Thread: 4132 - Best Players

vCash

4132 - Best Players

Evening all!

SO to paint the tactical picture I am using Dermo's 4132 NWW with a dose of Tapani's set piece instructions thrown in for good measure and the season I've just finished with Man City (ODB) has proved it to be a solid formation so why the thread...?

Pretty simple... are their certain players better suited to certain positions in this tactic or will anyone basically work anywhere?

Example 1 - DMC - should I use a DMC or is it better to use a D/DMC as suggested either here somewhere or elsewhere on t'internet?

What about the MC positions? do I need MLC/MC/MRC or AMLC/AMC/AMRC or will wingers work there even though its a narrow formation?

I'm probably being totally nave so forgive the (potential) stupidity of my question!

Thanks all

vCash
    I would use a normal DMC, no need for a D/DMC with two DCs behind him. Buy Fede San Emeterio, excellent player.

I would use three central midfielders, maybe with arrows forward on the one in the middle or the two on the sides. It doesn't matter much if it's DMC/MC/AMC/AMRLC or whatever, as long as they the skills (passing/creativity/off the ball/tackling/decicions/work rate etc).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicAnt For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks A Double

vCash
    I always go for these types of players in that formation:

DR/DL: When I play big matches where I want to be defensively solid I put a DR(C) or DL(C) there, because they have better defensive stats. When I want more attacking fullbacks I go with a D/DMRL who usually have better offensive stats.

DC: DC or SW/DC, doesn't really matter to me.

DMC: I go with D/DMC or DMC. Sometimes even a good physical MC with decent positioning.

MC: On the two outside MC spots I usually put AMC's with good dribbling and off the ball skills. AMR/L works here as well. On the middle MC spot I put a DMC, MC or AMC, but they must have good creativity, flair and passing. I usually set the middle MC on a free role as well.

SC: I always want one forward (either FC or SC) that has decent strength, balance and passing. I set him to hold ball and try through balls. The other striker (either FC or SC) has to have good pace/acceleration, dribbling and off the ball. I set him on forward runs and run with ball.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks Ray. Some good tips there

vCash
    Regarding the DMC position, I think it might depend more on the role you want them to fulfill.

I think a few folk like to give that position the playmaker instruction. But I found a lot of the defensively strong DMCs that could still pass a ball were beyond my budget. In one of my most enjoyable games, I blew my starting money on an aging Guti (MC) to be a playmaking link and he did really well. A bit of a poor man's pretend Pirlo, I suppose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugong View Post
    Regarding the DMC position, I think it might depend more on the role you want them to fulfill.

I think a few folk like to give that position the playmaker instruction. But I found a lot of the defensively strong DMCs that could still pass a ball were beyond my budget. In one of my most enjoyable games, I blew my starting money on an aging Guti (MC) to be a playmaking link and he did really well. A bit of a poor man's pretend Pirlo, I suppose.
    Ye, any MC/AMC with decent positioning will do good on the DMC spot. The only time that I really want a DMC with good defensive stats there is when the AI plays with an AMC themselves.

vCash
    I'm curious,
    is not it that you could share the tactic file you're talking about?

Many thanks

vCash
    As you guys asked so nicely...!

Use the default 4132. No Changes to the arrows.

Team - Attacking, Short, Hard, Offside & Pressing

Players - Default unless stated below:

Passing - GK Mixed
    Pressing - All on 'Team'
    Set Pieces (A) - MLC & MRC 'Forward', DMC 'Back'
    Set Pieces (D) - As above
    Fwd Runs - MLC, MRC, MC, FC x 2 all 'Yes'
    Run W/Ball - DL, DR, DMC, MLC, MRC, MC, FC x 2 all 'Yes'
    Hold Up - Right side Striker
    Thru Ball - MC
    Long Shots - MLC & MRC
    Cross - DL & DR
    Marking - DC's 'Man' Everyone else 'Zonal' GK 'None'

That's all there is to it and all credit goes to Dermotron for 99% of the instructions and Tapani for his tips in the NWW thread about set pieces

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SRW1977 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    hy srw1977 ! This is good for 4-2-3-1 formation too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Antitoxin_ConcealedBodkin View Post
    hy srw1977 ! This is good for 4-2-3-1 formation too?
    Not tried it so wouldn't want to say for sure mate! Give it a go and let us know