Page 219 of 226 FirstFirst ... 209215216217218219220221222223 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 5639

Thread: Jack to a King? – A Swansea City Story – by Redknapp69

Much needed league win and from nowhere you are 4th! The race for 4th is ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Much needed league win and from nowhere you are 4th! The race for 4th is ridiculous!
    Pleased with the win and a close run thing!

Bonkers race with lots of twists and turns I'd think!

"Home to Bayern Munich in the 1st Leg of the of the Quarter Final in Champions League!”

They have some incredible players such as Gerrard, Kaka, Chivu, Riquelme, Kewell, Raul etc!

Team News

No major selection headaches.

Totti in for experience (and quality!)

Vittek and Toni on bench (they would be anyway) – Symes and Feies injured

The Game

"Commanding performance for the Swans puts them in the driving seat!”

Very entertaining first half and we’ve been the dominant force

Aimar has a goal chalked off on 27 mins as Blondel handled the ball

But we get the goal we deserve when Ponzio hits a fierce shot in the roof of the net!

Bayern have a couple of chances but we could have made it 2 before HT through Sheva

Even more on top 2nd half and go into a 3 goal lead!

Shevchenko straight after the break beating his opponent in the air and then he assists Aimar to put us in dreamland at 3-0!

We have some tired bodies and Vieira is carrying an injury but they are playing so well I’m loathe to change it

Maybe it’s an error as Bayern do get a goal back in last few minutes

Could be a key away goal that but I would have taken 3-1 and I’m confident we can score over there as well

Don’t need to tell you who was MOM do I? Shevchenko AGAIN!

Spoiler!

Brugge dominate Valencia and Man U batter Feyenoord

Spanish battle still anyone’s!

Award News
    Richly deserved for our WELSH guys in team of the season

Next Up………..

Fantastic result over a very strong Bayern Munich, hopefully that last minute consolation for them won’t matter in the scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Fantastic result over a very strong Bayern Munich, hopefully that last minute consolation for them won’t matter in the scheme of things.
    Dominated them and controalled the game very well..................until late on

Am sure we can score over there though and then they would need a load of goals

Can't count the chickens though!

I'd rather win 2-0 than 3-1 but it's a great result nonetheless. Pity Feyenoord lost, both they also scored an away goal.

An away goal but 3-1 is still a nice cushion and I can’t see that team you’ve got not scoring in Munich

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I'd rather win 2-0 than 3-1 but it's a great result nonetheless. Pity Feyenoord lost, both they also scored an away goal.
    True - but TBH I was just happy enough with any win!

- - - Updated - - -

An away goal but 3-1 is still a nice cushion and I can’t see that team you’ve got not scoring in Munich
    Bayern are a funny team - they've smashed us before but we've done the same to them as well

"Semi Final of the FA Cup v Man Utd – played at King’s Dock Liverpool! !”

They have usually had the better of us and last team we beat them was a couple of years ago

Team News

Vieira and Toure are less than 90% so will be replaced by Carlisle and Petrov (Toure actually on Int’l duty anyway)

Totti 96% but we opt for “legs” in Carlucci in his place

The Game

"Man Utd – come meet Andriy Shevchenko - now FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!”

Generally even first half between 2 very good sides

Sheva gives a lovely start scoring in the 11th minute as Aimar takes a free kick and Sheva gets up above their keeper!

Utd get their own goal before HT from their own talisman – RVN!

But after the break we have the grit between our teeth and seem to WANT this final more – maybe Utd are thinking about the league

And Shevchenko is on absolute as he rifles a half volley home after fine play from Blondel and the game is looking good before 70 when he drives past 2 Utd defenders and slides one low into the corner

Then a comedy own goal puts us 4-1 up as Vittek squares the ball Vieira but it goes in off Utd’s Traore – wahahahahahaha

The Red Devils get a consolation goal at the end but we’ve been clinical today and Andriy was at his very very best

Jowsey had 4 shots fly into the net from 5 so a bad day for him!

He could be my best ever signing – Sheva AGAIN MOM – I’m running out of superlatives!

Spoiler!

Oi Oi – Watford beat Liverpool on penno’s!

We will play them in the final!

Post Match Interview with Andriy Shevchenko! (Italian media are at the match!)

Reporter: Ciao Andriy! Milan miss you a lot so we thought we’d see how you are getting on in sunny South Wales – enjoying? Seems like it with a HAT TRICK today!

Sheva: Ciao! Yes – very much so, I feel as though Redknapp69 has given me a new lease of life and I feel as good as I ever have done

Reporter: Do you think the rest in between games (not playing in League) has helped?

Sheva: Maybe. I want to play every game but I understand the gaffer want’s to play local lads for the fans – but we are in the mix for a couple of competitions in FA Cup and Champions League!

Reporter: Still playing internationally for Ukraine? We know with your American wife you have links there as well

Sheva: Indeed, but the mother in law actually has WELSH blood in her family – does that mean I can play for Wales please for my favourite ever manager Redknapp 69

Next Up…………..

Outstanding win and Watford overcoming Liverpool is nice as well. Djimi does love an FA Cup own goal but a 9 from him otherwise.

Outstanding win and Watford overcoming Liverpool is nice as well. Djimi does love an FA Cup own goal but a 9 from him otherwise.
    Stoked with that win!

Uts ain't met Sheva before that's for sure!

Watford beating Pool is surely only good news for us as well!

Djimi - still more CL medals than the likes of Michael Ballack. Fabio Cannavaro. Roberto Baggio. Francesco Totti. Dennis Bergkamp. Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Gianluigi Buffon. Ronaldo.

Sheva bringing his best for the big occasion!

What a bonus to get Watford in the final!

Sheva bringing his best for the big occasion!

What a bonus to get Watford in the final!
    I think i'm in love with Sheva!

Bonus "on paper" - the feckers better not spring an upset in the final now!

Great win over Bayern, shame about that late away goal for them. Nice to see Ponzio do well.

Sheva is on fire! Amazing win on the Man Utd patch and definitely nice to see Watford go through to play against.

Superb win, shock result for Liverpool. Watford in the Final

That Cup has your name on it already!
    It's looking good for us - I can't argue with that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Great win over Bayern, shame about that late away goal for them. Nice to see Ponzio do well.

Sheva is on fire! Amazing win on the Man Utd patch and definitely nice to see Watford go through to play against.
    Got some top quality CM/AM in the Europeans inclidoing Ponzio, Perez, Aimar, Feies, Blondel etc!

Sheva loved it - big stage and on thier own apcth - have some of that!

Cheery on cake iverpool losing

Must take final seriously tho!

"Away to league leaders Liverpool at the iconic Anfield!”

They are in a right battle with Man Utd for the league title as well!

And the Kop is in full voice

Team News

We’re going for a tweak in formation today – Bellamy dropping a little deeper

And Matthew Jones moved up into CM and Powell comes into DM

Here’s how we look

The Game

"It says something when you come away from Anfield devastated with a point!”

Poor quality first – 5 shots from both teams and only ONE shot on target!

But that shot results in a goal and it’s for the Swans!

A lovely team move from Weston to Griffiths to Vaughan to Jones to Bellamy who plays in the onrushing Koumas who smashed it in the top corner!

2nd half and it’s all Liverpool

We have a few guys booked and not at their best but we are holding them out – I cannot change it can I?!

Then – last few mins and Liverpool get their fecking deserved equaliser as Santa Cruz scores with a luscious half volley

GUTTED, but pleased with the effort and would have taken a point before the game!

Couldn’t fault the lads effort but a big gulf in quality

Spoiler!

We drop to 6th but I have to see this as a point gained

WALES Int’l News

No changes to the squad I picked – just the EIGHTEEN Swans players!

I’ll might try out some other players this time around in the game though to see what options I have

Hard luck conceding that late equaliser mate, you'd have took that result before the game but no surprise you feel deflated after the game.

Nice change of tactics, wonder where you got that idea from

Another valuable point. It would have been tough on Liverpool not to have got anything given the shots stats.

Hard luck conceding that late equaliser mate, you'd have took that result before the game but no surprise you feel deflated after the game.

Nice change of tactics, wonder where you got that idea from
    Wahahahahah - my "scouts/coaches" are valuable to me

Gutter but hey - point ain't to be sniffed at away to league leaders who did deserve at least a draw!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Another valuable point. It would have been tough on Liverpool not to have got anything given the shots stats.
    Yep - these single points "could" be valuable at season's end

They were well on top 2nd half and we were clinging on!

Good point away to the league leaders, although it was a late goal they got your probably wouldn’t have deserved all 3 points

Good point away to the league leaders, although it was a late goal they got your probably wouldn’t have deserved all 3 points
    Fair reflection on the game - can't argue!

Good point, but that late equaliser kind of spoilt it. Still, as you said, it's a point gained really.
    Deflation for sure but the lads knew they were up against it 2nd half

Initial dissapointment turned to us knowing it could be a valuable point on the journey back home!