Thread: Bankrupt clubs - How long does a takeover take?

vCash

Bankrupt clubs - How long does a takeover take?

Anyone shed any light on this or is it random?

I'm playing as Forest on ODB who are 18m in debt. it's only September but is the game going to keep my waiting until the end of the season for some money??

vCash
    In Iain McKintosh's Everton game it took 4 years or something ridiculous to get the takeover... https://thesetpieces.com/features/cm...rn-pre-season/

I have never seen it take more than one year

vCash
    It seems to be set club to club (or league to league). I was with a Russian club before and it triggered between 10-10.5m in debt without fail

vCash
    In game bankrupt clubs with high reputation 8500-10000, 3-4 times new board takeover in one year.

vCash

Red face What does it take for a club get a cash injection from the shareholders?

Is there any specific pattern as to what it takes? I mean, of course you would have to be pretty low on money, having less than 10m in the bank I assume, possibly much less than that and closer to zero.

But apart from the obvious, is there any pattern or something in how the plc/shareholder cash injection system works?

According to my sparse personal experience on the matter, it mostly seems like a lottery. My guess would be that if you have less than, say, 5-10m in the bank by April 1st, you might have a 20-40% chance to get a cash injection from the shareholder (if your club is a plc).

It would be great to have more knowledge about this topic though. If there is a more detailed pattern/system regarding cash injection it could be useful to plan and time leading up to April 1st, buying players for an appropriate amount etc. Few things in the game annoy me more than having my hard earned money, earmarked for future marquee signings, stolen by the shareholders. And similarly, missing out on appreciated cash injections from the same shareholders just because they think I have more than enough money as it is. It is annoying to basically get punished because you are economically responsible. That seems the be the primary aim of shareholders

vCash
    From my experience the balance in the bank doesn't affect the frequency or amount of cash injections. My guess is that the chairman of the club plays a big role on whether you will get injections and how often.

I managed CSKA in a previous save and received a cash injection of $29 million in my second season while having ~$4 mil in the bank. Received another $35 million injection two seasons later that took my balances over $100 mil.

Interestingly, my chairman's Resources stat went down from 14 to 13 right after the injection and never recovered. I would also guess that Business Acumen and Ambition also play a role.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ForzaJuve View Post
    Interestingly, my chairman's Resources stat went down from 14 to 13 right after the injection and never recovered.
    interesting, i guess thats him losing credibility among the investors like the more he injects cash, the less able he will be to inject in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    interesting, i guess thats him losing credibility among the investors like the more he injects cash, the less able he will be to inject in the future.
    I keep wondering if that was a coincidence, had no idea that chairman stats could change though.

For now I'm stuck with a crappy (and very young so no chance or retirement) chairman at Hoffenheim that I'm attempting to get rid off by bankrupting the club and getting a new board in. Releasing players on free and paying early contract termination fees, signing high wage loan players and staff, etc. If anyone has any suggestions on how to speed up the process, please let me know.

Also, does anyone know when the "bankrupt" status comes in? I'm still at "insecure"

vCash
    Excuse me but how do you see these chairman attributes, as in this picture? Is it some patch that does this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hausverkur View Post
    Excuse me but how do you see these chairman attributes, as in this picture? Is it some patch that does this?
    Not sure if you can do it on all chairmen/women

But click on finance/info (from squad page) then click on Chairman name

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hausverkur View Post

You have to start a game with the ARSE command enabled. ARSE was programmed by the game developers as a hidden feature of sorts, I almost never start a new game without it.
    Stolen from another post somewhere on the internet:

It is a command for Cm0001 and CM0102 that you can add to player_setup.cfg to get the following effects

Your players CAN make obscene gestures to the crowd.
    Your physio/scouts CAN (not will) give negative comments as well.
    See your chairman's stats (Cm0102 Only).
    Increased chance of your players going AWOL

To get it to work, open c:\program files\championsip manager 01-02\data\player_setup.cfg in any text editor. e.g. Notepad. Make sure this file is not read-only before you do so, otherwise you won't be able to save. To do this, right click on the file, select properties and uncheck the 'read-only' box, then click on OK. Only then should you open it in your chosen text editor.

In player_setup.cfg, scroll to the bottom, and take a new line (if there isn't a blank line there to begin with), then type exactly "ARSE" - with quotes - and save. Start a new game to enable it. Note that you might not see the changes take effect straight away.
    Also, you can enable it with the official pre-game editor that came with the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post

Only with ARSE enabled, otherwise it only shows the Chairman's DOB and age.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post

You can't do that on everybody. Not with my chairman at Sunderland at least.