Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

vCash

The Alphabet Game #3 - April 2017 Data Update

Following the release of the April 2017 Data Update and saturn's 2.21.1+ v3 patch, the time has come for a THIRD instalment of the Alphabet Game

The original version was much more popular than the second which is probably because the last one was a lot tougher, asking that you win titles in the top tier to tick off a letter for the game. This time, we'll be allowing any title or trophy to count towards the game itself but you are going to HAVE to start from A and work your way through the alphabet from there all the way to Z. Now that'll be a tricky one!

Specifications
    Data Update: April 2017 Data Update.
    Patch: Saturn's 2.21.1+ v3. This comes bundled with the April 2017 Data Update so you do not need to download both.
    Start Year: 2016).
    Database: Maximum.
    Masked Attributes: Off.
    Selected Leagues: ALL league selected including the lower leagues.

Instructions - Start off with Ards in Northern Ireland.

Aim of the Game
    It's a simple one - Work your way from A to Z and win a trophy or a title with the teams that you are managing.

You can use any tactic that you prefer and the aim is to win any trophy or title with an 'A' club before moving on to a 'B' club! There is also nothing to stop you from resigning at a club if it is not working out for you. National teams also do not count!

Join in and post your progress as you go along, let's have some fun

The following is a recorded list of members who have taken on this challenge. I'll keep this updated to see who is 'winning' so far:

Alphabet Table
    26 - AJ (Ards, Brown (Adrogue), Croatia Grabovnica, Dynamo Bryansk, Espanyol, Fiorentina, Guingamp, Huddersfield, Internacional, Jeonbuk, Krylja Sovetov, Los Angeles, Man City, Nurnberg, Odense, PSG, Queen of the South, River Plate, Schalke 04, Tamworth, Ulsan, Viking, Willem II, Xanthi, Ypiranga (RS), Zenit)
    26 - Kingsley (Ards, BK Sport, Cowdenbeath, Dundee, Esbjerg, FC Kobenhavn, Godoy Cruz, Hartlepool, IFK Goteborg, Juventude, Kortrijk, Les Herbiers, Monaco, Novo Hamburgo, Olympiacos, Partick Thistle, Queen's University, Racing, Sassuolo, Trabzonspor, Utrecht, Varzim, Wisla Plock, Xanthi, Yokohama FC, Zaglebie Lubin)
    26 - trunky (Ards, Ballinamallard, Carlisle, Dusseldorf, Exeter, Forest Green, Ganshoren, Hoogstraten, Ipswich, Jerez, Karlsruhe, Leeds, Man City, Newcastle, Ober-Roden, Piacenza, Queen's Park, Rushden & Diamonds, SC Freiburg, Toronto, Udinese, Vila Real, West Brom, Xerez B, Ytterhogdal, Zamudio)
    23 - NormandyWept (Ards, Ballyclare, Cliftonville, Derry City, Esbjerg, Falkirk, Gamba, Huddersfield, Independiente, Jamshog, Kayserispor, Leganes, Man Utd, NEC, Osasuna, Panegialios, Queen of the South, Rotherham, Sivasspor, Telstar, Ural, Ventforet, Watford)
    20 - ebfatz (Ards, BK Sport, Cliftonville, Droylsden, Everton, Fleetwood, Gil Vicente, Heracles, IFK Malmo, Jazz, Karlsruhe, LA Galaxy, Morecambe, Neftekhimik, Osnabruck, Pohang, Quevilly-Rouen, Reysol, Slavonija, Tottenham)
    12 - Colml (Ards, Bergantinos, Ceuta, Deportivo, Emmen, FC Toyko, Grebbestad, Heerenveen, Instituto, Jeonbuk, Kaiserslautern, Lokomotiv Moscow)
    11 - MR_Punk (Ards, Balkan, Constancia, Doncaster, Estudiantes (LP), Fiorentina, Granada, HSV, Ipswich, Juventus, Kuban)
    10 - Baz (Ards, Bisceglie, Coxyde, Derry City, El Ejido, Fremad, Girona, HIFK, Internazionale, Juventus)
    10 - trainor83 (Ards, Braintree, Crusaders, Dag & Red, Edinburgh City, Forest Green, Gazelec Ajaccio, Hartlepool, Isernia, Juventus)
    8 - welchia (Ards, Betekom, CD Alcala, Dungannon, Espoo, Figueirense, Grenoble, Huesca)
    7 - EL-TOPPO (Ards, Ballymena, Cardiff, Derby, Empoli, Fluminense, Guijuelo)
    7 - Pegster (Ards, BK Saturnus, Cowdenbeath, Dundee Utd, Eskilstuna, Finn Harps, Geel)
    6 - Gilbotron (Ards, Berwick, Carinena, Doncaster, East Fife, Farnborough)
    6 - Mark (Ards, Berwick, Cowdenbeath, Dundalk, Egedal, Forfar)
    6 - tom_oufc (Ards, Ballinamallard, Calahorra, Derry City, Edinburgh City, Folkestone)
    4 - CMAdventurer (Ards, Berwick, Cardiff, Dundee Utd)
    4 - Felix (Ards, Balkan, Collerense, D.C. United)
    4 - JLa (Ards, Berwick, Clyde, Dumbarton)
    4 - ThePsi (Ards, Berwick, Constancia, Def. y Justicia)
    3 - drkshadow1 (Ards, Brechin, Colchester)
    3 - einsi87 (Ards, Ballinamallard, Calahorra)
    3 - GFRay (Ards, Belenenses, Cambuur)
    2 - Dermotron (Ards, Brescia)
    2 - pieriedaczi (Ards, Braintree)
    2 - PilgrimPete (Ards, Buckie Thistle)
    1 - Coys (Ards)
    1 - Jose (Ards)
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Instructions - Take over Edinburgh City in Scotland (who are unmanaged anyway) and then resign from the job. Admittedly, this is the bit where you will need a lot of patience and wait for an 'A' job to become available.
    Just a query, but is there anything to stop you taking on a "non-A" club to build some reputation for the "A" job to become available ?
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    I guess not - It could be a slog until an 'A' team become available otherwise.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Probably me being dumb, but applying the Saturn patch (or the Tapani 2.21.1 which I also tested) to the april dataified cm version just causes the game to give me a milion error messages (one for each competition, it seems) and then crashing midway through game creation apparently due to the German league cup.

Edit: Seems to have been fixed by stopping being dumb and reading this.

Hurray! Also, thanks to the folks who did the work to make this possible!
    Last edited by Pegster; 20-04-17 at 05:46 PM.

vCash
    Well this could be interesting, and a long slog!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
    Probably me being dumb, but applying the Saturn patch (or the Tapani 2.21.1 which I also tested) to the april dataified cm version just causes the game to give me a milion error messages (one for each competition, it seems) and then crashing midway through game creation apparently due to the German league cup.

Surely Tech Support be a more likely place to post that issue? Or here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Surely Tech Support be a more likely place to post that issue? Or here?
    This is true. I had started writing that I was joining and for some reason when it crashed I ended up changing the post here instead of going to the tech forum. See the point about me being dumb :p

vCash
    So does this include things like Community Shields and Super Cups etc?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    So does this include things like Community Shields and Super Cups etc?
    A good question. From Mark's original post

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Work your way from A to Z and win a trophy or a title with the teams that you are managing.

You can use any tactic that you prefer and the aim is to win the top flight league title with one club before moving on to another!
    It's not my call, but if it is to be the top flight league, this is going to be one hell of a long slog.

vCash
    Hopefully it just an error in the copy and paste. We'd be on October 2027 DB before completing the task

vCash
    It'll be 2027 before I get a job offer. Turned down for jobs everywhere so far. I dont have conference ticked or lower leagues either.

vCash
    Waiting for an A job could take a while indeed, why not everyone starts at the same A club one well down the leagues so their rep is still low?

AJ is online now Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Dammit. Had already started and was into my second job.

But, nm, just start over. Win any trophy at any level will help speed this up.

A. Hard. Think I'll start at Atletico Madrid.

vCash
    Apologies gents - It was indeed a typo in copying and pasting the text from the last version!

It is any trophy or title with any team!

CHANGE IN THE RULES! You must start with Ards in Northern Ireland

Thanks for the feedback, had hoped it wouldn't take too long to get offered an A job but never mind.

Onwards we go!
    The Alphabet Game #3

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Sounds an Ard start

VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Ardly.

vCash
    Can't see anyone having an unfair Ardvantage

vCash
    An arduous task that's for sure.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to hodgy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Anyone seen my pet Ardvark?

VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    quite the ardent team, even.

vCash
    Took me half a year to get an A job (or strictly speaking an Å job, not sure if that would have counted), but that was at Åstorp, a newly promoted swedish 2nd division club with no players or staff and not even a field to play on, so I don't really mind starting over.

vCash
    Å would definitely have counted. I think that restarting might be a more interesting Ardventure

vCash
    You should restart, Pegster. My fault for starting everyone with a tough way to get going.

Best thing to do is start us all on a level playing field with Ards
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    Won my first two games with Ards...

They have a team of bloody pensioners though!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I have restarted
    I didn't mind the struggle to get a first job, though, and certainly won't mind if we start as unemployed again next round.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast