Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 11

vCash
    Well I was vindicated in keeping th same side.

Only Derby stopped me getting the perfect month.

And even so, it looks like it might still be too little too late to bag a Euro spot if results go against us in the last 4 games.

Great work as always Mark!

vCash
    Middlesboro 2-2 Villa - Was cruising this but the CPU conspired against me. 2 shots on target for them and wouldn't ya know it...
    Utd 1-1 Villa - Could have edged this one. Happy with the away goal. Chiellini is a man mountain!
    Hull 0-1 Villa - Happy with the result. Could have been more?
    Villa 0-0 Southampton - Dropping points at home usually annoys me but I'm lucky we didn't lose... although the league is outta reach now.
    Newcastle 3-3 Villa - This game bamboozles me sometimes. Sometimes we'can't score and when we do, we concede. Deserved result on the stats.
    Villa 1-0 Utd - edged it. Both teams almost nullified themselves.
    Ipswich 0-4 Villa - Goals and a clean sheet??!!
    Villa 3-1 Chelsea - Annihilated these guys. Should have been 5... as for their one goal. It came from the one shot they had.

de Bruyne, Hazard and di Maria injured....

Mark, when someone says 'stick', do you just holiday them? I think that explains why Newcastle's season has been under par, since the strike they've been playing 442.

vCash
    Yes, good spot, Erk! That will be my fault
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Kind of Mark. Realistically after a strike the manager should be posting a new selection since you are saying stick to the team when there was a strike

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yeah, if the original formation was 6 pages back the least we could is quote the post?

vCash
    Dream Team League - Season 11 - May

It almost feels sad that we are coming to the end of yet another season of the Dream Team League. Previously assembled teams Crystal Palace and Ipswich have already been confirmed as Championship sides for next season and one of Arsenal, Man City or Middlesbrough will be joining them. That means Mark at Arsenal could potentially suffer relegation again in his first year at the Emirates, repeating history having done so with Middlesbrough before!

Coming up to join the top flight for next season will be AFC Wimbledon after drkshadow1 has successfully led them to back to back relegations since inheriting a squad initially built by Jesus. pyromyst had done likewise since taking over at Plymouth and requires just one win at home against Burnley to join drkshadow1. If Mark can stay up with Arsenal, we could see all managers involved in the top flight for the first time in a long while!

While we're on the subject of the top flight, Redknapp69 is certainly heavy favourites to win the title. It was only 3 seasons ago when Swansea won their first taste of silverware after 7 long years and they've certainly gone from strength to strength since, winning the league title the following season and Redknapp69 will be hoping to win it for the second time this month. The Swans are 6 points clear of Man Utd in 2nd place and have a game in hand. They also face Aston Villa who have been somewhat surprisingly disappointing this season despite a star studded squad. It's true they have only lost 4 times so far in the league with 12 draws letting them down. Still, Erkifino could have a major say on how the season ends as he is the man in Redknapp69's way in both the Champions League Semi Final AND the FA Cup Final!

Speaking of the Champions League, it will be returning to England this year after our DTL managers failed to win it last year for the first time in 6 years. Redknapp69 and Erkifino match up in one semi final clash whilst Dermotron takes on AJ in the other. AJ of course, is the master at this competition having won it four times!

Talking of European competitions, it's been three years since anyone in the DTL won the Europa League and again, it'll definitely be a DTL winner this year after trunky and AMC have managed to go all the way to the Final itself. Both will be looking to win it for the first time with the tournament having only been won by Janis89, Jesus and Redknapp69 previously.

Good luck to everyone!

3rd May
    Champions League, Semi Final, First Leg
    Southampton 2:0 Tottenham
    Swansea 2:1 Aston Villa

We kick off the month with a surprise in store for AJ as he loses 2:0 to late goals from Sergio Ramos and Iago Aspas. Erkifin's superstars also lose a 1:0 lead through Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as Robert Lewandowski and Diego Godin over turn the deficit to win.

Premier League
    Hull 3:1 Chelsea
    Man Utd 1:1 Everton
    West Ham 1:1 Portsmouth
    Norwich 2:0 Man City

Janis89 really needed a win to close the gap on Swansea to 3 points but is held to a draw by rakanj after Tom Davies' 90th minute equaliser cancels out Zlatan Ibrahimovic's opener. That means Redknapp69 has two games in hand and only one win will earn them the title! AMC sees Robin Knoche sent off but holds on to a 3:1 win thanks to Filipe Luis, Arda Turan and Kevin Gameiro. That means Hull consolidate their position in 4th place after trunky's Portsmouth were held to a draw by West Ham although they did do well considering Marco Reus was sent off after 20 minutes and Stefan Radu scored late on to salvage a point. As for ebfatz, Norwich climb up a place into 6th after goals from Jamie Vardy and Nathan Redmond.

6th May
    Premier League
    Chelsea 3:0 Newcastle
    Crystal Palace 0:2 Norwich
    Portsmouth 2:1 Fulham
    Southampton 2:0 West Ham
    Swansea 2:1 Tottenham

AJ had the chance to keep the title race alive but a Tony Jantschke red card after 21 minutes led to a brace from Kingsley Coman to earn Swansea the title with 3 games to spare! Congratulations must go to Redknapp69 for earning his second Premier League title! Elsewhere, trunky sees his side come from 1:0 down against Fulham to win 2:1 thanks to Marquinhos and Valere Germain which puts Portsmouth 4th whilst Norwich remain 6th after Jonjo Shelvey and Jordan Henderson score at Crystal Palace which is just as well given that Southampton won too with Toni Kroos and Raul Garcia on the scoresheet which allows Dermotron to climb two places into 7th. samsani's misery continues with defeat at Chelsea, leaving Newcastle 13th.

7th May
    Premier League
    Everton 0:1 Aston Villa
    Man City 0:2 Man Utd

Aubameyang strikes again for Erkifino as rakanj is beaten 1:0 whilst Janis89 also wins as the two teams battle to finish 2nd. Diego Costa struck twice but Man Utd had Giorgio Chiellini sent off in the last minute.

Championship
    Barnsley 1:1 AFC Wimbledon
    Plymouth 4:1 Burnley

An 80th minute goal cancels out Alberto Botia's goal for drkshadow1 but it doesn't matter as AFC Wimbledon are up anyway. There were more important stakes for pyromyst who needed a win to join the Premier League last year and they did so in style with goals from Douglas, Admir Mehmedi (2) and Thomas Delaney. Congratulations pyromyst!

8th May
    Premier League
    Derby 3:2 Liverpool

peaceboy ends a 4 game winless run with victory against Liverpool. Jens Toornstra, Erik Lamela and Karim Benzema amongst the goals having been 1:0 down. Derby are now 11th.

10th May
    Champions League, Semi Final, Second Leg
    Aston Villa 1:0 Swansea
    Tottenham 0:0 Southampton

Angel Di Mara is the man of the hour to score a much needed goal against Swansea which means Erkifino goes through to the Final instead of Redknapp69 thanks to the away goal rule! Aston Villa will be joined by Dermotron after he and AJ played out a goalless draw where Ramiro Funes Mori found himself dismissed in the 90th minute!

Premier League
    Arsenal 1:3 Middlesbrough
    Ipswich 2:2 Hull

It's bad news for Mark as he loses to his former club despite Mark Davies scoring first for Arsenal. It means that Arsenal now need Man City to lose both games and Arsenal must win theirs to stay up! As for Hull, Luiz Gustavo and Arjen Robben earn AMC a point which is enough to move ahead of Portsmouth into 4th place, only on goal difference.

13th May
    Premier League
    Newcastle 1:0 Southampton

7 league games without a win finally comes to an end for samsami as Georginio Wijnaldum scores the only goal of the game against Southampton. Perhaps the minds of Dermotron's men are elsewhere having made it to the Champions League Final but Joze Izquierdo was sent off after just 5 minutes on his first appearance of the season.

FA Cup
    Aston Villa 3:1 Swansea

Erkifino gets one over Redknapp69 once again who must have thought the trophy was his after Luis Suarez put Swansea ahead after 50 minutes. But Neymar equalised in the 62nd minute and to wrap the game up, Kevin de Bruyne scored a brace! Congratulations Erkifino!

15th May
    Premier League
    Norwich 0:2 Swansea

Playing just two days after the FA Cup Final, Redknapp69 sees Danny Sturridge and Suarez score to earn 3 points whilst Lewandowski missed a penalty. They may have been aided by ebfatz's side totally losing the plot though as Vardy was sent off on the 16th minute followed by Jack Butland in the 30th. Danny Rose clearly had enough too as he was sent off in the 87th minute! Unbelievable, Jeff!

17th May
    Europa League, Final
    Portsmouth 1:1 Hull *Portsmouth win on penalties.

A very evenly matched game saw Marco Reus open the scoring before half-time with Jan Vertonghen equalising in the second. it went all the way to penalties and it didn't look as though anyone would miss. Javier Pastore, Douglas Costa, Germain and Moses Simon converted for Portsmouth whilst Alexandre Lacazette, Carlos Bacca, Robben and Nicolas Gaitan scored for Hull. But when Pablo Zabaleta missed for AMC, Reus scored for trunky to earn Pompey the Europa League title! Congratulations trunky!

Premier League
    Southampton 2:0 Swansea
    Aston Villa 5:0 Arsenal
    Tottenham 3:0 Derby

Home sides dominated this evening as Mark's defeat to Erkifino, who had Di Maria (x2), Aubameyang and Thomas Muller (x2) scoring, means that Arsenal are now relegated. He certaily wasn't helped by a red card to Ozgur Ozdemir although Villa were already 2:0 up at that point. Not that it matters to Redknapp69 but they lost to Dermotron who saw Oscar strike twice and AJ is firmly behind Dermotron in 8th after beating peaceboy 3:0. Derby lost Antonio Valencia to a 67th minute red card but the game was in the bag anyway for Spurs who had Stefan Bell, Dries Mertens and Andrea Belotti on the scoresheet.

21st May
    Premiership
    Aston Villa 5:1 Man City
    Hull 1:1 Arsenal
    Liverpool 2:2 Swansea
    Man Utd 0:1 Derby
    Middlesbrough 1:2 Everton
    Newcastle 2:1 Ipswich
    Norwich 0:0 Portsmouth
    Southampton 2:0 Chelsea
    Tottenham 2:0 Crystal Palace

The Premiership ends with a stutter for Redknapp69 after being held to a draw by Liverpool despite Sturridge scoring twice. Janis89 surprisingly loses to peaceboy (who finishes 10th) thanks to ex-Red Devil Mario Gomez which costs him 2nd place after Erkifino sees Romelu Lukaku score a hat-trick and Neymar strike twice against Man City to finish 2nd. AMC nearly lost 4th place after Josef Martinez looks to have won the game for Mark but Arjen Robben responded immediately, earning a point that puts AMC in the Champions League next season by goal difference after Portsmouth were held to a 0:0 draw by ebfatz who will be delighted to finish 6th. Dermotron (Gonzalo Higuain brace) and AJ (Arturo Vidal and Kwadwo Asamoah) beat Chelsea and Crystal Palace respectively to finish 7th and 8th whilst samsami ends on a high with Mauro Icardi scoring twice to finish 12th for Newcastle. That leaves goals from Riechedly Bazoer and Luke Shaw earning victory to finish 14th for rakanj who will no doubt be looking forwards to reshaping the squad in his own mould now!

24th May
    Champions League, Final
    Southampton 2:3 Aston Villa

Erkifino was heavy favourite going into this game with many a neutral rooting for Dermotron to win his first DTL trophy. But things started badly for Southampton when Muller scored after 3 minutes and again just before half-time. Saints did come back out firing and immediately got themselves back into the fame as Lucas and Dayot Upamecano levelled things up within 9 minutes! But Di Maria struck in the final once more and that turned out to be a winner. Congratulations once again to Erkifino!

I want to cap this season with thanks to everyone who took part this season, it's great to see that we're still going strong after 11 seasons! As ever, we'll get to work on preparing for season 12 and hopefully I'll see you all involved once again!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Kind of Mark. Realistically after a strike the manager should be posting a new selection since you are saying stick to the team when there was a strike
    Quote Originally Posted by Erkifino View Post
    Yeah, if the original formation was 6 pages back the least we could is quote the post?
    Yes, that would be helpful for me to at least put that up. I did notice last week when samsami was sacked in game, I had to go back a long way just to find out what his tactic was so I could set it again after adding him back in as manager.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    We're the Mayo of the DTL, always the bridesmaids

Congrats to Erk, Redders and trunky for mopping up the silverware

And thanks again to Mark for running the DTL, epic as always

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - that looks like a really devastating CL 2nd leg loss

And Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - we fecking lose the FA Cup Final AND the League Cup Final

At least we secured the League easy enough (and good job as well as we stuttered towards end!)

Cannot wait to see the save and how we Erk done us over in 2 comps

Congrats to all involved and a massive to Mark for unning one of the best things on the site.

I was hanging on every word of this final write up with so much on it!

Can't believe Marko went down - gonna eb lonely next year

Well in Pyro and Drk for coming up

Bloody Erk - helluva squad you got there and my nemesis - but on the trophies

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    P.S - Wasn't that my 3rd league Mark

"Congratulations must go to Redknapp69 for earning his second Premier League title! "

vCash
    Two points. I have always made an effort to post a formation up, even if its just a duplicate of the previous week. I know i stuck the final week, but that was my only time this campaign and it was because my computer was taken over by evil spirits that were hellbent on freezing every programme. The effort Mark puts in here, we should really all try our best to help him out as much as we can.

Second point. I just want to thanks Mark for all his help, i've been playing this now for a ridiculous amount of time, and wednesdays are always a highlight of my week, just because of this. I can imagine it is sometimes frustrating and can feel thankless when people are complaining about x-y-z, but i am sure that i speak for all when i say you have done a great job, and youre making a few saddo champman fans very very happy indeed!

Roll on Season 12.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peaceboy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Awesome write up Mark, cheers for running this again!

Gutted to have lost the Europa League Final, well done trunky though, and all other winners this season

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    P.S - Wasn't that my 3rd league Mark

"Congratulations must go to Redknapp69 for earning his second Premier League title! "
    Ah yes, I stand corrected! Not sure why but I did scan through the roll of honour and thought I only saw it appear once!
    The Alphabet Game #3

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff as always Mark. Thanks for running this.

Unlucky not to stay up. Deprived by yourprevious boro side and previous dtl winners man city.

What a finish to the season. Personally I was hoping for the fa cup as it was me vs redders I'm a cup final but I'm delighted to have nicked the CL trophy as I didn't think we had it in the reserves to get out of the semi final. A strong finish to the season from villa. Fecking draws killed us... A throwback to our pre Rooney days. 6 points in it at the end...

Unlucky dermo. Oh the red and green of Mayo...
    Unlucky AMC, solid season from Hull though! CL in the bag.
    Trunky's rag tag crew doing him proud. Grats
    Congratulations and commiserations Redders.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    "samsami ends on a high with Mauro Icardi scoring twice to finish 12th"

a bit of irony there?

what a horrible season!

vCash
    Congrats all the winners!
    Very well done.

20 wins in the season for little old Norwich. Can't be sniffed at! Just need to cut out some of the losses.

Only a point of the Champions League places as well.

Looks like I might have to spend some dollar in the hagglefest to improve us though!

Cheers as always Mark. Stellar effort this season.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great end to the season, unbeaten and with a European final win, the manager's favourite of all the European finals.

It's been a better season than I thought would happen, it seems a disappointment to finish in 5th! Well done on the people that won stuff. Good job on the league Redders, though I suspect if Erk had picked my formation up earlier the outcome might have been a little different Well done to Erk for the CL and FA Cup success and to AMC for nipping in to collect 4th. Sorry about the Europa mate, I genuinely thought a change of formation would perk up the boys! Unlucky on getting relegated Mark...still...bounce them back straight up time!

Here's to next season!

Cheers Mark for all the hard work you put in, it's one of my highlights of the week and amuses the missus no end. "You have to what now? Get home because you need to see the save? Riiiiight..."

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'd have swapped you 4th for the Europa League mate.

vCash
    Champions League with the mighty Hull! Imagine the open top bus...go around the harbour 30 times.

No Championship table Mark? Always the same, forget about the little people

vCash
    Got to win it first, at least that Europa League title is in the bag already and available for a tour round the current Capital of Culture.

vCash
    Great write up on this. Just a shame we don't get all managers in the premiership. Just relegate man city instead mark and stay up. I have enjoyed this game Alot since joining. Here's hoping I can keep up next year in Season 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Champions League with the mighty Hull! Imagine the open top bus...go around the harbour 30 times.

No Championship table Mark? Always the same, forget about the little people
    Oops, I did upload it to postimg but never added the link! It's on now
    The Alphabet Game #3

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    3rd place is not too shabby.

Congrats to all the winners

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janis89 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Swans 2-1 Villa Cheeky away goal. Swans couldn't their shots on target, thankfully.
    Everton 0-1 Villa. Solid team display.
    Villa 1-0 Swans We made the most of home advantage. Swans shooting was atrocious...maybe our defending was that good?
    Villa 3-1 Swans If there was a time to hit form, it's the month you play Swansea 3 times! Deserved win I think.
    Villa 5-0 Arsenal. Unlucky for Mark that we've hit top gear. The game that condemned them?
    Villa 5-1 City. They score with their one shot on target.
    Saints 2-3 Villa. Could've went either way. Not my first choice strikeforce but I'm spoiled for choice. Dermo didn't appear to have his chosen XI... Classic Assman...

Benzema and Higuain jumped ship this season, the former tied with Neymar at 16 league goals, the latter running away with the golden boot with 21.
    Tammy Abraham caught my eye in the championship 43 app 45 goals!
    West Ham dominating the team of the year.
    HAZARD IS ATROCIOUS THIS UPDATE!

Portsmouth were the surprise package this season, topping the table on one occasion.

With the flurry of late goals (10 in last 2 games) Villa finish top scorers. Pure Arsenal, no pressure lads!
    Hull rock solid in defence with 26 conceded, although the 'draw kings' this time out.

Let the haggles begin

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Erkifino For This Useful Post:

vCash
    thanks a lot for your efforts mark, very well done and looking forward for the new season where i can build my own team.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to rakanj For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast