Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Dream Team League - Season 12

vCash
    Donnarumma getting injured is a blow, hopefully he's not out too long. Through in the FA Cup and CL after a nervy first leg against Juve.

vCash
    Well there it is then, baring a miracle - here lies the end of my title hopes. No i need to concentrate on not falling out of the top 4 in the last three matches. A quick review of the games.

Spurs: 2:0 loss. We were totally off the boil here, probably the worst performance i've seen from my team in a long long time. This was the Derby of last season.

Pompey: 4:0 win. Whereas the last match was Derby of last season this typified this seasons Rams. A comprehensive display and lots of goals, but crucially (and indicative of the whole season) very lucky. Pompey played just as well and would have been probably disappointed in any loss, never mind a 4:0 drumming.

Boro and Chelsea: Two routine 2:0 away wins.

Man U: 1:0 loss. And there it is. The title has gone, and rather gallingly undeservedly. We played very well and to lose to an 88th minute Pogba goal hurt. Hurt alot.

Well heres to the final 3 games one of which im away to the champions! Can i spoil their party (even just for one day) or hand them the title? As long as i get into the champions league - this season will be considered a success.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peaceboy For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    You only need a point for promotion though mate. So don't lose and you are cushty.

Thanks for the no-show Ebz, now onto the Europe League Final to take on evesham

Shame the result against Swansea wasn't the other way around, it would be a very interesting battle for 3rd and 4th

Manager of the Year award to peaceboy surely. One more win and they are playing CL football next season, epic season
    Indeed, I just need a point as long as Palace lose one of their final three games. They have 2 games in hand!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

AJ is offline Official Challenge Team
    VIP
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Amazed how I don't get fired. Getting pummeled left and right.

Gratz to GF for winning the League Cup Final, now our season is effectively over...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Thanks for the no-show Ebz, now onto the Europe League Final to take on evesham

You probably would have beaten me my more if I'd picked the team!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

GFRay is offline Member of the Month
    Tactics Mod
    UML Mod
    VIP
    vCash
    As always: Great writeup Marko!

Alright, let's do the review.

Man City 2-1 Tottenham: Deservedly won our first price by beating AJ in the EFL Cup Final!
    Portsmouth 3-0 Man City: The red card for Kompany cost us a chance in the FA Cup Final as we were actually pretty even with trunky's men.
    Man City 2-1 Chelsea: Deserved win against the CPU.
    Norwich 0-0 Man City: We were lucky to get a point against ebfatz's former team.
    Newcastle 1-3 Man City: Another lucky win as Newcastle were the better side.
    Man City 1-0 Swansea: And again we didn't deserved to win, but three points against direct competitor Redders for the CL spots is very sweeeeeet.

All in all a 'meh' month. Delighted that we won the EFL Cup which means European football next year. But gutted to get knocked out of the FA Cup semis. In the league we got 10 points from 4 games where we maybe only deserved 4 or 5 points. I'll just take that as compensation for other months were I got screwed over!

The deciding month is coming up. Right now in 4th place and a game in hand on Swansea who we can tie in points. But with away games against Evesham and Man Utd and two home games against league leader Erkifino and Dermotron, I do fear we could finish outside of the top 4.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

We take a lead v Janis's old boys in CL 1st leg then lose 2-0 2nd leg and don't qualify for the semi-final

And not seen the save yet byut that was a HUGE game v GFRay that he won - If I would have won that then Top 4 would all but safe

Now I am still in a struggle for it

Can't complain too much though - I have come back witha vengeance for contention for Top 4 and won all my other league games this month

That was a huge write up Mark

Will check out save shortly!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Amazing Write up Mark.

Easy to see why DTL is a Premier league feature of the forums.

On a personal note, i am quite happy to finish 10th in my first season back in the Prem.
    Inconsistency has been my downfall. Beaten some very good sides and lost against some that i really should have beaten.

Learning curve still steep but starting to flatten..

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pyromyst For This Useful Post:

vCash
    thanks for the write up Mark
    I'll gladly take 8 points out of 12 in the PL. Close game losing to AMC's Hull in the FA Cup semi-Final and very happy to make the Europa League Final vs Dermo's Southampton.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Blimey!

Getting to the Cup Final, the manager's favourite of all the cup finals, is lovely and all that but a top 4 finish would be great. Unfortunately losing to managerless Everton (super keepered) plus a hammering against Derby has put paid that. And then we draw with Norwich. Plus what looks like a hundred injuries and it's not a very good month for Portsmouth. Big rebuild time I think.
    Last edited by trunky; 17-01-18 at 06:53 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    WON 1-0 v drkshadow's boys - we mullered 'em - should have been more!

WON 2-1 v Janis's old team in CL - we SMASHED them and they were so lucky to get an away goal - that has fecked me off even more know knowing what was to come...............

WON 3-2 v Leicester - 2 late goals win it for us but should have been a clearer scoreline

WON 5-2 v Dermo. It was a very close and even game and the scoreline flattered us. The kicker was his goalkeeper having a 'mare

LOST 2-0 v Janis'sold team and we are kicked out. Fair scoreline on the day and we completely under performed when the pressure was on - worrying that. But we should have gone through after that first leg - lucky feckers!

WON 2-0 v Fulham - Smashed then and could have been more........

LOST 1-0 v GFRay's boys - a close game but we were the better team - absolute joke we got nothing from the game

All in all a good month of performances barring 2nd leg of CL

Still fecked off with that and the game v GFRay

Tough finish to the season playing 2 manager teams in last 3 v Pyro and Rakanj

Saying that, GFRay behind me has a bitch of a run in!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678