Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transfer Tool - An open source program to add and edit players using spreadsheets

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    on that file, load it into Notepad, then press Crtl+H and in the Find what: box put ; and Replace with: box put , - then press Replace All

Repeat then for [None] in Find what: but this time DELETE the contents of the Replace with: box

Save and try the file again

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hello friends, greetings! I am Brazilian and I am using this tool to update the database and it works perfectly. The only thing I noticed is that the "on loan from" column doesn't work. Is it possible to borrow this tool to update the game? when I say loan is for example: "Dani Ceballos loan from Real Madrid to Arsenal" but the home club remains Real Madrid. Thank you

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    You will need to use CM0102ed.exe to set them up or edit player_setup.cfg in Notepad (or excel if you are proficient in it)

vCash
    An extremely minor update to Transfer Tool: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/TransferTool_105.zip

I made this mainly for me, so I could quickly modify the March 2019 update a bit to have a quick 2019 game while we wait for the update gods to give us the new update in October or whenever

What I found tricky about about the Transfer Tool was I could not upload a Database, export the data csv, fiddle with it a little bit to shift players around clubs and then import it in without seeing lots of errors, new unmatched players, etc.

So how this particular version should be used:
    1) Click Open and go to your Data directory and load up the index.dat
    2) Click on Data Export tab, then click on the new "Player List (Transfer Importer Format) (NO ACCENTS)" and then click on Export Data and export to CSV.
    3) Fiddle around with CSV in Excel. Save it in the same CSV format when done.
    4) Go to Transfer Import tab and click Open File and load the data in. If all is good and no errors, etc you can click "Import Data" then click "Save" at the top (i.e. not "Save File") to save the Database out. If you're editing a Data file that's in Program Files (x86) or similar you may want to run Transfer Tool as Administrator beforehand else you might not be able to save.
    5) If you get lots of errors, or "Players to be created" then click "Save Data" to get a CSV that has more columns at the end to indicate the errors. It has two new columns called "Errored" and "New Player" so you can easily search out the bad rows by filtering in Excel.

Hope it's useful to someone other than me, but if not, oh well

Changes:
    * Handles Unicode apostrophes in no accents mode
    * Outputs two new columns on "Save Data" to allow easy finding of New Players and Errors
    * New option to only export Player data (as Importing non-players does not work anyway right now)
    * Outputs blank rather than [None] for easy reloading of data without errors
    * Changed defaults a little to make loading of current data a bit more obvious/easy
    (source at: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/Tr...ource_code.zip)

-Nick

ps
    ProTip
    I find it useful to insert a new column to get a new blank Column A and put in the formula =B2&" "&C2 to get a full name you can search for and copy it all down the column (if you're using Find in Excel make sure it has "Look In" set to "Values" rather than "Formulas"). Makes looking up players easier. I may programatically add it in the future, but it would break the import format for old versions/existing files - so not sure yet.
    (Obviously delete the column before saving else it won't import correctly)

EDIT2:
    Import seems a bit bugged - maybe hold off till I do a 1.0.5 [FIXED]

EDIT3:
    Fixed with new 1.0.5 build

EDIT4:
    New version of 1.0.5 uploaded with all required DLLs, etc in the zip
    Last edited by Nick+Co; 13-08-19 at 07:11 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash

New Version 1.0.5

Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    An extremely minor update to Transfer Tool: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/TransferTool105.zip (you may need to copy this over a 1.0.3 installation - but may work just fine without it)

I made this mainly for me, so I could quickly modify the March 2019 update a bit to have a quick 2019 game while we wait for the update gods to give us the new update in October or whenever

What I found tricky about about the Transfer Tool was I could not upload a Database, export the data csv, fiddle with it a little bit to shift players around clubs and then import it in without seeing lots of errors, new unmatched players, etc.

2) Click on Data Export tab, then click on the new "Player List (Transfer Importer Format) (NO ACCENTS)" and then click on Export Data and export to CSV.
    4) Go to Transfer Import tab and click Open File and load the data in. If all is good and no errors, etc you can click "Import Data" then click "Save" at the top (i.e. not "Save File") to save the Database out. If you're editing a Data file that's in Program Files (x86) or similar you may want to run Transfer Tool as Administrator beforehand else you might not be able to save.
    5) If you get lots of errors, or "Players to be created" then click "Save Data" to get a CSV that has more columns at the end to indicate the errors. It has two new columns called "Errored" and "New Player" so you can easily search out the bad rows by filtering in Excel.

Changes:
    * Outputs two new columns on "Save Data" to allow easy finding of New Players and Errors
    * New option to only export Player data (as Importing non-players does not work anyway right now)
    * Changed defaults a little to make loading of current data a bit more obvious/easy

-Nick

ps
    ProTip
    I find it useful to insert a new column to get a new blank Column A and put in the formula =B2&" "&C2 to get a full name you can search for and copy it all down the column (if you're using Find in Excel make sure it has "Look In" set to "Values" rather than "Formulas"). Makes looking up players easier. I may programatically add it in the future, but it would break the import format for old versions/existing files - so not sure yet.

EDIT2:

EDIT3:
    Hello, I could not test your version because the .zip file does not open presenting error on my computer. I have version 1.0.3 installed, tried to replace, but could not. Can you make the full folder available for download? how is it in the link of the first post of this tool? Another thing, the change itself of this version of yours is the inclusion of a new column with the new players to be created, right? At least that's what I understood in the text, if I have more things, I'm sorry, but in the translation I must have ended up not understanding correctly ...

vCash
    An extremely minor update to Transfer Tool: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/TransferTool105.zip (you may need to copy this over a 1.0.3 installation - but may work just fine without it)

Changes:

-Nick

ps
    ProTip

EDIT2:

EDIT3:
    Hello, I could not test your version because the .zip file does not open presenting error on my computer. I have version 1.0.3 installed, tried to replace, but could not. Can you make the full folder available for download? how is it in the link of the first post of this tool? Another thing, the change itself of this version of yours is the inclusion of a new column with the new players to be created, right? At least that's what I understood in the text, if I have more things, I'm sorry, but in the translation I must have ended up not understanding correctly ...

vCash

New Question

Changes:

-Nick

ps
    ProTip

EDIT2:

EDIT3:

vCash
    Ascenio: I've tried downloading on different computers and my phone - and the zip opens fine in all of them. Maybe try downloading it again with another web browser and see if that helps? What error do you get?
    The key addition with this version is to have a very simple version where you can quickly export the players to a .csv, change that clubs they play at, then upload it back in without getting a load of errors and players not matching. When I tried the 1.0.3 version I got too many errors and it not matching players.

With 1.0.5, I quickly got the March 2019 database and updated the premiership to present transfers and uploaded it and got 100% matching - which is all I really wanted

vCash

Transfer Tool 1.05

Ascenio: I've tried downloading on different computers and my phone - and the zip opens fine in all of them. Maybe try downloading it again with another web browser and see if that helps? What error do you get?
    The key addition with this version is to have a very simple version where you can quickly export the players to a .csv, change that clubs they play at, then upload it back in without getting a load of errors and players not matching. When I tried the 1.0.3 version I got too many errors and it not matching players.

With 1.0.5, I quickly got the March 2019 database and updated the premiership to present transfers and uploaded it and got 100% matching - which is all I really wanted
    Nick, thanks for the return. Downloaded by different browsers (Chrome and Internet Explorer), the .zip file opens on my computer and I can extract the files normally, but when I click on the transfer tool the following message displays: "this application failed to start because on QT platform plugin could be initialized. Reistalling the application may fix this problem. " I also tried to install in the folder where version 1.03 is installed, overwriting data, but to no avail.
    I installed version 1.03 as the first post, following all the steps and got no error, I'm even using, but as you said, to upgrade your version would be much more practical.
    If you can help me, I am grateful, for your explanation this version will help me a lot in updating for the CM Brazil group.

vCash
    Ahhh, I think I've got it figured out now.

Please find a full install version at: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/TransferTool_105.zip

That should work.

-Nick

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick+Co For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ahhh, I think I've got it figured out now.

Please find a full install version at: https://nic.hopto.org/open/cm0102/TransferTool_105.zip

That should work.

-Nick
    It's really great to see others take the Transfer Tool and modify it for their own needs. :-)

If you release a new version of the Tool in the future, would you mind please including the source code? I deliberately released the Tool under the GNU General Public License v3 which basically means that you can edit and/or use my code so long as you release your program under the same licence (i.e. you make your program free and open source). This is just so that others can further modify the Tool as they see fit and then share it with others. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to archibalduk For This Useful Post:

vCash
    @archibalduk: I did release the source code. From the original post:
    If you'd prefer I put it in the binary zip instead of separate - I can do that too - I'm easy. My changes were marked with // Nick as they were only tiny and a bit hacky

vCash
    hey guys, ive also been making some changes to transfertool, since last year. Basically some adjustments for the update team, and most importantly I added a clubs importer. I'll release it public. Later I can merge Nick's change into it if compatible so we can have a single public version to make future progress

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    hey guys, ive also been making some changes to transfertool, since last year. Basically some adjustments for the update team, and most importantly I added a clubs importer. I'll release it public. Later I can merge Nick's change into it if compatible so we can have a single public version to make future progress
    So, I made it public now too. Thanks to archibalduk for great tool and code. Also thanks for Nick's latest changes (which I will merge in later).

Newest version: TransferTool v1.1.2 download

Full changelog from v1.0.3 to v1.1.2:

• updated world rep conversion table as used by update team
    • updated vlookup_nations.csv as used by update team
    • Fixed "Club Name Lookup" toggle setting being ignored
    • Fixed issue when many dates were being off by 1 day (which were causing some player matching to fail).
    • Player matching more precise (now it compares the full Date Of Birth instead of only the Year Of Birth)
    • New feature: Clubs importer!
    • Added option to export clubs in importer format as well.

(source code: https://github.com/MScientistCM/Tran...ive/v1.1.2.zip)

This version still without Nick's changes, later i should merge them in a new release. For now if you want to use Nick's changes then use the link from his post.

vCash
    by the way, @nick and @archie , the code project of TransferTool for programmers is in: https://github.com/MScientistCM/TransferTool .

I will merge Nick's changes into there. And I propose we use that project for future code changes. I gave both of you permissions to push code and to publish new releases, but any other programmers around are also welcome to do that.

@archie, I sent request to transfer ownership of that project from my github account to your github account, if you don't mind you can just click the accept link and it will transfer (everytthing else will stay intact including our permissions to push and publish), or if you dont want then we can keep ownership with me, no problem
    Last edited by MadScientist; 14-08-19 at 06:59 PM.

vCash
    @archibalduk: I did release the source code. From the original post:

If you'd prefer I put it in the binary zip instead of separate - I can do that too - I'm easy. My changes were marked with // Nick as they were only tiny and a bit hacky
    Ah my mistake - very sorry. I downloaded the latest binary zip only. So long as the source code is public in some way then that's great. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    by the way, @nick and @archie , the code project of TransferTool for programmers is in: https://github.com/MScientistCM/TransferTool .

I will merge Nick's changes into there. And I propose we use that project for future code changes. I gave both of you permissions to push code and to publish new releases, but any other programmers around are also welcome to do that.

@archie, I sent request to transfer ownership of that project from my github account to your github account, if you don't mind you can just click the accept link and it will transfer (everytthing else will stay intact including our permissions to push and publish), or if you dont want then we can keep ownership with me, no problem
    Thanks! I have accepted ownership. Thanks so much for taking this on and improving this tool.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to archibalduk For This Useful Post:

vCash
    New version of TransferTool, now with the changes from Nick merged:

Download TransferTool v1.1.3: https://github.com/archibalduk/Trans...Tool_1.1.3.zip

Changelog from v1.1.2 to v1.1.3:

• Merged Nick's changes:
      • option to export players only
      • two extra columns on "Save Data" for easy finding errors and new players
      • better default settings

Thanks Nick!
    (source code: https://github.com/archibalduk/Trans...ive/v1.1.3.zip)

Notes:
    I didn't merge the change to remove the [None] text as I find it useful to search for it in csv file.
    I didnt merge the apostrofe change as im unsure, per the table im looking its hex 0x60 not 0x92 not sure which is right

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123