Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Results 1,051 to 1,069 of 1069

Thread: Jack to a King? – A Swansea City Story – by Redknapp69

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Damn, I totally forgot about this story the last two days and just caught up!

Deserved win over Sunderland although they made it easy for you with their sending off.

Lost 2 points against Blackburn i.m.o. and poor performance from Tate. Did you warn him afterwards?

Vassell only 3 goals in 14 games is pretty poor for someone with those attributes. Disappointing.

Great deal on Lunder! Young, versatile and for free. I would play him as first team RB with that speed and crossing, but could also serve as DC/DMC.

Again lost 2 points against Middlesbrough and Davidson with a poor performance. Did you warn him afterwards?

Crystal Palace in the FA Cup seems doable!

Robbie Savage!

Good win against Crystal Palace!

All in all you're doing fine although lots of teams have games in hand!
    You FORGOT

Yes - I warned Tate and he's not taking his chances. He is willing to accept a contract at Hot Prospect status but not sure he deserves one so we'll leave him run down

Vassell now has 4 after scoring in last game but his all around play has been great whilst Alexiou got the goals

RB seems the option for Lunder then!

Davidson accepted he was gash - pretty steady for me normally

Palace is fine - home is key and they are struggling!

Savage - Delighted to get a WELSH man in!

Palace - cannon fodder at bottom of table - should have been more comfoirtable!

Yep - we're in a good positions but realistic that we'll fall down league with other teams games in hand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash

Future Transfers IN

We’ve had him on loan before and given the financial situation I’m taking advantage of him on Bosman – we’ll review nearer the time whether to go ahead with it

Whilst Matthews looks a decent defender and possible replacement for Berg who is going to retire

Away to 10th place Fulham who are really on the charge at the moment!

Full strength team is chosen

“Pulsating draw against the Cottagers in South West London!”

AGAIN, Alexiou scores so eearly on taking the Fulham dfenders by surprise!

Fulham then come right back into the game and both teams are playing very weel but we remain a goal to the good at HT

Jack and Hesp both have niggles so replaced by Graham and Conte

Fulham pile on the pressure 2nd half and get a deserved equaliser

They then seem happy with their lot and sit back. We throw EVERYTHING at it but to no avail

A really hard fought quality game and a draw was probably a fair result

Fulham defence were excellent late on – Goma the standout

Spoiler!

We remain in 3rd – just 8 points short of our target!

Contract Extension

Amid interest from Arsenal and Newcastle, we gave Tom Hesp a deserved new contract. His wage has more than doubled to some £5.5k a week and now the release clause which he insisted on has gone up from £425k to £1.7m

Future Transfer IN

Big name signing will look to come in on a free

Whilst we have agreed terms with TSIGALKO………………………..not Maxim though! But this keeper could well be our future number 1

And Schurrer looks an excellent defender

Next is home to 5th placed Everton. They have the like of a 19 year old Wayne Rooney, £10m rated WELSH striker Robert Earnshaw and bizarrely Steve McManaman is now plying his trade the other side of Stanley Park!

Whilst they are managed by David Moyes

No changes to our team

“Toffees too good for Swans in a game of fine margins”

Pretty even first half, only difference is Everton hit their shots on target and we did not

Sadly for us, they scored just before HT when Gravesen setup Appiah

The 2nd half is a mirror image where it’s an even game but we can’t hot a barn door and they are on target

They go 2 up before we grab a goal back but disallowed

We then make 3 quick subs to get us back in it but it’s too late when David Graham only gets a late consolation

Graham made a good impact but O’Leary fought well and got forward when he could for the MOM

Spoiler!

We drop down to 5th as a result………

Injury news

A blow this – he’ll miss at least SIX games – and our replacements “Gyfli” and Ready are not really top notch

Loan news

He’s back and did OK at Bury……..

Post Match Interview

Reporter: Redders, 1 point from the last 2 games. How are you finding the Premier League?

Redders: It’s tough as fook innit! We have had a fine start and that got us into the position where we are now. Yes – last couple of games were not great, but again, and I keep saying this, we continue to play well.

Reporter: But the goals are running as free as they once were and the goals against column is now creeping up?

Redders: Look, this is the best league in the world. Who would have thought we would have been where we are now?! The defenders and goalkeepers are top notch in this league as are some of the immense attackers as we just seen with Wayne Rooney!

Reporter: nearly half the season has gone and you’re close to the magical 40 point mark. If you get there, do you think you’ll see a drop off in the players form?

Redders: No – it will not happen under my stewardship and there is plenty of competition to take their place if it does happen. That is our target – to stay in that league, but let’s get to that points total and then kick on!

Reporter: Finally, the Jnuary transfer window will soon be open, Any incomings or outgoing?

Redders: Currently nothing in January as we are under financial pressure but we do have some deals lined up for the summer which we’ll review nearer the time

Reporter: Ah yes – how are the finances?

Redders: Fecking grim…………..

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Brooker is a good signing, but another striker?

Matthews, Thome and Schürrer are very decent defenders, but they're all 31+ so little to no sell value and probably will cost you a lot on wages.

Tsigalko looks amazing, but are you sure he's not a Wonderkid?

The Fulham draw was a fair result I think, but it's always rotten luck to give away a lead late game.

The Everton loss could have been a draw as well if your lads didn't leave their shooting boots at home.

Still in the top 6 like I predicted, but you need to get some results going to stay there!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Reporter: But the goals are running as free as they once were and the goals against column is now creeping up?
    For goodness sake, it's the Premier League. Didn't you want to punch that reporter?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    For goodness sake, it's the Premier League. Didn't you want to punch that reporter?
    He was trying to wind me up for sure . . .

vCash
    Brooker is a good signing, but another striker?

Matthews, Thome and Schürrer are very decent defenders, but they're all 31+ so little to no sell value and probably will cost you a lot on wages.

Tsigalko looks amazing, but are you sure he's not a Wonderkid?

The Fulham draw was a fair result I think, but it's always rotten luck to give away a lead late game.

The Everton loss could have been a draw as well if your lads didn't leave their shooting boots at home.

Still in the top 6 like I predicted, but you need to get some results going to stay there!

TBH, I’m just getting a load of deals ‘in the bag’ and will review near end of season who I will take

But will that affect my manager reputation?

The GK only has atts 1 better than current keepers and I’ve never heard of him unless anyone else has?

Scoring has been a problem this year. Seems to be a combination of quality may not be at the required level, better goalkeepers in PL and strikers not being consistent or quality of chances

Couldn’t argue with Everton result but disappointed with Fulham game

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    TBH, I’m just getting a load of deals ‘in the bag’ and will review near end of season who I will take

But will that affect my manager reputation?

The GK only has atts 1 better than current keepers and I’ve never heard of him unless anyone else has?

Scoring has been a problem this year. Seems to be a combination of quality may not be at the required level, better goalkeepers in PL and strikers not being consistent or quality of chances

Couldn’t argue with Everton result but disappointed with Fulham game
    Yury Tsigalko is the twin brother of Maxim!

As far as I know signing players has no effect on your rep?

vCash
    Certainly getting plenty of freebies tied up. Guess that's the way you need to be working atm but got to make sure they're good enough for the top flight.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    Yury Tsigalko is the twin brother of Maxim!

As far as I know signing players has no effect on your rep?

Nah - I meant if I sign a load of freebies but before the deal goes through I cancel the transfers - does that affect my rep in game at all

Unlikely I will keep all of thee Bosmans but given the financial situation I'm just getting them in!

Didn't know he was Maxim's brother!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Certainly getting plenty of freebies tied up. Guess that's the way you need to be working atm but got to make sure they're good enough for the top flight.
    Indeed - age and maybe quality concerns on some but I'll review the deals towards end of season to see if I still want them!

vCash
    nice update redders, some good signings there for next season. 2 tricky games so 1 point isn't bad, could be worse, 8 more points for safety and its only halfway through the season, its a dead cert

16. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    nice update redders, some good signings there for next season. 2 tricky games so 1 point isn't bad, could be worse, 8 more points for safety and its only halfway through the season, its a dead cert
    Indeed my learned friend!

40 points is the holy grail and we'll see where we go from there!

vCash

5 games in 10 days!

Home to 11th placed Leeds now who are very much mid-table – crazy when you see some of the players they have!

A few forced changes due to fatigue which will be the case over the festive period!

“Marching on together? Not for Leeds with a poor performance!”

Excellent 1st half from us and we go 2 goals to the good!

Miler and Carlisle with niggles and replaced

Leeds try as thy might 2nd half but to my surprise we are the better team overall and pretty much coast to a win!

2nd good game in a row for Graham and he is MOM – I’m glad he is somewhat looking back to how we know and love him!

Spoiler!

Back up to 3rd…..

Injury news

A blow as he’s done well off the bench or when starting and will miss SIX games 

Crunch game now vs 4th placed Newcastle at St James’s Park

Tobros is banned for 1 game and Thomas out injured are the main changes

“Points shared between Magpies and Swans in drab encounter!”

1st half is a drab affair but from what action there was both teams scored – we thankfully got an equaliser just before HT!

Hesp and Cisse come on for Miller and Jack who are carrying a knock

Exactly the same 1nd half but to our disappointment we cannot muster a shot on target

It ends up a draw and maybe a better result for us – I’ll take it!

Solid team performance but us but lack the creative quality up top and Newcastle defender is MOM

Spoiler!

We stay 3rd…..

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    On schedule if you really want 6 points out of 4.
    I still think you are over-performing but that is no reason to complain

21. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    after beating a talented Leeds side i expect the Toon is a disappointment for you, but a point away is always good. 2 8's from Big Rog and the G man had a blinder vs Leeds, up the Swans

23. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Started following this recently.
    You make it look easy with the successive promotions and then competing at the top of the PL.
    It will be interesting to see if Vassell (ex villa) can reach his potential.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to the villan For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Still picking up the points against these teams who used to be tough to beat on the ODB!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    On schedule if you really want 6 points out of 4.
    I still think you are over-performing but that is no reason to complain
    We are definitely over performing!

How long can it last thought?

2 big injuries with Berg and Thomas out as well for 6 games each..........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    after beating a talented Leeds side i expect the Toon is a disappointment for you, but a point away is always good. 2 8's from Big Rog and the G man had a blinder vs Leeds, up the Swans
    No idea what has happened to Leeds as they have a great ODB side but we beat them twice this season now with ease!

Newcastle was indeed disappointing - not too much in the game apart from they hit the target a lot more than we did! - Delighted with a point in that regard though

Rog is defying his age and must be on a good 7.3 average in the PL!

I'm soooooooooooo happy Graham has got confidence back - he's been one of best players we've had for a long time but was on about 6.6 rating and very low confidence - but a couple of cracking games so I hope he is back to his best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Started following this recently.
    You make it look easy with the successive promotions and then competing at the top of the PL.
    It will be interesting to see if Vassell (ex villa) can reach his potential.

Thanks for following/commenting

Yes - so far it's gone all to well!

And o far a fine start in PL

We are nearly £8-£9m in debt though as they had to redevelop the ground

Vassell was a cracking Bosman and has a decent average for me but he hasn't been hitting back of the net as much as we'd like - think he only has like 5 in 18 games or something!

But he has been setting up his partner a lot which is great to see!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Still picking up the points against these teams who used to be tough to beat on the ODB!
    Deffo baffled by Leeds - beat them easy home and away!

The 40 point mark is getting closer but the players seem to be feeling this from what I am sensing..............

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243