Page 11 of 228 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 5690

Thread: Jack to a King? – A Swansea City Story – by Redknapp69

  1. #251

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    28,692
    vCash
    0
    Squad looks pretty strong to me now - Could be set for a decent finish despite the step up.

  2. #252

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Squad looks pretty strong to me now - Could be set for a decent finish despite the step up.
    It’s a complete unknown isn’t it - that’s the joy!

    The step up could be too big and we could fight relegation but with a better squad then maybe top half or better achievable?!

    Be interesting how finances look during season with higher wage expenditure but maybe bigger gate receipts if bigger grounds in the next league up

  3. #253

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032


    Pre-Season friendlies

    “Easy pickings to start off the new season”

    An amazing 1.5k turned out for the game v Briton Ferry

    They held out but we were easy winners in 2nd half



    Gareth Phillips he pick playing in the DM role deputising for Lacey

    Spoiler!



    Injury News

    Alsop out for 10 days leaves him a doubt for the opening fixture which is not ideal



    Transfer News – IN

    David Graham agrees to join us for Ł200k – he looks a VERY attacking midfielder and scored 24 goals last year!






    “Injuries marr a comfortable win against the “Steelworkers”"


    Well – David Graham starts his debut in magnificent style with a goal after 1 minute

    Struggled to get the 2nd until late but again a pretty easy outing

    Only negative is 2 injuries to key players



    John Robinson starts off like a steam train in his Swansea career as well!

    Spoiler!



    Injury News
    Phillips and Derry out for 2 weeks and will miss the first 2 league games






    “Awful performance from those who should be looking to impress”

    We started the final pre-season game v Rhyl with a lot of youth players and very much a “thrown together” team with no cohesion

    They still should have been good enough to beat the opposition but miserably failed



    Awful performances from actually the more senior members playing! Lodge/Walker/Akinbiyi and Mumford have all since been warned. Lodge and Mumford agreed they had been shite – Walker didn’t reply back to me – muppet……….

    Spoiler!

  4. #254

    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,229
    vCash
    0
    My goodness! Did you tell them to go easy on the tackling as you probably should in friendlies?
    Or is it just bad luck, those injuries?

  5. #255

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,607
    vCash
    3792
    And that's why I rather not play friendlies and if I do I always set tackling to easy. But since you can't control your opponents tackling I rather not play friendlies at all!

  6. #256

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    My goodness! Did you tell them to go easy on the tackling as you probably should in friendlies?
    Or is it just bad luck, those injuries?

    Didn’t change my tactics - never do

    Lesson learned maybe - will check out the report again why they happened

  7. #257

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay86 View Post
    And that's why I rather not play friendlies and if I do I always set tackling to easy. But since you can't control your opponents tackling I rather not play friendlies at all!
    Go hard or go home I say

    Always like a couple of friendliest from a mental side and trying combinations more than anything else

    Also helps remove the ‘not match fit’ concern as well on some players

  8. #258

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    28,692
    vCash
    0
    Oops, ended the friendlies on a downer. Suppose that's why that group are the youth/fringe players!

    Graham looks tidy, some good 20's in there!

  9. #259

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Oops, ended the friendlies on a downer. Suppose that's why that group are the youth/fringe players!

    Graham looks tidy, some good 20's in there!
    I’m still angry about the last friendly

    The 20 for finishing looks insane - deffo a great attacking midfield option especially at home

  10. #260

    Join Date
    31-07-15
    Location
    Nijmegen, Netherlands
    Posts
    615
    vCash
    10500
    No Welsh players signed this summer?

  11. #261

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by Včrkűh View Post
    No Welsh players signed this summer?
    Yep - midfielder Robinson

    I have a ‘Welsh Watch’ coming up in next update showing who the Welsh players are and how many in match day squad (I will have minimum 3 in every squad)

  12. #262

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032


    First day of the new season and the Swans fans are out in their droves for the visit of Northampton…………..well – not really – just 6.5k turn up leaving 3.5k empty seats!

    Alsop, Phillips, Derry and Lacey all injured!

    We go for an attacking looking team to start the season off with!




    And, just for those of you wandering what the “Welsh player quota” is looking like (I will have 3 Welsh players in every matchday squad) then here’s the first team Welsh players



    “An opening day home win for the Swans in League One!”

    Blood and Thunder first half with no less than 15 shots between the teams!

    We take the deserved lead on 30 minutes with Goodfellow proving he’s just that heading in a crossafter some excellent work by Graham who scores a 2nd headed goal for us!

    Just 3 minutes later and it’s pandemonium at The Vetch Field when Graham sends another ball in the box for Jack

    But the crowd are brought back down to earth 3 mins later when a low drive beats Freestone

    2-1 at the break which is a fair scoreline

    Jack looks to have a niggle and with current injury liost, I’m not risking him so Lee Jenkins comes on

    The 2nd half is a much tighter affair and only 2 shots between the team – weird!

    Goodfellow and Thomas have niggles so I bring on big Ade Akinbiyi who does grand job in holding the ball up and help seeing out the game for us




    3 points in the first game in League One – gerrin there! 

    Real strong performance down the spine of the team there

    Spoiler!



    We are away to Luton next who had a 2-0 win on the opening day themselves

    We go with the same team but asks the full backs not to bomb on as much. Alsop also comes in for the unlucky Goodfellow who scored in the last game

    “Swans suffer sucker punch equaliser late on”

    A real nervy start to the game from both sides.

    We then start to have the better of it but no clear cut chances

    Then just before the break, a long ball is played up to Alsop who co trolls it well and chips it back to the oncoming playmaker John Robinson who blams it on the half volley and nearly breaks the net!

    1-0 at HT in a game we have shaded away from home

    Thomas and Jack get in some good positions but can’t get the 2nd

    Then Alsop pulls up again. Just back from injury but is struggling. I choose to take him off – did I bring him back too quickly?

    Lee Jenkins also replaces Robinson who has put a hell of a shift in

    We are pushing to make the game safe when Luton’s Thorpe glides past Graham and he bury’s it in the top corner

    Noooooooooooooooooooo

    We push very hard for the winner but it does not materialise




    An away draw in a game we maybe deserved the points but an away point cannot be a bad result in this league

    Yates was a rock as DM and Jack again instrumental. Luton’s ‘keeper had a blinder as well!

    Spoiler!



    8th place in the table after 2 games


  13. #263

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,607
    vCash
    3792
    Two decent games to start with, but the Luton draw must feel bad. When are the injuries returning?

  14. #264

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Location
    Nothing, England
    Posts
    2,828
    vCash
    4000
    Not a bad start to the new life. Graham's going to be a good option for extra goals from the midfield. Let's see how it goes

  15. #265

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay86 View Post
    Two decent games to start with, but the Luton draw must feel bad. When are the injuries returning?
    Yeah - Luton was a kick in the balks but I’ll take 4 points from 2 games in the higher league!

    Most injuries clearing up in next few games - Lacey will need to be handled carefully after 6 months out

  16. #266

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Not a bad start to the new life. Graham's going to be a good option for extra goals from the midfield. Let's see how it goes
    He could be awesome but I’m worried about him in away games
    Could play further up top maybe but as our philosophy is attack then feck it!

    I try and play a ‘sitter’ in middle of 3 CM when playing away for extra security

  17. #267

    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,229
    vCash
    0
    Still undefeated!

  18. #268

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    28,692
    vCash
    0
    Decent enough start considering it's a step up. Good to see Goodfellow scoring and was going to say Robinson started off quietly but then scored in the next one, good to see!

  19. #269

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Still undefeated!
    Only 2 games mate

    But a good start for sure!

  20. #270

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Decent enough start considering it's a step up. Good to see Goodfellow scoring and was going to say Robinson started off quietly but then scored in the next one, good to see!

    Yes - Goodfellow is behinf Alsop and Thomas but will get plenty of game time

    Robinson at home is playing sitting CM so not ideal for him - doing a job for the team as Grahan and Jack have forward arrows

  21. #271

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032


    EFL Cup – First Round



    No changes in squad selection but Phillips comes back on to the bench following injury

    “Phenomenal first half steers Swans into Round 2!”

    Straight off you could see the gulf in class between divisions but to be fair Rushden’s keeper had a mare – 5 shots and 4 goals conceded!

    A range of scorers and the game looks over at half time so I choose to make changes as a league game in a few days time

    Game management 2nd half and we reserve our energy. We continued to plu away but to be fair Rushden’s defence held us out

    We’ll take a 4-0 and through to the next round though!



    Jack and Thomas standout performers but the front 5 were imperious today

    Spoiler!



    EFL Cup 2nd Round Draw

    We’ll play Saints at home – that will be a proper test!




    4th placed Lincoln up next in the League

    Shaun Derry comes back into the heart of the defence and Ifil drops to bench. Otherwise, we go again!

    “Swans leave shooting boots at home in a scoreless game”

    Such a tight first half. We are the controlling it better and have a goal ruled out for offside but it’s as tight as you get

    Jack has a niggle so comes off at HT, this has happened in a few games now. I think he needs to bulk up a bit which we’ll work on off the field.

    We completely dominate the 2nd half and create some good situations but in truth so not test the keeper as much as we should

    The game ends in a limp draw from our side – especially being at home



    Yates again MOM and does Lacey have a job getting his place back?!

    Spoiler!



    We drop to 10th after that draw


  22. #272

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,607
    vCash
    3792
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post


    EFL Cup – First Round



    No changes in squad selection but Phillips comes back on to the bench following injury

    “Phenomenal first half steers Swans into Round 2!”

    Straight off you could see the gulf in class between divisions but to be fair Rushden’s keeper had a mare – 5 shots and 4 goals conceded!

    A range of scorers and the game looks over at half time so I choose to make changes as a league game in a few days time

    Game management 2nd half and we reserve our energy. We continued to plu away but to be fair Rushden’s defence held us out

    We’ll take a 4-0 and through to the next round though!



    Jack and Thomas standout performers but the front 5 were imperious today

    Spoiler!



    EFL Cup 2nd Round Draw

    We’ll play Saints at home – that will be a proper test!




    4th placed Lincoln up next in the League

    Shaun Derry comes back into the heart of the defence and Ifil drops to bench. Otherwise, we go again!

    “Swans leave shooting boots at home in a scoreless game”

    Such a tight first half. We are the controlling it better and have a goal ruled out for offside but it’s as tight as you get

    Jack has a niggle so comes off at HT, this has happened in a few games now. I think he needs to bulk up a bit which we’ll work on off the field.

    We completely dominate the 2nd half and create some good situations but in truth so not test the keeper as much as we should

    The game ends in a limp draw from our side – especially being at home



    Yates again MOM and does Lacey have a job getting his place back?!

    Spoiler!



    We drop to 10th after that draw

    Good win to advance in the cup and nice, but tough draw! Do the Saints still play in the prem or did they relegate?

    Gutted to draw against Lincoln, but only 4 of 11 shots at goal is pretty poor shooting indeed!

    What is your goal for the league? Does it differ from the boards goal?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  23. #273

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Saints are flying high in the Championship so will be a tough game

    Yes - strikers are not particularly prolific and being questioned - more about that in next update..........

    Board expected to struggle against relegation

    I'm looking for mid table, consolidate and if possible try and get into play offs. Some big clubs in this divison

  24. #274

    Join Date
    27-10-14
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,229
    vCash
    0
    Tougher League, but still undefeated and you only conceded two goals.

    It'll be interesting!

  25. #275

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    25,112
    vCash
    8032
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Tougher League, but still undefeated and you only conceded two goals.

    It'll be interesting!
    unbeaten would be nice - in leagues like this where there are games every few dys then picking up regular points,even if it's a draw could be vital for where we end up

Page 11 of 228 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •