Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 1,076 to 1,094 of 1094

Thread: Jack to a King? A Swansea City Story by Redknapp69

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I learning poin for me - I thought the game was won in 2nd half with us 2-0 up against a team bottom of table

But this is the premier league and ANYTHING can happen

Dropping down the table but as long as that 40 points is hit I'm happy!
    I was happy with 13th position in my first year with Rovers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    Wow looks like the quality of Arsenal' strikes told against Big Rog His Morale must have been affected for the next game vs Coventry!
    2 tough away games 1 point, on hands and knees crawling to that golden 40, good luck
    Henry came on and made a big impact to be fair

Coventry wasn't Freestone's fault - totally on my head making daft and not needed subs

Yeah - we're scraping to that 40 points but we'll get there

Just not need to do a WBA and completely collapse after it by relaxing......................although some say we are doing that now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    I was happy with 13th position in my first year with Rovers!
    I'd be happy with 17th

But that cannot be an excuse to drop so much given the start we had so we'll fight tooth and nail to stay in top half of the table!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Missed a few updates, but just caught up.

Look like you've got a few good signings there. A win against Leeds

Cant believe that Macca went to the blues

A Shame that some results didn't go as well as you wanted but I am sure that you are happy with the way things are going. Lets hope you can get out of the slump.

Still think you will get European football

6. The Following User Says Thank You to justanotherkc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotherkc View Post
    Missed a few updates, but just caught up.

Look like you've got a few good signings there. A win against Leeds

Cant believe that Macca went to the blues

A Shame that some results didn't go as well as you wanted but I am sure that you are happy with the way things are going. Lets hope you can get out of the slump.

Still think you will get European football
    Beat super Leeds Home and away!

Fecking Macca

Delighted with our PL start so far but currently in a sticky spell!

European football would be done effort!

vCash
    Bad couple of results there but unfortunate against Arsenal considering you restricted them to 2 shots!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Bad couple of results there but unfortunate against Arsenal considering you restricted them to 2 shots!
    Yes - Arsenal was unfortunate but you could argue the other way with Newcastle!

vCash

Future Transfer IN

It’s purely a sentimental signing as he is currently a Swansea LEGEND LEON, LEON, LEON!

Unsure how much game time he’ll have with us but a couple of decent att’s there could help things ticking over in midfield!

Whilst Darren Powell looks a good central defender

And Steven Pressley could well slot into RB well

Finally Jay Lucas looks an excellent striking prospect

THEN SOME VERY BIG NEWS……………..

Spoiler!

Away to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup then – maybe a game with less pressure for us……..

Cisse comes into DM in place of the suspended Batty. This could be his chance to lock down the spot given Miller has got the holding CM place

“Cup progress in an easy afternoon at Selhurst Park”

That man again scores early – Alexiou – he loves it

But we cannot build on that even though we are by far the better team

Cisse doing well but replaced by Yates with a niggle

Hesp and Conte come on for the booked Graham and Miller and we see the game out very nicely

Onto the next round please 

Could have been more comfortable if it wasn’t for the excellent Friedel

Spoiler!

FA Cup 4th Round Draw

That’ll do – Wolves are in the division below us and it’s at home so I’m happy enough!

Home to 17th place Millwall who are fighting relegation. We really could do with getting back on the horse here!

“Another loss in a game that Swans dominate – worrying times!”

Cisse back in the holding CM role gets us off to a flying start

But once again we cannot capitalise on that start and we end up going in level at HT which is incredibly frustrating

We have a few walking wounded on the pitch 2nd half as well

Freestone then makes an error as he loses the ball in the air for Millwall to go ahead

To rub salt into the wound Kinkladze scores a trademark free kick past a hapless Freestone

Big Rog had another off days but wasn’t helped by the defence either. But it’s a game we should have won

Spoiler!

Still in 6th. Apart from Man Utd and Liverpool, there is a real lack of consistency from the other teams in the top half

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Kinkladze!

You're going to end up with a whole new squad with all these future transfers Not doing yourselves any favours with the wage bill either
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Kinky was awesome wasnt he? Proper cult hero but skilful as fook!

The plan is to re-scout the agreed transfers then cancel them if no longer needed

vCash
    Finally got Hartson

Pressley looks a good Pro

5 points separate 6 teams. Just need a nice little run to cement your place in the top 3/4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to justanotherkc For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotherkc View Post
    Finally got Hartson

Pressley looks a good Pro

5 points separate 6 teams. Just need a nice little run to cement your place in the top 3/4

Hartson will make a big difference to us

Pressley tough as nails and will really challenge for RB spot or can play DC

The only run we are currently on is DOWN the table mate

vCash
    Finally got round to reading the 2nd season, and what a title fight with Luton, Hull and Bristol City but you finished strong and deserved the title, and a good showing against Liverpool as well in the cup, a great season given the injury to Thomas but I'm sure he'll play a big part in the third season too.

Surprised yourself and others hadn't heard of Tobros though, maybe doesn't get the plaudits of a Skalidis as he's not a striker but he's fairly known as one of the Super Greeks.

Looking forward to seeing the transfer business in the summer ahead of next season anyway.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Finally got round to reading the 2nd season, and what a title fight with Luton, Hull and Bristol City but you finished strong and deserved the title, and a good showing against Liverpool as well in the cup, a great season given the injury to Thomas but I'm sure he'll play a big part in the third season too.

Surprised yourself and others hadn't heard of Tobros though, maybe doesn't get the plaudits of a Skalidis as he's not a striker but he's fairly known as one of the Super Greeks.

Looking forward to seeing the transfer business in the summer ahead of next season anyway.
    Hull and Luton fecked me off for along time and seem like bogey teams!

That Liverpool game was emotional and we did well all things given

Think I searched for Tobros and found nowt really and never heard of him myself - more stories to come from him!

Thomas proved himself at that level which was great to see before that 6 month blow!

Lets just say Ive always been rather busy in the market within this story!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash

Future Transfer IN

Young and has pretty good defensive att’s!

Then we also agree terms with a WELSH International Goalkeeper – could he replace Big Rog for next season?

The a HUGE signing in Boateng – he looks like a perfect DM for us if Batty/Yates do not hang around!

Away to 18th place Leicester who have been in relegation zone for most of season.

I decide to stay with a “home” formation for this game

“Superkeepered in another poor result against a lower table team!”

Horrendous 1st half with 2 shots from both teams - literally feck all happened from 2 teams in poor form and lacking in confidence?

Vassell with a knock so Alsop replaces him at HT

We perform much better in the 2nd half but are thwarted by Ian Walker

Ian Walker has the game of his life………..

Spoiler!

We fall to 7th………

Up next is Wolves in the FA Cup at The Vetch Field

I feel the need to completely rotate and freshen things up – this is how the team looks for the game

“A good time for the best performance of the season!”

We are 3 up in quick fashion and then Wolves fall to 10 men

Couldn’t ask for an easier day at the office as I am afforded the luxury to make subs early

Vassell goes off injured which is a worry but a lot of people have put their hands up today

Lee Jenkins with a helluva game

Spoiler!

Injury News

Ouch – he has been superb for us but has NOT got the goals we need – time for Thomas to step up?

Swans TV Interview

Reporter: Can you give us your immediate reaction to the news Darius Vassell will be out for 3 months? Arguably the rest of the season!

Redders: I’m gutted for the lad. He has been superb for me on an off the pitch since he joined. He will be a big loss to replace

Reporter: Some of the fan base may argue he hasn’t exactly brought the expected goals though for such a big name?

Redders: Maybe not and Darius knows that. But his link up play has been immense and it’s been his partner young Alexiou who has benefitted from it. You can all see his average rating and how well he has played unselfishly

Reporter: So – Who’s gonna step up in his absence?

Redders: Well, we do have options which is good in Thomas, Alsop and Benjamin or even Graham. James Thomas could be first in line as he has taken his chances whenever he has had game time but for sure this is a blow for the rest of the season

Reporter: Possible to bring anyone in?

Redders: Not with these finances

Redders: But we have just agreed a loan deal for this very exciting attacking midfielder!

Reporter: Wow – that is some news to get the fans excited! And with regards the rest of the season, how do you see it going and the review so far

Redders: Looks, it’s been superb. We are in the European places and in 5th Round of the FA Cup! Yes – recently we have hit some roadblocks but the target has been to stay in this league and we are looking good for that and we will try and finish as high as we can

Reporter: Ok Thanks for your time!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Keep those transfers coming!

vCash
    Blondel - wow. Looks hell of player.

Shame Walker superkeepered you. Probably those curtains he sports filled the goal up!

Just think of all the money you can make selling these Bosmans in the summer

Good performance in the cup. Pretty much done after the sending off.

vCash

vCash
    Great loan deal!

Still going strong in FA Cup!

Boateng should be more than good enough, good signing there.
    The Alphabet Game #3

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344