Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Editor Queries (cm0102ed.exe)

vCash

Why is the editor a pain in the a**?

I want to play around in the Editor, but its awfully difficult to work with.

1. When changing players name, if I type it in and not search through a massive list it resets to original name.

2. When changing the team a player/staff member is contracted to I have to scroll through a list?

3. How can I create a club/player?

Any help would be great. Happy new year!

vCash
    Also is there a way of adding in players to a club list without scrolling through a massive list to find him?

vCash
    1. Never happened to me.
    2. No select any club and when a blue field appears, typ the first letters of the teams name you are looking for and it will appear instead of scrolling
    3. Edit -> New item
    4. Same procedure as 2.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMCZ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks!

vCash

DATA EDITOR ISSUES

Hi

After using the editor when I start a new game the stuff I have edited has not worked I was changing the position of a few players and it was still the same ??

I am playing the version 3.9.68T

Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfran View Post
    Hi

After using the editor when I start a new game the stuff I have edited has not worked I was changing the position of a few players and it was still the same ??

I am playing the version 3.9.68T

Thanks
    That must be because you have not changed the properties to use the program as administrator!

vCash
    Morning, Ive been playing for a while but only really recently started using data updates etc, and yesterday installed the newest Saturn for the first time. I went into editor and updated a few things but when ive loaded a new game its just the way it would be when starting a new game on the satrn patch, my changes haven't taken effect. But when I went back into editor..... theyre all still changed!!
    I downloaded Tri Wassano and loaded up the index.... and its showing the changes I made, but the game isn't picking these up.
    Help please!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoairdrie View Post
    Morning, Ive been playing for a while but only really recently started using data updates etc, and yesterday installed the newest Saturn for the first time. I went into editor and updated a few things but when ive loaded a new game its just the way it would be when starting a new game on the satrn patch, my changes haven't taken effect. But when I went back into editor..... theyre all still changed!!
    I downloaded Tri Wassano and loaded up the index.... and its showing the changes I made, but the game isn't picking these up.
    Help please!!
    AMC and trunky helped this guy out

vCash
    they did that, thank you!
    now having a different issue, everytime I restart my machine its asking me to insert the disc, and I believe I have to "remount"? how do I do this, ive got the program and stuff, just don't know how to.
    thanks.

vCash
    as ebfatz said in shoutbox - find cm0102.iso, right click, mount.

vCash
    Hi everyone.

Considering starting a story on here, but need to create a custom team and move 50 players over to that squad.

Whats the easiest and quickest way of doing this?

vCash
    Hey guys. I've just recently started back up playing CM and am having trouble with the editor. I want to replace one of the conference teams with Oosett Town and manage them. However when I open up the editor it has the following message: Weather_container: load data failed file error (Wrong format/missing line).
    Any one know how to fix this? I've uninstalled the game but alas it didnt change the situation.
    I haven't used the editor much in CM and prob haven't started it up for a good 3-4 yrs. So am a rookie with it all.

vCash
    Sounds like you copied the data from somewhere else? usually what happens is the weather.cfg file isn't copied and pasted.

I'd rename the old folder, then do a reinstall, that should fix it. Make sure to ticket Run As Administrator on both cm0102.exe and cm0102ed.exe
    Last edited by Dermotron; 30-01-19 at 11:18 AM.

vCash

Database issue

Hello Guys,

My issue is that I have spent couple of days to update the databse according to my taste, but when I start the game the new players are not there. Whats wrong? I have updated the only databas, did not create new. In the old times it was working for me that way. No at win10 it doesnt.

Please help!
    thanks

vCash
    Hey PeterKo. You need to be running both the editor and the game “as administrator”.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    I have the weather error issue too, I installed the game did a bit of editing saved my changes and the error came up when I tried to open the editor. So I deleted all the CM files and did a fresh reinstalled did a bit of editing saved my changes and now has come up again, how do I resolve this annoying error?

vCash
    It means you haven't copied the weather file when copying the data you are using to your Data folder

vCash
    Just confirming there is currently no possible way of creating a custom league?

vCash
    Surely a patch genius like you knows how to use the mass-league swap tool?

vCash
    Never gave it a thought. Thanks for the tip.

vCash
    Does anyone have any idea why, when you create a player in the editor he turns out shit on a new game created. I created a legend, say Cantona, for instance, so i create him, input his stats, set his ca and pa. When a new game is loaded, he is there but his stats do not refelect how i edited him. Say i made him ca 180 and pa 189. On a new game he will turn out shit. When i use a save game editor to check, he is rated poorly like ca 89 pa 95.

Is it something to do with to many good players in the game?

vCash
    Hi i've found this error message in the editor: weather_container load data did not find number of configurations in file. Do you know how to solve this problem? Thanks

vCash

[Editor] Can't create a handyman (some parameters are set at 16 and not 20)

Hi guys.

I'm trying to create the perfect player on CM 01/02 using the standard editor.

I put 20 to every category:

Then I create a new game, but some parameters are set by at 16, 19, etc

Do you know how to solve this issue and have 20 everywhere?
    His current ability and potentuial ability is already set to 200 (the maximum).

Thank you.

vCash

vCash
    Basically, you can't have 20 in all CA-related attributes, because there is a limited ammount of CA-related attribute points a player can receive.

And to create a good player, the relation between the attribute values is whats important, and not the values. For example, if you set all attributes to 1 instead of 20, you will end up with exactly the same player as in your game screenshot (because the relation between the attribute values is exactly the same with all 1s or all 20s).

And there is no such thing as the perfect player: A distribution of attribute values of a player may work well for some manager in some tactic in some circunstance, but may fail for others.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post: