Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 172178179180181182
Results 4,526 to 4,546 of 4546

Thread: Jack to a King? – A Swansea City Story – by Redknapp69

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Gutting to lose them drafts mate, still no losses in them 3 games but all tight games, Reina again a wall but you find the breakthrough eventually and qualification nearly secured now. Nice to have Vittek back ahead of the Spurs game and a win sees you top of the table again, with Liverpool still got a game in hand.

A few goals in the Sporting away game, you can't manage the win but a point is enough to secure qualification to the next stage, I wonder if the deeper you go in the tournament if you'll change your mind on it, especially if you go a few points clear in the league. Race is on for 2nd in the group, Wigan could give you a game if you get past Cardiff in the League Cup.

Massive game against Liverpool next!

Forgot about those drafts

Fecking reina but we finally got past him!

Brilliant game for neutral v Sporting!

Still plan on playing a rotated team but yes - if we could race clear in league it could make me change my mind!

Need to beat Pool boxing:

vCash
    Another red card for Bowyer! In a vital game too, should be a week fine at least there, some performance from the rest of the lads to not only concede but win the game! Bowyer owes them all several drinks for sure, Langfield doing the business too Two week fine for Bowyer then, fully justified and at least he took it like a man too.

Another big game next but for different reasons, and even your scouts are saying they're crap So you then fall behind Get your act together though and run out easy winners in the end to set up the game against Wigan., and a bonus in Utd and Liverpool already exiting the competition.

Some win against Boro thanks to a hatrick from Davies, and another loss from Liverpool gives you some more breathing space at the top, really needing to use the squad with Bowyer and Vieira banned and Keane getting a small injury.

Bowyer doing my head in and not having a great season

Pool and Utd losing in League Cup opens it RIGHT up for us

Magician Simon Davies

Injuries are slowly piling up!

vCash
    Randall starts against Zurich and scores, what a guy Shame about the injury to Morgan, but it gave a chance for Carroll to get some game time under his belt, Blondel also enjoying a good run of form. Next group stage could be tricky, just smash Celtic for me Newcastle away could also prove difficult in your defence of the League Cup.

Bogey side Millwall up next and they continue their run against you with the only goal of the game courtesy of an ex Swan, and the lead at the top closes once again. Like the review of last year you've earmarked your defensive record as a worry, but you're still conceding less than a goal a game (joint 5th best in the league), and once again my concern is the other end as you aren't scoring on average more than 2 a game, and I think last year's 1.7 average is even worse at less than 1.5 (19 in 13) at this point in time. The people demand Randall gets a run of games

A thumping loss away at Bayern Munich, always your hardest group game on paper and yet another red card, that's got to be about 5 this season and it's only November! Still early days though, and with the league priority you're probably not too bothered if you do go out anyway.
    Glad to give youngsters a run v Zurich - future of the club!

Big names in next CL group but we should get through

Yes - strikers are not chipping in as much this year

Randall doing nicely in reserves and slowly banging on the door..........

Fecking Millwall

Embarassing loss v Bayern but result looks worse than it was - and we smashed them by same score before

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    A very tight game against Wigan, not helped with the injury to Keane meaning Randall gets another chance to impress, but it's Koumas who bags a late winner to take you into the quarter finals to take on Newcastle, at least it's only a couple of games Keane misses although at a busy time, same with Pisani. Transfer business then with an FM 05 or 06 legend from what I remember, Ponzio looks an absolute beast and right in his prime too, a ready made replacement for the aging Bowyer. Hopefully he'll get a work permit, or maybe he has German 2nd nationality if he's been there for a while and obtained it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Super sub Symes comes off the bench to give you the points at bottom side Plymouth, Bowyer having a really bad season and should be near the back of the queue for your centre mids though. Not a bad draw in the FA Cup, but like all cup ties and especially away you have to be professional. Unsure on McCann I did warn you

Right now batter Celtic and get your CL back on track Ah Sammy Winward, well played Dunn Smash them you do, Symes with a brace and then the Welsh trio of Bellamy (ex Celtic IRL), Davies and Koumas get the others, Yury once again conceding two goals from his only two shots against them, that's a theme cropping up yet again with him. Munich beat Valencia so you move into second, the two next games against the Spanish side could be crucial for your progression to the last 8. Decent enough draw for the League Cup semis once you get passed Newcastle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A very tight game against Wigan, not helped with the injury to Keane meaning Randall gets another chance to impress, but it's Koumas who bags a late winner to take you into the quarter finals to take on Newcastle, at least it's only a couple of games Keane misses although at a busy time, same with Pisani. Transfer business then with an FM 05 or 06 legend from what I remember, Ponzio looks an absolute beast and right in his prime too, a ready made replacement for the aging Bowyer. Hopefully he'll get a work permit, or maybe he has German 2nd nationality if he's been there for a while and obtained it.
    Sticky Cup game navigated!

Glad you heard of Ponzio - deffo looks talented! I never know on the WP

No German nationality!

vCash
    Super sub Symes comes off the bench to give you the points at bottom side Plymouth, Bowyer having a really bad season and should be near the back of the queue for your centre mids though. Not a bad draw in the FA Cup, but like all cup ties and especially away you have to be professional. Unsure on McCann I did warn you

Right now batter Celtic and get your CL back on track Ah Sammy Winward, well played Dunn Smash them you do, Symes with a brace and then the Welsh trio of Bellamy (ex Celtic IRL), Davies and Koumas get the others, Yury once again conceding two goals from his only two shots against them, that's a theme cropping up yet again with him. Munich beat Valencia so you move into second, the two next games against the Spanish side could be crucial for your progression to the last 8. Decent enough draw for the League Cup semis once you get passed Newcastle.

Bizarre now why Bowyer so poor this season - has it all caught up with him? I'll be flogging/releasing him by looks of it

Wahahahahaha - well, McCann was immense for a struggling PL side - maybe he's in awe not playing for such an illustrious club

God bless Sammy Winward

Mullered the Celts for ya!

Yeah - I am worried by Yury now - not really taking his chance of being 2nd keeper now either!

Massive back to backs aainst them now

League Cup draw very uch opening up - can't count on those chickens though.............

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash

Away to Man Utd in 4th Round of the FA Cup!

This guy is still at the helm since he took over from Fergie 4 years ago – and he’s won a few trophies!

Including the Premier League which we want BACK – but that’s not for today!

Team News

5 day gap until WBA in league so flat out team selection (for those fit!)

Toure straight back in at DC for injured Nuno Mata

Big pressure game for Pugh alongside him

Hargreaves unfortunate to miss out as I plump for more conservative Lee Andrews at RB

Matthew Jones club captain comes info the injured Vieira

The Game

"The Jacks are dumped out of the cup with Langfield’s worst ever performance in a Swans shirt!!

Well, a first half to forget as Symes and Blondel both have knocks and are unlikely to see the 2nd half while Langfield has a poor first 45 minutes!

Man Utd race into a 2 goal lead by half time as Neville gets to byline crosses and RVN gets above Andrews for the first goal

Then Silvestre goes past Andrews, skims one by the box, Langfield in the wrong position and DARREN FECKING FLETCHER scores!

Symes and Blondel whipped off at HT for Ponzio and Vittek

It quickly gets worse as RVN knocks down for “Ex Swans” Bruggink to make it 3-0

Langfield is having a shocker and hauled off for Yury

Vittek gets a goal back and we play better 2nd half but then and hopes are quashed as Bruggink gets his 2nd of the game for a convincing Cup win for Utd

It’s a solemn trip home for everyone associated with Swansea City……………….

RVN once again the mustard

Spoiler!

Langfield is warned – but he doesn’t need telling – the lad feels awful!

Post Match Interview

Manc Reporter: Wahahahahahahahahaahahaha – LOSERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Redders: DA FUQ ARE YOU?!

Manc Reporter: Sorry – back to professional mode. What went wrong today?

Redders: You fecking blind? Langfield had a shocker and Utd were clinical in their chances in a first half where they blitzed us. We came back into it 2nd half but the match stats are flattering really

Manc Reporter: You have a Jekkyl and Hyde FA Cup Record? You either win the bloody thing or fall early doors!

Redders: Very true – maybe that’s not a bad thing But we are disappointed to exit the competition this early for sure

Manc Reporter: Does it give Utd a psychological edge for the title run in – especially as you have to play them so soon in 2 games time?

Redders: No it fecking doesn’t – they are still likely to be behind us so FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU and go and find Liam Gallagher or The Stone Roses or The Charlatans or the like

Manc Reporter: Ah well Redders “Don’t Look Back in Anger”

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Man alive!

THat's what makes football so hard. The League is one thing, but these knockout tournaments (FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League)....

One poor performance (or a bad away draw) and that's it. No second chance.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I’m going to try and spin a positive from it and better that result be in the cup to them than the league. And 1 less competition may not be a bad thing if you are to try and win a trophy or 2 by the end of the season.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 8

vCash
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Bruggink! Ex-player on form there.

Get revenge on them and win the PL!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Blackburn away is definitely a tough game on paper, from what I remember they had both the best attack and defence in the league so a point would be a good result. Instead goals in the first few mins and the last few mins give you a fantastic win, just a shame Utd and Liverpool also win but if Blackburn continue their good season I doubt both of them will win at Ewood Park. Bellamy only out a week but that's a big blow to lose Jones for 6 games, especially with the games coming thick and fast now, was it Williamson the other DMC you had? Did he go on loan? If not then a chance for him to come in for a few games. Finances looking not too bad and then a needed centre back signs, he looks decent for sure and despite being young he's already experienced Premiership football with Arsenal (although not loads), jumping is a bit of a concern though.

Then like buses another one signs but one right at the top of his game in Demichelis, he looks an absolute monster! The top totty continues with Gemma Atkinson Squad down to the bare bones so no surprised it was a bit of a laboured performance but you made it through in extra time and that's the main thing.

Bus number 3 then turns up in the form of a young Italian striker and at just £1.5m it looks an absolute bargain. Shame about Perez, unless you've now offered him over the magic number in wages I doubt he'll get a work permit this time around either unfortunately.

vCash
    A few bodies back for the home game against Bradford who have a few ex Swans you'll have to look out for, it took a while to find the breakthrough but then two goals in five mins sealed it for you, but no let up from Utd or Liverpool unfortunately. Another ban for Bowyer and now poor performance in training, definitely not showing the younger players how to behave this season.

Another game against a team in the relegation zone and at home as well, should be three points and nothing else. A goalless first half again but the flood gates open after the break to get you the win, Blondel enjoying a very good run of form recently. Luca Toni is an absolute beast but at 33 and with plenty of options it is one to re-evaluate, although he could help the young Italian striker settle and be someone he can look upto, plus the likes of Randall and Tevez (not scoring much) maybe moved on.

vCash

You could've done it, but you couldn't. But can you do it next time?

I say yes!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Man alive!

THat's what makes football so hard. The League is one thing, but these knockout tournaments (FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League)....

One poor performance (or a bad away draw) and that's it. No second chance.
    We were bang average first half but no doubting Langfield just had a shocker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post

You could've done it, but you couldn't. But can you do it next time?

I say yes!
    Can we do what?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Bruggink! Ex-player on form there.

Get revenge on them and win the PL!
    He's scored at us before in league and I'm sure other cup games as well - shame the piehead didn't do it enough when he played for us!

Aye - makes me even more determined to smash this PL now

vCash
    Blackburn away is definitely a tough game on paper, from what I remember they had both the best attack and defence in the league so a point would be a good result. Instead goals in the first few mins and the last few mins give you a fantastic win, just a shame Utd and Liverpool also win but if Blackburn continue their good season I doubt both of them will win at Ewood Park. Bellamy only out a week but that's a big blow to lose Jones for 6 games, especially with the games coming thick and fast now, was it Williamson the other DMC you had? Did he go on loan? If not then a chance for him to come in for a few games. Finances looking not too bad and then a needed centre back signs, he looks decent for sure and despite being young he's already experienced Premiership football with Arsenal (although not loads), jumping is a bit of a concern though.

Then like buses another one signs but one right at the top of his game in Demichelis, he looks an absolute monster! The top totty continues with Gemma Atkinson Squad down to the bare bones so no surprised it was a bit of a laboured performance but you made it through in extra time and that's the main thing.

Bus number 3 then turns up in the form of a young Italian striker and at just £1.5m it looks an absolute bargain. Shame about Perez, unless you've now offered him over the magic number in wages I doubt he'll get a work permit this time around either unfortunately.

Nice win v Blackburn

utted about Jones

Yeah - we still have Williamson as DMC

DC from Arsenal is EOS deal though

Chuffed to bag DeMichellis

Gemma

Pig of a cup game!

Italian striker looks a belter I reckon!

Don't think I offered more than 40k (is that the number?) but let's see

vCash
    A few bodies back for the home game against Bradford who have a few ex Swans you'll have to look out for, it took a while to find the breakthrough but then two goals in five mins sealed it for you, but no let up from Utd or Liverpool unfortunately. Another ban for Bowyer and now poor performance in training, definitely not showing the younger players how to behave this season.

Another game against a team in the relegation zone and at home as well, should be three points and nothing else. A goalless first half again but the flood gates open after the break to get you the win, Blondel enjoying a very good run of form recently. Luca Toni is an absolute beast but at 33 and with plenty of options it is one to re-evaluate, although he could help the young Italian striker settle and be someone he can look upto, plus the likes of Randall and Tevez (not scoring much) maybe moved on.
    Pool and Utd need to feck off!

Bowyer

Blondel enjoying new role!

Aye - we'll look at Toni EOS. Tevez will deffo go now and I struggle to give Randall game time - feel for him a bit especially as he's doing well in ressies

vCash

Injury News

SH!T – Symes will miss the next game v WBA but probably a REAL DOUBT for the game against MAN UTD

Away to 18th placed WBA in the League!

They are struggling like fook to get out of relegation zone!

And always a pleasure to put this pic up of a fine “Away Day Pub” – The Vine

http://www.thevine.co.uk/

Team News

Man Utd in 4 days time but let’s just concentrate on today’s game and win that so we go relatively strong

Just Nuno Mata and Vieira out injured for a while

Langfield keeps his place

Ponzio plays instead of Simon Davies and Carlucci in for injured Symes

Hargreaves comes in at RB for a game where we should have a lot of the ball so hoping he can fire in some lovely deliveries

Keane been quiet in AM role (seems a poisoned chalice role!) so Feies given some game time

The Game

"Swans get lucky in first half but ultimately are the stronger team in this bruising encounter!!

Not the start we wanted as Papadopolous seems to waltz through our defence and drive one home – bloody hell!

We do get on even terms as Carlucci runs onto a lovely long ball from Pugh with a crisp finish!

But my word WBA are fighting like Lions today – they have some superb chances and really should go ahead

But maybe against the run of play we score a vital goal on the cusp of HT as Jones passes to Vaughan who plays a ball into the area and Blondel fires home an unstoppable volley!

2-1 HT to Swans then but maybe lucky to do so!

Carlucci worrying has a niggle again so Vittek replaces

Christ – AGAIN our defence as a team seems nowhere and plenty of room for WBA to equalise

Pisani on for Vaughan with a bang to his leg

Thankfully we catch WBA not concentrating and 4 mins after their goal Vittek catches the keeper off guard with an exquistive lob!

Koumas on to help see the game out as Ponzio may be a bit flair for this time of game

Phew – FT – thanks feck for that – close shave of a win!

Langfield with a brilliant comeback game but Blondel is the viewers vote!

Hargreaves with another poor game and he’s warned

Spoiler!

YES – Millwall hold Man Utd to a draw – and Man Utd will be gutted as well – wahahahahahahaha

And I didn’t realise but Liverpool played on the Monday (it’s Wednesday now in game) and also dropped points

So – our lead at the top extends……..

Award News

I take the January gong

Confirmed Transfer IN

We make the loan deal for our young GK a permanent one - Terry Rogers

He looks VERY talented and we don’t have a 3rd keeper. He accept 1.5k per week so small fry

We pay £1m up front then £500k if he plays 10 first team games for us and then £500k if he gets 10 International Caps

And with that the window is now CLOSED

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Rogers looks decent for 1m

What a week in the league, that 6 point lead looks pretty healthy

30. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The League is yours, I think.

Even a lost game or two is no disaster now.

How different from the CUp games and the European games!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Rogers looks decent for 1m

What a week in the league, that 6 point lead looks pretty healthy
    Yeah - Rogers looks very nice and enjoying reserves game time - maybe he'll push for No.1 spot in future

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    The League is yours, I think.

Even a lost game or two is no disaster now.

How different from the CUp games and the European games!
    Far too early to say that but a decent lead has now been buil (albeit getting lucky Pool and Utd dropping!)

Well - we have been rotating in cups etc