Thread: Idea for a new type of football manager game

vCash

Idea for a new type of football manager game

I've come up with an idea for a new type of football manager game. If this has already been done and I've missed it, apologies.

Basically the idea is to start the game in the past (so the 2017 version could start in say, 1997) and work your way up to the present moment (2017). The benefit of this is that all the match results and transfers happening around you would be the REAL results and transfers that actually happened that season in real life, bringing a greater sense of realness to the game. All the youth players coming through would be the actual ones that did come through instead of regens. Footballing events that actually happened (amusing press conferences etc) could be shown and the player would get reminders of when this or that happened in real life, that they'd forgotten about.

Your challenge would be to change what actually happened in football history. Your club's results and transfers and fate would be down to what you do as the manager, but everything else going on around your club would be set in stone from the way events actually played out.

So it's a manager game based on history that uses events that already happened in real life, to it's advantage, to bring a greater realism to the game. Does anyone agree that this is a decent concept or am I out of my mind?

vCash
    Sounds interesting.

The game would be in a heap when you made your first signing though. If you make a signing that wasn't in the history books, it would start a domino effect. Who does that team replace their player with. When you get promoted who goes with you? Who gets relegated? While the challenge would be rewriting history for your club, it would have all kinds if ripple effects.

Don't let me knock your idea though. Keep working on it!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sam11 View Post
    The benefit of this is that all the match results and transfers happening around you would be the REAL results and transfers that actually happened that season in real life, bringing a greater sense of realness to the game.
    Eh.. not sure if I got this. Lets say some game in the past finished 1-0. In your game however, you bought the player who scored the 1-0 goal! What would then happen to the result? The match would have to be calculated again, and history would be altered.

Or were you thinking all transfers etc. would be pre-determined? I mean, why would you be able to alter history if nobody else can? Seems a bit unfair?