Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CML Reborn v2.0

CML Reborn v2.0

As stated in the general info thread, I'm willing to start this up again if people are interested, ideally looking for 8-12 people to participate.

For those of you who don't know what the CML is, it's similar to DTL however any tactic is allowed (wib-wob, tapani, centralised it's up to you). For this edition I will also be using the ODB (3.9.60 data on the 3.9.68 patch) to differentiate it even more, so if you're lucky in the draft you may have the chance to pick Tsigalko, To Madeira or Titi Camara

It will be a case of once the save is created that would be the save going forward for however seasons this lasts (hopefully a fair few), so you'll be able to develop any youngsters you may pick, or reap the rewards of gambling on a -1 or -2 PA player and striking lucky.

Any questions let me know

Confirmed players:

1) AMC
    2) Mark
    3) Redknapp69
    4) colml
    5) AJ
    6) London35
    7) Kowalinho
    8) trunky
    9) steve
    10) drkshadow1
    11) peaceboy
    12) GFRay

Sacked:

jdgmedia
    Last edited by AMC; 30-11-17 at 03:28 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

This is going to blow up my computer. Never quite got the hang of how to handle multiple .dB's..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

AMC

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    This is going to blow up my computer. Never quite got the hang of how to handle multiple .dB's..
    Easy.

It's ridiculously easy AJ, you just take a copy of the default CM directory and rename it under the type of patch/update that it is. Then just make whichever version you want to use the default.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AMC

I even think I would like to participate but first, I would like to know how it works in terms of organizing times to get together to play? and by the way, how do we connect with each other? (I've never played online, sorry for my ignorance)

I second PedroM's comment - I'd probably like to join in with this (although will most likely do worst out of anyone), but it's been many years since I played online, so it'd be good to know a bit more about exactly how it's going to work.

I've literally just re-downloaded the original DB to have a go again. If it follows the same lines of the DTL im in. If it doesnt im still in but i need a intro.

I third it

Quote Originally Posted by peaceboy View Post
    I've literally just re-downloaded the original DB to have a go again. If it follows the same lines of the DTL im in. If it doesnt im still in but i need a intro.
    It's exactly like DTL but wib-wob tactics allowed and it's on the ODB and we'll be using the one save throughout.

Just done a bit of searching - for anyone else who was previously unfamiliar with DTL, see here: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4567

14. The Following User Says Thank You to steve For This Useful Post:

AMC

No idea what's going on but I sign up for loads of stuff on that basis so I'm in!

Like AJ I am a thick idiot about this type of thing so help needed when getting 2 copies on my 6 hard drives

16. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

AMC

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Just done a bit of searching - for anyone else who was previously unfamiliar with DTL, see here: http://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4567
    Cheers mate, in work so can't explain it properly but between the threads at the bottom of this section and DTL all the info should be there, in short though you pick a squad, submit a lineup and a tactic to me and I run the games for a month and re upload the save for you to pick your team for the next month.

With trunky in that leaves 4 spots open.

Cool, count me in too.

Tournaments Won: 1

Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    No idea what's going on but I sign up for loads of stuff on that basis so I'm in!

Like AJ I am a thick idiot about this type of thing so help needed when getting 2 copies on my 6 hard drives
    I third this! I would love to play but have no idea how to have two DB running along side each other maybe a guide for dummies is needed. EITHER WAY I AM IN

Two spots to go then, will explain multiple databases later, but it'll be on the forum again, pretty simple to do.

Just to be clear... I'm in!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to peaceboy For This Useful Post:

AMC

One left.

I'll tentatively say yes without 100% being sure what I'm letting myself in for...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdgmedia For This Useful Post:

That makes 12

If anyone wants to be added to the waiting list say so below and if anyone drops out you can take their place.

Just install the game again but when doing it - when it wants to install in program files (usually), just give it a different folder name

e.g - see below, where I called one ODB, one Saturn V3 and one Test for the latest preview save game for Oct '17 update where each is configured as such. I just click the .exe then of which I want to play

Might be easier wasy to explain but that is what I do!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Unless I'm missing something, why only 12? Doesn't the game allow you to have 16?

It does, but I'm limiting it to 12 for the time being, the last edition was only 10.

still in

I'm in waiting list then
    Last edited by gabrielcm0102; 04-10-17 at 10:06 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast