Page 192 of 236 FirstFirst ... 182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 4,776 to 4,800 of 5892

Thread: Jack to a King? – A Swansea City Story – by Redknapp69

vCash
    Great idea to finish a great story

Will you take Liverpool after that ?

Trying to show the FAW they have the wrong man in charge of the national team?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Nice challenge to finish the story, hopefully you can sell well and get enough money to bring in all the best Welsh players out there!
    I think we already have nearly all the best Welsh players out there!

Bag of nails left otherwise so will be surprised if I do better than top half really - well - we do have some good players so maybe I can stretch for European places

Decideinmg who to keep and seel from the other players will be key - will write up squad review over coming days where I'll need your help/input!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Trying to show the FAW they have the wrong man in charge of the national team?
    They have had Mark Hughes in charge for TEN Years and he's done feck all

That could be a nice ideas if I do a new story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasGills View Post
    Great idea to finish a great story

Will you take Liverpool after that ?
    Nah - Liverpool would likely be too easy a story I would have thought unless major restrictions were in place

Might need a little break from stories and reading all of yours before I dive back in with another story

Still plenty of legs left in this one for another season tho!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I think we already have nearly all the best Welsh players out there!

Bag of nails left otherwise so will be surprised if I do better than top half really - well - we do have some good players so maybe I can stretch for European places

Decideinmg who to keep and seel from the other players will be key - will write up squad review over coming days where I'll need your help/input!

Whatever overseas players you keep will be fresh for Cup games so hopefully you can bow out with another trophy

vCash
    Happens every time, once the title is won, the players switch off and you lose

Bloody hell!

I know you've dropped hints that the story was coming to an end but didn't think it would happen this soon. Did you ever win the CL? Can't remember, sorry!

vCash
    Whatever overseas players you keep will be fresh for Cup games so hopefully you can bow out with another trophy
    Indeed - Hope Vieira doesn't retire and VERY much looking forward to having SHEVCHEKNO with us

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Happens every time, once the title is won, the players switch off and you lose

Bloody hell!

I know you've dropped hints that the story was coming to an end but didn't think it would happen this soon. Did you ever win the CL? Can't remember, sorry!

Meh - Took about a minute to play and update that game - really wasn't bothered and it was the kids

Nah - never won the CL - we've given it a decent go though considering our resources

Probably a decent bit of life left in this given it's ODB and I'd recognise players for a few more seasons yet but winning the League again was huge for me

I "should" be leaving the club in a fantastic position domestically - anything we do or not in Europe is a bonus

fallout 3 scoped 44

vCash

vCash
    Thought you may have stuck at it until CL is won. Never know, could win it with the Welshies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    That list could go on and on without ever winning it.

I like the new challenge much better!!!
    True - we are hard pushed against Europe's best but maybe a "fresh" team playing in the cups and with experience andd maye a little luck and we could get to a final

League is gonna be a BIG challenge!

vCash
    Thought you may have stuck at it until CL is won. Never know, could win it with the Welshies
    I'm not a regen man and few more years and it would really be at that point

Not going to keep going until we do/do not win it either. The plan was to get the club up the leagues and competitive and introduce some WELSHies in it - and we've certainly done that thus far!

vCash

End of Season Squad Review

As ever, at the end of the season, I sit down with the Swans Trust (Owners) to review the season gone and any transfer business that needs doing

Swans Trust: A fantastic season Redders and a domestic double! But no time to dwell on that! With your impending resignation and our request to play and all WELSH XI in Premier League games next year, we have a feeling a LOT of wheeling and dealing is going to be needed in a VERY busy summer!

So – shall we get on with it?

Redders: Indeed – very pleased with last season but gutted to exit FA Cup and then Barca just too good for us in CL. But I feel the club is in a great position as it comes to the last year of my time here

Redders: So – Let’s take a look at the goalkeeper situation!

Goalkeepers

Swans Trust: Looks a brilliant position for us with quality everywhere and competition for places.

Redders: Jamie Langfield did great and then got injured mid season. Yury Tsigalko then came in and did so well (with the formation change) that he didn’t deserve to lose his place

Terry Rogers then is extremely talented and we recently signed him up permanently

Swans Trust: This all sounds fine and dandy, HOWEVER, 1 glaring omission – we have NO WELSHmen! Obviously we need a quality WELSH ‘keeper to play Premier League games

Redders: Aye – slight issue with that – there are feck all available but we’ll do what we can and get one in! (as you can see, we’ve made a few cheeky bids and Steve Vaughan seems the “best” – and he left us last year to go to Celtic where is not playing!)

Swans Trust: Well – we hate to say this but if we are bringing in 1 (or maybe 2) WELSH keepers then we need to let Yury, Jamie or Terry go. Given that Terry Rogers is the “cheapest”, just signed a new deal and is very talented then it has to be Yury or Langfield that needs to go to free up funds to bring WELSH players in

Redders: JAYSUS SUFFERING FECK! How am I supposed to choose between them and give them the news?!

Swans Trust: You keep telling us you have some trusted “advisors” by the names of AMC, Ebfatz, Effiong Unmarked!, James_y, LucasGills, Mark, Samsami, Zansnake and the likego and ask them what THEY would do!

Please let me know of any other screenies you wish to see
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 22-08-19 at 01:13 AM.

14. Langfield is 31, time to move on....how bigs your transfer budget? I think you just have to get the best Welsh players possible whatever the cost. Scout some players in the Welsh under 21 side?

Yury always seems a bit suspect to me. Admittedly he did very well for you in the league this season, but you're choosing a keeper for cups. I would sell Yury.

Edit: I've just seen that Langfield averaged 5/10 in 2 cup matches this season, so I've changed my mind. Langfield has to go.

vCash
    Langfield is 31, time to move on....how bigs your transfer budget? I think you just have to get the best Welsh players possible whatever the cost. Scout some players in the Welsh under 21 side?
    Langfield looks the better keeper on att's but Yury has been with us a long time

From this season performances - I really couldn't split them!

We had FECK ALL in bank but now got £18m after prize money

BTW - there are hardly any "best" Welsh players available

U21's grim reading...........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Yury always seems a bit suspect to me. Admittedly he did very well for you in the league this season, but you're choosing a keeper for cups. I would sell Yury.

Edit: I've just seen that Langfield averaged 5/10 in 2 cup matches this season, so I've changed my mind. Langfield has to go.

Aye - Yury seems to have a brain fart now and again - usually mid season and probably from playing too many games - maybe this was why having the competition and not sufering from burnout helpedhim this season

Now you've just confused me but saying keep and sell both - wahahahahaha

vCash
    Some of those Welsh youngsters may actually be better than you think. They may very well have 'hidden talents' (high intrinsic values) that you are unaware of until you give them game time!

I say, have faith in them and let them play 5 to 10 games in a row before you decide if they look like first team quality or not.

19. Who’s that star R Allen? Sign him!

That’s a small under 21 squad, guess you didn’t use maximum Database?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Some of those Welsh youngsters may actually be better than you think. They may very well have 'hidden talents' (high intrinsic values) that you are unaware of until you give them game time!

I say, have faith in them and let them play 5 to 10 games in a row before you decide if they look like first team quality or not.
    Can't be doing with intrinsics mate

1 - no idea/interest what they are (you know i'm not a tactic lover!)

2 - we have 1 season left - this ain't no time for developing players any more
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 21-08-19 at 08:41 AM.

vCash

vCash
    And so it begins! Maybe best to just list all 3 and see what bids you get in, no telling whether you'd even get a bid for them if you decide on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I'm not a regen man and few more years and it would really be at that point

Not going to keep going until we do/do not win it either. The plan was to get the club up the leagues and competitive and introduce some WELSHies in it - and we've certainly done that thus far!
    I know what you mean, never usually one for long-term save games either but depends what sort of challenge that I'm doing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasGills View Post
    Instinctively I'd keep the youngest one, Rogers.
    Christ - massive shout that!

Are you saying he's good enough to play in Cups and Champions league?!

Granted, I could prob sell Yury and Langfield easier as they are proven and raise more cash but is Terry Rogers ready to setep up against the best in the world?!

vCash
    And so it begins! Maybe best to just list all 3 and see what bids you get in, no telling whether you'd even get a bid for them if you decide on one.

I know what you mean, never usually one for long-term save games either but depends what sort of challenge that I'm doing.

Listing all 3 - would that not alienate all 3 of then though? Whoever was then "not sold" - would they not be p!ssed at me and have an effect on performance in CUps and Champions League?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Christ - massive shout that!

Are you saying he's good enough to play in Cups and Champions league?!

Granted, I could prob sell Yury and Langfield easier as they are proven and raise more cash but is Terry Rogers ready to setep up against the best in the world?!
    This is not what I imagined. Sell the oldest ones, play the Welsh keeper you'll buy also in the cups, keep Rogers as backup.

But you know already what I think of those crappy pundits hanging around this story...