Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: saturn's Patch Queries / Issues

vCash
    v3.9.68T Setup..cpp 1672 error:

You are missing the city.dat file in your Data folder.
    Solution: Download the March 2018 update and copy and paste the city.dat file from there into your Data folder.

vCash
    LOL im still all clueless how to download the patch sat.v5 ...... i just see the next screenshots... of the game and there aro no downloadlink...?? guide me step by step ... LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andeks View Post
    LOL im still all clueless how to download the patch sat.v5 ...... i just see the next screenshots... of the game and there aro no downloadlink...?? guide me step by step ... LOL
    Read the botom of the opening post here which has step by step instructions

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...948#post383948

vCash

Match Engine Error

Hey y'all

I've been getting these error messages the last few days

plus i noticed that the players ages are changed,i think it happened after the error messages appeared

i've been using the saturn patch V5 and the March update and i did the installation of the game from scratch and EXACTLY as it's instructed here

So, to summarise the instructions:
    1. Install the game and apply the official 3.9.68 patch.
    2. Download the new Data folder and extract it. Delete the Data folder currently in your Championship Manager folder and paste the new Data folder in there.
    3. Download the March 2018 update and extract the city.dat file only. Copy and paste it into your new Data folder.
    4. Select, or if necessary request, an exe in post #2. Download the exe, extract it and paste it into your Championship Manager folder, overwriting the file already there.
    5. Play.

So what's the problem here?
    Is it the patch?
    Is is the update?
    Did i do something wrong?
    Is it capitalism?

vCash
    Have a gander in here mate - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...match_eng..cpp

Might help as sounds a simialr error

vCash

Freezing when initialising game data

please can someone help. I have just downloaded the game Oct 2018 update and patches, but when loading a new game it freezes halfway through initialising game data...any ideas how I can fix it please?

vCash
    What patches? If Saturn V6 - check in that thread for solutions as others reported the same - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11674

vCash
    Thanks for your help - it is with Saturn V6, and on the thread of that, if it freezes during 'initialising game data' it says to swap the euro.cfg file, which I have done, but with no luck and it is still crashing once it gets to that stage. Any other suggestions, are gratefully received please as would love to play it today

vCash
    Change compatability which I did and then worked for me - that solution/others also in the thread

vCash
    I can't edit the euro.cfg file, even when running as an administrator and with the Read-only box unticked. Any clue what I have to do to be able to edit it? Actually, I can edit it, but than I can't save it because it keeps telling me I have no permission to save it in that location. Also it wants to save it as a txt. file, I don't seem te be able to save it as a cfg-file.

vCash
    Pretty sure you just open it, make any changes (in the text file) then save it

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravanelli View Post
    I can't edit the euro.cfg file, even when running as an administrator and with the Read-only box unticked. Any clue what I have to do to be able to edit it? Actually, I can edit it, but than I can't save it because it keeps telling me I have no permission to save it in that location. Also it wants to save it as a txt. file, I don't seem te be able to save it as a cfg-file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Pretty sure you just open it, make any changes (in the text file) then save it
    If that dont work, try copy the file, paste into desktop, edit it, save as txt, rename the file extension from txt to cfg in the file properties, copy and paste it back to original location

vCash

V5 patch and save game issue

So I recently joined up with UML and needed to install the v5 patch to run the save.

Everything went well, 2 games are set up, one for UML and one for personal games. For some reason, when I attempt to restore one of my personal games when using the correct exe file that the save game that pops up is the UML save. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vCash
    i put all my save games files from all my game installs in a single folder out of the game installation folders, then I just set the path in the load menu of the game and that works, see if it helps for u

vCash
    Does the file path for your restored save games point to the right place?

vCash
    I'm going to try it again this afternoon.

vCash
    Hi

I'm playing the game with a Saturn V6 patch with the Oct 2018 data on a Windows 10 PC (running as administrator and in compatibility mode). The game keeps crashing at 31 July 2020 - no error message, the game just closes. Does anyone have any ideas I could try?

Thanks!

vCash
    Tried holidaying past the crash date?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678