições. E para mim ele é o treinador ideal até me apresentarem alternativas... aí sim, podemos comparar e tomar uma decisão... até lá, eu não sei se as hipóteses faladas são ou não verdadeiras hipóteses. Mas tu eras sem dúvida uma boa hipótese, com um currículo fantástico!)
    You should speak in English, Benfica's issues are the concern of millions around the world

I'm team Rui Vitória all the way. He's a much better manager than the press and hipster blogs would have you believe...

Anyway, nice summary there at the end Rodrigo! And BENFICA spelled in all all-caps as it should. It was a bit of a shame that you didn't get to lead the glorious one to European glory... your time in Barcelona was very impressive, and it was a curious career with some unexpected club changes...... what's next? :p

cheers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678