Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Narrative of Zan - Chapter 1: The Motherland Calling....

vCash

A Narrative of Zan - Chapter 1: The Motherland Calling....

A Narrative of Zan
    Chapter 1: The Motherland Calling....

The Isle of Zan - a nation that not much is known about - is, under the controlling monarch Zan Man, pushing for a global presence in the biggest sports in the world: football.

Chapter 1 recalls the presence of a Zanish club within the English Football Conference, pursing to make a mark on history and proving once, and for all, that the Isle of Zan can show themselves as equals to their counter-parts. With their absurd and eccentric customs, only one team can prove if they are right or wrong: Super Zan FC.

Be apart of the not only the fearless - or ambitious - warriors of Zan, but history!

Club Details

Chairman: ZanMan
    Director of Football: Terry Zannit Senior
    Manager: Johnny Arses
    Assistant Manager:Wyatt Wylder
    Coach(s):
    JOHN CENA!
    Info3
    Bobby Bob
    Maxim Tsigalko
    Scout(s):
    Dodge
    Cherno Samba
    Physio(s):
    Breakfast Clown

Players:
    21/50

Peter Starks (Position: GK)
    Bobby Bob (Position: GK)
    JOHN CENA! (Position: D/DM/S C)
    Pedro Martins (Postion: D C)
    Mohsen (Position: D R/C)
    Michael Chambers (Position: D R/C)
    trunky Draper (Posiition: D/DM L)
    Andre Duque (Position: D L/R)
    GF Ray (Position: D L/R/C)
    Mark Henderson (Position: D/AM L/R)
    CM Adventurer (Position: DM R/C)
    C-M Cruijff-Zidane (Position: D C)

Terry Zannit (Position: DM/AM L/C)
    Evendur Shamarsson (Position: DM/M C)
    Same Version (Position: MC)
    Kane Steele (Posituib: AM/F R)

Terry Yorath (Position: AM L/C)
    Four Fourtwotwo (Position: AM C)
    Cuong Tran Manh (Positon: AM C)
    Mark Cavendish (Position: AM/F L/R/C)
    Maestro del Mundo (Position: F L/R/C)
    Steve Pyro (Position: F C)
    AJ von Krondor (Position: ST)

*Note: edits to database will stay apart of story, though chapters may differ save in future so therefore you'll remain a player through future chapters*
    **Note: Italic names are forum members, others are bluffers for squad depth and doesnt neccessary mean they'll be chosen**

News Links About Super Zan and Isle of Zan
    Spoiler!

Story Updates:

Posted by: Zanish Intelligence
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 01-02-19 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Updated

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash

Breaking News
    Fifa and UEFA Responds to Controversial Proposals from Small Nation

Fifa and UEFA have responded to the controversial proposals from the small independent channel nation after they made attempts to set up a footballing governing body and professional league within their island.

Sky Sports heard from a Fifa spokesperson early this week that they have received proposals from a small island nation about joining the Fifa affiliation, which has since been confirmed as the independent Isle of Zan.

The small, rather unknown and debated nation had made proposals of creating their own governing body, seated by their monarch ruler Zan Man and heading both a national team and a football league.

After much deliberation, it has been confirmed that Fifa has confirmed an existence of a national team for the island but had rejected the nation's application for it's own affiliated league.

“Due to the lack of competitive teams known within the nation, Fifa and UEFA has rejected the possible implication of a professional and affiliated league. Though we have rejected this proposal we have negotiated to allow the creation of an Isle of Zan national team to be allowed to perform international and against other affiliated national teams.”

The proposals from the Zan – the title of the monarchy – has been called controversial due to the 'nationality' state that the island states. Though most commonly accepted as a nation, other countries have avoided or plain outright disregarded any direct relationship with the island itself.

“The culture of the Isle of Zan is barbaric, backward and unacceptable in the twenty first century,” said an anonymous source in leading governing body. “To accept such a nation into the international community is wrong!”

Despite the rejections, it is said that the disappointed Zan has already started to continue his quest for a representation of the nation within a league format. Though a source close to the Zan himself has been quoted as saying:

“Zan Man is furious with both UEFA and Fifa. He feels disrespected – he thought he had bribed them enough money to get his way.”

It will certainly be interesting to see how this develops further…

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash

BBC Sport Understands Isle of Zan Negotiations with FA and Football League

BBC sources have understood that several meetings between the Football League, FA and Isle of Zan monarchy ruler Zan Man have been ongoing after his rejections of a professional league and his own ruling governing body from both Fifa and UEFA.

Though not content with earning his own national team, it is said that the ever abrasive Zan has been trying to enforce a compromise for his country.

“The Zan is determined to see a competitive Zanish club within a league, and even if that means a Zanish club entering the English football league – so be it,” one source has said.

The meetings have been occurring frequently over the passing days which has hinted at a possible deal being brokered, though the details are being hailed secret at the current moment, it seems that it will be publicly announced shortly.

“The negotiations are going to strength and strength, hinting at an alliance being made.”

BBC Sport will keep up with any further updates as they become known.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash

English Football League has Made an Agreement With Zan Man

The EFL has come to an agreement with the Zanish monarch Zan Man to allow one of his countries teams to play within the English league structure from next season.

The controversial move comes after a few exceptional weeks for the small channel island, as they have been allowed a Fifa and UEFA affiliated national team as well as negotiations between both the EFL and FA.

Though the specifics of the FA negotiations haven't been revealed, as Sky Sources confirms talks are on-going, however the outcomes of the EFL deal have been agreed.

An Zanish club will be allowed to perform in the English Conference by the start of next season, the selection of which team would be decided by Zan himself, and they will be required to field only Zanish nationals.

It has been said that this follows an initiative of allowing other two clubs to become apart of the English football league in previous years, though in a lower levelled league.

A team has accepted to close it's doors to allow the Zanish club to come into the league, though this club will announce their decision at a later date.

The move has caused some concern from others within the leagues, as it seems most condemn such actions.

AFC Wimbledon's chairman Erik Samuelson was quoted:

“As a club that has spent the last 15 years earning to get where it is today, from the non-league terrioties to the Second Division, to hear of another team waltzing into the divisions without a care is once again showing the corrupted nature of the governing bodies we are meant to follow!”

It seems that Samuelson's views have been echoed the football leagues as many other football owners have voiced the same opinion.

Though some have even gone as far as to doubt the small nation will have enough of their own Zanish players to field a strong 11, never mind run a club.

“The nation is an island, with not many population from what I’ve read. How are they going to make sure they can run not only a national team, but a club at the same time? It seems like this Zan Man is a fool! Putting all his eggs into one basket, but really it's going to end up on his face!”

It is said that Zan Man is expected to announce some decisions within the next couple of days following the agreement.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash

vCash
    Can you provide latitude and longitude for Zan?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourfourtwo View Post
    Can you provide latitude and longitude for Zan?

URGENCY

You have requested information that is not allowed to be known by non-Zanish.

All shall be known within next 48 hours.

Reusme Your Everyday Occurence, Dwellers.
    Posted By: Zanish Intelligence

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash

Isle of Zan Announces First Manager and More

Zan Man has announced the first ever manager of the Isle of Zan as American Riley Bartley was announced as manager on a 3-year deal.

With his acceptance, Bartley has become an honorary citizen of the Isle of Zan and will oversee the development of the nations football development in a leading role too.

Bartley has spent over twenty-five years in football, playing mostly in North American League before the MLS was established. An aggressive disciplinary who isn't afraid to go against referees or linemen about decisions, the 43-year-old has been an assistant manager to another football project for the past five years.

“This is the perfect opportunity for me to show I am an amazing manager who can handle the pressure of a high reputation job. No longer will I sit next to a crazed idiot and barked out orders! I will make Isle of Zan relevant, and challenge on all fronts!”

The news comes after an agreement with the EFL about a Zanish club will enter the Football League next year, the third club to do so in recent times.

Other reported names included Fabio Capello, Avram Grant, The Eejit, AMC – who has since gone missing, and Niko Bergstrom.

“I am not a second thought! Zan was repeatedly telling me how I matched what he had envisioned shaping the Zanish generation of players, for now, and for the years to come. We both want to see the Isle of Zan lift the World Cup!”

The Isle of Zan have also announced the chosen club that will be included into the English Football League starting from the next season. The club announced is the first ever professional club established upon the island, Super Zan FC.

Super Zan FC was established in 1905 after local groups grew restless with other sports at that time. The club has won numerous Zan titles and cups, including the Zan Cup which dates back from 1955, pitting the side against other sides in the island and a team of makeshift Zanish as a represented form the much disregarded Isle of Man.

The club will play in the national stadium, The Mudking Stadium, and will also share a staff room of Zanish nationals, though this so far has become confirmed as only in the planning stages and no names have been signed.

It is also rumored that the club will also be looking to sign as many players as possible, with the chairman looking to prevent the club and releasing all the players that were signed to the club in order to “ease-in a new era” at the club.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Will away teams need to be transported to Zan with bags over their heads? Can't see Macclesfield, Southend etc. players liking that

vCash

Super Zan FC Happy to Announce New Manager

Super Zan FC is happy to announce the signing of the first manager to see in the club's inclusion into the English Football League, the Polish master tactician Info1.

Mr. Info1 has shown a great depth of knowledge within the field of tactical strategies, philosophy and analytical prowess within discussions with members of the club, and was felt best to lead the club forward to success.

Alongside our manager's announcement, we then condensed a short press conference which was reported by both English and Zanish media alike, to ensure that the appointment is well known. This included journalists at respected newspapers such as the England's The Sun, Daily Mail, Daily Star and Daily Mirror with the Zanish newspapers The Moon, Daily Fail, Nightly Start and Daily Reflective Surface.

Below are some of the questions and answers conducted during the press conference.

Journalist: Mr Info1, you are well-known for being a background character, what made it seem so intriguing to come out to such an appointment?

Info1: I needed money to pay off bills, this is no challenge to me. They have the best manager. Do not call me arrogant, I speak the truth. I know the ratio of every game. I am a human computer, I know I'm Info1.

J: Isn't it true you used to go by Info0, why the sudden change?

I: Yes, formerly. I know now I am of one greater than zero. I am of 1, therefore I am of Info1. I am a manager, the number 1 spot.

J: What type of manager will you be? What type of tactics are you going to use?

I: I am me, Info1. I will use yo-yo videos to torture players to be better. I use what I must to win. I will use PES 2018, it is FOOTBALL. It is better than FIFA!

Soon a large amount of yen is passed over to Info1 As a crazed lunatic enters the press conference room with a name badge with 'FourFourTwo' on it.

Fourfourtwo:
    Why!? Why want you tell me the longitude and the latitude of this Island! How can Macclesfield Town get here? Why are bananas so perfect to hold in my hand? How did I get here?!

I: You are interrupting Info1. You do not interrupt Info1. You shall be held in my basement and tortured to yo-yo videos, playing the inefficient Fifa 17 video game and listening to my music. If I do ratio correctly, you might join the others under my patio.

442: Just tell me! I need my fix man, bugs are crawling in my skin. I need to know the Latitude and Longitude of the island!

I: You get to know it is between Norwich and Amersterdam. Now, I leave. I am Info1, I need to see more yoyo videos.

Thus conducted the end of the press conference, due to an abrupt ending by an invading non-journalist. The matter is hopefully handled, and Super Zan FC wants to also make official note that all travel to and from the great Isle Of Zan shall be sorted before the start of the season with the respected clubs.
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 19-09-17 at 09:46 PM.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I need answers damn it. I'll go to the papers if I have to

vCash

vCash

Super Zan Football Club Open Trials

Super Zan FC are commencing open trials for all additional internationalists to join our club and be apart of the forthcoming new era in our history.

Those that have shown the privilege to join the club on a full time contract will additionally earn a short-term accommodation in the Isle of Zan's illustrious capital of Zandon, as well as the honorary citizenship that will allow you to be possibly called up for the Isle of Zan national team. Your ability will be calculated based upon many factors, some of which you choose in our simple application form below.

The club will hold open over 23 positions, which can be extended if needed to be by popular demand, which you would ultimately tie yourself to at the club. Neither if your experience includes professional, semi-professional or none/sunday league level, we will welcome you with open arms!

Application Form

First Name:
    Second Name:
    Date of Birth (From 2001):
    Nationality (Preferably One):
    Preferred Foot:
    Playing History (Please Specify Clubs if Possible):
    Position (Where you Wanna Play):

Below is additional options to build an impression of yourself as a person and a player.

Personality

From below, please use three words which you deem to best associate to yourself.

Playing Ability

From below, rate three areas of play you feel best to describe your playing ability from a range of 15, 18, 20.

Please select an additional areas you feel feel best to describe as your more adequate playing ability. These are limited to only 5 in a range of 10.

That is all for the beginning process of the application to join Super Zan FC and the new era of Zanish football. From both the Chairman and the manager, we hoped to be in contact for any further developments and to welcome you to the club.
    Last edited by ZanSnake; 21-09-17 at 01:57 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Go on then, I'll go first

First Name: Mark
    Second Name: Henderson
    Date of Birth (From 2001): 25/05/86
    Nationality (Preferably One): English
    Preferred Foot: Right
    Playing History (Please Specify Clubs if Possible): Sunday League - Madeley White Star, Burslem WMC, Loggerheads.

Determination, Loyalty and Sportmanship.

20 - Leadership
    18 - Positioning
    15- Tackling

10 - Work Rate, Passing, Marking, Movement, Pace.

Hope I've understood this correctly!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Go on then, I'll go first

Playing History (Please Specify Clubs if Possible): Sunday League - Madeley White Star, Burslem WMC, Loggerheads.

20 - Leadership
    18 - Positioning
    15- Tackling

Yep perfect... Except I forgot to add position just add it in quote I'll edit form

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Go on then, I'll go first mop

20 - Leadership
    18 - Positioning
    15- Tackling

Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Yep perfect... Except I forgot to add position just add it in quote I'll edit form
    Now I accidentally deleted the post... Fml

vCash

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    First name: Four

Second name: Fourtwotwo

Nationality: Egyptian

Position: Attacking midfielder

DOB: 01/04/1980

Foot: Left

Playing history: youth player at El-Masry

Ambition, adaptability, determination

20 Creativity

18 Flair

15 Aggression

10 Pace, acceleration, one on ones, vision, dribbling

vCash
    Cheers guys. Still doing some additions, hoping for more fellows to join up. Meant time I'll try to update op and start things up slowly.

Hopefully won't be long for peeps to complete the minimum 11/18 I want...

30. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Ill join.

AJ von Krondor, striker.
    Dutch/ German, right footed, 24-01 dob.

Played for Feyenoord and Excelsior, youth setup.

Determination, loyalty, temperament.

20 off the ball, 18 finishing, 15 strength
    10 dribbling, heading, pace, stamina and work rate.

Looking forward to this!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This seems interesting, but i demand, depending of the goals achieved by myself and the club, a chance at joining the royal family and my favourite number 29.

First name: André

Second name: Duque

Nationality: Portuguese

Position: Right / Left back

DOB: 23/02/1988

Foot: Right, but left good is as bad as the right one

Playing history: youth player at G.D. Santo Amaro

Loyalty, Professionalism, Temperament

20 Pace

18 Tackling

15 Teamwork

10 Acceleration, crossing, long-shots, passing and strength

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Duke29 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Ill join.

AJ von Krondor, striker.
    Dutch/ German, right footed, 24-01 dob.

Played for Feyenoord and Excelsior, youth setup.

Determination, loyalty, temperament.

20 off the ball, 18 finishing, 15 strength
    10 dribbling, heading, pace, stamina and work rate.

Looking forward to this!
    Need an age mate

Quote Originally Posted by Duke29 View Post
    This seems interesting, but i demand, depending of the goals achieved by myself and the club, a chance at joining the royal family and my favourite number 29.

First name: André

Second name: Duque

Nationality: Portuguese

Position: Right / Left back

DOB: 23/02/1988

Foot: Right, but left good is as bad as the right one

Playing history: youth player at G.D. Santo Amaro

Loyalty, Professionalism, Temperament

20 Pace

18 Tackling

15 Teamwork

10 Acceleration, crossing, long-shots, passing and strength
    Umm I am guessing you want to be 23? As in '78 not '88, meaning you'll be 13

vCash
    Need a few more guys to join up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Need an age mate
    Make me 23

38. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    OP updated with latest team members

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast