Page 158 of 226 FirstFirst ... 148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 5649

Thread: Jack to a King? – A Swansea City Story – by Redknapp69

Excellent win! I reckon Bowyer did a Scott Brown and targeted Arca to wind him up

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    That should do the trick!

Two birds killed with one stone. A 2-0 win at home in Europe and Man Utd losing in the Premier League.

Happy days indeed!

Couldn't get a better day!

We wcould never finish off the tie v a team like Roma but not many better results than that

And Utd losing was the cherry on top!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Excellent win! I reckon Bowyer did a Scott Brown and targeted Arca to wind him up
    Yeah - like to think Bowyer is a gnarly fecker that would take great pride in winding them up

Away to 9th place West Ham who continue to climb!

huntington bank near my location

West Ham have Kevin Nolan who always did a “Chicken Dance” when he scored

Team News

We have MAN UTD next in the league – but it’s 6 days away

O’Donnell replaces the injured Jones in DM

Pizarro, Pugh and Vittek come back in

No room for the likes of Keane, Blondel, Feies or Bellamy!

The Game

"A day to forget as Swansea’s defence goes missing and so do the chances of topping the league!"

Well – that was a fecking AWFUL first half!

Hammers the better team and go a goal up when Defoe is free at far post for a tap in!

Then they go 2-0 up as Nolan hits the ball into the area and “little” Davie Thompson scores a headed goal – who the feck was marking him?!

2-0 HT and I’m fuming!

Lee Andrews and Vittek have niggles so are replaced by Salas and Pisani – Hargreaves switches sides

Well – it’s gets fecking worse as AGAIN a West Ham man is free in the area! Tis time Lovenkrands and he smashes it home!

Fecking 3-0 down!

We do stage a fightback through Symes and Davies with 2 goals in 4 minutes and push for the equaliser but it’s not our day today and to be honest we got what we deserved with some fecking HORRIFIC defending and goalkeeping

Chicken Man himself is MOM

Spoiler!

Liverpool win and close the gap – we fail to take our chance to top the league though

So – our fine run is over as the media tell us!

While Yury isn’t happy with a warning!

Player Watch

Jason Morgan gets called up to Wales B – and he’s doing VERY nicely in the reserves for us – he’ll get more game time next season for sure

Next up it’s these…………….

That wasn't good. But only your second lost game of the season! And you have a game in hand.

So methinks a draw against Man Utd should be good enough. And a win would already clinch it for you.

Interestingly, IRL Liverpool only lost 1 game and probably still won't win the the title!

Wouldn't say lost your chance, maybe your life line. Need to win from now on though to take the lead and then make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Wouldn't say lost your chance, maybe your life line. Need to win from now on though to take the lead and then make a difference.
    Let's hope just a one off - we still have a game in hand and have been in fine form

That wasn't good. But only your second lost game of the season! And you have a game in hand.

So methinks a draw against Man Utd should be good enough. And a win would already clinch it for you.

Interestingly, IRL Liverpool only lost 1 game and probably still won't win the the title!

Yes - all about perspective!

Home game now v Utd - but we are at home

After today, I think we need more attacking intent in that midfield

Liverpool - yes - could well be correct! - but we hope and pray................

Given it was West Ham, I'm a little torn apart with this result

Let's hope it won't derail your title challenge though. Still seven games to play so no need to panic.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasGills View Post
    Given it was West Ham, I'm a little torn apart with this result

Let's hope it won't derail your title challenge though. Still seven games to play so no need to panic.
    Bloody Hammers! Always one of those teams that come up with a random result - like IRL v Spurs at weekend

Hopefully all will be good after this bliep of a game

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Bloody Hammers! Always one of those teams that come up with a random result - like IRL v Spurs at weekend
    Yeah we're quite the surprise package

Uh oh! A rare defeat, only your second! But a bad time to lose with Man Utd next.

Confident that you will get it together and beat them, especially at home. Get back on that horse!

Uh oh! A rare defeat, only your second! But a bad time to lose with Man Utd next.

Confident that you will get it together and beat them, especially at home. Get back on that horse!
    Should be the kick up the ass that we need for the next game - if we were to underestimate the league job that needs to be done

Helluva run before that tho

Home to top of the table Man Utd!

And there is nothing in it from past meetings!

And they still have a crazy team including the likes of Del Piero, Bruggink (Ex Swan), Neville, Van Nistlerooy and Riquelme!

And Gary Neville is right up for this one!

Team News

We have Roma 2nd Leg CL Quarter Final in 4 days time but we need to fecking win this one and we go for an attacking line up with those who can’t play v Roma with likes of Blondel and Feies in the team

Marinho is also back and he replaces Pugh in the XI as we need his experience in such a game

The Game

"A first half where everything goes wrong doesn’t improve as Utd come out victors!"

Utd start off defensively

Feck me – 7 mins in and Symes is taken off injured - Salas ON

Double fecking whammy as Ex Swan Bruggink then scores to put Utd 1 up

Then a TRIPLE whammy as Mellberg off injured in 35th minute – Pugh on!

1-0 down at HT and our attacking looking midfield looks to be losing the battle

I only have 1 sub left as well – and Marinho is struggling with a knock and has been booked – he’ll have to soldier on a bit!

It’s very much an even 2nd half and we have some good attacks but Jowsey keeps us out

TBH, Man Utd could also score again as well

The game ends in a VERY disappointing defeat – that could be the league gone

Bruggink takes great pleasure in being MOM

Spoiler!

Liverpool win again but it’s very much Utd’s to lose now

Injury News

Bad news as Mellberg and Symes are both out and will miss at least the next 2 games

Board Feedback

They are not happy – and I don’t blame then!

Post Match Interview

Reporter: A huge match and one which may swing the title to Man Utd’s direction – thoughts?

Redders: Well, you muppets were saying it was our 2 games ago!

Reporter: And so it should be with 2 games in hand – and you LOST THEM BOTH

Redders: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU – we don’t blow our own trumpets when on a good run, or worry when we are on a bad run

Reporter: Are you prioritising the Champions League now?

Redders: It is a competition we want to get past the Quarter Finals in but as ever, we’ll play the team I think best suited to win the next game that we have

Reporter: Well, you need to start picking better then

Redders: ………………….

Win your game in hand and you'll be one point behind, with a better goal-average.

So nothing is lost, far from it

It's all gone wrong in just two games!

Not over at all but bloody hell....!

Win your game in hand and you'll be one point behind, with a better goal-average.

So nothing is lost, far from it
    Indeed - just seems a VERY big blow does that............

It's all gone wrong in just two games!

Not over at all but bloody hell....!

I fecked up here - I played a super attacking midfield when really, I could and should have just played a solid midfield and settled for a draw (or better)

But the West Ham game frustrated me that we seemed to create feck all

My attacking midfielders (Bellamy/Feies, Koumas, Blondel etc) all seem off form - might be worth thinking of a formation change

But we've done ok with default 41332 during this story so maybe I'm overthinking it and getting emotional

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I fecked up here - I played a super attacking midfield when really, I could and should have just played a solid midfield and settled for a draw (or better)

But the West Ham game frustrated me that we seemed to create feck all

My attacking midfielders (Bellamy/Feies, Koumas, Blondel etc) all seem off form - might be worth thinking of a formation change

But we've done ok with default 41332 during this story so maybe I'm overthinking it and getting emotional
    I wouldn't change the formation at this stage of the season. Or maybe just the passing style to see if it helps during certain matches.

By the way playing 41332 is not really fair

It wouldn't be fair to blame the goalkeeper for a 0-1 loss, but Yury didn't exactly bounce back from his earlier poor performance. It might be time to rest him again.

I wouldn't change the formation at this stage of the season. Or maybe just the passing style to see if it helps during certain matches.

By the way playing 41332 is not really fair
    Wahahahahahahaha

I've always doine the "usual" instructions - short passing /hard tackling /attacking etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    It wouldn't be fair to blame the goalkeeper for a 0-1 loss, but Yury didn't exactly bounce back from his earlier poor performance. It might be time to rest him again.
    Yeah - Yury does seem to have a "flat" spell at this stage of season - the most critcial

If we keep fecking up in league I'll play Langfield who did well (and he will offer MUCH more competition next season) but like DDG in real life, I don't want to drop him when he has a lot of credit

Maybe too many games as does seem to conssistantly happen last few years now

He may have cigar out as well as never really had any competition - shall review his stats at EOS

Man, alive! Look at those players' ratings. What a bleak performance!

I would fine them all if I were you!
    Fecking shite the lot of 'em

But I'm taking this on the chin - I think we lost the midfield battle beacuse of my team selection

Think we have Roma in 2nd leg Q/F in CL next up away - a decent time to bounce back!

CL Quarter Final – 2nd Leg – away to Roma where we lead 2-0!

Always a pleasure to head over to Rome – but not to play in the daunting stadium with their team that’s still top class!

And even though we won the last game – we’ve been bloody awful against them over the years

And they still have this guy………..

Team News

Chelsea at home in 5 days time but CL is our priority so we’re as strong as we can here!

Henchoz in at CB, Salas and Keane lead the line.

An experienced and trusted midfield in Davies, Pizarro and Bowyer

The Game

"Roma throw the kitchen sink 2nd half but Swans hold out to progress to Semi’s!!"

2 absolute heavyweights going toe to toe here

And neither gives each other an inch!

We are probably the better team but just can’t get that final ball away

But 0-0 at the break is ok for us. 1 goal for us 2nd half and surely Roma couldn’t get 4?!

And that’s nearly the case as Keane has a goal chalked off for offside

Andrews has a knock so Pisani comes on just after HT and Hargreaves switches sides

70 mins passes and we bring on Davids for his experience as Jones struggling and Tevez for the tiring Salas

Roma are REALLY pushing now – they know they are going out otherwise!

Then Marinho goes off injured – we’re down to TEN MEN for last 10 mins!

But we hold out nicely

Yury with an excellent game. If they got 1 back it could have been VERY nervy!

Spoiler!

Liverpool with a good home win to qualify

Injury News

Phew – he’ll only miss the next league game

Competitor Results

Shit – Utd win again………….but at least they are held to a draw by the Bluenoses which helps

Liverpool win to leapfrog us……..

We have THREE games in hand – but need to win them all to go back to top of league!

Champions League Draw – Semi Final

Ugh – suppose ya gotta beat the best if you want to BE the best though!