Page 163 of 228 FirstFirst ... 153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 5689

Thread: Jack to a King? – A Swansea City Story – by Redknapp69

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Can't argue with your comments.

LB - Disappointed with both Italians, Pisano been OK though.

At RB - Definitely need fresh legs there.

DC - Old people's home! Good to see you're planning to fresh things up a bit. Could be just what you need to stop the kind of drop in form at the end of the season.

Pisani will do for backup but we'l keep eyes on market

RB - agree that I'd prefer a better backup instead of Ferreira. But if Andrews wasn't available I could move Hargreaves over

DC - mahoosive clear out - good point on helping the EOS dips we've experienced last couple of seasons

vCash

Swans Trust: Defensive Midfielders – arguably our strongest area of the team over the years!

Redders: Very true and we’ve done ok this year as well. But a lot to think about. Firstly, Matthew Jones again has been exemplary. But like a few of the team, his game fell off back end of the season. He is our “Captain/Leader/Legend” but I want to see him bounce back to his best next season

Swans Trust: Well, next we need to discuss Craig O’Donnell. He’s been a fine academy player and took his chance as soon as he broke into the first team. It’s a great story. But every story has to have an ending. And with his actions of publicly stating he wants to leave and not willing to sign a new deal the board position is that we want him gone ASAP

Redders: Strong stuff there! I understand your frustration and I’m so disappointed as we have invested a lot of time and money in his development. Don’t get me wrong, he’s paid us back with his performances on the field but I agree we cannot have dressing room harmony

Swans Trust: OK, we’ll inform him of the decision. He seemd to have a lot of suitors previously so hopefully that will help the bank balance

Swans Trust: Edgar Davids – being released at end of deal in a few weeks - agree?

Redders: Affirmative. His experience was invaluable last season but the level seems too much for him now – especially week in and week out

Swans Trust: Finally, the youngsters, Williamson and Carroll – keep ‘em for another year?

Redders: Carroll – for sure – still a kid and we’ll see how he develops. Williamson – he did great on loan at Carlisle but they are League One after all. We need to make a decision on him and one of the incomings – Steve Tomlinson. I don’t see much in either of them apart from Williamson is a couple of years older and probably slightly the better. Let’s see what our pundits think!

Swans: Well – there is a nice present coming in then Redders isn’t there – arguably still one of the best DM’s in the WORLD – Patrick Vieira!

Redders: Yep – as much as we love Matthew Jones, Vieira is a show in for the DM role. But Matthew is excited by this. He knows what it means for the club, on and off the pitch and he’s looking forward to learning from him. What a signing we should have here for a couple of years!

Swans Trust: All things considered we seem fine and dandy here the. Vieira and Jones for first team and then youth in the reserves

Please let me know of any player screenies you want to see!
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 15-05-19 at 12:48 AM.

vCash
    "...but I agree we cannot have dressing room harmony"

No sir, we can't have that. It's not a children's party, you know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    "...but I agree we cannot have dressing room harmony"

No sir, we can't have that. It's not a children's party, you know
    Doh - may have worded that incorrectly!

Does look like the end for O'Donnell though as board keep telling me every month they want him gone

Very much a shame

vCash
    Forgot O'Donnell was being prat. I was thinking you're fine in the DMC department with Davids leaving.

In fact, I'd still say you're pretty set as you are with the two youngsters as backup to Jones even if Davids/O'Donnell leave. I like the look of Williamson and think he could do well with a run of games.

vCash
    Forgot O'Donnell was being prat. I was thinking you're fine in the DMC department with Davids leaving.

In fact, I'd still say you're pretty set as you are with the two youngsters as backup to Jones even if Davids/O'Donnell leave. I like the look of Williamson and think he could do well with a run of games.
    Yeah - maybe we can keep both youngsters. Delighted with Vieira signing!

vCash

Swans Trust: Central Midfielders then – the heartbeat of the team, the creators, game changers, how have ours done. Looks to us like we continue to have a solid base so more interested in those that are backing them up etc

Central Midfielders

Redders: Simon Davies remains the creative force. He had a big ‘old blip in the middle of the season where he struggled for form and confidence but overall a very good season and our WELSHman won’t be giving up his place easily.

Lee Bowyer is a similar “school report” but he been very consistent throughout. My only worry for him is age – he’ll be 34 next year and his contract will be expiring so we’ll need to review that next season. A fine hybrid player who can score, create but LOVES to put a foot in, and has incredible energy

Swans Trust: Well, that’s a fine start and for sure 2 first team players there!

Redders: Craig Bellamy has had a mixed season. Good overall but I feel as though we are holding back his attacking instincts. I am tempted to play him further up next year especially as we will be having FOUR WELSHmen in each matchday squad

Swans Trust:
    Sounds a good plan. How’s our “steady eddie’s” doing in Koumas and Pizarro then?

Redders: Both have been exactly that. Solid, reliable and chipped in with goals and assists – these are the type of players you need in a winning squad. They will both be with us next season for sure and I’ll probably rotate their game time.

Swans Trust: Couple of new fellas next. Blondel and Feies. Although Blondel has been with us before

Redders: Well, Feies started off like a fecking train didn’t he! His form dipped since then but has had a fine impact since joining. He'll benefit from a good pre-season with us and also for us to maybe work out his best position

Blondel has disappointed somewhat but again, not easy to come into a club mid-season and he certainly is more attacking minded. We expect a lot more next season for sure!

Swans Trust: Couple of left sided players then. Richardson and the WELSH legend that is Giggs!

Redders: Richardson is a funny case – started the season well from a very good pre-season but he fell out of favour and didn’t find his way back in. He didn’t really impress in the reserves and sometimes you just don’t see how someone will fit. I’m suggesting we transfer list him

Whereas Giggs still has undoubted talent but the fella is 36 now and is on a whopping wage. He isn’t first team so I think it may be prudent to free that up if we can – what’s your stance on it?

Swans Trust: Agree on Richardson. Giggs obviously helps the WELSH quota and his experience is invaluable. But we are looking in a different direction now for youth so we will see what suitors he has but we’d certainly suggest to keep him in and around the first team squad as he’s unlikely to kick up a fuss.

Swans Trust: 4 real young fellas next then – do you see these guys driving us forward in the years to come?

Redders: Marcus Simon has everything you want – he’ll certainly be given more game time next season but it’ll be pretty much make or break for him

Then we have 3 WELSH players. I’m very excited about 18 year old Jason Morgan. He seems to have a special talent but it’s a big ask to display on the biggest stages of all at 18!

John Owen I’m less sure about and Andrew Hancock is very much a “punt” – but both are likely to be in or around matchday squads this season and I really want to see what they can do in the reserves as well

Swans Trust: Well, we and our fanbase will be VERY excited to see how they get on. We have a depth of options and talent in that midfield so lot for you to think about how best to use it and whether there will be and tactical change

Please let me know of any player screenies you want to see!
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 15-05-19 at 09:54 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Quite a lot of squad depth, but the best midfielders, rating-wise, all over 30 years old...
    Indeed - but we do intend to give the "youngsters" more game time this season

LOTS of WELSH players in our midfield which is great to see!

vCash
    No midfielder with average over 7.5 tells me where your issues are

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    No midfielder with average over 7.5 tells me where your issues are
    Davies and Feies not far off

We did a helluva lot of rotation last season and we have a lot of AM that may not be suited to a 4132 - may look ino a tactical change but I'm happy enough with the options we have

Central Defence was key area to sort out

But the eye will be kept open for any summer blockbsuter signing!

vCash
    Top heavy here mate!

I'd look at letting Bowyer go actually, got too many players so could be worth cashing in on him while/if you can. Agree with seeing if Richardson can raise funds too and I'd be surprised if Giggs doesn't retire tbh!

Feis been great!

vCash
    Top heavy here mate!

I'd look at letting Bowyer go actually, got too many players so could be worth cashing in on him while/if you can. Agree with seeing if Richardson can raise funds too and I'd be surprised if Giggs doesn't retire tbh!

Feis been great!
    Yes - we certainly have a lot of "depth"

I like Bowyer (prob wil be his last year) - only him and Pizrro are likely to "stick a foot in" of my midfielders and rest are a lot more attacking so need some solidity there - he is usually a shoe in for away games

Richardson can go, and maybe Giggs will retire (I'd laugh oif Hiughes FINALLY got sacked and he go Wales job instead of me )

Feies was brilliant first few games (prob had 9 rating) but then REALLY fell of a cliff - came back though and look forward to seeing him go again next season!

vCash

Strikers

Swans Trust:
    Strikers then – the goalscorers. And my word, we have a fine array of them – where shall we start?

Redders: Arguably at the top which this year has been Michael Symes again. Proving he’s no “one season wonder” he’s banged in 25 goals. Loving the way he is developing!

Swans Trust: Great to hear. While Robbie Keane seems as good as ever?

Redders: Yes, he may have not had as much game time he would like but he always gives 100% and 10 goals and 5 assists is a good return. He’s likely going to play more given that we will see Marcelo Salas leave the club in the summer

Swans Trust: Indeed it’s a shame – he has been unbelievable in the couple of years he has been here and a proper goal poacher. But at 35 years old, on 50k a week and the cover we have then we agree it’s the right decision as he’ll likely go back to his homeland

Redders: Talking about South Americans, Carlos Tevez will be with us next year and may benefit in getting more games. He came into his own towards end of season. Goal output needs to improve next year though or we may have to make a difficult decision……..

Swans Trust: And how’s about the big signing in January – Vittek?

Redders: He’s had a fine start. Got a good share of goals and I can see him motor next season. Really looking forward to hopefully see him set the division alight!

Swans Trust: Last, but not least, Dave Randall – where is he on his journey?

Redders: To be fair, he did well when the reserves had games. Got 5 in 12. I’d like to see him get a loan move as to be fair to the lad we’ll either have to give him game time after that or leave him play first team footie elsewhere.

Swans Trust: Again, well stocked here and also Bellamy may get shifted up. Doesn’t look like a lot of summer business is required but there are some funds if anything comes to the fore which tickles your fancy

Please let me know if you want to see any player screenies!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasGills View Post
    Can you provide a screen of Bellamy please ?
    Ask an you shall receive!

vCash
    Symes looking disconsolately at his pay packet, there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    Symes looking disconsolately at his pay packet, there
    He's very thankful that we saved him from not playing for Everton at all for a few years!

But a new contract would be in the offing this season if he carries on his form

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Ask an you shall receive!

Me think that Bellamy's main qualities are effectively wasted in a MC role, even with an up arrow.

Agree that he should be played up front or even as an AMC (a position you don't have in your formation unfortunately).

vCash
    Seems very well covered, no action needed up front even after Salas moves on! He bows out with our affection though after his efforts last season, was always going to be tough to repeat that this year at his age.

I think this could be 'last chance saloon' for Tevez, needs to start proving his worth on a regular basis imo.

vCash
    Perhaps a 4-1-2-1-2 would be a better option for your current squad? I mean, you do not only have a lot of AMC's in Bellamy, Koumas, Feies, Blondel and Simon, but you also have your FC's in Keane, Vittek and Tevez who could all play deeper and make room for another striker up front. Just my 2 cents, mate.

Love this story, btw! Next year is your year!

vCash
    Not wanting to boast or anything but the tactic I'm currently using in my Foggia save would suit your team very well I think.

I can share it if you want to give it a try.

vCash
    Me think that Bellamy's main qualities are effectively wasted in a MC role, even with an up arrow.

Agree that he should be played up front or even as an AMC (a position you don't have in your formation unfortunately).
    I agree we are wasting Bellamy's talents

Even if we do given him a go up top there are already 4 other strikers in the pecking order

We do have quite a ot of AMC so maybe a formation change

But 41332 default has done us well over the years!

vCash
    Seems very well covered, no action needed up front even after Salas moves on! He bows out with our affection though after his efforts last season, was always going to be tough to repeat that this year at his age.

I think this could be 'last chance saloon' for Tevez, needs to start proving his worth on a regular basis imo.
    Yeah - well stocked up top fo sure - always have been really

Salas incredible and wasnt even first choice last year and still did real good

Aye - Tevez is very much like Vassell for me - good rating, works really hard for team but just struggling for goals. He's never had a proper run and also even if we did perform next year or so I think we may have work permit issues on his contract as hasn't played enough games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfjong View Post
    Perhaps a 4-1-2-1-2 would be a better option for your current squad? I mean, you do not only have a lot of AMC's in Bellamy, Koumas, Feies, Blondel and Simon, but you also have your FC's in Keane, Vittek and Tevez who could all play deeper and make room for another striker up front. Just my 2 cents, mate.

Love this story, btw! Next year is your year!
    Hey - thanks for the follow

Good shout on formation and that is what I have been using to great effect in the DTL league with Swansea (have a slightly better team there ) - https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...739#post427739

Well, we won the least 2 years ago and fecked it up last season - that's the aim this season - I went after CL but falling at S/F stage

My restrictionm this season now is to have FOUR WELSH players in every matchday squad - random youth regens will eb getting a chance

- - - Updated - - -

Not wanting to boast or anything but the tactic I'm currently using in my Foggia save would suit your team very well I think.

I can share it if you want to give it a try.
    Is it wib wob? If so, I have no idea on all of that - got a screenie of it (as you change it sometimes in your story)

Thanks!