And then buy him later?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Can you perhaps loan Beck?

And then buy him later?
    He's rubbish - just got lucky scoring 2 FK's against us

vCash

TRANSFER NEWS
    We manage to agree a deal with Carlisle for Michael Jack for 30k. Looks an impressive talent for me and we are desperately short in midfield options – he will join in January

Spoiler!

21st placed Oxford yet and although it’s a risk, I’m going give a 16 year old Ashley Williams some minutes (at LB in Howard’s absence :shocked. This is how awful he currently looks

Spoiler!

Keveaney and Goodfellow lead the line in Thomas’s absence with Watkin on bench

“Big Rog” makes some vital saves to ensure the Jack Army supports go home happy with 3 points!

Very good first half from us bit we couldn’t find the back of the next – until that perfect time to score – just before half time! Good play from MOM Lacey (he’s a DM beats!) and Phillips setting up Goodfellow for a fierce shot in the back of the net!

After the break we continue to play well but Oxford bucked the trend of their league position by equalising in the 56th minute! They certainly did pepper our goal and Freestone used all his experience to keep the rest out!

Just 10 minutes later, Swans had a corner, and from a Phillips delivery, Mumford gets his nut on it and powers it home!

We really should have got a 3rd and the last few minutes were squaky bum time keeping them out

A huge 3 points after a sticky spell!

Delighted to get a “W” registered again.

PLAYER WATCH
    Just looking at Ashley Williams debut performance

1 header which he won but he’ll be disappointed to miss both his tackles. Although he used the ball well when he did have it. He will be hoping for more minutes in the game to come but I must handle his development carefully

Spoiler!

TRANSFER NEWS
    Reading make a cheeky 35k bid for our first choice DC Jason Smith. I counter back with exchange for 2 players and they come back with a 450k bit which is made up of 190k up front and 25% future sell on fee

Not a bad counter bid (as we only have 150k in bank) but he’s too valuable to lose at this stage so I’ll be rejecting it

FUTURE TRANSFER OUT
    A 14k deal agreed with Telford for young 17 year old Geraint Frowen. We wish the lad well when he departs in January but he’ll not make the grade with us

Spoiler!

WALES INTERANTIONAL NEWS (For Swansea players)
    Jon Keaveney scores as Wales U21 beat Albania 3-1

Top of the table class now as we travel away to 2nd place Lincoln. They are already 3 points ahead of us so we really need to keep in touch with them and looking for a positive result

Feck – Keaveney is out of this game as still on Int’l duty – that leaves us with only 2 strikers who both will play!

The Red Imps steamroll a fatigued 2nd half Swans

The first half goes by where we are putting on the pressure and are the better team but cannot find the breakthrough

The lads come in at half time and no less than 4 of them have niggling injuries – what do you do here? – usually I take precaution and bring them off but with 4 having an issue I implore then to give me another final burst and we can see how things lie as the half goes on

And it was the wrong decision – one I’m sure I’ll learn from. Joe Baker steams ahead of our defenders to meet a crossed ball and puts Lincoln ahead. I make some subs (including an 18 year old youth striker!) but it’s all too late as Baker nets his 2nd of the game with a fine volley

No arguments that the 2nd half Lincoln overpowered our potentially injured lads

Devastated at this result. Coming up against a top of the table rival and not doing ourself justice in the 2nd half especially

Spoiler!

INJURY NEWS
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

My worst fears as the DM “Beast” that is Damien Lacey has a torn hamstring. I speak to the physio and they suggest he could be out for up to SIX months for rehab

Spoiler!

What the feck do I do? I REALLY cannot afford to be without him in my debut season and with the squad as small (with not the highest quality in midfield) already

But do I want to play a guy who’s clearly struggling

I sit down with Damien

Redders: Devil…………the physios suggested you may have tweaked a hammy vs Lincoln

Damien (AKA as The DM “Devil”) - Yeah Gaffer, when you took me off after 60 there was definitely a twinge

Redders: Feck. Word is if you go for rehab then it could be a six month layoff. How do you feel?

“The Devil” – I put my hand outs and grab her bazookas Gaffer – yourself?

Redders: Nah – I mean how the injury

“The Devil” – We haven’t got the biggest or best squad and I want to keep playing – I’ll run through a fecking brick wall for you boss!

Redders: Ok – That’s all good and well to hear but we have to think about your long term career as well. How do you feel about seeing how the next few games go and we can take a call from there? We’ve hoping to bring in some new recruits in January – none in your position but a beefier squad could then deal with your absence

“The Devil” – Sounds fair Gaffer and I have the utmost respect for your decisions. Let’s touch base in a few weeks and in the meantime smash the sh!t out of the fecking wurzels from over the bridge Bristol Rovers in the next game
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 05-09-17 at 09:44 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Looks like the squad is being tested to its limits! Definitely need to start bringing in some depth. Is it worth cashing in on one or two players just to raise the funds to buy 4/5?
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Looks like the squad is being tested to its limits! Definitely need to start bringing in some depth. Is it worth cashing in on one or two players just to raise the funds to buy 4/5?
    Not many of decent quality wanting to join which is the issue

Got deals agreed with 2 Free transfer Paraguayans that look good but unsure if permits will go through so scouting them to check before my hopes are dashed in January

vCash

Bristol Rovers up next and really a game we must target a win – at home and a team in lower half of the table

Given there is a game in 3 days time I again give some home game time to Ashley Williams

2 points dropped by the Swans against the “Wurzels”?

Shocking start after going 1 down in the 7th minute. An excellent FK to be fair from Rovers

We then dominate the rest of the half and gain a deserved equaliser after 30 minutes from the pacey Goodfellow.

1-1 at HT then. Ashley Williams has a niggle and after the previous game of it backfiring(!) I’m taking him off. Also on a 5 rating but he’ll spare a warning given his age (I usually warn “5” rated players) and have a pep talk to him instead. O’Leary takes his place

The 2nd half goes by with a whimper with neither team doing enough for the win

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

ANOTHER game that we really should have won but with “Big Rog” being MOM maybe a point is fair

Spoiler!

Great to see “The Devil” Damien Lacey come through the game unscathed and as ever a superb “8” rated performance

But on the flip side – with that result, we drop down to 6th

FA Cup Draw – 1st Round

Home draw is always good – against a fellow League 2 side though so won’t be the easiest (mostly non–league at this stage)

And funnily enough – they have just former Swans manager Brian Flynn as their new manager!

Fitness worries ahead of the game against the “Grand old Duke of York”. Tate/Mumford are both “exhausted” so are rested from the squad. Watkin replaces a tired Goodfellow up top

Swans get Superkeepered!

Well – that was a mad 1st half! 2-2 and no end of action- but AGAIN – another half we dominated but didn’t get our just desserts but today we also could have stopped their goals better

Great to see Lee Jenkins back on the score sheet as he’s been quiet of late but shortly after McCarthy drifted past O’Leary and Smith to make it 1-1

The Devil gets on the scoresheet with a tap in but it’s excruciating to see York score within 6 minutes to make it 2-2

The 2nd half see’s us dominate possession and territory but we get essentially superkeepered and only go home with 1 point when it really should have been 3

[spoiler]

[spoiler]

No way we didn’t deserve the 3 points here. But no point in bitchin’, we need to make it happen

Spoiler!

Going through a tough spell at the moment with form dropping, lady luck not going our way and some key key injuries. And to top it, even “Big Rog” had a ‘mare today

We are determined more than ever to turn our form around and start climbing the league again (even though bizarrely we climb a place )

Last edited by Redknapp69; 06-09-17 at 09:29 PM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It only adds a realistic touch to this journey. I like that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrkh View Post
    It only adds a realistic touch to this journey. I like that!
    Not sure what you mean by that but sounds like you are enjoying are slump in form

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that but sounds like you are enjoying are slump in form
    You got me there! I just think it's more of a challenge and a 'real' performance this way, instead of coming in and immediately set an unbeaten run of (over) five years or so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrkh View Post
    You got me there! I just think it's more of a challenge and a 'real' performance this way, instead of coming in and immediately set an unbeaten run of (over) five years or so.
    Completely agree!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Always makes for a good story if it's not about glory all the time.

Definitely struggling a tad but think you'll come through it eventually. Can't believe you had two players exhausted already after just 12 league games
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Good stuff Redders.

Reading your story reminded me of this game that I remember going to. The events that were going on in New York weren't really clear. We also had a 3 sided ground due to a new stand being built.

The strangest atmosphere at a football match ever.

Didn't realise Nathan Tyson was a Swan?

League Division 3 - 11th September 2001

Plymouth Argyle 3 Swansea City 1

Starting lineups:

Romain Larrieu Roger Freestone
    Steve Adams Kristian O'Leary
    David Worrell Matt Bound
    Graham Coughlan Mike Howard
    Brian McGlinchey Jonathan Coates
    Paul Wotton Lee Jenkins
    Jon Beswetherick Gareth Phillips
    David Friio Stuart Roberts
    Martin Phillips Nicholas Mazzina
    Nicky Banger Mamady Sidibe
    Micky Evans Nathan Tyson

vCash
    Your team needs to be strengthened but that will take time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Always makes for a good story if it's not about glory all the time.

Definitely struggling a tad but think you'll come through it eventually. Can't believe you had two players exhausted already after just 12 league games

Ah - the old lower leagues innit - games every 3 days and a small squad!

vCash
    Your team needs to be strengthened but that will take time!
    Yes - have a good few coming in January now (more in next few updates) and still unknown whether 2 Paraguayans will have work permit approved - unlikley so not banking on them joining

January will certainly see a different squad though!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PilgrimPete View Post
    Good stuff Redders.

Reading your story reminded me of this game that I remember going to. The events that were going on in New York weren't really clear. We also had a 3 sided ground due to a new stand being built.

The strangest atmosphere at a football match ever.

Didn't realise Nathan Tyson was a Swan?

League Division 3 - 11th September 2001

Plymouth Argyle 3 Swansea City 1

Starting lineups:

Romain Larrieu Roger Freestone
    Steve Adams Kristian O'Leary
    David Worrell Matt Bound
    Graham Coughlan Mike Howard
    Brian McGlinchey Jonathan Coates
    Paul Wotton Lee Jenkins
    Jon Beswetherick Gareth Phillips
    David Friio Stuart Roberts
    Martin Phillips Nicholas Mazzina
    Nicky Banger Mamady Sidibe
    Micky Evans Nathan Tyson

Great knowledge!

Sidibe was a unit IIRC

Tyson always did decent in Champman - I'll shortlist them 2 now and see if they are interested!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Yes - have a good few coming in January now (more in next few updates) and still unknown whether 2 Paraguayans will have work permit approved - unlikley so not banking on them joining

January will certainly see a different squad though!
    Paraguayans? Any ex-Swans players among them? Make sure you don't end up with a foreign legion squad!

vCash
    They are just freebies willing to join but can't see WP being granted

Good call on the FGN and we do want to have a Welsh spine if possible!

New update within the hour

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

2nd placed Hull at Home – next. MASSIVE game against a big team who are 6 points ahead of us

Howard out for a few days but full strength squad otherwise

Swans steal a point against promotion chasing Hull

Mad first half where we fell 1 down and 2-1 down but came back each time to 2-2.

We were completely outplayed but the Hull ‘keeper seems to be having a bad day – let’s hope it continues for 2nd half!

2nd half very quiet – I made a few subs to force the game (but TBH due to lack of options they were more defensive minded players )

So – we finish with a point and this is probably more we deserved so we should take that very happily against the 2nd placed team!

Spoiler!

We remain in the play-off places whilst those in the Top 3 continue to move ahead……….

Transfer News- Player Out

We accept a 30k bid for David Smith. 33 years old, not rated by me and not played a game since I’m here

Player Transfer Listed
    33 Year Old Paul Reid is placed on transfer list. He has been in the squad this season but given his age, my coaches have suggested that I should accelerate James Coomber into the first team squad ahead of him.

Neil Sharpe is also listed – not played a game so I may as well cash in on him if I can.

Spoiler!

Home game now v 12th place Macclesfield

We’ve been on an awful run recently so really need the 3 points

The game is only 3 days later and we have a heavily fatigued squad. Thankfully, Michael Howard is back at Left Back!

Quite a few changes as I give Ashley Williams some game time as a holding midfielder in MC position while Jenkins and the aforementioned youth player James Coomber have forward arrows to get forward. De Vuglt in for a tired “Devil” as we again have another game in 3 days so rotation is the name of the game!

Cyril The Swan portrays Fans feelings – the harshest result this season – unbelievable!

An excellent first half where we BATTERED them – but couldn’t get the goal!

James Thomas with a niggle so Goodfellow (in very good form) comes on for him in 2nd half

You can guess what happens next – we get CHAMPMANNED

2 quick goals from Macclesfield put us on the back foot. We do get a late consolation and pushed very hard for the equaliser but it was not to be

This is BIG BIG blow. We ANNAHILATED them all game yet come out the losing side – how the feck can this happen!

There are positives in the way we played and how a 16 year old kid comes in and is MOM

Spoiler!

We fall to 8th place with that result and the recent form is worrying……….

The local press are questioning my pedigree in the press conference………………

Reporter: Redders, what’s your thoughts on what’s just happened in that game today?

Redders: I’m fecking fuming. We dominate the game, play really well and then let 2 stupid goals slip in a matter of minutes

Reporter: How did you think Jason Smith played today?

Redders: How did he play? He was bloody awful for their goals and this is the 2nd game in succession he has been poor. He was warned last week and although sometimes it’s good to keep things in the dressing room he’s been told again this week and if his next performance doesn’t improve (and I’m not guaranteeing he’ll start the next game) there will be serious consequences

Reporter: String stuff…….

Redders: I’m not one to fly off the handle but we’re not in a god run of form at the moment so it doesn’t help when we’re shooting ourselves in the foot over and over again

Reporter: Well – let’s look to lighten the mood. Young James Coomber eh?

Redders: Yes – he had a superb game today and this is credit for him being superb in training. The transfer window is looming and it’s no surprise to hear that there will be in and out’s like at any club. We’ve already got deals for some going out, hopefully news on some coming in but as has been proved today, the opportunity ois there for the young lads to get an opportunity and shine

Reporter: Another game in 4 days time then

Redders: Yes – and this is one we simply must get a positive result from. We had a great start to the season where lots of trumpets are being blown but we’re probably in the position now I was hoping we would be at the start of the season to be in an around the play off spots. We need to regain momentum and fast

Reporter: Well, we wish you luck with that and the fans are very much still behind you as from a recently conducted poll

Redders: Which is pleasing to hear as seen from the Hull game with over 8,000 people. That dropped to just under 6,000 today and the crowd really are our 12th man. The situation has not changed since I came in – WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

Transfer News – Future Player In
    A 26k deal done for DRC Scott McNiven – Looks better than what we have now and versatile. He will join in January

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    James Coomber, your coaches got that right!

But you'd better be gentle with him. He's only sixteen!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    James Coomber, your coaches got that right!

But you'd better be gentle with him. He's only sixteen!
    Yeah - storming start for him!

he's better than half of the rubbish we currently have in the team so he's bringing some youthful exuberance!

Got the scout out looking for more youth players!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Tipton and Somerville!

What a lower league partnership :O

Working steadily towards the promotion play-offs, just need one good run!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Tipton and Somerville!

What a lower league partnership :O

Working steadily towards the promotion play-offs, just need one good run!
    Yeah - we had a good start then fell apart for a few games!

vCash
    McNiven looks like a good signing, let's hope he helps you to get back on track.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to CMAdventurer For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CMAdventurer View Post
    McNiven looks like a good signing, let's hope he helps you to get back on track.
    Yeah - Will probably oust Alan tate at RB and Terry will then be sold. Can also cover CB which is nice!

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast