Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 2313

Thread: Jack to a King? A Swansea City Story by Redknapp69

vCash
    I would sell Batty, extend Howard, Tate and Freestone for squad and sell Yates imho

2. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

Redknapp69 is offline Soccer Manager - Division 1 Title/Cup
    Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Surely Freestone should be offered a deal as a first team player?

Try Tate as a hot prospect, may take a deal then?

Howard definitely needs to move on, imo. Never let you down indeed but don't think he'll cut it at this level.

Yates/Batty - Need to keep only one of them on, imo. Leave both deals for now and see who performs the most come the end of the season and offer a new deal to that one.

Freestone has been offered a deal and we are in negotiations with him - should be resolved soon

Why would Tate
    accept under (what I perceive) to be a lower status? Is Hot Prospect better than Squad Rotation then?

Feel bad for Howard - not great att's but NEVER been under a rating of 7 in his career - how many can say that?! Can't offer him more game time though which seems his kicker after previously being OK as a bakcup

Batty/Yates - Yeah - we still have "The Beast" Lacey who always does OK when called upon and can be a backup so we prob will leave both of these until EOS

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I would only offer Howard (?), Freestone and Yates a new contract.
    Not a bad line of thinking but Howard wont sign under Squad Rotation and if we offer Yates now he wants to go from 1k to about 7k
    ]
    Same as Big Rog really but we HAVE to offer him a contract!

Only problem with Freestone is that he currently has and in future wants a Manager Release clause but I'm sure if I've used him before and ODB and he keeps playing until 40 or something

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    I would sell Batty, extend Howard, Tate and Freestone for squad and sell Yates imho
    Eh - sell our 2 best DM?! - who plays there then?!

Batty only worth 150k as well so not much point TBH

Tate is an interesting one - need to give him more of a chance I feel before making a final decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Freestone has been offered a deal and we are in negotiations with him - should be resolved soon

Why would Tate
    accept under (what I perceive) to be a lower status? Is Hot Prospect better than Squad Rotation then?

Feel bad for Howard - not great att's but NEVER been under a rating of 7 in his career - how many can say that?! Can't offer him more game time though which seems his kicker after previously being OK as a bakcup

Batty/Yates - Yeah - we still have "The Beast" Lacey who always does OK when called upon and can be a backup so we prob will leave both of these until EOS
    Anyone under the age of 24 can have a hot prospect status. I find that having that as a status means they don't expect to play so often and won't demand much cash either.

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Ah righto - may as well give it a whirl and see if he's open to a new deal then

If he gets pissed off then his contract is expiring anyway I guess so maybe nothing to lose!

vCash
    Batty should be livid that he's not ahead of Yates inn the pecking order.

Both are getting on a bit and I agree on letting their contracts run down and assess at seasons end.

Gotta say, Freestone is taking the piss isn't he?
    Old and winding down the career but knows there's no competition for his spot. Also knows how much the club are in debt yet asks for 8 times his current wage.

I'd be searching for replacements already if it was me!!

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Batty: Let it expire and see at the end of season if you want to keep him.
    Howard: Extension, but only as rotation player. Otherwise same as Batty.
    Tate:Extension, but only as rotation player. Otherwise same as Batty and Howard.
    Freestone:First team ofcourse, no doubt about it! EXTEND THAT CONTRACT!
    Yates: He's worse than Batty attribute wise, but younger. I'd say extension as rotation player. Otherwise same as Batty, Howard and Tate.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Join the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and World Cup Game
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Batty: Let it expire and see at the end of season if you want to keep him. - tend to agree
    Howard: Extension, but only as rotation player. Otherwise same as Batty. - Howard wont sign as Rotation
    Tate:Extension, but only as rotation player. Otherwise same as Batty and Howard. Tate wont extend as Rotation - will try Hot prospect as Mark suggested
    Freestone:First team ofcourse, no doubt about it! EXTEND THAT CONTRACT! - It's in the offing #LEGEND
    Yates: He's worse than Batty attribute wise, but younger. I'd say extension as rotation player. Otherwise same as Batty, Howard and Tate.
    Might leave Yates towards later in season as he wants to jump from 1k to 7k!

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Batty should be livid that he's not ahead of Yates inn the pecking order.

Both are getting on a bit and I agree on letting their contracts run down and assess at seasons end.

Gotta say, Freestone is taking the piss isn't he?
    Old and winding down the career but knows there's no competition for his spot. Also knows how much the club are in debt yet asks for 8 times his current wage.

I'd be searching for replacements already if it was me!!

Can't remember but I may have signed Batty when he was a free transfer so maybe he's happy he's playing at all and in PL!

But yes - age is going against them but still performing very well!

Wahahahahahahaha on Big Rog - actually Steve Phillips prob has better att's than him but look at Freestone career - amazing performance!

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash

We now welcome 2nd place Liverpool to The Vetch Field

Really tough game on the cards – the feckers have got CM 0102 god Kim Kallstrom in their side as well

Conte replaces Graham more for his experience than the youthful Benjamin. Howard comes in at LB for injured Davidson

Yates is replaced by Batty as well to freshen things up

“Amazing 2nd half performance and a bit of luck gets Swans back to winning ways!”

The first half couldn’t be any closer – proper 50/50 game with both sides only mustering 1 shot on target each

Jack and O’Leary with niggles. I look to protect Jack and I have to take off Conte as he’s having a mare – “5” and booked!

Hesp and Benjamin replace them

And it seems to pay dividends!

A brilliant 2nd half and we are more on the front foot – youthful exuberance maybe with Hesp and Benjamin

Berg is superb at the back and thwarts any counters

Thomas replaces Vassell and he gets a penalty when barged in the back!

Alexiou slots it away and we see the game out for a fine win!

Berg was an absolute rock in defence today

Spoiler!

Back up to 2nd. Again, it looks like our defence is doing well this year!

Injury News

He’ll miss the next 3 games 

Contract Extension

Very well deserved for Big Rog. It bumped his wages up from 1k to 6.5k and 100k sign on fee. Times may be hard but surely nobody can begrudge this deal!

Other News

For those interested in Chelsea – they are still way down in 17th place and vultures circling………….

Away to Spurs now – the tough games keep coming!

But they are in bad form and 14th. However, with the likes of Edgar Davids, Robbie Keane, Ledley King etc

Hesp comes in for Conte but strong as we can otherwise

“Swans smash and grab a very fortunate win in North London!”

Really fast start from Spurs but we score on the counter when Jack’s effort rebounds off the post and Alexiou follows up!

Disaster before HT when Vassell sees red for pushing a Spurs player away. Harsh IMO but you can’t raise your hands

Batty with a niggle and Berg booked so both replaced. This is gonna be a holdout job now in 2nd half!

And that is exactly what happens. Spurs all over us, have 2 goals disallowed but lady luck shines on us to gift us a totally undeserved 3 points!

Freestone was superb on the back of his new contract and a big for Yates when he came on!

Spoiler!

Remain in 2nd but only 6 points between 1st and 12th!

Player Banned

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline 0102Bet Mod
    Member of the Month
    Network Games Mod
    Official Challenge Mod
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    Most Mod Titles
    vCash
    Deserved win against Liverpool! How did you cope with the emotions?

You really swined against Tottenham, but three points are three points! And the legend Freestone proving his worth after signing that extension, well done!
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!
    Want to have your tactic tested to see where it ranks? Join the Revamped Tactics League!
    Current games: Ultimate Managers League, Road To Glory and World Cup Game
    Current stories: From Misfits To Champions: An Interactive Story, The Coventry Comeback and The Great Comeback: A Dutch Football Story

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Man alive!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Deserved win against Liverpool! How did you cope with the emotions?

You really swined against Tottenham, but three points are three points! And the legend Freestone proving his worth after signing that extension, well done!
    Emotions went out of the window! - Jacks all the way in this story!

It was a fine win - nothing in the game at HT and my subs worked absolute wonders!

Spurs was the typical CM superkeeper and result but went out way - it's been a while since I've had one of them where we were completely outplayed!

Happy to get Rog signed up as well - richly deserved!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Man alive!
    I would have been delighted with 2 points from those games - but fortune favoured us in both!

Subs were immense in 2nd half of Pool game and I have no idea what happened in the Spurs game - maybe we put a spell on them

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Making easy work of it. You really haven't struggled at all during this story!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Making easy work of it. You really haven't struggled at all during this story!
    Liverpool game could of gone either way and completely battered by Spurs - we could be half way in table if those results didn't go our way!

But the team are doing well - it's been a pretty solid unit we've had for past couple of years so not much been upsetting the apple cart..........................apart from the off field activities with finances

vCash

Jack to a King? A Swansea City Story by Redknapp69

Kallstrom had a nightmare but when youve got a defence with Biscan & Vignal in it Im surprised it wasnt more. Good wins though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. The Following User Says Thank You to justanotherkc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    great performance by the swans vs Liverpool especially the defence, it was a really bad day for Conte irl too
    You absolutely mugged 3 points from Spurs, Big Rog to the rescue!!
    Your doing great in the table, if United are in Europe you'll be champions by April!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotherkc View Post
    Kallstrom had a nightmare but when youve got a defence with Biscan & Vignal in it Im surprised it wasnt more. Good wins though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey - Igor is a legend!

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    great performance by the swans vs Liverpool especially the defence, it was a really bad day for Conte irl too
    You absolutely mugged 3 points from Spurs, Big Rog to the rescue!!
    Your doing great in the table, if United are in Europe you'll be champions by April!
    A fine start but not many points between 1st and 11th.

2 wins or losses and you could be anywhere!
    Last edited by Redknapp69; 14-01-18 at 01:48 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash

Home to Stockport in the League Cup

They are in the 4th Division (League 2) so we hope to progress!

We have West Ham away in 4 days so play a rotated side

“Comfortable day at the office vs bottom tier opponents!”

Again, it’s a lowly 3k crowd watching us 

Men against boys first half and we get our just desserts when Alsop sets up Hesp to head home.

Probably could have been 2-0 but we go into the break with Tate struggling but he asks to carry on

The tables are then turned where Hesp sets up Alsop to see the game home!

We then make sub subs but are a bit slack as Stockport get a deserved goal back but we progress to next round

Strikers were excellent but Hesp just outshines them on today’s performance

Spoiler!

Other News

Chelsea Manager SACKED!

EFL Cup 4th Round Draw

Another good draw for us AND at Home! Burnely are bottom of championship and in a relegation battle!

Away to 16th place West Ham who seem to be having a tough time

The rested first choice team are assembled!

“London remains a happy hunting place against the Hammers!”

Vassell could do with a goal after only 2 in 10 games…………………..and he gets one! He hits it hard and high and sales in top corner!

The rest of the half is quite quiet which I fine for us when we are 1-0 up!

Freestone does well from a corner tipping away Dailly’s header but Steve Stone is there to get the equaliser

But less than 10 minutes later Jack found a random wandering O’Leary who took a pot shot and somehow scored

Feck knows what he was doing up there bet get in!

Nervy finish to the game but it’s ANOTHER 3 points we take from our travels to London!

Alexiou worked his balls off up front today

Spoiler!

Madness – we’re top of the league

Post Match Interview

Reporter:
    Redders – that is 3 wins in London vs Spurs, Chelsea and Now West Ham, it seems like you are a fan of the country’s capital!

Redders: Well, it’s not a 100% record as we did lose to Millwall but I am delighted with how the season has gone so far!

Reporter: Some pundits are suggesting there could be something special already happening – you couldn’t, could you?!

Redders: Calm down fella! There is another 27 games to go and all I want to do is get to 40 points as soon as possible!

Reporter: What do you put the form down to though? Your defensive record is amongst best in the league!

Redders: We defend as a team and if we can hold teams out then we’ll always have a chance to win. But I’ve emplored the team to play with positively with a smile on their face – and it’s working this far!

Reporter: And some winnable games on paper coming up

Redders: You can say that, but we lost to Millwall so we will be taking every team on their merits!

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    expected win in the cup, Hesp had a blinder
    Closer game away at WHU, you did well to get 3 points there and with the fixtures coming up, I predict 18 out of 21 points Good Luck

33. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    expected win in the cup, Hesp had a blinder
    Closer game away at WHU, you did well to get 3 points there and with the fixtures coming up, I predict 18 out of 21 points Good Luck
    I'd have been fecked off not to qualify in cup vs a team in 4th division!

Hammers was close - they put the pressure on 2nd half but we squeaked it

I think I'm having Samsami's 2nd half of the season luck here in the Prem so far!

vCash
    Cracking run continues, hopefully you won't slip up and drop standards against teams you ought to be aiming to beat.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Social Media Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Cracking run continues, hopefully you won't slip up and drop standards against teams you ought to be aiming to beat.
    I hope so but I think we are at our peak with regards performance and luck at the moment

Certainly good looking games on paper but that didnt work well against Millwall!