Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 120126127128129130
Results 3,226 to 3,245 of 3245

Thread: Jack to a King? – A Swansea City Story – by Redknapp69

vCash
    Expected a big win there but not much you can do when you come up against a 'keeper having a good day!

8.03 for Tziolis

Big test up next!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Expected a big win there but not much you can do when you come up against a 'keeper having a good day!

8.03 for Tziolis

Big test up next!

Yeah - expetced to beat them easier than that for sure!

But hey - we're through which is what matters!

Never heard of the Greek guy but I guess he must be one of those "supergreeks"

HUGE game next

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Never heard of the Greek guy but I guess he must be one of those "supergreeks"
    Nope. Regular player he is.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash

Home to Roma in the last group game in CL Group Stage 2!

MASSIVE GAME!

Given that Leverkusen are likely to smash Austria Vienna we need a point or better.

To keep our “standing” as a club on the world stage we really could do with progressing to the Quarter Finals!

Team News

Millwall at home in 3 days’ time but this is first time I’m not prioritising the league – we HAVE to get a result here

Strong as we can go

In a shock change, I’m playing Bowyer instead of Davies. We need a fast start really but not many do that against Roma. Simon Davies isn’t fully fit and if we need to force the game then he’s fit enough to make an impact

But I cannot ignore Robbie Keane who’s now back fit. Even though Symes has been in great form, I have to plump for experience (and not diminishing quality!) so he partners Salas up top

The Game

"Swans gain a 2nd half equaliser to deservedly qualify for the CL Quarter Finals!!”

Great first half as we come out of the blocks with some gusto and the crowd (still only 12k – what’s up with that?!) are right behind us

We get a couple of openings but cannot convert!

Then Totti breaks with Cameronesi who plays in Crespo for a sucker punch goal!

Gutted at HT and 1 down.

Leverkusen are already 2 up at HT to Vienna as well

WE NEED A FECKING GOAL

I keep things as they are as we’re playing well

And it pays off – that man SALAS again! He scores from a free kick!

Roma come straight back but after that it’s us that create the last couple of chances and could have won it

But I’m just delighted to get the draw!

Cameronesi once against the instigator for Roma

Spoiler!

And here’s the final table after Leverkusen win 3-0

Suspension News

He’ll miss the 1st Leg of Quarter Final

Champions League Quarter Final Draw

Seems like a good draw on the face of it?

We have played them a few times in group stages over the years as well IIRC

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Catch up time once again

Great win over Hull, they may be bottom of the league but you've still got to do the job and you did that, hopefully Davies will calm down a bit soon, bit of an over exaggeration given the game was done and you had a big game against Chelsea coming up, Liverpool really taking their chances in that away win at Spurs.

So to that Chelsea game and one step closer to silverware, big call to play Toure, he may want to impress Chelsea by scoring an own goal or two Held your own all game and then Salas hits them with a sucker punch at the death, and you're now only one game away from lifting the trophy! Bit of a bonus it's Blackburn you face and not Utd too, hopefully they'll start losing in the league now too.

A nice win away at a solid West Ham, you could have easily slipped up there but stayed professional and got the job done, and even better news with Liverpool, Spurs and Utd all drawing, let's hope you can take advantage by winning that game in hand when you play it although Arsenal away won't be easy at all.

A thumping win over in Austria, and as predicted Roma beat Leverkusen, hopefully you'll get at least a point at home to Roma to ensure qualification. Lambert looks awful to me though Passing, Dribbling and Finishing all 10 and Creativity 8 not much of an attacking midfielder at all, and at 22 I can't see him improving much, I'd definitely be cancelling that deal!

No surprise a fringe team plays Wrexham, and in a tight game they get the win which is all you can ask for, Salmon still not finding the net though which is disappointing, but a decent draw for you on paper for sure.

What did I say, a point against Roma and all is good and that's what you got to go through, no easy ties in the CL Quarter Finals but you know Valencia well and will fancy your chances against them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Saaaaaalaaaaaaaasssssssss! /tyler

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    Saaaaaalaaaaaaaasssssssss! /tyler
    Tyler?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Catch up time once again

Great win over Hull, they may be bottom of the league but you've still got to do the job and you did that, hopefully Davies will calm down a bit soon, bit of an over exaggeration given the game was done and you had a big game against Chelsea coming up, Liverpool really taking their chances in that away win at Spurs.

So to that Chelsea game and one step closer to silverware, big call to play Toure, he may want to impress Chelsea by scoring an own goal or two Held your own all game and then Salas hits them with a sucker punch at the death, and you're now only one game away from lifting the trophy! Bit of a bonus it's Blackburn you face and not Utd too, hopefully they'll start losing in the league now too.

A nice win away at a solid West Ham, you could have easily slipped up there but stayed professional and got the job done, and even better news with Liverpool, Spurs and Utd all drawing, let's hope you can take advantage by winning that game in hand when you play it although Arsenal away won't be easy at all.

A thumping win over in Austria, and as predicted Roma beat Leverkusen, hopefully you'll get at least a point at home to Roma to ensure qualification. Lambert looks awful to me though Passing, Dribbling and Finishing all 10 and Creativity 8 not much of an attacking midfielder at all, and at 22 I can't see him improving much, I'd definitely be cancelling that deal!

No surprise a fringe team plays Wrexham, and in a tight game they get the win which is all you can ask for, Salmon still not finding the net though which is disappointing, but a decent draw for you on paper for sure.

What did I say, a point against Roma and all is good and that's what you got to go through, no easy ties in the CL Quarter Finals but you know Valencia well and will fancy your chances against them.

Hull - one of those where even if ya bater them no great plaudits so job done

Davies was a bit hot headed! No stopping Liverpool

I was ALWAYS confident scoring away v Chelsea (even though it was late) and then it was essentially game over. Blackburn did so well to beat Utd over 2 legs!

Yeah - pro job at a steady West Ham. Great our rivals for title slipped up!

Aye - we'll look at Lambert

Wrexham was nervy but again, we always had another gear. Salmon's form is a MAJOR worry. He has lost his starting opportunites to Symes (who's basically bagged 1 a game ) so obvioulsy he's rusty when playing but really not taking any chances - his future will be up in the air in the summer

Phew on Roma and a decent QF draw given the rest we could face!

vCash

15. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Tyler?!
    Martin

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    Martin
    ah yeah - wahahahahahahahah

Aguerooooooooooooooooooo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Phew. That could have gone wrong there!

But you made it!

Yeah - for sure - fine result to get a result against ODB BEASTS Roma!

Quarter Final again for Swans in CL - great stuff!

vCash

Home to 7th place Millwall in the League!

They have been very consistent

And as can be seen, they have been somewhat as a “bogey” team to us over the years………….

Team News

Arsenal away in 4 days’ time (that’s our “game in hand”)

Fully fit squad now apart from Stephane Henchoz

Salas is only player not fully fit so we’ll keep him back for Arsenal. Tevez and Symes lead the line.

Full backs change (Johnson and Finnan in) and O’Donnell at DM

The Game

"Swans smashed for 4 by their bogey team Millwall in one of the biggest shocks of the season!!”

I fecking hate Millwall

High intensity game and I have no idea how we are not ahead

You know what happens then

We got behind 1 minute before half time as a looping shot beats Yury

Then just 1 minute later Yury just brings down Ben May and it’s a pen and red card!

WTF – 2 down at HT when we should be winning?!

FECKING MILLWALL

I go for it and chuck Salas on and forgoe a DM – we may as well lose by 4 but try and get a draw out of this!

Millwall then DO score fecking FOUR goal

It’s a disaster of a 2nd half – they are extremely accurate and clinical

Symes gets a goal at the end but it’s a frustrating an embarrassing day at The Vetch Field

Neil Harris (now their manager IRL) is MOM

Spoiler!

Just to make things worse, Man U, Spurs and Liverpool all win – fecking grim day all around!

Player Suspension

Yury will miss 3 games – right at the sharp end of the season and including the LEAGUE CUP FINAL

Fans Forum

Supporters Director: Thanks as ever for meeting us Redders! Great season so far and we are still in the mix for FOUR trophies. Congrats to you and the whole team on and off the pitch!

Redders: Thank you. It’s been great so far, but if we don’t get any silverware then it’ll be a big disappointment. The whole club are pushing in the same direction and we are getting to where we want to be

Fan #1: But has the last result put pay to our League chances though Redders?

Redders: No, there are still 9 games to go but agree we’ll have to now win nearly all of them if we are to win the league. It’s not out of the question and the game v Arsenal in mid-week is a great way to “get back on the horse”

Fan #2: Great stuff getting to QF of the Champions League though. Was close in the end but it’s incredible we’ve been CL Quarter Finalists consistently now.

Redders: Yes and I really think the elder statesman (especially those that have played CL footie in their careers) have helped the younger lads – not just on the pitch but mentally, preparation, what to eat, how to train properly when there are so many games, travelling and playing on the biggest stage. The likes of Dacourt, Kily Gonzalez and Davids have been super even though they haven’t had huge game time

Fan #3: Into the domestic cup Semi-Final and final of League Cup – we’re busting to get to Wembley again!

Redders: We’ll do our best for you – that FA Cup celebration on the streets of Swansea was a day tat will live long in the memory – but let’s create some more history shall wel

Supporters Director: Everything ok off the pitch financially and with the board? What summer plans?

Redders: All good, we are just about living above our means with wages eating into finances. I’m sure we’ll have a few pennies in the summer but we’ve already secured a number of Bosman deals. The facilities are now excellent and I’m challenging the academy on bringing better quality through. We are well stocked with good WELSH players but always on the lookout for more.

We’re in a good place – but let’s get to a better one with your support!

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    An absolute horrendous result, that game in hand over Arsenal up next is even more important now.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    One of those days to quickly forget. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong so have a few beers or something stronger (like a nice cup of tea) and then focus and the next game!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    An absolute horrendous result, that game in hand over Arsenal up next is even more important now.
    Fecking shocker

HAVE to beat Arsenal now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    One of those days to quickly forget. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong so have a few beers or something stronger (like a nice cup of tea) and then focus and the next game!!!
    Yeah - you look at the detail and we were well on top (in stats - apart from the main one) in 1st half

But sucker pucnh goal, red card and another goal and then 11 v 10 was all too much

I had a large whiskey after the match and we've agreed as a group to forget and move on - we are still in all 4 competetions games are coming thick and fast!

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Whoop! Glad you did what you needed to do against Roma. Great stuff, what's the head to head record like against Valencia?

As if you got pumped by Millwall Bogey team indeed

Dare I say it but is the title now out of reach? With that game in hand though, you do have a chance.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Title looks a far reach - we basically have to pretty much win in

And we have Man Utd last game of season!

Valencia head to head here ............we've largely had the better of them

vCash
    Couple of things that have jumped out at me over the last few posts.

Austria Vienna scored 0 conceded 21 in 6 games is horrendous for the 2nd Phase!

Man Utd are STILL unbeaten.

That is a shocking result against Millwall. One or two defeat you can maybe get away with but shipping four! At home!
    Woah!