Thread: v3.9.68 Cup..cpp 5030 error

vCash

v3.9.68 Cup..cpp 5030 error

Hi,
    After playing 2 seasons the game shut down during the yearly game data update in june.
    I tried to install the 242 update and now I get this "v3.9.68 Cup..cpp 5030" error message when I try to load the saved game.
    Thanks in advance for any support.
    Cheers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jzel View Post
    Hi,
    After playing 2 seasons the game shut down during the yearly game data update in june.
    I tried to install the 242 update and now I get this "v3.9.68 Cup..cpp 5030" error message when I try to load the saved game.
    Thanks in advance for any support.
    Cheers
    Did you install an update and then try to load the save file?

Sometimes that causes the problem. When I have a save-file I never install anything until I want to start from scratch.
    Have you tried reinstalling the game and then see if you can load the save file then?

vCash
    Thanks for your help but it didn't work.. It still kick me out pf the game while making the update

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Did you install an update and then try to load the save file?

Sometimes that causes the problem. When I have a save-file I never install anything until I want to start from scratch.
    Have you tried reinstalling the game and then see if you can load the save file then?

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Tried holidaying past the date?

vCash

v3.9.68 Cup..cpp 5030

Hi, my game was working fine, and had played a couple of seasons.

However I had to close it to install some update to my laptop. Now, when I try to load up my saved game I get the above error. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

vCash
    Made any editor changes to anything?

vCash
    No I haven't. Installed the patches recommended on here but that's it. Any ideas?

vCash
    If anyone else could help I'd really appreciate it, desperate to play again!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardz86 View Post
    However I had to close it to install some update to my laptop.
    How did you close your game? Did your laptop restarted while you were saving your game or after you had saved it?

vCash
    It restarted after I had saved the game.I saved it then updated my laptop, then restarted the laptop.

I have only installed patches to the game. I was 3 seasons in and finally had some success so dont really want to lose the game!

vCash
    It restarted after I had saved the game.I saved it then updated my laptop, then restarted the laptop.
    Then your save game file is probably fine (Backup the save game file now into a pendrive to avoid losing it while you are trying to fix this problem). The problem must be in the installation of the game. Maybe your laptop update changed something in the game installation? Are you sure you didn't install some patch on the game after you had already created this savegame (bcoz it may be incompatible with your save game)?

If u have another machine try install the game on it exactly with the same patches u used when u created your save game and see if the save game file loads to confirm its fine.

vCash
    and make sure your cm0102.exe is still set to run as admin and compatibility mode is still set to win xp sp3 or something like that, bcoz the laptop update may have moved you game from program files (x86) to program files, or vice versa, and removed those settings

vCash
    Is there any way I can tell which patches I used? I just tried to do what was recommended on here. I guess it might be the standard install of the game. Is there any way to just uninstall patches?

vCash
    Shall I copy the saved game, then uninstall and reinstall the basic game from here then? Not installing any patches, as this would be when I started the game?

vCash
    Is there any way I can tell which patches I used?
    The game without any patches would be v.3.9.60. The error message says "v3.9.68" so you applied the official patch v.3.9.68 at some point. You didn't apply any tapani patch nor any saturn patch (otherwise it would say "v.3.9.68T"). So, the patch your installation is using now is v3.9.68.

Is there any way to just uninstall patches? Shall I copy the saved game, then uninstall and reinstall the basic game from here then? Not installing any patches, as this would be when I started the game?
    So, if you created this savegame without any patches as you are saying, and then later you applyed the v3.9.68 patch, thats the cause for the crash. The solution is uninstall and reinstall the game without any patches and then load the save game (also, remember to set compatibility of the cm0102.exe file to xp sp3 or something like that and run in admin mode). But make sure to backup your savegame file first to a pen drive or to some other folder to avoid losing it during unistall.

vCash
    Thanks for your help! Final question, Do i just uninstall through the game as if it were a CD?

Thanks so much!

vCash
    I can't find where to uninstall! There's an Uninst.isu file but nothing happens when I click other than trying to open the windows app store...

vCash
    I can't find where to uninstall! There's an Uninst.isu file but nothing happens when I click other than trying to open the windows app store...
    Windos control panel > Programs > unistall a program : you should see the game listed there, just choose to unistall.

OR, even better, i think you dont even need to uninstall the game. Just rename the game folder from 'Championship Manager 01-02' to something else, and then install the game. The new installed game will be in the newly created 'Championship Manager 01-02' folder. If that dont work, then yes try uninstall and reinstall.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash

THE GAME JUMPS ALL THE WAY TO WINDOWS ANS SHUT DOWN.

Hello, I need help. I downloaded the game from the web site and played with Ajax with no problems until today.

Iīm in 2005 and after a Champions League match, always at the same day, the game shut down suddenly. It takes me all the way to windows and I donīt know why.

ANY HELP????

Thanks.

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Can you holiday passed the date?

vCash
    Iīve tried that. Didnīt work.

vCash
    Then I tried to download the last patch and I cannot run the game at all.

When i tried to load my save appears to me this error: "v3.9.68 Cup..cpp 5030"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paquirripena View Post
    Then I tried to download the last patch and I cannot run the game at all.

When i tried to load my save appears to me this error: "v3.9.68 Cup..cpp 5030"
    Take a look through thes threads and see if any joy - https://champman0102.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1153676